Moving On (Peter Pan X Reader...

By Once_Upon_A_Glade

[Completed] The Gladers were in the land they've dreamed and longed for for so long, Paradise. Everyone was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
Author's Note I: Other Books

Chapter 18

2.5K 96 39
By Once_Upon_A_Glade

A/N: I'm going to add a few lines of a song that's going to be part of the playlist for this book. It's entitled Wings by Birdy.

When we got to the palace, everything just blew me away. This world that I'm in, the world that Peter is letting me explore, they just keep surprising me. There were so many people wearing such fancy dresses and having elaborate hairstyles and wearing beautiful jewelry. But I didn't feel self conscious at all. All I cared about was being here and experiencing new things.

I looked to one side and saw that there was a buffet table and on the other were some musicians playing while the others danced in the middle of the room. There was one couple that danced in the middle of the crowd. They were staring at each other with such love that I felt a small twinge of jealousy and sadness, remembering how Newt and I were like that before.

I felt something holding my hand and saw that it was Peter's. His eyes were also gazing at the lovely couple, and I wondered if he knew what I was thinking. "That's Prince Thomas," he said. "His father has arranged this ball so that he could find himself a wife, I think he's already found her."

"That's cute."

"Come on," he pulled my hand, "we have to go to the Royal Family."

When Peter introduced himself, using a different name than the Pied Piper, we were both led towards the King and the Queen. Mostly their focus was on Peter instead of me, which is quite good. I didn't want the attention. The King seemed really pleased when Peter gave him the box. He then commanded a guard to take both Peter and I to the Royal Library.

"Do you want to come?" Peter asked before we left for the Library. "You can stay and have fun. Try the food and dance."

"I always do, Peter," I smirked.

"Okay," he nodded.

So as the both of us followed the guard towards the Royal Library, Peter seemed silent as we got closer. It was like he was really nervous. I took his hand and gave him a small squeeze. That seemed to calm him down a little.

"Were you actually going to let me be on my own?" I asked him. "You know, after last time."

"I just don't think that you can get in any more trouble here than in a pub."

When we got into the Library, there were so many books inside that it just took my breath away. I had no idea how people could read that many books. I followed Peter's lead as he pulled me through the twists and turns of the Library. It was as if he's been here before.

"You know your way around," I commented.

"That traveler handed me the map of the Library and the title of the book. Don't you remember?"

"Guess I wasn't listening."

"Here we are." Peter let go of my hand and pointed at some book in the tall bookshelf. I watched as the book was taken away from its original place and landed right on Peter's hands. We didn't waste any time on admiring the book or anything else, Peter placed the book on the table and started to flip through the pages.

"It's called a Rhite, right?" I asked.

Peter nodded as he searched through the table of contents. It had information on different types of crystals and they were listed in alphabetical order. When Peter saw what chapter that contained information about the Rhite, he went to that page without wasting a second.

We both leaned in and read the information that it held. It was said that a Rhite was protected by a witch. To find the witch, they just have to say these weird words in the forest, but I had no idea what they meant. Peter soaked up every word that was on the page.

When he was done, he closed the book and placed it back where it belonged. He was silent for a while and it got me to worry. He suddenly turned around and he wore the biggest smile on his face.

"WE'VE FOUND IT!" He exclaimed.

His loud voice echoed through the empty halls. If I remember correctly, libraries are supposed to be quiet. But there was no one but the two of us inside. Peter was so happy that he engulfed me in a hug and swung me around. This happiness of his was so contagious that I laughed and celebrated along with him.

"We did it!" I laughed. "Congratulations."

"Thanks," he put me down. "Now, let's go back to the ball." He took my hand in his and started to walk, but I stopped him.

"Aren't we going to go find the crystal now?" I asked him.

"No. Because tonight is a night for celebration."

I didn't bother to say anything as he led me back to the ballroom. Peter pulled my hand and I saw that he was headed towards the people who were dancing.

"No no no Peter," I pulled him back. "I don't think I should dance."

"Liya didn't teach you?"

"She did, but there are a few girls who'd rather dance with you." I looked around and saw some of the girls eyeing Peter with lust in their eyes.

"But I don't want to dance with them. I want to dance with you, and since you know how, what's the problem?"

"I guess I'm just nervous," I admitted to him. I could see the playfulness in his eyes when he processed what I just said.

"You? A really good warrior, afraid to dance?" He laughed.

"Nervous," I corrected him, "not afraid."

"Come on you don't have to be. You just need the right partner," he pulled me closer to the other people who were dancing.

"Oh and that's you?" I teased.

"Who else?" He smirked.

In one swift motion, Peter twirled me and now I'm in his arms. His hand was on my waist and the other was still holding mine. He told me to follow his lead and that's what I did.

In a matter of time, both of us were just simply dancing around the room. It was really fun and we danced and danced as the music continued to play. Peter didn't do any tricks and I was glad that he didn't. We just waltzed and I was grateful that I didn't make a fool of myself. 

"This is nice," I commented.

Lights go down

"Yes it is," Peter agreed.

In the moment we're lost and found

"So, can you tell me what the crystal is for?" I asked him.

I just wanna be by your side

"I don't want to talk about the crystal for tonight," he waved it off. "I'm just glad that the search is almost over."

If these wings could fly

"Okay," I nodded.

It took me a moment to realize that we weren't dancing anymore. My hands were now around Peter's neck while both his hands were on my waist. But neither one of us let go of the other yet.

"You know we're not dancing anymore right?" I said.

"I know," Peter nodded, but he didn't keep his eyes off me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I- well I-" he stuttered. Seemed to be shocked at being caught. "Can I kiss you?"

I was shocked by the question. I thought my initial reaction was to push him away but I nodded.

Why did I nod?

The both of us were leaning in. I was suddenly led and controlled by my emotions. Was I really going to do this? I knew that I said that I was going to move on, but isn't this going too fast? But Newt's been gone for a few months already, but it still feels too soon.

Besides, Peter's my friend. What would happen if things didn't work out? What would happen if we- That was when I realized that I was overthinking. I should just kiss him. I mean I wanted to right? Did I really want to? I'm overthinking again.

When we were so close, there was a commotion that happened in the room that made us pull away. 

Damn these walls

"What happened?" I asked.

In the moment we're ten feet tall

"It seems like the girl that the prince has taken a liking to has run away," Peter replied. "And I think we need go now too."

Everyone's eyes were looking at the Prince and his guards trying to catch up to the girl in the blue dress. Taking advantage of the distraction, Peter took my hand and we suddenly disappeared. We were now back in Neverland and outside my tent. I was about to ask Peter why he did what he did, but his eyes were now cold and dark.

And how you told me after it all

"I have to rest if I'm going to search for that crystal tomorrow," he let go of my hand and was walking towards his treehouse.

We'd remember tonight

"Wait what?" He stopped. "I'm not coming with you?"

"I think it's best if I go through this one alone."

"Wait!" I held his shoulder. "If we weren't disturbed by that girl leaving the palace, what would've happened?"

"I don't know. Can we just...forget about that?" He asked.

Did I want to forget about it? To be honest, I don't know. I'm so confused but all I said was, "Sure." 

"Good." That was the last thing he said before he disappeared right in front of me.

For the rest of our lives

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 50.2K 65
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐Š๐’๐“๐„๐‘. | โEveryone will end up leaving you at one point or another. But it's the ones that come back that are the most important...
128K 4.5K 27
After Wendy Darling left Neverland and later died, Peter Pan was never the same. Heartbroken, he became dark and ruthless and replaced all his jolly...
102K 2.6K 22
Haley is a girl who tries hard to fit in. Its hard to fit in when don't have any friends and everyones afraid of you because your dads in prison. Hal...
29.3K 862 22
(SINGLE BOOK) "You have to be a lost boy to lead a lost boy. And you've got a camp full of them. So that tells me more about you," Celeste shot back...