A Piece Of My Life (Captain S...

Autorstwa diamondcrashers

"Smack". Hook looked at her, stunned, before again assuming his cocky smile. "What, love? Can't handle the tr... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors Note(Required please!!)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Part 1
Chapter 13 Part 2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29: Part 1
Chapter 29: Part 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 14

3.6K 145 158
Autorstwa diamondcrashers

Emma made it to her car and sobs wracked her body. She pounded the steering wheel just to hit something. Everyone she had ever loved always seemed to die. The thought reentered her mind, did she really love Hook? She went over the last few months in her mind and came up with a fuzzy conclusion. It seemed to be more likely than not.

Her sobs lessened and she wiped her eyes, she probably looked like a mess. Numbly, she drove to her parents’ house.

-)(-

The minute she opened the door to her parents’ house, all the heads turned to her. Her mother instantly jumped up and wrapped her arms around her and David got up and put the tea kettle on and then went and embraced both his daughter and wife. Henry sat on the couch and watched them all.

Her mother pulled back and wiped a few tears off her cheeks. "What happened? Is Hook okay?"

Emma shook her head and sniffled, "They said it might be tonight, he could barely even talk or lift his head."

"Oh Emma, I'm so sorry," she brushed a few strands of hair off her forehead.

Emma looked to Henry, "I'm sorry I had to leave, I didn't want to have to drop you off somewhere again." He looked at her for a moment before getting up and running over to hug her. Emma sighed, thankful for her son.

"I talked with grandpa and I don't mind sharing you with Hook I guess. I'll have to get used to it anyways," he muttered against her shoulder.

A few tears leaked down Emma's cheeks again, "I love you, kid."

"I love you too, mom," he said and pulled back. She ruffled his hair and then David handed her a cup of hot chocolate with cinnamon. They all went and sat in the living room together. Emma kept her phone close by, dreading having it ring.

They stayed with her late into the night, until Emma made Henry go to bed and then it was just her and her parents sitting in the living room.

-)(-

She jolted awake around four in the morning to her phone ringing. She had fallen asleep on her father's should, her mother was laying on her elbow on the other side of her. Fumbling around, she grabbed the phone and quickly hit the receive button.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Swan? It's Dr. Whale."

Emma got up from the couch and went into the living room, feeling her heart already dropping, "Please, no, tell me he's okay."

Whale cleared his throat, "He crashed 4 times in the last hour, but each time we were able to stabilize him again. You can stop holding your breath," he added, "I should have led with the fact that he's stable. His fever came down a little after the last time he crashed, the antibiotics kicked in so I think he's out of the woods. We moved him into a normal room just a few minutes ago and he's asking for you. Can you come down?"

Emma nodded before realizing he couldn't hear her, "I'll be right there." They hung up and Emma rubbed her eyes. She left a note for her parents in case they woke up and then ran out of the house.

-)(-

Monica saw her coming and met her halfway, "He's in room 437." She nodded and practically ran to the elevator.

She found the room easily and quickly opened the door to reveal the man she thought she'd never see again. He still looked awful, his face was pale, his hands shaky, and he had dark circles, but he was alive and partially awake.

His eyes opened to half-mast upon hearing the door open. "Emma.." He whispered and held out a hand for her to come closer. She practically ran to the bed and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm sorry..for scaring you," his breath was warm in her ear.

"Don't do it again," she told him sternly and she could tell he had a small smile on his lips for a moment. He was still feverish, but at least he was lucid. His head turned and he lightly kissed her temple, causing a shiver to run down her spine.

"As you wish mi' lady," he murmured.

Emma kicked her shoes off and crawled under the covers with him. "How's your chest feel?" She asked.

He huffed a laugh, "Like I was electrified." He glanced at her sideways and saw her yawn. "I'm sorry I woke you up, you can sleep here with me if you want," he sounded almost self-conscious at suggesting it.

"I planned on it," she whispered, already feeling her eyes drooping. "Wake me if you need anything." Her eyes finally closed and she drifted off.

KILLIAN

He felt her head relax on his shoulder and her breathing slowed. In that moment, he knew he was the luckiest man in the world despite feeling bloddy awful. He wanted to move and hold her to him, but he was too weak to even lift his head, it was humiliating. The drugs flowing through his body seemed to make him more emotional, hense the crying from earlier. Everything he did seemed to hurt Emma in some way, earlier he was sure he had broken her into a million pieces and that he was never going to see her again. He could barely recall her tears flowing down her face and thought that she even kissed him. When he couldn't speak, he wanted to tell her that he loved her, she needed to know that she was loved by him. It was so hard to get her to trust anyone, and it seemed like she was finally ready to let him in. It would happen when he was damaged, how could she even think to love a man who was not whole? He was broken and weak, not even half the man he used to be. Still, despite everything, he kissed the top of her head and wished she was his...his swan. She was just tired, her being in bed with him didn't mean anything.

Emma mumbled something in her sleep, but Hook couldn't understand it. He raised his hand just high enough so that he could run his shaky fingers through her blond hair. As he did it, she curled up closer to him and sighed in what sounded like content.

Hook groaned and decided to try to sleep to fend off the pain that was coming in waves.

-)(-

EMMA

Emma woke up to Ana taking Hook's vitals as he continued to sleep. She smiled down at her, "Night went okay?" She whispered.

Emma nodded, still curled up to Killian's side, "I don't know what I would've done if I had lost time."

Ana finished up her exam. "Does he know that?" Without waiting for a response, she went on, "You can see if he wants to go outside today. He'll have to be in a wheelchair, but some fresh air might do him good." Smiling once again, she left Emma to ponder what she had said.

She hoped that Hook knew what he meant to her, how could he not? It was almost painfully obvious.

Reaching up, she traced the lines of his defined jaw. He stirred a bit as she reached his chest and settled her hand there. A smile came to his lips and he opened his eyes a bit. "Morning," he said softly, adoration lit in his eyes.

"Morning, handsome," she whispered, "how do you feel?"

"Not as bad."

"You up for going outside today?" She asked, sitting up and brushed her fingers through her hair; she was sure she saw a look of disappointment in his eyes as she pulled away.

He looked at her unsurely, "If we do it soon, this," she thought he meant how he was feeling, "might not last long."

Emma nodded in understanding and then looked at his bald head and remembered something. "Wanna trust me again?" She said cautiously.

"I've always trusted you, Swan." The moment became more intimate so Emma laughed a bit to break up the tension.

"Alright, just close your eyes," she instructed and closed her own. "Crescere capillos," she whispered and raised her hand over his head.

Upon opening her eyes, she watched his dark hair grow back to like it was before the surgery.

Killian opened his eyes and slowly raised a hand to feel his head. His look of amazement caused Emma to smile and kiss his cheek. "It's not like I didn't like the bald head, but I did kind of miss the scruff from when they shaved it to match your head." She looked at the clock, it read 10:30 a.m. "I'm going to go tell Ana that we can go."

"Swan," he caught her just before she left the room, "thank you."

She smiled and nodded, then left to find Ana.

-)(-

Ana came back with her rolling the wheelchair. As she entered the room, Hook's face turned red and he turned his gaze to the wall. "Maybe this isn't a good idea," he whispered.

Ana shared a knowing look with Emma and went closer to the bed. "You're going. You need the fresh air even though you're not strong enough to walk. Let go of some of that pride, pirate."

He looked at her with wide eyes, obviously he hadn't expected that reaction. Looking over to Emma for a moment, he nodded. Ana set to work, slinging his arm around her should and then using all of her strength to get him in the chair. If let go, Hook would most likely collapse on the floor.

Ana got him in the chair and then smiled at Emma, "Just go down to the first level and out the door labeled garden. It's a little chilly." Then she put the IV bag and feeding bag on a pole attached to it and then she left them alone after that.

Emma picked up a blanket off the bed and put it on Killian's lap. He looked like he was going to object, but was cut off by a look from Emma. Silently, she pushed the wheelchair to the elevator and then out the side door of the hospital to reveal a nice patio with a few benches and flower boxes. She pulled him to the side of one of the benches and Emma sat on the end next to him. The air was cool, but the sun was warm. 

She sighed in content, "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, Swan," his tone was curt, causing her to look at him.

"Don't start that."

He turned his head, but didn't look at her, "I'm not starting anything."

Emma rolled her eyes, "You can't even look at me." 

He groaned, "Can't you just leave it alone."

She sat up straighter, "Can't you just tell me what's wrong?" Her voice was starting to get a little louder. 

"No. I can't. Because I'm sick, and I'm tired, and I can't do anything for myself, and I'm broken. I'm broken, Emma! I'm broken and I can't tell you what's wrong because you're just going to give me that look of pity and tell me everything's

going to be alright, but it's not! It's not alright, Emma!" His breath caught in his throat and he sounded like he was choking, but it calmed quickly.

She sighed in defeat and let her head drop into her palms as Hook panted from the yelling. "Alright," she started, her voice sounded calm despite her fluttering heart, "let's just..let's just sit." 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

941 8 13
Ariel wanted only on thing: to be a part of the human world. This wish is granted, under one condition...she has to fall in love in three days. On he...
85 2 13
"hey, Evelyn, you've fallen asleep at your computer." She nudges herself up, and looks at me confused. "I'm sorry I didn't mean t-" "Calm down Evel...
21.3K 603 20
When Captain Killian "Hook" Jones is sent by Cora to fetch her daughter, Regina, he complies, that is until he realizes how much him and this mysteri...
4K 162 30
She was cheated on by her boyfriend and her sister. So she went out to a bar to get her mind of it. That's when she meet him and it all changed. "Ca...