Can't I Touch Your Heart?

By Ryusensei2000

"Not so long ago, I was alone and lost and then you came along and I was home. thank you for finding me After... More

P R O L O G U E
ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕦𝕕𝕖
Chapter 2 She's The Storm In April
Chapter 3 Friends And Family
Chapter 4 The Color Of Love
Chapter 5 An Irreversible Mistake
Chapter 6 Deception
Chapter 7 This Is Just A Dream
Chapter 8 My Happy Place
Chapter 9 It's Always You
Chapter 10 You Are Unreal
Chapter 11 Uninvited Neighbourhood
Chapter 12 If I Could Pick It Up Again
Chapter 13 List Of Love
Chapter 14 So You Remember?
Chapter 15 One Mustn't Flirt
Chapter 16 For You Returned
Chapter 17 Watermelon Mist
Chapter 18 Spring Is In Our Hearts
Chapter 19 It's Raining Goldmohurs
Chapter 20 The Fight We Fight
Chapter 21 Chats Begun
Chapter 22 Falling From The Sky
Chapter 23 Fond Of Him
Chapter 24 I Hate Myself
Chapter 25 Our Friendship is Falling Apart
Chapter 26 What is Worse?
Chapter 27 I Feel the Colour Again
Chapter 28 Don't Stop Ever Again
Chapter 29 Are You Dying?
Chapter 30 Feeling The Feels
Chapter 31 I Shouldn't Have Let You Go
Chapter 32 Far Blue Eyes
Chapter 33 She With No Trust
Chapter 34 Slipped Away To Talent
Chapter 35 The Recovery
Chapter 36 British Sarcasm
Chapter 37 Everything With You
Chapter 38 The Fading Away Of Limbs
Chapter 39 Society Decides Our Happiness
Chapter 40 Make Them Kiss
📍 Useless Character Facts 📍
Chapter 41 The Last Escape
Chapter 42 What Draws Us Away
Chapter 43 Should You Depend On Me?
Chapter 44 Disappearing For A Bit
Chapter 45 The Garnish To Happiness
Chapter 46 Forget Him
Chapter 47 The Treatment
Chapter 48 Has The Love Died?
Chapter 49 Should I Or Shouldn't I?
Chapter 50 I Will Choose You
Chapter 51 Whether They Want To
Chapter 52 Choose What You Wish
Chapter 53 It Has Started
Chapter 54 I Don't Let People In
Chapter 55 The Difference We Hold
Chapter 56 Into Your Arms
Chapter 57 He Might Die
Chapter 58 Rebuilding Ourselves
Chapter 59 Getting Your Act Together
Chapter 60 I'm Coming Unravelled
Chapter 61 What We Have Is Timeless
Chapter 62 Just Went Worse
Chapter 63 The Greedy Sacrifice
Chapter 64 I Don't Want to Remember
Chapter 65 An Arrogant Maniac
Chapter 66 Inside Me There's Nothing
Chapter 67 We Start The Diagnosis
Chapter 68 Sacred And Sincerely
Chapter 69 Let Me Not Lose You
Chapter 70 The True Win
Chapter 71 The Leaves Are Falling
Chapter 72 The Promise
Chapter 73 Goodbye
Chapter 74 Till The End, You Stayed
Chapter 75 Falsely True
EPILOGUE
Can't I Touch Your Heart? Extras
𝕬𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖍𝖊𝖆
𝕰𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗
𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕸𝖆𝖕𝖑𝖊
E X T R A America VS Britain
Poetry I 361 Days
Poetry II Arorhea's Reply
ℙ𝕠𝕤𝕥𝕝𝕦𝕕𝕖
𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝙸 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝?
C R E D I T S

Chapter 1 Maybe It's Cherry Blossoms

85.4K 1.4K 1.3K
By Ryusensei2000

"This story is not about me, this is a story about a sunflower soul, with rock and roll eyes, curious thoughts, a skinny dipping smile, vintage hearts, pretty lies, messy hair and forgotten goodbyes.

We met when we were four and I left when we turned five, but that one year, I went through so much that I felt as if that was the happiest time and the saddest memory of my life. She gave color to my winds of love and all I gave her were knives. My blue eyes held darkness, her brown eyes held light. And before I know it, ten years have gone by.

I remember her face, I remember her eyes.
Eyes so rich and brown, you could grow roots in them. Like whiskey and grace, like getting drunk on Sundays, like coffee in cold winter mornings, like serene pools of honey, like the colour of embers or ambers people desperately try to pull out of the ground. Brown eyes under sunlight scream serene, and shine brighter than any cities I've seen. But, in the end, brown eyes are just brown eyes...

Until you love someone with brown eyes.

So take away my days and nights,
but please leave me forever,
with those chocolate brown eyes,"

Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door and turned away from his window. He looked at her with a guitar prick in his hand. He was sitting on the window with his guitar on his lap. This is fifteen year old, Ember Helberg. He is well...kind of important for the story. Kind of.

"I'm sorry I left when you needed me the most. You're the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. You got roses to my barren land and I left them there with you to die. Now, all I can do is look down on myself. And I hate what I see. You still have me and I hate it. I don't hate you but I hate how you still make me feel. I hate how I still cannot unlove you. And I hate how you hold my heart while I... 

I can't even touch it,
I can't touch your heart."

. . .

It was a summer morning. Like always, people were shouting and running for their school. As the sunlight penetrated through the room's window, it lit up all the books kept inside the room on the shelves and the table.

"AHAHAHAHA!" A girl with brown curls sat in her bed while reading a comic book laughing as if she had inhaled something wrong. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a punch landed on her head and she groaned.

"ARORHEA! STOP READING COMICS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! AND WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU READY YET?!" Meet Arorhea's mother, Mrs Laghari, a feminist housekeeper and the most important person in the house.

"Sorry ma (Tn// mom). I'll just go get ready" Arorhea said in Hindi.
"You better! I'm going to wake up Noor, meanwhile you quickly take a bath" She said and left the room.
"Okay ma..." Arorhea said. Then a smile covered her face and she said to herself "Huh! Looks like she's gone,"

She opened the comic book again and started laughing hysterically. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a stronger punch landed on her head and she turned back.
"MA! I thought you want to wake up Noor!?" Arorhea asked.
"I came back because I know you don't listen at once," Mrs. Laghari said as she pressed her knuckles, "NOW GIVE THAT COMIC TO ME!" She grabbed the book but Arorhea pulled back.

"NO! YOU CAN TAKE MY LIFE BUT NOT THIS! IT'S NASON'S LIMITED EDITION ONCE IN AN YEAR SALE ANIME COLLABORATION COMIC-"
"GIVE IT HERE!" Mrs. Laghari snatched the comic and threw it outside the window.

The pages of the comic opened, and all the cards and posters flew away into the sky.

Arorhea threw a tantrum. She rolled on her bed and started kicking her feet in the air. After all, he had lost a very precious book which belonged to the one and only-Nason limited- the most successful animation company in the west. Ever since the American animations company- 'Nason' launched into the market, it has turned the anime world to a complete 180.

With new ideas in every anime of theirs, it has managed to earn millions of fans within ten years and made an exponential sum of money becoming one of the main boosters of America's economy. Arorhea is one of those fans who are just crazy about Nason. She would spend an entire day in the library just to read 'Nason' comics. It's her dream to join Nason as a graphic designer and work with the world's bestselling manga writers and anime designers. But her parents have other plans in mind for her.

"GO GET READY NOW!"

It was March, the final exam for tenth grade and after that she'd be in eleventh grade. Her parents always wanted her to take science, but she took humanities because she neither had the will nor the energy to study biology, physics or chemistry. Her father had been cross with her due to this decision of hers, and she was aware, but she didn't let it show. 

With trees around in full bloom, this is only one season of India, when the conditions are not extreme. The little white flowers from the Neem trees spread across the morning street. Otherwise, it's super hot during summers, super humid during monsoon and super cold during winters.

In the afternoon, she came back. Finally, she could relax, no more exam for a while. She prepared some instant noodles when her brother barged inside the house,

"I'm back sis and now I'm going to play, see you" He shouted as he threw his bag aside.
"Wait!" Arorhea said "Where is your uniform?"
"Ah! yes, I changed in the school"
"Why?"

"Today, I have an important cricket match with my friends. I couldn't waste my precious time on stupid stuff like changing clothes"
"These are not your clothes, right?"
"Well, I borrowed them from a friend"
"Really? Are you sure borrowed them?"
"Yes " He averted his eyes and wiped the blood from his lips.

Meet Noor, Arorhea's little brother. He is currently thirteen, a violent teen rebel at his school. He is the leader of a cycle gang at his school. A group of those guys who are ready to fight with just anyone! His parents don't mind him being violent, that is how boys are supposed to be. 

"I hope it is true that you have borrowed it and not snatched it from someone" Arorhea narrowed her brown eyes at Noor. He had the same eyes as hers.
"Mind your own business," Noor threw his bag aside.
"Get lost," She sat in front of the TV.

After that, Arorhea spent her time watching television and thinking about her life in her new school. She just hoped her dad won't be cross with her for too long. She did let them down. She couldn't become a doctor. She began questioning her decision, was she not a good daughter?

In the evening, Noor entered the house with a bat in his hand "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOOR!" Mrs Laghari shouted and hugged him.
"Oof, thanks mom," He said.
"Oh yeah, happy birthday idiot, go and get dressed quickly" Arorhea said while tying her hair.

"Huh? Oh! We're going out?" Noor asked "Yeah, the sweet shop beside the mall. We're gonna buy some sweets from there" Arorhea replied. Mr. Laghari drove them to the sweet shop near the bridge and Noor excitedly got down from the car.

"Yay! I'm fourteen now and I want some gulabjamuns, dad" Noor squealed.
"Yeah sure, hey Arorhea! We're gonna go ahead to buy the sweets, your mom has gone to buy the cake so stay here, okay?" Mr Laghari said. He seemed to be in a better mood. She felt relieved.

"Yeah dad" Rhea said. She stood still near the table waiting for her brother and parents to return, when her gaze went to a customer on another table. It was a boy of about her age. He had blonde hair, shining through the crowd of black and brown hair. Everyone was staring at him, but he was staring at her with his blue eyes. He wore a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

'Oh wow, he looks gorgeous' Arorhea looked into his eyes. They stared at each other. Finally, he smiled at Arorhea. Her cheeks went red and she looked down. He giggled and looked down. He tore a page from a pocket diary, scribbled something and while leaving the shop he left it on Arorhea's table. She hesitated while opening the note, but as she opened it, she found a number written inside it. She quickly looked at the boy and he winked at her and left the store.

'Wait a second-DID HE JUST HIT ON ME?! SERIOUSLY!' 
She decided to take care of him, silently. She dashed outside the sweet shop and found the boy sitting on a bench, in front of the shop. Then, she walked to him, he looked up at her, smiled and got up.

"Hey. How are you?" He asked with a smile. Arorhea tore the note and blew it on his face, then she said "Don't try to win me by such stupid tricks, I don't come that cheap, pretty boy!"

Then, she turned and went back inside the sweet shop and took a deep breath "What the hell just happened? OMG! I can't believe I said that! I'm so proud of you Arorhea Laghari" She said to herself.

Meanwhile, the boy still standing in front of the shop, picked up the pieces of paper and whispered to himself, "You've not changed at all, have you, Rhea?"

And it begins again.

-To be continued

Ember Helberg 
Can't I Touch Your Heart?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 329 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
17K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
16.3K 1K 42
This is first book in never series. Description :- Amelia : The first day I saw him, I fell for him. Big mistake. I started approaching him and for...
643 41 10
The story centres on a person with a broken heart. Despite having everything, love and friends have never been a part of her life. On the other hand...