the opposite of serenity ☀︎

Autorstwa __plantchild

h a r r y p o t t e r - the riddle era Serenity Thornwell a 5th year accidentally found caught up in... Więcej

Cast ★
「S e r e n i t y」☀︎
Playlist★
「She should have stayed in bed」☀︎
「Head in the clouds」☁︎
「Man on a mission」☀︎
「The sun and the moon」☀︎
「Mr. lonely」☀︎
「Pluviophile」☁︎
「ρretty and party 」☀︎
「 envy 」☀︎

「a day alone」☁︎

50 1 1
Autorstwa __plantchild

"Beautiful girl hasn't grown up yet
And she's wasting all her feelings on a boy she's never met." Pretty face -republic

af·fec·tion·ate
əˈfekSH(ə)nət/Submit
adjective
readily feeling or showing fondness or tenderness.
"a happy and affectionate family"
synonyms: loving, fond, adoring, devoted, caring, doting, tender, warm, warmhearted, softhearted, friendly; More
expressing fondness.
"an affectionate kiss"

.

♥︎

I feel the damp cold floor against my bare feet as I walk through the dark hallway. I can't see and all I can count on was the floor beneath me. Fear consumed me as I thought of terrible things of why i was here. I am alone, I am cold, I am scared. I saw light and a strange humanoid figure. I open my mouth to scream out for help but nothing came out. My voice strained to make a sound but nothing came out! My heart beats faster as I start to panic.
Wake up

I knew it was winter by how cold it was. I opened my eyes welcome by the red cover. I groan while sitting up. My shoulder ached; I slept on both sides which caused both to be sore. My eyes felt heavy, I wasn't getting good sleep. I keep having strange nightmares. This was the 3rd time it happened. Each one different but similar at the same time. I shiver once my foot touched the floor. Cold like ice. I didn't feel up to it this morning. I felt no excitement, even though today was the day we went to Hogsmade- and what do you know! I forgot to give the permission slip to my parents and now I couldn't go.

Once I got dressed and did my routine, I went downstairs to breakfast. I didn't feel like eating at all today. For some reason today wasn't going to be a good day I just know it. Groggy- I walk to the library. Most likely to pick a book out and fall asleep reading it. Recently I've been stressing over the party that was today. I had no idea what to wear and I don't think I want to go anymore. I wonder inside, the fresh smell of books welcome my nostrils. I breath in and I feel right at home. I wonder around the shelves looking for something good to fall asleep too. Herbology with the text was boring so I grabbed a book on Top 10 plants for healing. I sat down and opened up and laid my head down. My head against the cold table, I looked toward the left of me. The restricted section stood out, inside was a familiar figure. I lifted my head up to see who it was. As soon as my vision cleared I looked in shock to see who it was. I carefully stood up, leaving my book behind. By a couple of steps I reached the bold warning. A warning saying not to enter, I trudged on. I pushed open the door. Inside was looking down at a book was the infamous Tom. I cleared my throat to catch his attention. He quickly snapped up and looking toward where the sound was heard. His face went from surprised to flat. "What are you doing in the restricted section!" I started to plan that I was going to report him to the librarian. But if I did "None of your business." He responds before quickly shutting the book he was reading. "I can report you, you know" I retorted. My threat went by him supposedly unfazed. I haven't seen him since we were both stuck in the hospital wing. He hasn't been to classes supposedly on Perfect business. All the teachers trusted him, I had to admit it was a good strategy but it got on my nerves. His chuckle quickly snapped me back to reality. "I have permission to be here." He states. After mentally rolling my eyes I knew exactly what that meant. "Whatever, Riddle" I looked at the book he was reading and noticed it was the word I saw circled in his diary and I had a feeling it wasn't good. I remember hearing it is part of very dark magic but I'm not exactly sure what it is. "Why are you reading that, Tom? Haven't you heard of what kind of magic that it?" I furrowed my eyebrows. He put the book back and had that same unamused face "that's none of your concern Thornwell, quit sticking your nose in all of my business" he was about to leave but I caught his arm "you know I'd be careful if I were you, tom. What do you think would happen to your perfect reputation if someone found out what you were reading" I said confidently, but what I didn't realize is that I was basically threatening him which is a scary thing to do. His eyes widened but then a smirk formed on his lip "are you threatening me serenity? That's a very bold move, but might I add it could also could be a dangerous one" he said with the same devilish smirk. I felt a chill down my spine. "Fine. I won't tell anyone. But you owe me a favor." I say. He sighed "fine what do you want?" I smiled "I'll think of something later. See you later Tom" I could tell saying his first name bothered him and I find that funny. I let go of his arm and started to walk "don't get used to this serenity!" I smirked and turned around "you know a smile could look good on you" He raised an eyebrow "bye now" I say leaving.

The cold breeze slapped my face, as I stood outside in front of the school while everyone went to Hogsmade. My nose wrinkled in disgust since I wasn't able to go. My sister came up to me "don't be down serenity, next time don't be so forgetful" she smiled while ruffling my hair, I swatted her hand away "quit doing that! It's driving me mad!" She laughed "try not to get too bored! I'll be back soon" she said with a smile. She waved as she walked with a crowd of her Ravenclaw friends and Venus. They soon disappeared from my eyesight, walking down the bridge. Convincing Dumbledore to let me go got me nowhere! I rolled my eyes as I walked back inside. I whispered curses under my breath. 'How unfair! My sister got to go! Why couldn't I?!' I stomped I inside. I decided to cower in the library. I opened the doors and went inside. This was the second time today that I had went and took shelter in the library. I realized it was raining like yesterday. The sweet sound of rain has always been comforting. I wandered around again.

I was expecting to be alone, but to my dismay I wasn't. I saw someone quickly walk by. I couldn't see who it was. I quietly stepped toward them. Wanting to catch at least a glance and see who it was. Most likely a stranger, but I didn't want to be lonely for the whole day. 'Maybe I should say hello?' My body leaned forward trying to see who it was. It's safe to say that I immediately regretted it. "Well, what do we have here?" His voice low and honeyed as usual. I was starting to get used to it, it didn't scare me as much anymore. I forced out a chuckle, "What are you doing here?" He was a few steps away from me, he had a worn out book in his hands and his lips looked puffy and swollen. The realization of how uncomfortable I was, was when the weight of my body on my foot was beginning to be noticeable. "I just might as the same question myself." He replied. I mentally rolled my eyes, 'what a snarky comment acting all smug.' I took a step forward to help regain my balance. "Well, I asked first" I shifted uncomfortably. Another dark chuckle, "I'm reading, what else would I be doing in the library?" Rolling my eyes was an understatement to express my disgust toward his chumminess. "Weren't you supposed to go to Hogsmade? Why are you here?" He inquires, this time his time was voice didn't sound dark. I sighed "I forgot to get my permission slip signed" I said tiredly. I started to slip into my thoughts 'My sister got to go cause she got it signed, but no she didn't bother reminding me!' I shook my head "Well what about you? How come you didn't go?" He shrugged "I didn't feel like going, I never usually do" Then the silence had settled. Only the sound of the books being put in the shelves could be heard. "So what do you think of the Ministry of Magic finally letting Non-mages get equity?" Politics was always a touchy subject. I noticed that his nose wrinkled up in disgust and his eyebrows furrow. His once calm eyes was now a raging dark storm. It was safe to say that it was not a good look on him. "I don't really have an opinion." Quickly he changed his demeanor, a dead expression appeared. But I did not believe him at all. "What's your opinion on it?" He replied. His voice full of lies. 'Why would he care to hear my opinion?'

"I honestly think that it's fine. If they can do magic that's alright with me...I guess, Plus my dad was a non-mage, and he was in Slytherin Like you" I said. A flash of pure disgust flashed appear on his face. He directed his head away from the books and towards me. Only then did it go from soft to just flat "You're a half blood?" It was more of a question then a statement, but I nodded. "Interesting" He muttered while biting his lips. "I notice you bite your lips when you think" I point out, speaking my thoughts again. I simultaneously get closer to inspect. He gave me a confused look due to my sudden out-burst. "How strange. You go from serious to light-hearted fun."Light and simple was his words. "But you can also say it's ignorance." His face getting darker. A twinge of pain shot through me. Ignorance was definitely not the best quality. The only way to solve was retaliation! "Well what about you, Tom? Aren't you a-tad-bit arrogant? Now what really makes you tick?" His eyes widened, now I really hit something. But at the same time I felt guilty, and bad. I didn't like it. I wasn't like this at all. I looked toward the body standing right in front of me. This was his doing. "You got me there, Serenity." Usually when someone says your name, it's supposed to be music to your ears. But not this time. I felt my eyebrows furrow. This is why I hated not having the power to read minds. I could never tell what the other person was thinking. No matter what. They could say what they're thinking but you don't know if that's the truth. I could never figure out what's going on inside his head! "Whatever! I'm hungry! You can come with me or not to go get food!" I turned away and lead myself towards the door. "You can stay here and be lonely as usual!" I hollered back. Someone shushed me but I couldn't identify who made the sound. Embarrassment spread, but it came to a halt when Tom sheepishly walked toward me. I smiled and opened the door for him. He scoffed at this a quickly walked out. I followed behind. I couldn't help but smile with joy.

We both sat at the Hufflepuff table as compromise.

"How about the Gryffindor table?"

"No."

"Whyyyyyy"

"Cause slytherin is closer!"

"Ok how about Hufflepuffs?"

"Fine"

Thank goodness we found a compromise my feet started to hurt. We both sat in front of each other. Just like that food started to appear. "So are you taking a date with you?" I ask while taking a piece of bread of the plate. "Why? Are you planning on asking me?" He smirked. The gates of my embarrassment flooded and surrounded my waking thoughts. "No! I was just starting conversation!" I huffed out before I ate the bread I was holding. I looked up to see him raise an eyebrow, while a small smirk appeared on his face. "Well what about you? Do you have someone?" His sly voice danced around my head. Immediately I realized how bad my answer looks. I looked down and fiddled with my thumb. "That's none of your business" I mutter. His chuckle mocks my inability to get a date. I rolled my eyes "whatever, there are more things to worry about than a date to bring anyway" there was a moment of silence. It soon became unbearable. We were the only ones here and it became creepy fast. For the rest of the time we both sat in calm silence while eating.

It wasn't all silence occasionally we said something. But we both departed when everyone came back. Only then did I really start to get worried. I didn't have someone to come with me to the party. I sighed. My eyes were focused on the ground that I didn't see how lost I was. I was in the kitchen 'how the hell did I get here?' I saw a stack of barrels and walked toward it. Hidden was like a burrow of wood. Suddenly the it opened from the bottom. 'Hide' I quickly huddled and hid under the table. I hit my knee while diving for cover. I cradled my knee while I was shield by the cover. It was white but darkness surrounded me. It slowly opened up and standing in front was a timid looking Adrian. Suddenly an idea popped in my head once I saw him. I quickly scrambled out from under the table. "Hey Adrain!" I say cheerily while standing up. He looks at me with shook and confusion. "What were you doing under the table?" His voice wavered and he stared at me with fear. "That's besides the point." I walk up to him, but his aquamarine eyes show fear. "I have to ask you something!" "Well what is it?" He asks kindly. "Will you be my date to Slughorns party? Well not date but like as friends?" His eyes widened and he nods. "S...s-sure I don't mind." I smile with excitement. "Cool! Meet me in front of the picture of the fat lady at 8! See you there!" I walked away proud. 'At least his stutter is getting better.' Adrain and I have always been friends, but never close friends like Maya. We were partners in a Herbology project during our 3rd year. His stutter was much worse then. I walk back to the Gryffindor common room. The portrait opened and life was going good. I heard a sudden gasp from behind me. "Serenity, what are you going to wear?"

___________________________

This took forever to write|:/
Sorry for another cliffhanger

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

4.1K 32 31
Aurora Kindle was in her 5th year. She had to transfer schools - beginning her new life in Hogwarts as a Slytherin. The war has been over for 3 year...
1.1M 38.6K 66
Vienna Marcus lived an interesting life. She was a proud member of The Order of the Phoenix like her parents before her, was in a fantastic relations...
313 60 8
"I'll never fathom Dumbledore's logic, deeming me a threat while he extends his paternal protection to you-a Muggle-born witch who wielded the Killin...
386K 10.6K 24
When he started his 6th year at Hogwarts, Tom Marvolo Riddle had viscous plans like no other and nothing stopped him from putting them into action. W...