Save you (boyxboy) LiLo Payli...

By Lalalaartje

Liam Payne has some saviour issues. Ever since he lost his sister to an overdose, he has a soft spot for drug... More

Chapter one - saviour issues
Chapter two - Cold Turkey
Chapter three - run over by a monster truck
Chapter four - Fresh air
Chapter five - Slipping
Chapter six - Defining
Chapter seven - First date
Chaper eight - Winter wonderland
Chapter nine - Out
Chapter ten - Trust
Chapter eleven - I want to know you
Chapter twelve - Birthday boy
Chapter thirteen - Lovesick puppy
Chapter fifteen - Let me love you
Chapter sixteen - Love me
Chapter Seventeen - meeting the Paynes
Chapter eightteen - The letter
Chapter nineteen - Wait for it...
Chapter Twenty - Back home
Chapter Twenty-one - Date night
Chapter twenty-two - Camping trip
Chapter Twenty-three - Drunk twister
Chapter Twenty-four - Playing a love game
Chapter twenty-five All good things come to an end
Chapter Twenty-six - Hey there stranger
Chapter Twenty-seven - Sunshine, lollypops and rainbows
Chapter Twenty-eight - Phone call
Chapter Twenty-nine - Struggle
Chapter Thirty - Ignorance is bliss
Chapter Thirty-one - Cry me a river
Chapter Thirty-two - Sick toddler
Chapter Thirty-three - New start
Chapter Thirty-four - A surprise party for everyone
Chapter Thirty-five - Holi-holidays
Chapter Thirthy-six - Changes
Chapter Thirty-seven - Stuck in the middle
Chapter thirty-eight - Revisiting the past
Chapter thirty-eight and a half
Chapter Thirty-nine - A very Narry wedding
Chapter Forty - Lilo's happy end
Epilogue

Chapter fourteen - Narry in Paris

22.3K 218 21
By Lalalaartje

Liam's POV

Most of February and March went by in a blur. My days were filled with college, project work since every single one of our teachers seemed to think it was a great idea to give us some stupid project to work on together, and lots and lots of Louis. He was changing shifts every two weeks now, and he seemed to enjoy them both equally. He loved the peace and quietness of the night shifts, and I loved having him at home for most of the day. He would cook for all of us, and our house was never tidier than when he was at home. The day shifts were a good change, supplying him with the social contact he craved after two weeks of working at night. He looked genuinely happy, the only exception was when he was reminded of the situation with his family.

I still planned on finding a way to get them in touch again, but it proved to be rather difficult. I didn't know his mum's address to begin with, and even when I would find out, I could hardly walk up to her door and tell her to call Louis. Niall had suggested to write her a letter, which I finally did, but I still needed the right address to send it to.

As the first of April neared, the Paris fever from our semi-roommates reached new heights. Harry and Niall would go there for 3 days over the Easter holidays. Harry was just over-excited and stuffing their days with all sorts of things he wanted to do and see while they were there, and Niall was fretting about there not being enough time to do all of it. Apparently he had a special evening planned for them, which had to be kept secret from Harry, but he was becoming afraid that Harry wouldn't have time for it.

The first Monday of the holidays, I got up early to say goodbye to them, all of us hoping Louis would make it home on time before their taxi arrived.

It was almost five thirty, so we decided to get their bags downstairs, they had no less than three, for three friggin' days in Paris, leaving us more time to say our goodbyes when Louis finally walked through the front door. He just hugged the both of them and kissed me goodmorning before walking up the stairs, obviously in need of sleep after his night shift.

“Bye Haz, make sure you have some free time too, okay?” I said softly in order not to awake the neighbours while holding him tight before moving on to Niall. “Good luck matey,” I whispered, accompanied with a wink.

“Take care Li, and call me if you need me okay?” his eyes searched for mine before letting go.

“I won't call you on your romantic trip to Paris Niall, I'll be just fine.” I messed up his hair before he pulled me in a hug once again.

“You know what I mean Li. Take care, and it's fine if you need me.” He gave me another knowing look to which I only nodded, letting him know that I indeed knew what he was talking about. I didn't want to elaborate any further, afraid I would lose my composure if I did. Niall opened his mouth again, as if he wanted to say something else, but I was happy to see their taxi pulled up in front. I kissed them both on the cheek before waving them off.

Niall's POV

All the way to the train station, and the first hour of the actual train ride, Harry kept ranting about what he wanted to see in Paris and how he had planned all three of our days there so we could manage all of it.

“Harreeeeeeh!” I whined, right before we would enter the tunnel. “Please shut your pretty mouth and let me sleep a bit before we arrive, or I'll have to spend most of our time there in bed, and your schedule will be completely useless.”

He looked at me, as if he considered what I just said before giving me just a curt nod, and made himself comfortable on the seat to catch some sleep. I turned around, pulled up my hood  so it fell over my eyes, letting my head rest on the window.

We were lucky that Paris was the final destination of our train, because we both woke up only when most people had already left the carriage we were in.

Harry got our bags from the overhead luggage compartment and we made our way through the busy station searching for the underground.

I pulled out my wallet, looking for the Euro's I had gotten at the bank yesterday as we waited in line for the vending machine. We bought us two three-day passes for the underground, as we were advised by the travel guide Harry had read at least 7 times before we left and looked for the right metro-line to take us to our hotel.

It looked nice, better than it had on the pictures I had seen on the internet when I made reservations, so I was relieved we didn't end up in some fishy hotel in an even fishier neighbourhood. We were even extra lucky, because they apparently messed up with some overbooking-stuff, so we got an upgrade to a more luxurious room, which turned out to have a jacuzzi and a shower with multiple shower heads instead of a standard bathroom.

We both took a quick shower, Harry stopping me from turning it into something more by constantly looking at the clock so we wouldn't get behind on our schedule, changed into some lighter clothes since the weather was exceptionally good for April, and lots sunnier than London anyway and left the hotel exactly 30 minutes after our arrival there.

Harry played the 'I'm a tourist'-card very well, as he immediately produced a city map and started staring at it for at least 5 minutes to figure out where we had to go. I had to put an arm around his waist as he started walking to keep him from running into people every 5 seconds.

After a 20 minute walk, we found ourselves at the foot of the Arc de Triomphe. It was magnificent. Below us was the famous Champs Elysée with its shops and herds of shoppers too. I stood still to take in the surroundings, while Harry took out his brand new fancy photo camera to take a million pictures of it. When he was finished, about 10 minutes later, he took my hand and pulled me along with him. His walking speed compared to the one of the fast walkers at the Olympics, if that even is a discipline. I tried to slow him down a bit but he kept on telling me we had a tight schedule to make sure we could do and see everything that we had planned. We. I snorted, but I don't think he even noticed. He had planned the whole trip and just wanted to see as much as possible, and take as many pictures as possible for his photography minor.

On our way to the Place de la Concorde, we passed by a small park, that seemed quiet and nice. I could see a small ice cream stand from where we were walking, and asked Harry if we could go to the park and sit down for a while.

“No Niall! We don't have time for that, and besides, we have more than enough parks like that in London.”

I hated tourist sightseeing Harry. We continued our way down to the Tuileries, another park that obviously wasn't worth slowing down for and finally got to the Louvre. Again, standing in line to get in there would be a waste of time, so when he had taken enough pictures to his liking, we took off to the next thing he wanted to see. I had lost track of what it was, and just walked along with him, giving up on trying to take a look around while we walked. We came to another stop in front of the cathedral, Notre dame de Paris. I decided to walk around a bit while Harry took out his camera once again, trying to take the perfect yet not cliché picture.

“Hey Niall, smile for the picture!” he shouted from a few metres away.

I huffed and produced a fake smile before I heard the familiar click of the shutter. I turned around again and stared at the church in front of me, thinking how I had imagined this trip a whole lot different from what it turned out to be so far.

I felt his strong and warm arms sneak around my waist.

“Hey gorgeous, what's wrong?” he asked softly. It was all I needed to explode completely.

“What's wrong? Are you fucking kidding me Harry?” I yelled, causing him to flinch and take a step backwards. “We've been in Paris for four hours now, and not once have you said anything other than hurry up, we have a tight schedule, and no we don't have time for that. I wanted us to have a romantic trip together, but all this is so far is a stupid tourist trip where you only watch me or anything for that matter through the lens of your camera. I don't even know why you need me here! Maybe I better go back to the hotel so I won't slow you down and I won't mess up your precious schedule.” I didn't even care about the baffled look on his face and started to walk back the way we had come, ignoring the strange looks I received from the people surrounding us.

I had almost reached the corner when I heard him running behind me. What? We've been together for over a year, so yes, I recognise his footsteps without having to turn around. Not long after that, I felt his big hand grip my arm softly.

“Niall, wait. You're right. I'm sorry. This trip should be about us, not about Paris and not about taking pictures for my photography class.”

I turned around to look at him.

“I'm really sorry babe. Can we start over?”

“Yes, if you stop being the obnoxious and over-planning tourist, we can.” I stated, still a bit angry.

“I'll try,” he said, his cheeky smile already taking over his features.

It was absolutely impossible for me to keep my frown on my face when he looked at me like that, so I smiled back, pressing a lingering kiss on his lips.

Harry's POV

I realised Niall was right, this trip should've been about us in the first place, and then it didn't even matter how much of the Parisian tourist attractions we saw, or how many pictures I took for my class.

“So what's next on your list of must see-attractions?” he asked with an innocent face.

“You're evil! And I don't know and I don't care. Why don't we just walk around for a bit and see what we stumble upon on our way?”

“Sounds good, but can we slow down a bit? The Olympics were last summer so it's too late to get a medal anyway.”

“Sure babe.” I smiled at him, getting lost in his bright blue eyes again. I swear I could never ever get enough of them.

“And I want food first, I'm hungry!”

“When are you ever not hungry Niall?” I teased, taking his hand in mine, weaving our fingers together as we took off, looking for a place to eat.

For the rest of the day, we wandered around, strolling through the streets of Paris and soaking up the early spring sun that was surprisingly warm. I hadn't noticed how we got there, but around 6pm we ended up back at our hotel, where Niall ushered me inside to get changed, only telling me to wear something nice but refusing to give me any more details about where we were going.

I stripped down to my boxers, trying to pull Niall close to me to take off his clothes as well. This time it was him who stopped me, telling me we should hurry up because we were on a tight schedule. His eyes glistened with mischief as he did so, I stuck my tongue out at him before taking off my boxers as well and hit the shower.

I didn't really know what to expect, so I took a look at the clothes Niall had laid out for himself before deciding on black tight jeans and a dark grey button up shirt, black converse underneath.

I took a good look around the room, trying to understand what was written in a magazine on one of the night stands while waiting for Niall to finish. I heard the blow dryer turn on, and off again a few minutes later, and when the bathroom door opened again, it revealed my boyfriend, who looked utterly stunning. I felt my heartbeat raise and butterflies erupted in my stomach, making me wonder if I would ever get used to seeing him. He was wearing beige chinos that accentuated his firm bum, a red button up shirt and red converse on his feet.

I whistled under my breath, gathering all my strength not to walk up to him and just tear his clothes off of his hot, toned body. I bit my lip, hardly noticing I had been staring at him for quite a while now.

“Haz, why don't you take a picture, it lasts longer.” he stated, leaning against the door post, a cheeky grin lighting up his face.

“That's actually not a bad idea,” I replied, reaching out for my camera bag.

“Haz! No! We have to go. And the camera stays behind. Come on!” he walked over to the bed I was sitting on, took my hand in his and pulled me out of the room while putting the key card in his front pocket.

After about 10 minutes on the metro, we ended up in front of the stairs leading to the Sacré-Coeur, or that's at least what I remembered from the tourist guide I had read before we came here. Niall bought us a ticket to the train to bring us up, as we were both too lazy and too well dressed to walk up the way-too-many stairs.

Once we got up, we took a minute to take in the view over Paris before Niall took my hand again, pulling me with him through the small streets of Montmartre, finally ending up in front of a small, cosy restaurant.

He turned around to face me. “Now don't laugh at my French, okay, I'm doing the best I can, but I am very aware that I suck at it.”

I only smiled at him, kissing him on the lips again before he opened the door and lead us inside.

A handsome guy in a pretty costume greeted us. “Bonsoir messieurs.”

“Bonsoir, j'avais réservé une table pour Horan” Niall said, with a terribly thick accent, but the waiter seemed to understand anyway. He was probably used to tourists.

“Ah oui, bien sûr, suivez moi, s'il-vous-plait.” he replied, showing us the way to a table in the back. He offered us the menu and left with our drink orders, a bottle of the red house wine.

“How did you know about this place? It's gorgeous!”

“It's where my mum told my dad she was pregnant with me.” he shrugged. “I asked her for a nice restaurant that wasn't to fancy or too expensive, so she came up with this.”

“It's perfect.” I smiled.

Niall took a look at the menu and kept on sighing and muttering. “What's wrong Ni?” I finally asked.

“I don't understand a word out of it! I wouldn't know if they got my order correctly if they set it in front of me. How the hell should I know what all this means? The only thing I understand is spaghetti, and not even the way they serve it.”

I chuckled. “What would you like, fish or meat or pasta?”

“Meat, I guess.”

“And what kind? They have beef, duck, chicken, lamb and pork.”

“Errrr, lamb?”

“Fine, shall we share the lamb roast with rosemary?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Do you want starters first or not?”

He grinned. “No, I want chocolate pie for dessert. It's supposed to be good here!” he said happily.

I smiled back at him, shifting my attention to the waiter when he brought us the wine.

“Avez-vous décidé messieurs?”

“Oui, nous voulons le rôti d'agneau avec des frites, et après le moelleux au chocolat s'il-vous-plait.”

“Bien sûr messieurs.”

“How is your French even that good?” Niall exclaimed, pouting.

“I took a few extra classes in high school, and my father's family used to have a holiday house in the Provence, so we used to go there sometimes when I was younger.” I shrugged.

Dinner turned out to be marvellous, and after we had paid, we decided to stroll around the small streets for a while before taking the metro back.

I was happy when we made it back to our hotel room, so I finally didn't have to resist pulling off all of Niall's clothes. Good thing we weren't at home, because I was pretty sure that ear plugs wouldn't have been enough to block out the sounds we were making that night.

The rest of the two days were filled with more strolling around, a walk in the park ending with a water fight in one of the large fountains, earning us strange looks from the other people around. We couldn't care less though, all that counted was him and me. I took some more pictures, but they all had Niall in them, and I personally thought that they were actually some of my best so far.

When we finally slumped down in our train seats to head back to London, we both were tired, but most of all happy and more in love than ever, if that was even possible.

Yep, another update! I'm not too sure about this chapter, since I'm apparantly not that good at Narry :) Hope you like it anyway.

But, what is up with Liam? Why did Niall tell him to take care? Stay tuned to find out in the next chapter, or maybe the one after that... ;)

Big kiss!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 2.9K 47
It's been almost twenty years since Liam has had contact with Harry, his ex-fiancé. He moved on and had a pretty good life. But one day, he decides...
231K 6.6K 24
I bullied the nerd that was known as 'Freak boy' and other various names, little did I know that that would be my biggest regret...
2.6K 126 11
It's been 3 years. 3 years sense Zayn died. 3 years sense Niall made a promise to Zayn to never let go. "I promise Zayn.." Niall can't wait to die, t...
25K 391 27
How can you lose someone who means literally everything to you, especially when you find out things you wish you knew before anything deepened betwee...