OnuIdu(The Lion King):Period...

Av Hannatullah

"No matter how cold-calculative a man is, there is always a weak spot". In the year 1879, during the pre col... Mer

chapter1
chapter2
chapter3
chapter4
chapter 5
chapter6
chapter8
Chapter9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter7

173 17 4
Av Hannatullah

Almas

I can't understand why am feeling this way, this man ruined my life! Destroyed my kingdom and my parents? I'm not sure if they're alive or dead. I started recalling the conversation I had with The middle aged lady who always attend to me each time I fall sick and I supposed is the doctor. She advised me to be relaxed, she was worried about my condition and she reported that my blood pressure was above the normal level. I laid like a statue throughout when she was examining me. She shake her head and exhaled examining my feelings. Vulnerable was an understatement I can't understand why my life changed this fast, too soon.

The lady cleared her throat and was silent for a while.

"His majesty the king is a kind-hearted man, you know, sometimes bad experiences tends to completely change people's behavior and attitude." She said giving me an assurance smile.

Her words kept on repeating in my head while I was eating the assorted Asir food Iduh king ordered to be prepared in my honor. So cheesy.. Argh stop it! I shake off the silly thought.

He calmly sat on the floor opposite to the couch I'm seated eating. Seems like it's the first time he's tasting Asir meal I guess. I steal glances at him, when I asked him to eat with me at first he hesitated, but now he's fully concentrated swallowing the cassava rolls. I can't help but admire him. His curly short brown hair, each time he stared down at the food his lashes become very obvious, so long and straight like that of a lady. I felt my stomach warm and my chest pounder.

No no I can't think of him like that. He's only deceiving me, right? If he gets what he wants, he'll start showing his monstrous nature again. Besides he killed my parents! He's a beast!!! My inner eyes spat making me tightened my fist in anger. He finished eating and washed his hands. I remained silent while he gave me suspicious look.

"Is everything okay? He politely asked

"I looked away not wanting to set my eyes on him any longer. He's affecting me in ways I do not like, I can't lo- No! Not possible! I rejected the idea that I might care for him.

"Please.. talk to me? He asked worried with his brows frowned.

This is not the time to ask him about my parents, maybe I should get closer to him to extract possible informations I need. I could vividly recall that some guards where shouting "the royal family has been kidnapped!! While I was returning back from the woods during the attack on my kingdom. If he had kidnapped my family, then where are they? What is he keeping me for? Are they also in his huge Efu Ofeh (palace)

"I'm fine". I finally replied. He then relaxed and smiled. MashaAllah! I murmured at the sight of his dimples. I felt my cheeks burning again. He winked at me cos I think he noticed that I've been staring at him. I quickly look anyway feeling ashamed of my unladylike behavior. "Have never been outside your castle before". I said to change the topic. His face scrunch up at my words then he thoughtfully stroke his beard. I wonder if I had said the wrong thing which might upset him cos clearly I'm meant to be his prisoner.

"Alright, I'll take you on a tour. You'll see each and every parts and corners of the castle. He said smiling. My face beamed. Now I'll try my best to know his secret room. There, my family might be kept.

"But before that, you need to wash off. He said and ordered some maids to prepare my bath. I've been thinking of how to tell him I needed a soothing bath. But thank goodness he's been a gentle man. Wait,What?? My conscience questioned my thoughts about him and I took it back. It's all pretends. Don't Fall too deeply. I reminded myself.

••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After the long soothing bath, I returned back to OnuhIduh's chamber. He wasn't there. I quickly ordered a young maid to lock the door cause I needed some privacy.

The second young maid pulled out a deep green gown from a gift box. "My Queen, Onuidu personally ordered this gown to be made by the finest designer in the whole empire for you.

She said handling me the gown and bowing.

So beautiful! Despite the appointments and tons of meetings, he still had time to order a fancy dress for me? Argh! All pretends!

I reassured myself again wearing back my cold heart. I just have to accept it if I want to see what his castle look like, I might possibly find a way to escape. I smiled at the thought of my freedom finally. I signed collecting the deep green beautiful Ukpo gown from the maids's hand.

"Whats your name? I asked the maid who was braiding the tip of my waist length hair.

"My name is Asibi my Queen she quickly replied excitedly.

"And you're? I asked pointing at the other one who handed me the gown.

"My name is Nigo, my Queen she replied excitedly too.

"Beautiful names, I said and smiled at them.

After fitting in the corset, I wore the beautiful gown which rested on my hips perfectly as if it was made mainly for my perfectly shaped body. Asibi covered my head with a rich lemon green Abojima with white pearls on the edge, she put couple of pins to prevent it from falling off. While Nigo made up my face with expensive looking products which am very sure OnuhIduh definitely got them as gifts from one of his numerous trips to the overseas or the imperial masters sent it to him.

I sighed already tired of the whole dressing up process. "Still not done? I ask for the umpteenth time and the two girls said NO in chorus giggling.

Soon they were done. I Just shook my head and demanded for a mirror since they didnt allow me to look at it until they're done. Nigo handed me a medium fancy round mirror, I slowly stared at it hoping they haven't ruined my face with excess products.

I gasped at my reflection in the mirror, I take a closer look at my left and right cheeks in awe. "Wow".

"Do you like it? Do you like it? Asibi ask and squealed.

"Haha,.. lets see.. I said looking so thoughtful. I enjoy them staring at me eagerly waiting for my reply.

"Yes! I finally said . "Yay! They both said as if they've won a trophy. I shook my head and laughed at their childish behavior.

"We shall go and send a message to inform the King that the Queen is ready for her grand palace tour.

"The Queen?'

I felt so uneasy with who I'm being addressed as ever since I came here. Did he lie that I was his wife?

Why this beast playing games with me?? I'm not his Queen!

A part of me agreed fully to that and another part felt slightly sad and wanted to be called his Queen. My face dropped at my own thoughts and I pushed those feelings away.

Whatever happens, happens. I accept it as my fate.

The maids bowed and left to the Unyi Ujeju (private meeting hall where private and political matters are discussed.)

I waited for what seems like forever! I guess OnuhIduh is occupied with some political works or looking for kingdoms to conquer I sarcastically said and rolled my eyes staring at a fancy Gold Eagle wallclock. Everything I've seen so far just in the King's chamber are so fancy and western. I bet he must have had several deals with the British. I can't wait to see the whole castle! I squeal clapping my hands like a child.

About two hours passed and still he isn't back. I began playing with my fingers to keep me distracted but it wasn't helping. My eyes were glued to the door hoping he'll just walk in. This time Im not eager to see the whole castle anymore, this time I'm missing his presence, his face, his strong manly scent although I can still perceive it in the chamber.

Why am I feeling this way?

I wanted him to walk through that door awestruck by my new look. I patiently sat for the maids to finish my makeup just for him to see. Suddenly I realized what I was thinking. I quickly closed my eyes in frustration. Oh Allah what sort of feeling is this? Why this strong emotions for him? Someone I first hated? Why this thoughts about him? Tears started falling from my eyes.

Why is my heart betraying me? Oh Allah! I feel like am betraying my Asir. How can I ever feel like this for a man who singled handedly led Asir to its doomed ?

I heard footsteps outside the chamber. Oh no! My make up! I hurriedly pat my face lightly with my Palm not wanting to ruin whatever nice products the maids have neatly applied on my face.

I composed myself and glanced at the time, it reads 01:45 pm. I can tell time too cause I took mathematics, art and science classes when I was in Asir.

The door opened and came in two guards. OnuhIduh must have sent them to get something for him from his chamber. I became disappointed and silently sighed. I stood up and slowly moved over to the changingroom to remove the heavy gown and get ready for bath.

I suddenly felt strong hands wrapped around my waist. I stilled. And recognize the famous scent. I closed my eyes and inhaled feeling all my worries vanish slowly. The anger and frustration i felt before turned into joy and pleasure I turned around and hugged him so tightly as if he was going back without returning. After a few minutes of deep stillness, I realize what was happening.

No no I can't let him touch me. I break the hug and moved aside. I can't let him use me as he please, he'll use and dump me, he's known to be a chronic womanizer, rumors spread far and wide about his immorality and how he have hundreds of women in his harem but never found any of them worthy of becoming his Queen. Argh That imbecile. It's none of my business anyways, all I know is I wont fall a victim, my reputation too is known far and wide the kingdoms as a pure and highly morally kept woman. We are two very different people.

"Remember I told you I can't be that close to you". I Said in a deadly silent tone. His eyes dropped, he opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. I noticed the sadness in his eyes, but why? Was he still acting up? I cannot tell. His face is unreadable. He quitely turned back going towards the washroom. My heart screamed for him to come back. But I can't stoop so low! He Must prove his worth. But this is too much for me! I closed my eyes searching for peace within my soul.

"You look so beautiful, MashaAllah. He murmured. I froze not knowing what to do or say,should I open my eyes? Should I tell him thank you? Does that sound too desperate? Is he pulling one of his tricks on me? I slowly opened my eyes, I walked a bit closer to him and smiled. I began walking over to the changing room when he gripped my wrist. His touch send waves into my body. I trembled but cautious of my balance, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself cause am just too clumsy to be regarded as a perfect lady. My mother often complain that I'm being influenced by my brothers.

"Please wait" OnuhIduh said still holding my wrist. I twisted my hand and his grip slip off.

"Yes? I said irritated. Each time I stare at him, I see the chronic womanizer attribute in him.

"What about the tour? He grinned . Tour.. Tour... Oh yeah! My perfect opportunity to leave his chamber and master my escape route. I have no choice but to accept this .

"Oh yeah, the tour.. why not. I Said and smiled softly.

I followed him out of his chamber and the guards closed his Golden huge heavy door behind. "This is my personal hallway, this stairs linked my chamber and guest space. He said pointing to a beautiful curve stairs having golden railing and bloody red carpet neatly spread down to the end.

Wow wow this is so beautiful!

We walked to a huge room filled with sofa and seating pillows well arranged and placed in their rightful places beside the sofa, a huge chandelier was placed in the middle of the room. On the left side was a beautiful fine wood shelf filled with huge books and by the right is a bar filled with different types of fancy wines.

During the tour, we encounter so many servants going about with their chores. They'll bow and greet furqan and I quickly and return back to their duties. They all gasped and their eyes sparkles cause that's the first time I'm been seen by so many servants and guards. OnuhIduh kept stealing glances at me, sometimes our eyes meets and sometimes I see him staring at me lustfully from the corner of my eyes. Hours later ,the inside tour was finally over. It consist of almost 200,000 chambers! I'd never seen any castle so big and magnificent like this. Even the kingdoms I've visit on Aechi breaks can't be compared to this master piece.

"So.. what do you think of the throne room? OnuhIduh asking smiling at me with absolute confidence, pride and satisfaction. I looked around, it's magnificent! Perfect throne room. Everything is in the rightful place. I cleared my throat.

"OnuhIduh..

"No please, call me Furqan. He cut me off and said smirking.

Woah! He wants me to call him by his name??? No I can't. No one dares call the King of kings by his name. It's considered as a Taboo in the kingdoms.

"I..I can't." I'm sorry. I quickly replied scared. Why is he so calm and gentle with me? Hes known as the most strongest, and the most powerful king. As the matter of fact, some kingdoms worship him because of his greatness. So, if he's acting this soft, could all the tales about him be falsehood? I shake off the thought and regained my former hatred for him. No matter his greatness he disgusts me! He uses his power for wickedness.

"Even you know you have the most sophisticated and beautiful castle in the whole kingdoms". I said smiling lightly. He nodded his head in approval.

"Thank you my Queen.. tomorrow we shall go to the harem, it's located after the garden." He said pointing towards the huge Window which outside could clearly be seen. There was a high wall separating the garden from the harem. Was I going to live there too in the future?

My Queen? Queen?? Why is he calling me that? Why am I being addressed as a Queen by everyone here??

"OnuhIduh, I'm..

"Furqan". He cut me off and corrected. It felt so heavy for my tongue to pronounce his name. I ignored him and continued anyways.

"I'm not your Queen. I'll never be! I hate you! You can only force me to stay in your castle but you can never ever make me love you!!! Although that is quite impossible, you do not own a heart. How can I love an heartless man? I spat bitterly

He began fuming. Seeing his scary dark gaze which was fixed on me made me shiver in my entire body.

He furiously moved away from me a bit and turned and faced the other side. "Ebule Almas, do you know who I am? Do you know how many states I own?How many kingdoms I have conquered and how many kings surrendered under me? People wait months to meet with me, do you really know who I am? Aren't you scared of me? My powers? Do you know how many women I've been with? Whites and blacks??

That question made me feel a pang in my heart. I was hurting from the inside. Why was he telling me this? Why? To hurt me?

I stilled not saying a word and tried my best to hide my emotions and feelings.

"Count yourself lucky! You're privileged to even step toes into my sleeping chamber. No woman have ever lay in my bed before! You're the first, and you'll be the last". My eyes widen in shock and amazement. What is so special about me? Why is he showing too much emotions? First he called me his Queen, now this??

He stared blankly at me. His eyes filled with deadly calmness. It was too creepy and frightening. I know he just want to make me scared so he could walk over me. No! I wont let that happen.

"OnuhIduh. I silently called him. What is fear without respect? What is royalty without loyalty? Yes, you're known as the most powerful among the rest, but tell me, have that tittle gained you peace? Instead New enemies emerges frequently, putting your entire kingdoms into severe danger! Think!! OnuhIduh, it's not the matter of power but the amount of respect and trust you've achieved. Tell me tell me. Think of your conquered states, are they really under your control because of power and loyalty? No! It's because of fear. And any given chances they get, they'll revolt against you. I inhaled deeply and composed myself cause I've said too much in such a little time.

He look at me like I was some huge book that has to be studied or I was a piece of work. At first, he was fuming with anger and suddenly he calmed down looking so amused. He stared at me from up since he was huge and tall. He stared at my little petite figure laughing silently. Soon the general hurriedly came and whispered something into OnuIdu's ears. He looked alarmed. "I'll be back during dinner. I'll have a servant sent to take you back to my chambers, I have some emergency issues to attend to he said.

I was furious and walked out of his sight.

I stomped into an open room. By the left of the throne room. There were weapons hanging on the walls, swords, helmets and other war equipments. I stared at a familiar helmet and recalled Asir. That was the helmet OnuhIduh wore the day he captured me. I began sobbing out of sadness.

I moved away from there going deeper inside the strange room. I saw a small passage in the room leading to outside. Argh! This is it! Ya Allah! I'll finally be free! I quickly grabbed my gown and folded it to my waist so I could run faster. I looked around making sure no one was there or peeping. When the coast was clear, I sped off outside the castle, I pressed my back close to the wall and move gently. this side of the castle seem empty and quiet, guess it's the back.

Thank goodness. My eyes searched for a way out, I saw a small gate. This is it! I quickly ran to the gate praying it isn't locked. I gently pushed it and it opened. Oh finally!!! I fasten my pace and sped off the castle running down the hills towards the woods and a stream.

Thank you for reading my book!

This book doesn't fully points out the genuine Igala culture. To be honest I don't really know some of the ancient Igala culture which religion might have taken over today.

I'll keep on making researches and inshaAllah I'll showcase lots of ancient practices in the coming chapters.

*:Chief

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

44.5K 7.1K 30
With time and patience, the leaf of the mulberry becomes satin. Zainab Galadima ran to her mother and gave her a prompt hug. She had received an emai...
27K 3.8K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...
75.6K 13.4K 91
"What is your name? " he enquired with a staid expression. Obi's eyes roamed around still trying to ascertain the safety of their current surroundin...
5.4K 1.2K 55
It all started as a little spark in her chest, and then it grew and ignited her whole being with an outburst of emotion. Before she could recollect h...