The REDS of war

By Ian_Star205

Follow the team from their adventures from Beacon and onwards. (Ps. I do not own RWBY it is owned by Rooster... More

Prolouges
Volume One Chapter One
Volume One Chapter Two
Volume One Chapter Three
Volume One Chapter Four
Volume One Chapter Five
Volume One Chapter Six
Volume One Chapter Seven
Volume One Chapter Eight
Volume One Chapter Nine (Volume one finale)
Volume Two Chapter One
Volume Two Chapter Two
Volume Two Chapter Three
Volume Two Chapter Four
Volume Two Chapter Five
Volume Two Chapter Six
Volume Two Chapter Seven
Volume Two Chapter Eight
Volume Two Chapter Ten
Volume Two Chapter Eleven
Volume Two Chapter Twelve (Volume End.)
Volume Three Chapter One
Volume Three Chapter Two
Volume Three Chapter Three
Volume Three Chapter Four
Volume Three Chapter Five
Volume Three Chapter Six
Volume Three Chapter Seven
Volume Three Chapter Eight
Volume Three Chapter Nine (Volume End)
Crossover 3: It Gets Worse
Crossover 4: Never Too Late
Volume Four Chapter One
Volume Four Chapter Two
Volume Four Chapter Three
Volume Four Chapter Four
Volume Four Chapter Five
Volume Four Chapter Six
Volume Four Chapter Seven
Volume Four Chapter Eight
Volume Four Chapter Nine
Volume Four Chapter Ten
Volume Four Chapter Eleven (Volume End)
Volume Five Chapter One
Volume Five Chapter Two
Volume Five Chapter Three
Volume Five Chapter Four
Volume Five Chapter Five
Volume Five Chapter Six
Volume Five Chapter Seven
Volume Five Chapter Eight
Volume Five Chapter Nine (Volume End)

Volume Two Chapter Nine

110 4 0
By Ian_Star205

The following morning the team finally escape the underground, now in Forever Fall forest, Rei and the others walk in relative peace, the group has yet to complete their objective, fins the person responsible for all of this mess.

The group quickly make their way to a set of two pathways.

"Well, which way we wanna go this time? Or should we split again?" Oliver asks.

"We're searching for clues as to who did all this, I think it'd be best if we traveled both paths." Scarlet says.

"Okay, we'll switch partners this time. Scarlet, you go with Goldie down the left path, Oliver and I will travel down the right side."

The team agrees to the plan, and walk down their lathes. Scarlet & Goldie scout every insignificant detail looking for clues, however they find nothing, a few Grimm here and there, even an alpha Ursa.

Scarlet scoffs. "Didn't we beat these guys already?" She says as the Ursa roars at the pair.

Goldie glances around, coughing, spotting a few other Ursa watching as well. "Let's clear this place out."

"Yeah, we may not be alone." Scarlet says the pair swiftly do as necessary, meanwhile on the right path, Oliver and Rei explore a set of ruins, though these are in a much better condition than the ruins back in Mountain Glenn.

"Hmmm, it's probably no accident these columns are here." Oliver says.

"Oh look, a cleverly disguised jumping puzzle. Definitely feels like a puzzle! I love puzzles!" Rei says sarcastically.

Oliver sighs. "These ancient steps must lead somewhere."

The two easily make their way up the steps finding only a few Grimm along the top, which they easily dispatch, after abit nore travel both teams regardless of their path spot a massive tree, that keeps them separated.

"That tree is beautiful." Goldie says to Scarlet.

Scarlet nods, taking a look up trying to see the top of the tree. "That might be the biggest tree I've ever seen."

Rei steps forward analyzing the tree. "That's enormous."

Oliver nods. "Forever fall truly is beautiful."

The four walk around the tree and through an archway on either side, where almost in sync the two teams reunite. The four continue walking until encountering some of the sludge, Rei glances up before stepping towards a small ledge, just below a slightly open field, and inside, dripping with the radioactive sludge, is a Mutant Creep.

Oliver stares at the creep in somewhat surprise. "Oh! Another strange looking Grimm?"

Scarlet sighs. "Another green one. Uh, this is not a good sign."

"What's wrong with these Grimm?" Rei wonders.

"I've seen plenty of grimm but nothing quite like that." Goldie says, as Rei kills it with a quick arrow to the head.

"This is indeed concerning..." Oobleck states to the team. "Those mutated Grimm you fought in Mountain Glenn were no fluke. Now we know there are more of them. Follow those train tracks uphill and maybe we can find out where they're coming from?"

The group nod along swiftly traveling up the hill alongside the tracks, they easily defeat Grimm, and try to make as little noise as possible as to not alert a larger horde of them.

"Up we go!" Rei grins.

"Ugh, we gotta be close, I can feel it!" Scarlet says once their half way up the hill.

"One last push up the hill, come on!" Oliver motivates them or rather fails to once their heady at the top.

Once the team reach the top Goldie glances back down at the many dead Grimm left in their wake. "I think it's fair to say today's been a bit of an... uphill battle?" Goldie snickers from the joke, as Rei groans, Oliver rolls his eyes and Scarlet deadpans. "Oh come on I thought it was funny."

"No, just... just no."

The group glance around with Rei using his binoculars to scout the area around, however this momentary distraction is just enough for a mutated Beowulf to arrive with a pack of about a dozen regulars.

Goldie stares at the mutated Grimm. "Look at the size of that thing!"

Rei sighs, firing an arrow and using his glyph launches several Grimm off the cliff. "Oh oh! Stick together!"

Oliver readies his weapon. "Let's take this thing down."

Scarlet scoffs with a grin. 'This guy thinks he's real tough."

The group try to dispatch it quickly, but find that the mutated Beowulf is somewhat tougher than they expected.

Rei scoffs. "Great! As if the regular grimm weren't bad enough!"

"Get ready! And watch each others' backs!"Oliver says rushing forward.

Scarlet takes a few deep breaths. "Is that a beowolf? What happened to it?"

The group work together and through teamwork and cooperation they defeat the mutated Beowulf with Rei finishing it off using his sword to decapitate the monster.

"Team! That was an incredible display of fighting mastery. We must get to the source of where these mutated monstrosities are coming from, and most importantly - who's behind it. I sense we're getting close! If you can manage to get to the end of the rail line, we just might find the answers we need." Oobleck says to them.

The group follow the tracks further into the forest, Rei leading efforts to find any relics, or clues. The group take a quick minute to break, eating some food, Rei climbs a tree keeping scout. The group continue up the hill, before coming across, however after passing a set of ruins, Rei grumbles.

"Damn it, the train tracks have vanished."

"Hmmm, no sign of those train tracks anywhere. They must be hidden behind one of those doors. See if you can find a way to get them open."

Scarlet glances to Rei. "A key, perhaps?"

Oliver however inspects the door, trying to pick it, he sighs as the pick slips out dented. "We're not getting past these doors without a key."

Rei starts walking around the area. 'Hmm. Where could that key be hiding?"

Scarlet rushes around exploring several vases. "Found something!" She says pulling an object out of a vase revealing it to be a chess piece, a massive chess piece. "Oh..."

"Found it!" Goldie says extending the key to the door out from a box.

She hands the key to Rei who tentatively places it in the door. "Let's see if this works." He says. With a click, the door opens and the team continue down the pathway, looking for the train tracks. The trip is rather peaceful, until a lone boarbatusk attempts to rush them from behind, Rei swiftly pushes Scarlet and Goldie out of the way, blocking the Grimm with a glyph it flips to try and attack again, however before it can land, Oliver stabs through it's underside.

The group continue walking as Rei scouts ahead, with a sigh he reports back to the others. "Look for a key in those vases." He orders.

Oliver sighs glancing down to his sword and shield. "You know, armed with a sword and shield, I've never been more inclined to smash pots in search of a key. Where have I seen that before?"

Scarlet scoffs. !Do we really have to find ANOTHER key?! Ugh... It's gotta be here somewhere..."

"Keep your eyes peeled for a second key!"

The three begin searching for the key in the pots in the area.

"Found something." Rei mutters to himself pulling out another massive chess piece. "Another one?"

Scarlet cheers laughing as she finds the key. "Got it!"

The three join Rei as Scarlet enters the key. Oliver stares on. "Let's see if this works."

Goldie coughs before looking on hopeful. "This looks promising."

Once the door opens they quickly make their way to a small watchtower, they glance around before noticing a dock nearby, and a ship having just arrived.

Rei grabs his binoculars and tries to get a better look. "What are they loading onto that ship? Something's not right."

Scarlet glances around. 'Why is this ship here?"

Oliver's eye's widen. 'A shipping port in forever fall! Who else knows about this...?"

Goldie grabs her earpiece informing Oobleck. "I see a ship with the same symbol as the cargo containers."

"Team... this discovery is a bit unexpected and is worse than I feared. That appears to be an active Merlot Industries ship. But Dr. Merlot hasn't been heard from or seen in ages... I must inform Ozpin at once. Meanwhile, I want you to investigate that ship, but please keep a safe distance."

The team swiftly rush off to try to get to the port, easily dispatching of the Grimm, they instead looking for another key to yet another door, destroy the door. And enter the building the door lef to finding a warehouse full of cages and Grimm remains.

Rei immediately sends what he's seeing to Oobleck. "Dr. Oobleck, do you see this?!"

Oliver scans the area "This temple looks more like a warehouse on the inside."

Scarlet kicks over a cage. "Someone is capturing Grimm in here, but why?"

Rei sighs. 'You know, I thought Professor Port's trophy collection was a bit weird, but this takes things to a whole new level."

Goldie turns to Rei. "Aren't these the same cages we saw in the Emerald Forest?"

Scarlet finds a few papers written on them are notes about a toxic sludge that can enhance Grimm for some kind of mistress. "This is no ordinary temple..."

Rei finds a cage with a baby Beowulf, a small pup. "Someone's been busy collecting grimm." He leaves the cage alone throwing a small piece of food into the cage.

"This temple looks like it's being used as a temporary storage facility - for Grimm of all things! This is quite the discovery!"

The group enter deeper into warehouse like temple and dispatch of a group of roaming Beowulf's, before Rei suddenly vanishes moments later he grows the Beowulf pup at the pack of monsters, that upon the baby landing in one of their hands they quickly run away leaving the team alone.

"Knew it." Rei takes a deep breath, leading the team further once and the others find a large amount of shipping crates.

"Great job! You've made it to the ship. I may need you to get a closer look to see what kind of cargo they're carrying. But, be careful not to be spotted. Who knows what kind of security they have."

The team stealths around for a bit walking behind container after container.

"Check out that open container!" Scarlet says pointing out a single open container.

Rei nods glancing to it. "What's in that container over there?"

Goldie glances to Rei. !Let's sneak over to that container there?" Rei nods.

Oliver sighs. "Cargo is usually in cargo containers, right?"

As the team draw closer to the container Rei is alerted to the crane moving towards their direction.

"Everyone inside." He orders

However in their rush they close the container, before feeling the container be lifted, jostling them around inside it.

"Team?! Where are you? Report in! Students, please!" Oobkeck orders. "Oh dear. Ozpin's not going to be happy about this."

Chapter End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 406 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
11.8K 226 34
After a successful universe save and an accidental universe hop, C wakes up to see a shattered Moon and he just so happens to be surrounded by monste...
8.5K 270 31
RWBY. A world about four amazing girls attending a prestigious academy, who's sole purpose is to train the next Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off...
10.4K 160 27
"I will protect them, no matter what, even if it means burning the entire remnant to the ground, i will protect them, this is a promise" "This is My...