ROMEO

By stfudxryl

Living life in the spotlight had always been hard. Her dad the maker of an app that made billions, yeah you c... More

Copywright
Cast
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Author's Note
16
17
Author's Note
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!

5

132 8 5
By stfudxryl

R.O.M.E.O.

I push the door open, leaving the cafe with Watson. As we start our walk to Home Ec, I notice lots of eyes on me.

"Just don't let them get to you. Fights happen and it's not like this is your first fight. You also had a legitimate reason," Watson says, his hand clapping my shoulder.

"They don't matter," I say with a small smile, adjusting my books in my hand.

Watson nods, his eyes landing on my black notebook. "I thought you left that in class yesterday."

I look down at it, smiling bigger. "Evangeline, gave it to Zach for me."

Watson smirks, pushing the class doors open. "Well, isn't that sweet."

"Shut up," I laugh, flipping him off, before heading to my seat.

Evangeline sits their, nose deep in a large notebook filled with scribbles.

"Hey," I greet, sitting down beside her.

She looks up at me, then back down at her book. "Hey."

I quirk a brow. "Whats in the book?"

She looks back up at me, blue eyes shining. "Recipes. Lot of them."

She then looks back down.

"Thanks for the notebook, by the way," I say, holding up the black book.

She nods into her book. "Yeah, no problem. Sorry I couldn't give it to you myself. Yesterday was just a big day, you know?"

I sigh, shame claiming me. "Sorry, about that. He just said something about my b-"

She looks up from her book, a small smile gracing those wonderful pink lips. "You don't need to explain to me. I was worried yesterday but now I'm fine and you can handle yourself. Obviously."

I smile, flipping open my notebook.

"We can move on."

"Thanks," I say, stealing a peek into her book. "Peanut Butter Chocolate Colossal Cake? That sounds absolutely amazing."

I want a taste of that.

"Yeah, it is." She says, smiling. "So have you thought of any decorating ideas?"

"Well, I was thinking of putting pink on one side and black on the other, leaving the middle an infusion of flavor. Then, I was going to put our names on it but, yours is so long."

"Just shorten it to Eva," She shrugs.

"But Eva is so plain, no offense. Hmmm..." I trail off, thinking of nicknames.

Eva, Eve, Line...

Line? Seriously, Romeo?

Evie...

Evie.

Evie, is so cute.

Then it definitely fits her.

"Evie," I say, writing it down.

She grins, "Evie?"

"You love it, right?"

"It sounds like a baby name and I'm not a baby."

I know.

"I love it. It's your new name, Evie."

"OK, cupcake," She says, smirking.

My eyes widen. "Cupcake?! Why cupcake?"

"You said you love cupcakes... and I have to give you one too," She says, smiling an award winning smile.

"One what? A nickname? Thats not even a decent nickname," I whine, slightly smiling.

"You'll learn to love it," She says, still smiling.

"I guess we're on nickname basis now."

"I guess so."

"I think I'm starting to like it."

She looks at me, dark locks tucked behind her ear. "I knew you would."

I like it more than I thought.

***

"Tell me why we have to meet up with Ding and Dong, again?" Watson asks, earning a glare from Blake.

I chuckle at the nicknames for Blair and Nat, earning a glare from Blake as well.

"Because they said so," Blake grumbles.

Watson groans. "If I wanted to spend free period listening to whining, I would've gone to a daycare."

Blake goes to retort but Blair and Nat spot us from the library entrance. Blake jumps up as Nat runs into his arms, her straight espresso locks, brushing his cheeks.

Blair rolls her eyes, turning to me. "Lovebirds. Makes me sick."

I chuckle, ruffling her curls. "Tell me about it."

"Tell me about it," Watson imitates in a squeaky voice, then scoffs. "Oh, please."

Blair raises her eyebrows, then sits in the chair beside me. "Hi, Watson."

"Hi, Blair!" He chirps over enthusiastically.

She giggles, pulling out her pink music notebook. "We haven't written lyrics in a while. I thought we could pull some inspiration from our friends."

"Friends?" Watson asks, scrunching his nose.

Blair scoffs, ignoring the comment.

I look around the table, analyzing my friends. How am I supposed to pull inspiration from a self obsessed model, flipping through a magazine of himself, or a couple cuddled up reading the school paper?

I don't want to write a love song about Blair. Thats just weird.

Blair breaks me from my reverie and points to the pair. "Thats the new paper she wrote. She was gonna do some boring column about the new girl, but who cares about a new person? I finally convinced her to scrap it. I just care too much about her reputation as a writer, you know?"

I shrug, glancing at the paper. "I don't know, maybe me."

Blair pinches my cheeks, giggling. "Of course you would."

Watson leans forward. "I would've read it for sure. That girl is hot a-"

Blair screeches. "Will you stop being a perv?!"

My faces scrunches up as my ears ring with pain. Poor Blair has no idea how loud she is.

Watson imitates her again, making a pouty face. "Will you stop being annoying?!"

"OK, OK. Stop it guys," I say, starting to feel bad for Blair.

I mean, she was annoying but she wasn't that bad.

Blair just grabs her pencil and starts writing stuff down in her book, all while humming an unfamiliar tune.

My stomach churns with unease as that song gives me all the wrong feels.

It's weird.

I hope she doesn't plan for that to be our opening song.

***

I walk towards my assigned seat, Blair on my heels, spotting Evie in the one beside it. "It's like the universe wants us to sit together."

Evie spins around, smiling. "I think you just like sitting beside me."

"Never said I didn't," I say, sliding into the icy seat. Guess nobody sat here in a while.

We both look up at Blair, who's smiling down at us. "Aww, cute."

Her eye twitches as she walks to her seat in front of us. I hope she's OK.

"Psst," I hear behind me.

I turn around to Alex grinning at us while Malcolm studies some piano notes. "You just gonna act like you didn't see me?"

I smirk, ignoring Alex. "What's up Malcolm?"

"Nothing much," He says, not looking up once.

"Real nice," Alex grumbles, flipping her hair over her porcelain shoulder.

"I see you, Alex."

"Maybe, I wanted a hello like everyone else."

"I didn't even say hello to anyone," I chuckle.

She flips me off, grinning. "Say hello to that."

"Hello Al-"

"Alright class, today were working on lyrics with our desk partners, just like yesterday. I want meaningful lyrics, not ones about twerking, racks of cash, drugs, or anything else of that nature. I want real music, people! Get to work!"

"-exandria..." I finish.

Evie shakes her head, smiling.

"What's so fu-"

Blair whips around with a grin, startling my question away. "Yay Romee! We can work on our lyrics!"

Evie lifts her head and raises one small finger. "Umm, no offense but he's my partner and he already wasn't here yesterday so..."

Blair raises her brows. "So...?"

"We need to focus on our assignment, not a random one," Evie says, opening her notebook and writing 'LYRICS' at the top.

"Our Duo is not ran-"

I hold up a finger to Blair, smiling apologetically, trying to stop her from starting an argument. "She doesn't know about the duo, Blair. She's not being rude. Calm down."

Evie looks up at me with a raised brow, seemingly not even noticing Blair's anger. "Duo?"

"We're a band," Blair says, smiling.

That was fast.

"I have a solution. Me and Evie can work on some lyrics and if they're good, we use them for our band."

Blair glares at me. "Evie? And first of all, you know we can't allow outsiders in the band. He woul--"

I glare at her, not liking where this is going. She didn't need to bring him up.

"I'm sorry, Romee," She apologizes.

I guess she sensed my anger this time. Looking at Evie, I think everyone did.

I look at Evie and sigh. "Maybe we need someone else to come in and help us get our creative juices flowing again."

Blair looks between me and Evie. "I don't think we need anyone, but fine. As long as she doesn't join. It's a duo, sorry Eve."

And with that, she spins around, humming that dreadful tune.

Absolutely dreadful.

***

"OK, so when you get there, you'll see a bunch of paint and shit. Go straight towards that and someone will help you," Alexandria explains to Evie.

"I'm sure she can find her way, Alex. She's not five," Blair says from beside me.

Alexandria glares at Blair, vowing to 'rip out her vocal cords'. Blair just continues humming that tune, ignoring all comments.

Malcolm shake his head. "Women should be lifting each other up, Alex."

Alex laughs, no humor whatsoever. "I'll lift her up and throw that bitch right down a flight of stairs."

I chuckle, gazing back at them. Evie drags behind them, looking deep in thought.

I slow down to her pace, Blair giving me weird stares. "You OK?"

She looks up, looking dazed like she was deep in thought. I look down to her hands and notice she's rubbing a small tattoo on her right pointer finger.

NNJ is surrounded by a butterfly. It looks beautiful at first but then I notice the butterfly has broken wings.

She gives me a sad smile and I immediately know not to ask.

I've worn that smile before.

Too many times.

"Romeo," Blair calls, stopping at the auditorium entrance. "Hannah's in there."

I scowl, picturing the curly haired devil. 130 pounds of evil wrapped in a tight black dress sits at a table full of art supplies, painting away.

"Fucking slut," Blair spits.

I cringe, scrunching my face, at the offensive word. It sounds harsh and menacing coming from Blair's mouth. I think she hates her more than I do and I'm the one who got hurt.

I look around, surprised not see her best friend, Amber, beside her. Guess shes not here.

"I can't believe you ever dated her or her druggie fri-"

I stop her, watching as Evie walks over in her direction. "Let it go."

The two smile at each other and I can't help but feel uneasy. For some reason I don't want Hannah to taint Evie. Like she's black ink bleeding through a white sheet of paper, ruining the rest of the sheets.

Alexandria and Malcolm head in the direction of the performers and I walk with them. I glance back at the two and to my surprise Evie is already staring at me. She smiles at me and waves. I smile back, still feeling bothered. She raises a brow and Hannah frowns at me.

She tells Evie something and they both turn around.

Blair glares in their direction. "Such a whore. Wearing a skin tight dress to school! Who does that?!"

My faces scrunches up once more and a headache simmers in the corner of my skull. "Let's just go."

Blair stomps off, humming her tune.

I run my hands through my hair, calming myself down.

I look one last time in their direction. But this time it wasn't Evie staring at me. It was Hannah and she was smiling, I guess trying to be seductive.

But she couldn't have me before.

She wont have me now.

She had a chance and she blew it.

Evie turns around and tilts her head to the side in confusion. And something about the way she's pouting makes my heart flutter.

I have to get that checked out.

And fast.

A/N: I love Watson.

I just do.

Stay tuned! Uploads are daily around noon!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! If so maybe give me a comment or vote!

*Don't judge a book by its author. Don't judge an author by their book.*

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 196K 59
[ Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction ] !! USED TO BE 'THE PLAYER STOPPED ME FROM JUMPING' !! !! NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON !! __________ Grace Parkinson d...
16.9K 706 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
1.2M 35.5K 28
Evangeline Heart is a twenty year old homeless girl who was been forced out of her orphanage at the age of sixteen. She is a sweet, caring, innocent...
1.4M 28.2K 63
They don't play to win. They play to hurt. Sterling Academy's irresistible reputation all came crashing down last year when a list of the 'top thirty...