Flashpoint (Season 2) #Wattys...

By Angela_Tillson

(Book 2) Alexandria Parker, also known as Alex is the daughter of Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU. The Strat... More

Chapter 1: Eagle Two
Chapter 2: Backwards Day
Chapter 3: Between Heartbeats
Chapter 4: Business as Usual
Chapter 5: Clean Hands
Chapter 6: The Perfect Family
Chapter 7: The Perfect Storm
Chapter 8: One Wrong Move
Chapter 9: Never Let You Down
Chapter 10: Custody
*Authors Note*
Chapter 11: The Farm
Chapter 13: Behind The Blue Line

Chapter 12: You Think You Know Someone

934 16 3
By Angela_Tillson

"Alex I want to talk to you before I head out" Greg calls as he pours himself some coffee in the kitchen and  hears Alex's footsteps along the floor as she walks out of her room. "Whats up?" she asks sitting down at the island and smiling towards her dad as he turns around and leans against the counter. 

Greg didn't know how to start this conversation so he just decided to ask a simple question. "Are you happy?" he asks, and Alex looks up at him confused. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" she then questions with a smile and he shrugs his shoulders before he takes a deep breath and looks towards the cup in his hands. "Alex" he begins. "Tell me about you and Spike" he then says and Alex's smile quickly disappears. "What do you mean?" she quickly asks. "Alex. Please" he begs and Alex looks down at her hands as she plays with her fingers. She holds her breath and deeply sighs as she looks back up at her father. "I love him, Dad" she whispers, and Greg slowly nods his head. He then walks around the island, "I know" he says as he sits down next to her as Alex quickly looks towards him shocked. "You know?" she questions confused. "You're my daughter Alex. How couldn't I know?" he snickers as he takes another sip of his coffee and Alex looks back down at her hands causing Greg to place his cup on the island and take her hands in his.

"I see how happy you are. I see your eyes light up when Spike walks into the briefing room. Alex, I've known for a while" he says showing a small smile. "And now what? It's against the rules, dad. But I can't loose him" she protests. "I never said you had to" Greg advises, causing Alex to look at him confused once again. "What are you saying?" Alex then asks, feeling butterflies in her stomach. "I'm saying that if your happy, I'm not going to stop you. Neither will Ed. We've known about you two and we have seen how happy you both have been. But, the moment he hurts you-" Greg begins to explain but Alex cuts him off by throwing her arms around him and laughing. "I love you, dad," she says. "I love you too" he whispers as he closes his eyes and places his hand on the back of her head. 

Alex then releases her grip, and Greg grabs his coffee cup as he stand up and walks back around the island. "So, I will meet you at the station. I just have a quick stop to make" Greg smiles as he places his cup in the sink, before grabbing his keys off the hook. "Copy that" Alex smiles as she watches Greg open the door, and her eyes then go wide as she spots Spike about to knock. "Oh, yeah. I called Spike. Thought you would like a ride into work today" Greg smiles looking back at Alex and then turning around giving Spike a pat on the back before leaving.

Spike walks in and closes the front door, and then turns back to see Alex. "They knew" he smiles. "They knew" Alex nods as she runs towards him and places a soft kiss on his lips. They were finally free to be themselves.

***

Greg drives quickly through the city as he listens to the radio. "Traffic and weather on the tens.
Gardner heavy both ways, with two right lanes blocked eastbound at Jameson. Emergency crews are on the scene
" the anchorman says when suddenly his phone goes off and he picks it up to check the text.

HELP

ALLEY BTWN

SHUTER & VIC

-HALEY

Greg checks the time on his wrist as the anchorman keeps talking on the radio. "You can use Lakeshore as an alternative. Parkway is running trouble-free. The four o'one express and collectors not too bad. Some slowdowns near the four hundred. Weather forecast: grey skies today; humid, expect showers and maybe a thunderstorm" he says as Greg sighs, and places his phone back down in the cup holder.

***

"This the softest area, right there" Wordy says pointing at blueprints as Team One sits around the briefing room table talking about tactics. "He's right" Leah informs. "Please!" Spike snickers as he walks towards the blueprints. "We start here, we're way better covered" he explains pointing to a spot, and Sam laughs. "Give it up, Patton" Sam says. "He's still right" Leah advises shrugging her shoulders. "You know what? You got a thing for Wordy, okay? No...no, that's what that is" Spike smiles pointing at Leah and everyone laughs.

Leah looks over at Alex and smiles. "What do you think, Sarge?" she questions and Alex stands up walking towards the blueprints. She then smiles and looks at Spike. "Wordy's right" she says quietly and everyone laughs as Spikes' mouth drops open shocked but he quickly closing it and smiles, shaking his head. "Your girlfriend doesn't even agree with you" Sam shouts as Eddie walks into the room.

"Ed! Best entry point today, best POE?" Spike asks pointing up at the Blueprints and Eddie stops walking and looks up at them. "First one, obviously" he answers. "You got a thing for Wordy, too" Spike then points as he walks towards Alex and wraps his arms around her waist, giving her a hug from behind. "Who doesn't? But, the first one's still the right POE" he explains, as Wordy and Leah take a seat. 

"Okay, guys, go day on this warrant" Eddie advises looking up at Alex, as Spike lets go of her, letting her walk towards the front with Eddie.   "To recap: El Coleros' President Tony Pranso, he's wanted for racketeering, attempted murder, the list goes on. We go in tonight" Alex explains as she looks at everyone and they all give her a slight nod as the phone goes off in her pocket. She reaches down taking her phone out of her pocket. "Close quarters battle house drill in thirty minutes," she says and turns and walks away placing the phone up to her ear.

"Hey dad" she smiles. "Hey, Alex. Um, something came up, I'm gonna be a little late," Greg says and a worried expression appears on her face as she looks back at the team laughing and talking about the blueprints. "Anything serious?" Alex questions. "Nah, just some personal stuff. Be about an hour" Greg advises. "Anything I can do?" Alex asks trying to think about what her dad could be doing. "Nah, it's fine. I'm fine, Alex. I'll see you in an hour, okay?" Greg then questions. "Okay" Alex sighs. "Alright. Love you" he says. "Love you too" Alex smiles and then hangs up the phone, placing it back in her pocket.

"Guys, change of plan" Alex says walking back into the briefing room. "We'll do the drill in an hour and thirty" she announces as she feels a worried feeling take over her body. "Alright! free time" Spike cheers as he begins to walk out of the room. "Not likely. Outside, fifteen minutes. Full gear. Let's go. We're doing sprints!" Alex smiles as she walks out of the room hearing then all sigh as she passes them laughing with Eddie.

***

Greg pulls into an alley, and gets out of his car panicked as he walks around to see a man with a white hat and blue flannel walking towards him. "Hey! you looking' to score?" the man asks. "No, I'm looking for a friend" Greg admits as he looks around frantically. "Maybe I can help. I know everybody around here" the man quickly says and Greg looks towards him. "No. But thanks" Greg answers and looks down at his phone and leans against his car. "You sure I can't-" the man begins to say, but then suddenly leans over in pain holding his hand over his heart.

"Oh god," he says and Greg looks towards him quickly.  "You alright?" Greg questions and the man nods his head. "Oh yeah...I'm fine" the man says but then slowly leans his back against the truck of Greg's car as his body begins to seize.

Greg moves towards the guy placing a hand over his chest. "You're alright. It's okay" Greg says calmly. "I'm gonna call 911. I'm gonna get you help" he continues as he places his phone up to his ear. "911, what's your emergency?" a woman asks on the other end. "My name is Sergeant Greg Parker. I'm with the SRU. There's a possible overdose in an alley at Shuter and Victoria" Greg explains as a back van pulls up behind him and he hears the door open, causing him to turn around and look towards it. He then feels a pair of hands against his back before the force pushes him straight into the van. The door quickly closes and everything goes dark.

***

Alex walks back inside the building, looking down at a file of papers and then checking her phone for the time. It has been longer than an hour and she was starting to get worried. "Alex" Winnie's voice calls causing Alex to look up and towards her desk as the rest of the team come walking in from outside. "I think you guys should hear this" she explains and Alex looks at her confused before the team gather around her desk.

"My name is Sergeant Greg Parker. I'm with the SRU. There's a possible overdose in an alley at Shuter and Victoria"Greg's voice says on speaker phone, and then the sound of a car door opening and the phone dropping to the ground could be heard. "Sir? Sir, are you still there?" the operator's voice asks and Alex could feel her heart sink. "Maybe the boss just dropped his phone," Sam says. "He wouldn't drop his phone," Alex says quietly looking down at Winnie's desk shocked. "Then why didn't he pick it up again?" Spike then asks looking over at Sam. 

"Any answer?" Leah's voice asks as she looks over at Eddie who was holding the phone up to his ear. "No, No. Went straight to voicemail" Eddie says and Alex closes her eyes. "Shuter and Victoria. It's a sketchy area" Wordy admits. "Boss can take care of himself" Sam then says. "But why is he there?" Jules then asks confused and Alex feels a hand appear on her back. "Did he tell you what he was up to?" Spike's voice then questions making Alex open her eyes, take a deep breath, and turn around to face the team. "Let's go for a drive," she simply says before walking past the team towards the garage.

"Alex!" Eddie shouts, causing her to stop before getting into her SUV to turn and look at him. "Are you okay? Or do I need to call it for you to sit out this round?" he asks and Alex's eyes go wide. "I'm fine. Plus, right now I am in charge Eddie. Even if you wanted to call it, I would not back down until I know my dad is safe" Alex says sharply and then gets into the driver's seat as Jules jumps into the passenger seat, and Wordy hops in the back.

Eddie closes her door and sighs as he walks towards the door on the SUV in front of hers. He opens it up to see Sam sitting in the passenger seat and Spike climbing into the back. "She okay?" Spike asks curiously and Eddie shakes his head. "No, but I can't stop her from wanting to make sure her dad is okay" Eddie says as places his headset on his head before starting the car and driving out of the garage followed by Alex.

***

Greg walks into a large warehouse with his hands tightly zip tied in front of him, followed by two young men. "You're making a mistake" Greg calmly advises watching one of the men walk in front of him. He had glasses on and was wearing a light brown beanie. "Lock the door" he demands looking back at his partner as he swings his gun around. "I don't know you" Greg then says and feels a sudden pain come to the back of his head. "Shut up!" The other man says as he slaps Greg and walks beside him. "Come on, let's go" the man with the beanie demands as he looks at Greg and points his gun up at him.

Greg feels his body getting pushed by the other man as they all head towards the stairs. Greg begins to walk in front of them, hearing them both follow close behind him as he looks around and notices propane tanks everywhere. "If this is about your business, what you do here...I don't know anything about it" Greg admits as he continues to walk slowly. "It's about the money, genius," one of the men say. "Money?" Greg questions confused. "That's right. You play stupid, and then maybe we can beat some smarts into you. Isn't that right?" the same voice snickers. "Yeah. Absolutely right" the same guy says answering himself.

***

Alex quickly turns into the Alley parking in front of her dad's car as she notices the people run away as she jumps out of the car and slams her door. "Wordy, grab those two, see if they saw anything" Alex quickly demands as she points behind her car at two people watching with curiosity before she walks towards her dad's car.

"No blood, no sign of a struggle" Spike advises looking up at Alex. "Doesn't mean there wasn't one" Alex sighs as she turns around to look at the Alley. She then feels a pair of hands get placed on her shoulders and gently turn her around. "Alex" Spike whispers worriedly. "We'll find him, I promise" he then says showing her a small smile. "I know, I just - I knew something was off when he called to tell me he would be late. He's never late, Spike" Alex says as she held in a few tears trying to escape. "I know" he whispers pulling her in and placing his hand on the back of her head.

"Car's unlocked," Jules says and Alex and Spike let go of each other and look towards the car as Eddie walks towards it quickly. "What, in this neighbourhood? Pop that trunk!" Eddie then demands and Alex runs towards it quickly. "Alex!" Spike then warns, worried about what she might see. Jules pops the trunk and Alex releases the breath she didn't know she was holding in. Nothing. "You got the master?" Jules questions looking up at Ed. "I got it" he nods.

Alex then reaches over unlocking the safe with her key to see his gun still inside it. "Gun's still in there. He wasn't expecting trouble. Anybody seen his cell?" Alex calls looking around as she closes the trunk. "No," Jules and Sam say in unison. "Can we locate it?" Alex asks turning to look at Spike. "Can if it's on" he says. "Let's do it" Alex advises and Spike quickly runs back to the SUV jumping into the passenger seat as Alex jumps in the driver's seat locking her father's car with the spare keys she carried. "We got this" Spike advises pulling out the laptop. "I hope so" Alex whispers as she leans her head back against the seat.

***

Greg stands right next to the stairs watching as the men pace back and forth. "I gotta go make a call. If he tries anything, you know what to do" the man in the beanie says as he hands the other man the gun from his hands. He then heads up the stairs and looks down. "No mistakes, Tyler," the man with the beanie says pointing down at him. "Don't worry about me. I got it all together" Tyler smirks as a door slams upstairs echoing through the whole warehouse.

Greg looks towards Tyler slightly and notices the gun shaking in his hands. "First time with a gun, son?" Greg questions but Tyler just stares at him. "A lot easier to hold steady with two hands" Greg then states and Tyler rolls his eyes. "I've shot plenty of guns" he argues quietly. "Okay, but do you mind just pointing it off a little to left?" Greg asks, not wanting any mistakes to happen. "Sure...You think I'm stupid?" Tyler snaps with a little snicker. "No, sir, I think you're smart. You know how easy it is for a gun to go off by mistake. Your finger twitches and the gun goes off. What would your buddy do if you made a mistake like that?" Greg then asks and Tyler looks at him shocked and then slowly moves the gun over to the left. "Thank you, son" Greg whispers relieved.

***

"Here, just to the right. Moving slowly, probably on foot" Spike says as Alex drives through the city followed by the other SUV. "You've gotta be kidding me" Alex mumbles as she pulls into another alley to see an old woman pushing a shopping cart full of junk. She stops the car and jumps out walking quickly towards the woman. "Where's the cell phone?" Alex then questions sounding a little annoyed as Eddie and the rest of the team come up behind her. "I look like I got a phone?" the elderly woman asks and Alex snickers. "Don't play games with me. Got a name?" Alex then questions as she pulls out her phone and dials her father's number, as the woman looks up at her not even noticing. "Everyone's got a name. It's Glynnis" she answers and suddenly a phone begins to ring in her cart.

Glynnis looks down at her cart shocked as Spike picks up the cell phone that was ringing and Alex nods her head. "Well, Glynnis. Where'd you get this?" Spike questions. "Not mine. Never saw it before" Glynnis answers as Spike hands the phone over to Alex for her to check. "Did you pick it up on the street?" Spike asks curiously. "Did you see who dropped it?" Eddie asks. "He doesn't need it anymore" Glynnis explains. "Why's that?" Alex asks as she looks through her father's phone. "Cause he's dead" Glynnis answers as Alex feels her stomach drop and she slowly looks up at the elderly woman in front of her as everyone else looks towards Alex. 

"What?" Alex whispers feeling the whole team watch her cautiously. "What did you say?" Alex then asks in a louder tone as she takes a step towards the woman but quickly feels two hands wrap around her arms and hold her back as Eddie steps in front of her. "Alex" Spike whispers calmly and she quickly looks down towards the ground breathing heavily feeling the tears escape her eyes and roll down her cheek. 

"Someone hit him," Glynnis says slowly looking towards Alex over Eddie's shoulder. "Did you see who hit him?" Eddie asks causing Glynnis to look back at him. "No. But I saw the Snakeman push him. I saw that" Glynnis admits and Eddie looks back at Alex to see her tear-stained cheeks and red eyes looking at him with fear. "What's snakeman, Glynnis?" Eddie questions looking back down at her. "Snake around his neck. You know!" she explains. "Where'd they go?" Eddie asks quickly. "Away. In a van" she answers and Eddie nods his head looking back at Jules as she wrote everything down. "Okay. A van. Good. What colour?" Eddie questions quickly. "Black. Nice ride" Glynnis smiles. "Okay. Thanks, Glynnis" Eddie says turning around and walking towards Sam and Spike. He nods his head motioning for them to let go of Alex. They both do and walk back towards the SUVs as Eddie places his hand on Alex's cheek.

"You okay?" he asks quietly and she looks up at him with a small smile. "Yeah. I just need to find him, Eddie" she explains, her voice cracking in the end. "I know. We all do. Now, show us that badass side of you and let's go find this Snakeman" Eddie laughs and Alex looks at him with a snicker and nods her head turning around to walk back towards her SUV.

When she does she spots Spike standing at the passenger door and she holds out her hand and he takes it in his, giving it a slight squeeze before smiling and letting go, letting her walk around to the driver's seat.

***

"Come on, man, let's do this" Tyler wines bored, looking behind his shoulder as he continues to hold the gun up towards Greg. "We're waiting for somebody," the man with the beanie says as he walks back down the stairs. "What? This isn't a party, man!" Tyler snaps and Greg looks over towards them. "Okay. Just so we're clear. You two have kidnapped, assaulted, and are now unlawfully detaining a Police Officer" Greg explains and the man in the beanie quickly points a finger at him. "Shut up!" he hisses. "You're a cop? This guy's a cop?" Tyler asks panicked as he lowers the gun and looks towards his friend.  

"Yeah, just...it doesn't matter who he is, okay?" the man advises. "You said that he owed you money!" Tyler argues and Greg uses it to his advantage. "He lied to you, Tyler? All the risks you're taking, and he lied to you?" Greg questions as Tyler quickly points the gun back up towards him and walks closer. "Tyler, do I take good care of you?" the man asks looking towards him. "Yeah, but-" Tyler goes to say but he is quickly cut off. "Than just trust me. Do what I say, and everything will be okay" the man yells as they begin to walk up the stairs with Greg. 

"You think that, Tyler? You think kidnapping a cop is okay?" Greg questions. "Shut Up!" the man with the beanie yells again time turning around from in front of Greg. When he does, Greg kicks him away and into Tyler but the man quickly stands back up and runs towards Greg, taking him over the railing of the stairs and they both land on the floor with a thud.

The man gets off of Greg and notices that he's not moving and there is a pool of blood forming around his head. "You killed him!" Tyler gasps shocked as the man checks his pulse. "No, I didn't...Not yet" the man grunts.

***

"Where's Kevin?" a young female voice ask as Tyler opens the main door to the warhorse after listening to slam her first on the large metal doors for what seemed like forever. "What the hell are you doing here?" Tyler asks as he looks down at the small figure of the young woman with long brown hair. "Kevin called me, where is he?" she asks a little annoyed as Tyler opens the door enough for her to walk in. She looks around as he locks the door behind her and then she turns back to look towards him.

"What the hell is going on, Tyler?" she then asks as he walks past her and towards the stairs. "Come on" he states and she slowly and hesitantly follows. "You and Kev hanging again?" she asks curiously. "Yeah, we're tight. What do you want from me?" Tyler answers annoyed and the woman snickers. "From you, Tyler? Believe me, nothing" she says as they walk up the stairs.

They walk down the hall and Tyler turns to look at her. "I see you guys are hookin' up again?" he states and she rolls her eyes. "What business is it of yours?" she hisses and then Tyler opens a door and she feels her heart break into a million pieces as she looks down at a familiar face, unconscious, laying on the floor. Blood was covering his blue dress shirt as his hands laid in front of him tied tightly with zip ties. 

"Oh my god. Greg" she gasps as she runs towards him.

***

Team One stand around in the alley as they go through everything trying to figure something out. "'bout an hour ago, boss got this" Spike advises holding Gregs phone up for Eddie and Alex to read.

HELP

ALLEY BTWN

SHUTER & VIC

-HALEY

"Help. Haley" Eddie says and Alex closes her eyes as the name sparks her memory but nothing comes up. She knew that name sounded familiar, but why? 

"You know her?" Sam asks looking down at Alex as she opens her eyes back up and shakes her head. "Could be a friend? Another Cop?" Wordy lists. "A girlfriend?" Leah then asks and Alex looks over at her quickly with a smile. "No way!" Alex laughs but then looks back at Eddie. "I have no idea, who she is" she then says. "Spike, are there any other calls or messages from this Haley?" Jules then asks "Nothing" Spike answers. "Okay, we need to check phone records, texts, check anywhere this woman got a hold of him" Eddie demands and looks over at Spike. "Most of that takes time" Spike advises and then Alex places a hand on his arm. "Emails? Can you get into those?" she asks curiously. "Okay, I can do that, but I have to access it remotely. He's only got like, a week's worth on his PDA" Spike informs as he looks down at Alex. "Do it" she then says and he nods and runs off.

"Alright, it's been thirty minutes since the 911 call. They got a big head start on us. We got a lot of ground to cover" Alex announces as she begins to walk towards the SUVs. "Wordy, get on the horn; every cop, I don't care if they're a meter maid, behind the desk, on vacation, everybody on the street looking for the boss, now!" Eddie yells and then hops into his SUV.

***

"You know this guy?" Tyler asks confused. "Go get Kevin" she snaps turning back around to face him. "I have to watch the cop" he then argues back. "Now!" she says through gritted teeth and his eyes go wide, shocked at how angry she was. "Fine. You watch him" he mumbles as he closes the door and walks away.

Once the door closes she looks back towards Greg to see him moving his hands slowly. "Greg?Greg, look at me. Are you okay?" She asks as he looks up into her eyes and lays his head back on the floor. "Haley, you have to get outta here....You have to get outta here. Get out! What're you doing here?" He asks panicked as he then goes to sit up, and feels a pair of hands on his arms to help him. "What're you doing here?" she asks with tears falling from her eyes. "I got a message from you, saying that you were in trouble" Greg explains as he felt the throbbing in his head continue. "I never sent anything" she protests shaking her head afraid and Greg closes his eyes feeling the cold wall against the side of his head. "Okay," he whispers.

He then feels her hands grip onto his wrists and his eyes open again. "Come on, we have to get you outta here" she cries and Greg slowly nods his head. "Okay, we need a knife. You need something sharp. We need a pin or a needle, or something" Greg says as Haley looks around the room frantically. "Oh god, there's nothing," she says as he voice cracks.

"Okay. Use your earrings. Get the point of your earring" Greg explains as Haley takes out one of her earrings and follows every instruction. "Alright, slide it in there and pull" he then continues and when she does the zip ties loosen and Greg takes his hands out rubbing his wrists. 

"I'm really trying to understand what's going on here, Haley" Greg warns as she looks down at him and then towards the floor. "It's Kevin" she answers quietly. "Who's Kevin?" Greg asks confused. "He's hated you ever since we broke up," Haley says. "Your ex-boyfriend, Kevin?" Greg questions and Haley nods her head.

Greg takes a deep breath and then looks back towards her. " I'm okay, let's go" he says as Haley stands up and holds onto Greg's arms helping him to stand up. "Easy...easy. Alright" Greg says as he finally gets up to his feet.

***

Alex follows behind Eddie's SUV, speeding through the city as she looks down at Spike on his laptop every couple of seconds. "Got her!" Spike says excitedly. "Go" Alex then states quickly. "Mystery woman is Haley Brynne. Eighteen years old" Spike explains. "That rules out girlfriend" Wordy advises from the back seat. "Yeah it does" Alex laughs "Hey, you think you know somebody" Leah then states through the headset. "We know the boss" Sam argues calmly. "Go on Spike" Eddie states.

Spike opens up a file showing all of Greg's emails and begins to click on them. "Correspondence goes way back. So, whatever it is, they got a history" Spike says. "You read the emails?" Eddie asks curiously. "No, no. Just to confirm the name. But so far, I got nothing on the girl...hold on" Spike begins and Alex takes a deep breath in. "We got a news article, ten years ago. Homicide served a warrant on a suspect, Randy Teller. Subject opened fire on Police, Tessa Brynne among those killed in the crossfire. Ranking officer on the scene, Detective Greg Parker" he continues and then looks over at Alex shocked. "Detective?" Sam questions. "Yeah, back when he was in homicide. The time fits" Eddie says and Alex releases the breath she was holding in.

***

Kevin and Tyler walk back upstairs and turn a corner heading towards the room. "What the hell were you doing down here?" Tyler questions as Kevin reaches out and grabs the door handle in his hand. "Just getting the lab ready" Kevin answers and opens the door, but his eyes go wide when he sees the room empty with the zip ties broken and on the floor. "I told you to watch him!" Kevin snaps as he paces back and forth in the hallway and then stops, looking at Tyler. "Yeah, and then you called her! What the hell is that about?" Tyler asks in an angry tone as Kevin hits the wall aggressively and turns to walk away. "We find 'em right now!" Kevin yells making his voice echo through the warehouse.

***

"Open the file" Eddie demands through the headset and Alex looks over at Spike quickly. "No!" she quickly says and he looks at her confused. "Alex?" Eddie questions curiously. "What are you not telling us?" Spike then asks with a disappointing look on his face. "Okay" she slowly sighs. "Haley Brynne was my best friend growing up, more like my sister" Alex begins. "What do you mean?" Eddie asks confused. "My dad would take me with him to visit her constantly. He always wanted to make sure she was okay" Alex admits as she continues to drive.

"Why?" Sam's voice then questions. "I never knew why. All I knew is that her mother passed away and since that day my dad was always there for her. We grew up together" Alex finishes and then looks over at Spike and he smiles. "We would know more if we got into that file" Eddie advises and Alex sighs. "I know...Go ahead Spike" Alex says and then Spike shakes his head. "No, I can't. It's sealed" Spike admits and Alex looks over at him. "What? Why?" she asks. "I don't know. It's sealed" Spike informs looking it up at her. "If it's sealed, we need a court order. It could take days" Eddie explains and Alex tightens her grip on the steering wheel. "We don't have days!" Alex argues feeling the frustration course through her. "Alex, we all know that" Jules calmly states through the headset and Alex takes a deep breath. "I know" she whispers. "Alright, see if you can get one of the lawyers to unseal it, for now," Alex then says looking at Spike and then back out the windshield. "Copy" he says and types away on the keyboard.

***

"It's like a fortress" Greg sighs as him and Haley walk into another room. "Here!" Haley quickly says and runs towards a metal door. "Haley, stop!...stop!" Greg panics as he watches Haley about to push the door open. She then looks back at him confused and he walks towards her lowering her arms away from the door. "Stop. A place like this...Lots of surprises" he explains while he looks at the device attached to the door. "What do you mean, a place like this?" Haley questions as Greg turns around and looks at her. "You don't know?" Greg asks. "I've never been here. I haven't seen Kevin in months" Hayley admits. "It's a Meth Lab, Haley. See the propane tanks when you came in? All the brass turned blue...smell that?" He then questions as they begin to walk away from the door. "I thought it was cats" Haley whispers and Greg snickers.

"Doors are all closed, maybe down here" they then hear Kevin's voice say down the hall and Greg turns to Haley and places his finger over his mouth telling her to stay quiet. Greg looks up and notices another staircase leading to the roof and he points towards it. "Come on, up on the roof. There's gotta be a door there. Go up" Greg advises as he leads Haley towards the stairs and lets her go up first.

***

Team One continues to drive through the city trying to find something to help them. "I've got a last known on Haley. It's a group home in Riverdale, and i've got the social worker on line two" Spike says looking over at Alex. "Okay, good. I'll talk to her" Alex advises. "And, Spike. Get me those emails" Eddie's voice then says through the headset. "Copy" Spike answers.

***

"So you're saying you knew about the two of them? The emails?" Alex questions curiously through the headset, talking to the Social Worker. "The emails, the visits, the phone calls. Haley practically worshipped him. I guess it's not surprising, considering what he did for her" the social worker explains. "And what do you know about that?" Alex then asks. "Just what Haley told me. She was eight. Her mother was an addict, they lived in a flophouse. The cops came by with a warrant for her boyfriend one night, and I guess he didn't feel like co-operating. All Haley said she could remember was the sounds" she explains and suddenly Alex remembered the night she was talking about.

"Do it!" a male voice calls from down the stairs as the two little girls look at each other confused as they laid in bed ready to go to sleep. Suddenly, Haley's mother comes running around the corner and grabs on the door frame out of breath. "Guys, get under the bed!" she screams and Haley and Alex uncover themselves from the blanket. "Get under the bed!" she yells again and they both quickly do what she says.

Haley grabs hold of Alex's hand scared as they both look at each other. "Oh god, they're coming" Haley's mom gasps as loud gunshots could be heard echoing in the, already loud house. Her mother then trips over her high heel shoes and falls letting the gun that was in her hand slid right under the bed, making both girls look at it.

"Get it!...Baby? Get the gun!" her mother demands as she holds her hand out trying to reach for it and then another gunshot could be heard, this time closer.

"She was eight. I can't even imagine" the social worker says bringing Alex back for just a few seconds until the memories flood back into her head.

Blood was splattered all over the poster on her wall as both little girls hid scared under the bed seeing Haley's mom lay lifeless on the floor. Then they both heard loud footsteps coming from the hallway and both girls hold their breath noticing the black shoes come into view and turn into Haley's room. The black shoes walk closer towards the bed and then a man kneels down and both girls look up curiously.

"Daddy!" Alex cries as her father lifts up the sheet and looks under the bed shocked. "Alex!" he gasps as she crawls out from underneath the bed and wraps her arms around him tightly crying into his shoulder. "It's okay. I got you" he whispers placing a hand on the back of her head and looking down at Haley still underneath the bed.

"He covered her up, wouldn't let her out of his sight 'til children's aid showed up. A lot of cops wouldn't have done that, but he did" she explains as Alex slightly shakes her head. "Yeah, that sounds like Greg," Alex says forcing a smile. "Later, Haley had some drug problems of her own. But Greg would come by, just talk to her. Once she broke up with Kevin, she got back on track" the social worker admits. "Kevin, who?" Alex questions. "Persheski. A long line of meth heads. She met him in the program, and he was no fan of Greg's" she says. "Thanks for your help," Alex says and then hears the phone hang up in her headset.

"Are you okay?" Spike asks curiously as he notices the worried look on Alex's face. "Yeah. I'm good" she answers.

***

Greg and Haley both head up the stairs hearing loud footsteps behind them, but when they turn the corner they notice what they thought was a small room, was a very large open room. "What are you doing here, Haley? I thought you were done with Kevin. We talked about that" Greg states taking Haley's arms gently and walking with her, as he looks around to find a way out. "I was. I am. But he called, he said he needed help" Haley admits looking at him. "You bought that?" he questions. "Didn't you?" she then asks as they approach another door and Greg looks at it. "Okay. Another grenade. He's a smart kid" Greg sighs as he notices the device attached to the window, before he turns around to face Haley to see her eyes filling with tears.

"Hey, no...no. We're gonna be okay. I promise, alright?" he questions as he brings his hand up and wipes the tears that escaped. He then takes her hand and gives it a slight squeeze. "See these windows? We're gonna pull on one of those bars and we're gonna get outta here, okay?" he then smiles and then turns around ready to walk, but when he does he sees Kevin and Tyler walk into the room. "Haley, you came" Kevin smiles walking closer towards them.

***

"Guys, I think I got something. I came up blank on Kevin Persheski, and if he's Haley's age, juvie record will come up sealed too. But group home lady said he comes from a long line of meth heads, so I cross-checked. And this is Joe Persheski. Multiple convictions, possession with intent to distribute, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, and around his neck, the tattoo the old woman described" Spike explains turning his laptop for Alex to look. "Snakeman. Nice work, Spike" Alex smiles. "Call drug squad, see if you can get a last known address" Eddie then demands through the headset. "Copy that" Spike says proudly.

***

"Okay, just take it easy, son" Greg shouts as both men walk towards them. "Haley, you stay behind me" he then whispers pushing Haley gently behind him. "Kevin, what are you doing?" Haley then screams. "It's okay, Hale" Kevin's voice says calmly as Tyler holds up the gun. "Okay? Just come here" Kevin demands holding out his hand but Greg steps front of her, blocking him.

"We can talk this out, whatever the problem is" Greg begins to say but Kevin then quickly snatches the gun from Tyler and points it towards Greg, causing Haley to run in front of him. Greg wraps his arms around her, stopping her from blocking him. "No!" she cries. "Haley, it's okay...Stop" Greg says. "Shut up!" Kevin yells still pointing the gun up. "Everything's gonna be okay as long as we listen to each other" Greg explains holding Haley behind him as tears fall down her cheeks. "If you think that Greg is the reason we broke up, you're wrong" Haley snaps looking straight at Kevin. "No, this isn't about us breaking up. It's not about us this is about him telling you the truth, Hale, about who really killed your mom" Kevin explains and Greg looks down to the ground slowly. 

"Don't you wanna know, Hale? Who really killed your ma?" Kevin then asks looking at Haley. "You're high" Haley argues grabbing Greg's arm. "No, no, I'm not" Kevin protests as he shakes his head, still holding up the gun. "Kevin, you are in trouble. I can see that and Haley can see that. She cares about you. She cares about you and whoever she cares about, I care about too" Greg advises and Kevin rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, you care. Listen. And as soon as you know it. It's all gonna be over, okay?" Kevin says handing Tyler another pair of zip ties. "Know what?" Haley asks curiously as she watches Tyler walk over and turn Greg around. The tears begin to fall from her eyes again as she looks at Kevin.

"No, Kevin, please. Don't do this" she begs and Greg looks down at her. "It's okay, Haley" he whispers as he feels the zip ties tighten around his wrists. "It's for his sake. 'Cause I swear to god if he comes at me one more time, I'm gonna kill him" Kevin admits aggressively. "You don't wanna do that, son" Greg says looking towards Kevin and shaking his head. 

Kevin looks at him seriously and raises his eyebrows. "What do I wanna do, hmm? Haley always said you can look in someone's eyes and you can tell 'em what's going on, so, you tell me...What do I wanna do?" Kevin asks taking a few steps closer so now he was standing right in front of Greg with the gun pointed towards his head.

***

Alex continues to follows Eddie through the city as they head towards the last known address of the Snakeman. Once they arrive everyone quickly grabs their gear and run towards the door, before looking towards Alex for permission. She looks at Wordy and nods her head, before he kicks the door open and they all run into the dark and stuffy house. "Police! Everyone down on the floor!" Eddie screams. "Get down on the ground!" Alex says pointing her gun towards a man who had his hands in the air and watches as he slowly gets the floor and Sam handcuffs his hands behind his back. "Everybody down on the ground!" Spike yells as he points his gun up. Then a man quickly gets up off his bed and Alex notices the tattoo they have been looking for. "Stay where you are!" She yells as she runs past Spike and spots Leah stopping the man by coming through the back door.

The man with the snake tattoo then quickly sits back down on his bed with his hands in the air and Alex lets her gun fall to her side as she takes her two hands and grabs the guys shirt, bunching it up in her fists and making him stand up as he stares at her shocked. "Where is he?" Alex then hisses through her teeth and Joe smirks. "What's wrong? Missing your daddy, Alex?" he asks making her feel the anger rush through her. She tightens her grip and she gives him a small shake. "Where is he, Joe!" She screams and he laughs. "For your sake, I hope Kevin and Tyler are being nice to him" he whispers with the smirk still on his face, and Alex's eyes go wide.

***

"Oh, you making meth again, Kevin? Is that it? You want Haley to know?" Greg asks curiously as Tyler pushes him into a room full of science tubes and propane tanks. Kevin turns around annoyed and sighs. "I want you to know who he really is" Kevin admits walking towards Haley. "I know who he is" Haley snaps. "Hey, man if you have a beef with me, take it up with me. Haley doesn't have to be a part of it" Greg explains. "Put him on the ground. Tie him to the table" Kevin demands and Greg instantly feels Tyler kick the back of his knee making Greg fall to the ground. "Why are you doing this?" Haley asks worried watching Tyler tie Greg's wrists to the leg of the table with another zip tie. 

Kevin then walks closer to Haley, as he tries to place a hand on her cheek, but she backs away. "Just tell me what you think happened" Kevin demands calmly and Haley shakes her head. "I know what happened. There was a party. My mom was high, everyone was. She had a gun. When the cops came in, everyone started shooting at them. And my mom got hit by a bullet from one of the junkie's guns" Haley explains as tears form in her eyes. "How do you know that? Who told you?" Kevin asks shaking his head while looking at the ground. "Greg did" Haley answers. "The big hero!" Kevin smiles looking behind him at Greg now sitting on the ground. "Hey, man. I'm just looking out for her. Trying to help. You got someone to look out for you Kevin? You got folks who look out for you?" Greg asks curiously. "What do you know about my folks!" Kevin snaps. "He took care of me. He cared about me! Leave him alone!" Haley argues.  "What did I do?" Kevin asks quietly looking at her. "It's what you didn't do Kevin!" Haley states. "You didn't get better. You gave up" she continues and Kevin then shakes his head slowly. "I didn't give up on us" he advises, getting a little bit louder with frustration.

"That's it, Kevin, come on. I can tell you care about her. So, if you care about her, what's all this for?" Greg's voice then questions, making Kevin clench his jaw and turn to look at him slowly. "You can see what it's doing to her" Greg continues. "When I met Haley, she was coming off a year long binge. Did you know that? Cause every night she would go to sleep, she would see her mom laying on the floor in front of her" Kevin explains and Greg nods his head. "I know that" he whispers. "Right. So, you probably know this name too. Uh? Randy Teller?" Kevin yells as he walks around the room. "Who the hell is that?" Tyler asks confused. "He's the man we went to arrest that night" Greg answers with a sigh. 

"Yeah, and now he's in for life cause of that night" Kevin argues. "Cause he opened fire on us, Kevin" Greg advises calmly. "That's what Haley remembers. But, the thing is...is that...Uhm, After Haley and I took a break, I still really wanted to help her" Kevin begins to say and Greg nods his head, slowly.  "And that's a good thing, Kevin" Greg states.  "So I uh, I went to see Randy. And I asked him. I asked him, What the hell happened that night? I mean uh...how did her mom die, really? Do you know what he told me?" Kevin asks walking back over and looking at Haley. "He said that uhm...I was downstairs, I didn't really see who shot her. But I know who was up there with her when it happened" Kevin continues.

"Ok, wait...wait" Greg interrupts, causing Kevin to look over at him. "Wait, Kevin. Okay, alright. A guy like that, he's gonna tell you anything that you want to hear" Greg states. "Huh-uh" Kevin then says shaking his head, disagreeing. "Yes, Kevin!" Greg argues. "No! Randy and my dad go way back!" Kevin argues as he waves the gun around in the air, frustrated.  "Okay, he wouldn't lie to me...He wouldn't lie to me" Kevin says looking back at Haley. "What did he say?" Haley asks curiously and a bit afraid to hear his answer. "He said the cops and everybody were shooting like crazy downstairs, and upstairs it was just your mom...and him," Kevin says pointing down at Greg.

Haley looks down with a quiet gasp not wanting to believe it. The memory quickly comes rushing back into her head and she closes her eyes, letting tears escape.

"Get out of my house!" she hears her mother's voice yell as she lays in bed alone. Her mother then quickly appears in front of her door panicked and points her finger at Haley.

"Baby, get under the bed...Get under the bed!" she screams as she looks back behind her and Haley quickly crawls underneath the bed scared. "Oh, god they're coming" she hears her mother say as gunshots go off downstairs. "Leave us alone!" her mother's voice screams and then a louder gunshot goes off and her mother falls to the floor as her gun slides under the bed towards Haley. Haley notices Greg walk into her room holding his gun up with smoke coming out of it, letting her know it just went off.

Haley opens her eyes and notices Greg shaking his head. "No...no. That's not how it happened. Randy wasn't even there. How could he know?" Greg states. "Well, who else could it be, Greg?" Kevin yells and Haley shakes her head slowly, feeling her heart breaking in her chest. "Greg, it's not true...It's not true, the cops said that-" Haley begins to say but Kevin quickly interrupts her. "Oh, the cops said. The cops? If you ever try to look at this case, it's sealed. The cops are trying to cover their own asses. I mean, who are you gonna blame for shooting the mother of a little girl? The cops or some junkie? Who do you believe?" Kevin asks stepping closer to Haley.

Haley then looks down at Greg and cries. "Greg, please tell me that you didn't" Haley begs and Kevin turns around quickly. "Yeah. Who was it, Greg? What happened that night?!" Kevin yells and Greg just looks at the ground emotionless.

***

"Do what you want to me, I got nothin' to say" Joe smiles as Alex sits next to him and watches her team handcuff all the other men in the house. "Oh, I'm not gonna do anything to you" Alex smiles. "Okay...That's good," Joe says confused and Alex then turns to look at him. "I'm just gonna put you in a squad car, drive you around for a little while, while all your buddies here get busted for possession, resisting, that kind of thing. Then you can explain to them why they all have court dates and you're running around scot-free. I'm sure they're gonna understand" Alex explains nodding her head while Joe looks around scared.  "Maybe...Maybe, I know something. I just have a condition" Joe states and Alex rolls her eyes. "Well, you help us find my dad and we'll work it out" Alex whispers. "It's my condition, you understand?" Joe then asks as Alex begins to get impatient. "I'm not gonna ask you again" she warns, as she stands up and begins to walk out of the room slowly. "It's meth lab!" Joe yells, causing Alex to turn around and look at him again. "I can tell you where it is" Joe quickly answers and Alex smiles. "Of course it is. But no, you're gonna show us" Alex then says aggressively as Sam pulls Joe up to his feet and towards the front door. "Sure, sure" he agrees.

Joe quickly turns around and looks at Alex as she follows behind him and Sam. "Y-you know, it's these kids, I'm telling you. Tyler, he's the crazy one. Kevin's not so bad, he's the brains" he says. "Kevin has no brains, Joe. You should know that, he's your son" Alex states and nods her head towards Sam motioning for him to continue walking. "What, you don't agree with me that Tyler is crazy! You should know Alex, he was your boyfriend!" Joe then yells as Sam pushes him out the front door as she then notices Spike, Eddie, and Jules looking at her shocked. "Long, long, ago!" she argues looking at Spike and he nods his head.

They all walk towards the SUVs and Alex quickly grabs Spike's arm, pulling him back to face her. "Spike?" she questions curiously. "Alex. I believe you. It's okay" Spike smiles with a small laugh. "I love you" Alex then smiles. "I love you. Now, lets go get your dad back" Spike says kissing the top of her head before they both walk towards her SUV with Joe in the back.

"You lead. We'll follow" Eddie yells opening his driver side door. "Copy that!" Alex yells back and then hops into the car. "So, is this your new boyfriend?' Joe's voice questions and Alex closes her eye taking a deep breath. "Joe, I have many guns on me right now and I am not afraid to use them. So, please...shut your mouth and stay quiet unless I tell you to talk. Got it?" Alex asks looking back at him and his eyes go wide before he quickly nods his head. "Good. I'm glad we agree on something" Alex says quietly driving slowly away from the small house as Spike snickers from the passenger seat.

***

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Haley's voice cries looking down at Greg. "Because it's the truth. The truth is, he never cared about you" Kevin says quietly looking at Haley as tears rolled down her cheeks.  "No! Greg did care. He saved me. He kept me together" Haley says loudly. "You know the answer to that" Greg then says looking up at her. "I didn't keep you together, you kept me together," he says and Haley wipes away some of the tears as Kevin turns around confused. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he questions.

"It means that you, me and Haley, we're not so different, okay? I know what it's like to wanna hide. I know what it's like to make yourself feel numb. On the night that I found Haley and Alex under that bed, I was a mess. I mean, the stuff you see every day as a cop, on the job, makes you wanna make some bad choices and mine was the bottle" Greg begins to explain, gaining everyones attention. "That night, after everything I hit the bottle harder than I ever had before and when I woke up my family was gone, except Alex. She has stayed by my side through everything, but my wife was gone; she took my son. He was six-years-old, I haven't seen him since" Greg explains and Haley gasps. "Alex?" she questions. "Alex?" Tyler then whispers "Is that her fault? Is that what you're saying?" Kevin asks furiously, completely ignoring everyone else who was shocked.

"No...no. That's my fault. That's my fault. So, I took a leave from the job, held up at home, a case of vodka and a promise: either I finish these bottles or they finish me. Alex was taken from me and they took her to see Haley in the foster home, so she could be safe. And then I get this letter out of nowhere, in kids handwriting. Hi, detective Parker, it's me, Haley. I wanted to say thank you for helping me and to let you know that Alex and I are okay, thanks to you. She wanted me to say hi to her daddy for her....So, hi! She misses you, a lot. She was scared, but she was gonna be brave. An eight-year-old girl. It took me three days to sober up and then that's when I wrote you back. Everything I ever did for you, you did for me, okay? And what happened after that night, what you've become, what I've seen you turn into, Haley, that's...that's what matters" Greg explains and Haley covers her mouth with her hand stopping the sobs from escaping.

"So, all this time was just because of what you did to my mom that night?" Haley questions. "No, Haley" Greg sighs watching the girl breakdown in front of him.

***

Alex speeds down the empty street full of what looked to be abandoned warehouses. "Big gate at the front, don't know how you're getting through" Joe explains and Alex smiles looking over at Spike. "Oh trust me, that shouldn't be a problem" she states and she could her Joe shift uncomfortably in his seat. "Alright, guys, hard vehicle entry," Eddie's voice says through the headset. "Turn coming up" Joe then says and Alex quickly turns right. "We're looking at a highly volatile environment. Air could have anything in it from Acetone,  Phosphorous, Isopropyl Alcohol. Everything Is flammable and unstable, guys" Spike explains. "Guns, Rams, CS. Gas, they can all give off a spark" Jules explains and suddenly Alex's phone goes off beside her.

"I'll patch it through to your headset" Spike quickly says and she hears a sound immediately in her ear. "Go, for Alex," she says confidentiality and she knew the whole team was about to hear the conversation. "Alex. I got your message. Jim Keach, what the hell's going on with your dad?" the voice asks curiously. "Hey Jim, we got a situation here. We don't have a lot of time. Listen, you remember about ten years ago, you and my dad were partners in homicide? You had a case, a woman named Brynne got shot? Do you remember that?" Alex asks curiously. "Yeah. Don't you? You were there Alex. I remember how happy you were to see your dad that night" he states and Alex could immediately feel Spikes eyes on her. 

"What about it, Alex?" Jim's voice then asks. "Well, the little girl in that case, Haley. We think she's involved here today. We need to know what happened that night...I need to be reminded of what happened" Alex then admits. "The case file is sealed, Alex" Jim advises and Alex nods her head. "I know that, Jim. So, you're the only one who can tell my team the whole story. I don't think my dad is gonna mind, considering what's going on here" Alex explains. "I don't know Alex. Don't you know the story?" he then questions confused. "I was ten Jim. Gunshots, loud voices, Haley...my best friend. Blood on the walls and floors? It's all flashes of images. I need the story" Alex demands, and hears a sigh through the headset. "Greg was the one who sealed it in the first place, Alex," Jim says. "He did? Can you tell me why?" Alex asks curiously. "He had his reasons. The main thing I remember is the poster in Haley's room" he begins and Alex quickly remembers the poster with the blood splattered all over it. "We'd been after Teller three months. Warrant came through that night" Jim's voice explains.

***

"Haley...Haley, listen to me!" Greg begs and he leans forward a bit, but is stopped by the tight zip ties. "I think she's heard enough from you, Greg. Right, Hale?" Kevin asks looking at Haley who was now quiet and looked emotionless. "Maybe I blew it between us, but maybe now I can make something right. 'Cause now, we take care of this, maybe you can have some peace. Put those nightmares behind you finally" Kevin explains as he walks towards a timer and twists it, and then plugs it in to start it.

"Haley, get out of here!" Greg demands in a panicked tone as he notices what the timer is for. "Think I'm gonna hurt her, Greg? I'm doing this for her" Kevin argues as he turns around and looks down at him with anger in his eyes. "For her? What's it gonna be like for the three of you getting arrested for killing a Police Officer?" Greg then asks curiously. "No, what's gonna happen is, is that we're gonna be gone, this place is gonna blow and all they're gonna find is some Cop who shouldn't have been snooping around a volatile meth lab" Kevin shouts as he opens up the valves to the propane takes making them all hiss as the gas escapes them, filling the room.

"Haley, you can't be a part of this, you have to go to the Police. You can't take a life. Once you take a life, it ruins your own. It can't be undone. Just go, Haley...Just go!" Greg shouts as Kevin walks towards Haley and slowly pushes her out of the room. "We can't do this" Haley says quietly. "Let's go" Kevin demands. "No, I can't" Haley snaps as she stops walking, but Tyler holds her arm aggressively. "Okay, maybe you can't, but I can, okay?" Kevin snaps and he pushes her out of the room followed by Tyler. 

"Let her go. Haley, just run...Haley, go! Run, Haley...Go to the Police...Haley. Just run!" Greg yells as Tyler closes the door.

Greg moves around trying his best to get his wrists loose, but nothing works. He begins to feel his head get dizzy from all the gas but he stays awake. "Haley!...Run, Haley!" He shouts as loud as he can, hoping she can still hear him.

***

Alex pulls up right in front of the large gate and gets close to let the front of her SUV touch it, before she steps on the gas, breaking the chair around it easily. She drives into the lot followed by Eddie and parks right in front of the building. When she climbs out, she notices the black van parked close by. She begins to walk towards it, holding her gun up and looks over at Spike. "Spike, check that van" she demands and he nods his head walking slowly towards it. Spike quickly opens the back door of the van and holds his gun up looking around inside. "Clear!" He shouts and Alex looks up at the tall warehouse.

"I want everything non-conductive. Rubberized climbers, gorilla bars, everything. Spike, floor plans?" Alex then questions looking towards him again. "Nothing I could find" he states and she takes a deep breath. "Alright, we're gonna eyeball this one. Let's fan out" Alex announces and Eddie grabs her arm pulling her back as the rest of the team head off into different directions. "You knew? You knew everything all day and you didn't tell any of us?" he then questions and Alex looks at him confused. "Ed, I was holding back nothing that could have helped" Alex admits and Eddie shakes his head disappointed. "You're sitting this one out. You've helped enough" Eddie advises and Alex's eyes go wide. "Excuse me?" She asks "You heard me Alex. You're sitting the rest of this out" Eddie then says again looking at Alex with a serious look on his face. "No! You can't do that!" She protests walking away from him, but he quickly pulls her back again. "I just did!" he argues and she snickers, causing him to look down towards her unimpressed. "Don't make me handcuff you to the back of the seat of the car, Alex. Because I will" Eddie snaps. "So what do you want me to do Ed? Stand here and look pretty?" Alex questions sarcastically. "Yeah, that could work. That way if Tyler walks out, you'll distract him long enough for us to take him down" Eddie argues as he begins to walk away, leaving Alex to stand by herself near the SUVs.

***

"Every window on the green wall is secure. Bars and grates" Wordy's voice says through the headset. "Same on red. We're on the black wall now" Jules states as her and Spike run around the back of the building. "Same on white" Eddie says as Alex watches him and Sam from a distance standing as they stand at a large metal door. "The only way we're getting in there is with a cutting torch" Sam advises and Eddie shakes his head. "No flames, too risky. Anybody else have an entrance? And check for explosives" Eddie asks curiously looking back at Alex to make sure she was still there, and she forces a small smiles and waves her hand. Sam snickers before Eddie looks towards him quickly making the smile disappear just as fast. 

"Possible entry on the black wall. Heavily fortified though, we're testing now" Jules announces as Spike pulls out a testing kit from his bag. "Guys, heavy nitrate residue on this door, it's too risky," Spike says as Alex continues to watch Eddie and Sam, with her arms now crossed over her chest annoyed. "We need an entrance, people. Wordy, Leah, can you make it happen?" Eddie questions curiously as Alex takes her gun in her hand and walks slowly towards them at the door, tired of standing back and just watching. "Not without making a lot of noise" Wordy answers as Eddie notices Alex and he turns to look at her, shaking his head. But, before he could say anything Alex holds her finger up, stopping him.

"Listen, Ed. I might not have told you the whole story, but it's not my story to tell. Now, you might want to stop me from helping you, but you can't because last time I checked I was the second Sargent on this team, not you" she states and he looks at her with no emotion before she notices a small nod, that she knew he didn't want to give. "Come on, people, we gotta get in here" Eddie then says looking back towards Sam. Suddenly noises of the door unlocking come from inside and Alex holds up her gun ready. "Ed, we've got movement on white" she advises quietly making him get ready as well.

Sam jumps over to now stand beside Eddie and the door opens. Eddie lowers his gun and pushed the man aggressively against the metal wall next to the door holding him up. "How many inside?" Eddie asks as the boy looks at him shocked, and a little scared. "It's not my fault, I didn't wanna do it" Tyler quickly states and Alex walks up the three steps tapping Eddie on the shoulder, and he lets him go and backs away, as Jules and Spike come running around the corner. "Nobody cares if it's not your fault Tyler," Alex says calmly and he looks down at her as she stands in front of him holding her gun up towards his chest. "Alex" he whispers.

"How many, are inside!" Alex then asks again and Tyler sighs. "Two - plus the cop" Tyler answers and Alex steps forward. "Plus the cop" she echoes and then looks towards Spike. "Keep him here" Alex demands and Spike takes his arms and turns him around slamming him into the metal wall again and handcuffing his hands. "Sam, Wordy, Leah, Alex, with me," Eddie says before he walks inside slowly.

When Alex was about to walk inside she hears Tyler clear his throat and she looks at him annoyed. "How have you been Alex?" he questions with a smirk and she snickers shaking her head and looks at Spike. "Shut up, Tyler" she demands. "Oh, come on Alex. We both know how you feel about me. Just admit it" he whispers trying to move a bit closer to her. Alex then smiles before she turns around and quickly reaches her hand behind Spikes' neck and pulling him closer and placing a kiss on his lips, feeling him then place his left hand on her waist. She then pulls away and walks back towards the door. "In your dreams, Tyler" she then yells continuing into the building.

Alex catches up just in time to hear her team yell and she raises her gun back up. "Police, get down!" Eddie screams. "Drop your weapons!" Sam screams and Alex turns the corner to see a familiar face getting pulled behind a large pillar. "You have to help him, please!" Haley's voice screams before everything goes quiet. "Where's Greg Parker?!" Eddie screams causing his voice to echo through the large empty warehouse. "He's dead! It's over" Kevin screams and Alex motions for Wordy and Leah to go look around as she stays with Sam and Eddie. "Okay, you're Kevin, right?" Eddie asks loudly and looks back at Alex for confirmation and she nods her head. "Is that Haley with ya?" Eddie then questions as the three of them take a couple of steps closer. "We're here to help, buddy, we just wanna talk" Eddie says. "We don't need your help!" Kevin yells and Alex takes a step forward walking about two steps ahead of Eddie and Sam. She then lets go of her gun and lets it fall to her side, feeling the strap tighten around her shoulder. 

"Let's just calm down here, Kevin. Let's just talk about this" Alex then says calmly and then quickly notices Kevin look around the corner making sure he heard right. "Alex?" he asks confused and then hides again.

"Do you wanna make this more complicated than it has to be?" Jules voice then says through the headset. "No, I don't" Tyler quickly answers. "Then tell us how to get our friend out of there safely" Jules snaps. "We can't. It's gonna blow up in like five minutes and we have to get away" Tyler then explains and Alex looks behind her, at Eddie. 

"Guys, it's gonna detonate in five minutes, you need to get out of there right now!" Spike shouts. "I'm not going anywhere without my dad" Alex states calmly and Eddie nods his head slowly as she looks back towards Kevin. "We need to know where Greg is, Kevin. We can work everything else out, but we need to know where Greg is" Eddie says. "No! No...He doesn't get to be the hero, not this time" Kevin argues. "Kevin" Alex warns loudly. "Nobody's trying to be a hero here, Kevin" Eddie reassures as Alex turns her head away to talk quietly in her headset.

"I need a twenty on my dad," she says impatiently. "Nothing so far," Leah's voice says and Alex closes her eyes taking a deep breath before she turns back around. "Hold on" Wordy then says making Alex's heart stop for a moment. "Northeast corner. We're on our way" Wordy then says and Alex smiles. 

"Kevin, can you tell me what this is about?" Alex asks curiously. "Yeah! Yeah, I can tell you in five minutes. In five minutes, I can tell you everything" Kevin answers angrily and Alex could hear Haley's cries being muffled, so she knew Kevin had his hand over her mouth. "He's stalling me. I need some answers here, people, now" Alex whispers.

"Look at me!" she then hears Jules voice yells into the headset. "What did he tell Haley?" she then asks. "About her mom! Something about her mom" Tyler answers scared. "Alex, it's something about Haley's mom" Jules advises and Alex nods her head. "Thanks, Jules" she whispers.

"Kevin, this about Haley's mom?" Alex questions hearing Kevin snicker annoyed as he stays hidden. "I don't wanna hear any more lies, okay? So stop talking!" Kevin snaps. "Alright, we'll stop, just tell us where my dad is, and we'll stop all of this, Kevin!" Alex argues back feeling frustrated. 

"We're chasing echoes in here," Leah's voice says on the headset. "We have to keep going" Wordy then says.

"Kevin, please! I need to know what you told Haley about that night" Alex begs. "I told her the truth, okay? That...that he killed her mom" Kevin explains. "That who, who killed her mom?" Alex questions confused. "You know who killed...Greg did!" he snaps again as he looks around the pillar noticing Alex shaking her head. "Don't try to cover for him, okay?! Because I know what happened! He was the only one in the room!" he continues to scream and Alex takes a step closer. "He didn't tell you?" Alex asks curiously waiting for an answer, but he stays quiet. "Okay, Kevin, you want the truth? Here it is" Alex begins. "Haley's the one who shot her mother" Alex admits hearing Haley's breathing quicken as more muffled whimpers could be heard. 

"Now I know...I know you don't want to believe that" Alex begins but is quickly cut off. "I did not shoot my mother," Haley's voice says through tears.  "I was there, Haley. Right beside you when it happened. My dad didn't tell you, Haley, because you were a kid, we both were. You didn't mean to shoot anybody, alright? He knew what that would do to you, that's all" Alex begins as A tear escapes her eyes. "The poster in your room. Remember the poster, Haley?" Alex questions curiously letting the memory take over her head.

"Get out of here! Leave us alone!" Haley's mother screams causing both girls to look towards the door, their smiles both fading. Her mother then appears in the doorway stumbling on her high heel shoes and grabs a hold of the door frame.

"Get under the bed...Get under the bed!" she screams and both girls listen and do what they're told. They crawl under the bed afraid as loud gunshots echo through the house.

"Oh, they're coming" her mother's voice panics before she suddenly trips over her own foot and falls to the floor letting the gun slide towards the two, scared little girls under the bed.

"Get it...Baby, get the gun" her mother begs reaching out her hand trying to grab it. Alex and Haley look down at it. A loud gunshot then rings right next to Alex's ear and she looks over shocked as Haley holds the slightly smoking gun in her hands. They both look up and towards the poster and see the blood splatter all over it.

Footsteps in the hallway becoming louder before a pair of black shoes appear in the doorway and slowly walk inside. The figure kneels down beside the bed and lifts the sheet up, looking under at the girls. "Daddy" Alex cries crawling out from under the bed and wrapping her arms tightly around her father.

"Alex?" he then questions shocked, placing a hand on the back of her head. He looks down at Haley and shows a small smile. "I got you" he whispers to both girls and slowly reaches down taking the gun from Haley's hands.

"That's how the cops found out; there was blood on the poster. That the shot could only have come from inside the room, from the floor. Now, that gun had a hair trigger on it, Haley. It had a hair trigger, could of happened to anybody...Anybody. Now, I know my dad, like you do and he must have had a pretty good reason not to tell you this today" Alex explains wiping the tears from her eyes. "I want my dad to live, Haley, and I'm betting you do, too," Alex says in almost a whisper, but loud enough for Haley to hear her.

"I had the gun. It was in my hand...It was my fault. I remember" Haley says walking out and away from Kevin. He then quickly walks towards her and places his hands on her shoulders. "What?" he asks shocked. "Get him. Go...go!" Alex demands as Eddie and Sam run pass her and she follows quickly behind them. "No!" Kevin shouts. "I remember...It was me!" Haley cries as Alex walks towards her, wrapping her arms around her and Haley does the same.

"Sam, take him and get him outta here" Alex demands again and Sam walks closer towards Kevin holding up his gun. "Drop it!" Sam shouts and he quickly obeys letting Sam handcuff him with no problems. "I didn't know" he sighs and Haley lets go of Alex and takes a step away completely ignoring him. "He's this way, hurry...Hurry, he's this way!" Haley screams as she begins to run towards the stairs and Alex and Eddie quickly follow her. "Leah, Wordy, we got a location. Let's go, let's move" Eddie shouts running up the stairs. "I didn't know!" Kevin yells as Sam pulls him outside through the door.

Haley leads them towards another large metal door with a few windows above it. "What's in here, Haley?" Alex quickly asks as Leah and Wordy come running around the corner. "Kevin set a timer. Gas, it's gonna explode" Haley panics. "Get out of here now!" Alex then shouts pointing towards her and she goes to turn around. "I'm sorry" she cries. "Go!" Wordy yells as Alex tries kicking the door open, but it doesn't work. "Get the gorilla bar!" Eddie yells. "We don't have time!" Alex says through tears. "We need it! it's non-conductive, no sparks. Only way to ram safely" Eddie then yells again helping Alex.

Spike runs handing the Gorilla bar to Sam before taking Kevin and swinging him around quickly to walk towards the SUV. "Hurry, Sam!" Alex panics through the headset.

"Dad!" Alex cries as Wordy and Eddie kick and bang on the door. "Greg, if you can hear me, we're gonna get ya outta there" Eddie yells just as Sam comes running towards them. "Clear the door," he says loudly and Alex feels Leah pull her back towards her. "Let's move, Let's move!" Eddie screams as him and Wordy take hold and help Sam. "Now!" he yells and the three of them slam the device against the door making it open the first try.

When they open the door they all see Greg laying on the floor with his hands behind his back and blood on the collar of his shirt and the back of his head. "Dad!" Alex screams with total fear in her voice. "Spike, we need you up here now!" Leah says trying to hold Alex back. "On my way!" he says loudly through the headset. Wordy runs towards the propane tanks and twists them all close as Eddie kneels down beside Greg. "Sam! Kill that timer!" Eddie yells pointing towards it on the counter. Sam walks towards it and slams his hand on top of it making sure not to move it any more than it has, and then he unplugs it. "We got you, boss. We got you" Eddie whispers as Spike rounds the corner taking Alex tightly into his arms, feeling her wrap her arms around his back as she lays her head on his chest.

Wordy uses his knife and cuts the zip ties off of Greg's wrists and then leans down and takes one of Greg's arms, letting Eddie take the other one. "Come on, we got you" Eddie advises as they lift the almost unconscious body off the floor. As they carry him out, Alex hears him struggling to breathe and she tightens her grip on Spike feeling him do the same.

"Haley! Get Haley!" Greg mumbles as they all follow behind Eddie and Wordy down the stairs.

***

Officers in hazmat suits enter the warehouse passing by the Team as they all stand next to the SUVs watching Greg near the ambulance not far away. Eddie then looks over at Alex to see her eyes all red and puffy. He walks towards her and wraps his arms around her shoulder sighing. "I'm sorry for today. We were all going through a lot" he says and she looks up at him and nods her head. "I'm sorry too" she whispers before they both look towards Greg and see the medic walk away from him, letting him sit on the stretcher alone. "Go" Eddie whispers and then gives her a slight push and then she walks towards him slowly.

As she approaches, Greg turns around to look at her with sad eyes. "My baby girl," he says softly as he reaches his arms out and she quickly sits down falling into them, feeling him wrap them around her tightly. "So, what? You say to yourself I can handle this alone, no problem. I'm a smart guy, I'm Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU" Alex begins to say as she sits up and looks at her father with the oxygen mask on. He then reaches up about to take it off but she stops him. "Keep it on. Breathe. You think I can just talk my way out of this. I can, I can talk bullets right back up the barrel, 'cause that's the kind of frickin' genius I am" Alex continues this time with more tears falling from her eyes. "Alex" Greg whispers devastated, taking off his mask and lifting his hand to wipe the tears on his daughters face. "You could've died...Died! And all because...because you want to protect Haley from something you didn't think she should know?" Alex questions annoyed and Greg shakes his head slowly. "No, it would've happened anyway. Alex, the kid was gonna kill me anyway" Greg explains looking his scared daughter in the eyes. "You don't know that!" Alex argues a little louder, but Greg lets her, knowing she was angry and upset with him. "Alex-" he says but she cuts him off. "You've got no right going around giving up your own life trying to save everybody else's. Not if you don't have to. She's not the only one who needs you" Alex states letting more tears fall from her eyes as Greg looks up at her, sorry.

Alex then leans her head down on her father's chest and just sits there, listening to his breathing and his heartbeat,  letting it relax her. Greg then looks in front of him to see Eddie staring at him. Eddie nods his head, and Greg does the same.

***

Alex walks out of the dressing room and notices Spike leaning against the wall waiting for her. "Hey, you" he smiles as he stands up and walks towards her. She then feels the tears begin to fall again and she leans into his chest feeling his hand get places on the back of her head. "He's okay" Spike advises quietly and Alex looks up at him with her arms still wrapped around him. "I know. But he could have died, Spike" she admits and he brings his hands up and places them on her cheeks wiping her tears. "But he didn't. He's still here, for you, Alex. He's your father and he always will be" Spike smiles and gently kisses her on her forehead.

After Alex calms down, she and Spike walk hand in hand towards the briefing room to see Eddie standing in the doorway. They both then stop beside him and look towards Greg sitting near the large windows looking out at the night sky. He turns around and looks at them, showing a small smile. Greg slowly gets up and walks towards them, and Eddie turns off the light. Greg smiles at Spike before pulling  Alex closer towards him. "I love you" Greg whispers kissing the side of Alex's head. "I love you too" she whispers back leaning in towards him as they all walk out of the station.

___________________________

Oh my gosh, guys! This is one of the chapters I have been waiting to write. Poor Alex, never gets a break.

I hope you guys love it as much as I do!

Don't forget to comment, share, and vote!

Love you all and thank you so much for reading Flashpoint. More to come! One more chapter left in this book! 😱♥️

Angela_Tillson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.2K 24
Lillian Carson is transferred to Team One shortly after Lews death. They get along great, all the while Lillians developing feelings for a certain bo...
13.8K 156 8
Alexandria Parker, also known as Alex is the daughter of Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU. The Strategic Response Unit (SRU), is a Canadian metropolit...
4.6K 481 35
Callie is a sergeant and her and her team are kidnapped by terrorists. Her dad who is the Lieutenant asks Elliot team to find them. Can they find he...
169K 7.5K 21
*Warning violent themes* (I don't endorse or condone violence, this is just a crime fic) This is the second season to Orange Is the New Blackpink, I...