the opposite of serenity ☀︎

By __plantchild

h a r r y p o t t e r - the riddle era Serenity Thornwell a 5th year accidentally found caught up in... More

Cast ★
「S e r e n i t y」☀︎
Playlist★
「She should have stayed in bed」☀︎
「Head in the clouds」☁︎
「Man on a mission」☀︎
「The sun and the moon」☀︎
「Mr. lonely」☀︎
「a day alone」☁︎
「ρretty and party 」☀︎
「 envy 」☀︎

「Pluviophile」☁︎

73 3 1
By __plantchild

Pluviophile
a lover of rain;someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"If never is forever then let's always be together" one and only -Cuco

.

☀︎

When I woke up it was raining. It stayed like that for the whole morning. Only a short period of time did the rain stop. I started to notice that Autumn was slowly leaving and giving their last kiss goodbyes. While Winter opened the door and got settled, without even saying hello. But today was the transition between the two seasons. I sat on the stone bench in the courtyard, knowing that at any minute it was going to rain. I already felt a few droplets fall on my face. I gathered my things and went into the sheltered hallway. I sat down next to a pillar, resting my back against the rough surface. The rain gently beat the cover above me. I look toward the courtyard; it was as if it was inviting me to step on the soft grass. I put my book down and stepped toward the courtyard.

Once I left the safety of the warmth cover I was welcomed by water droplets hitting my face. It started to rain hard, and in minutes I was completely drenched. I smiled as the cold tears of the sky hit my face. "What are you doing?" I heard someone's cold voice say. I turned around, "Oh hello Tom." His eyes were like silver lighting, quickly surrounding the area. "You didn't answer my question." His low thick voice, but I could barely hear due to the sound of thunder. "I am just enjoying the rain!" I yelled back at him. He fixed his eyes on me instead of the blank space between us. His face softened a bit "You will get sick." He states, I walk toward him. I wipe the water out of my eyes. "Since when did you care about my wellbeing?" I smirk while sticking my hand out. His face hardened at the sound of my question. "I don't." He replied with his voice monotone. "Come on, a little rain won't hurt anyone" Smiling giddily. "No," I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness. "Fine, suite yourself! Be alone, like you usually are!" I say I'm defeat while walking to the other side of the yard. Which was useless since it wasn't that big. I heard a soft wait. It didn't sound like him, but at the same time I just knew it was him. I quickly turned around as if I was a lion listing for my prey. He slowly walked toward me; immediately getting wet. As if the gods dumped gallons of water on him. A soft smile formed. "See? Not that bad?" He inspected my face as if I had turned green. My cheeks reddened out of the cold and embarrassment all together. He smirked "Your nose is pink." He said in a low undertone honey like voice. I suddenly stifled a sneeze. Achoo. Tom looked at me as if he expected it to happen. He sighs "Bless you."

"Come on lets take you to the nurse." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to follow him. I obliged cause I didn't have much of a choice. "Can you not grab my wrist so tight? It's like I'm a prisoner!" I half yelled. My nose was beginning to be runny. He let go of my wrist and quickly turned his head to look away. As if he were embarrassed, a twinge of pain formed in my heart. I didn't like hurting others, no one does. I used my sleeve to wipe my nose. "So where were you going too." I ask breaking the silence. The only thing that could be heard was the pitter-patter of the rain. "I was going to talk to Professor Slughorn." He responds. He seemed closer the usually. 'Great job Serenity!' I mentally slapped myself. My lips formed an o shape, before sneezing again. I didn't hear anything from him. I rolled my eyes offended. "Bless me", I mutter. My wet hair dripping on my shoulders. I glance toward the body walking next to me. I shiver due to the cold breeze combined with my wet clothes. "Are you cold? Cause I sure am." a soft chuckle escapes my lips. It's to lighten the mood I reason. "I bet you still had fun though" I nod while rubbing my arms to warm myself up. The rest of the way was silent.

We pushed open the doors and entered the hospital room. A small petite lady runs up to us in a velvet dress and a white apron over it. Tom flashed a smile "Madam Pomfrey, it seems we have a bit of a situation." He motioned toward me. I made a cheeky smile, "Well whatever is the matter? And goodness gracious why are both your clothes dripping wet!" She exclaims. "Well I was out in the rain and achoo" I wipe my nose using my sleeve again. She places her hand on my face. Her face reads disappointment. "You have a cold." She quickly rushes to a cabinet and grabs a vial. Inside had a murky red color to it, but if you look again it looked blue. She walks up to Tom, but before she could touch his forehead he flinches. "I'm fine Madam Pomfrey." She shakes her head in disbelief. "You are dripping wet too. I have to check if you have a cold." He allows her to touch his forehead. She clicks her tongue "Just as I suspected you have a cold." I chuckle as  he stares in disbelief. "No you must be mistaken." He walks up to her as she gets the white sheet beds ready. "Riddle I have been doing this job since before you were born. I know a common cold when I feel one." He stopped in his tracks. I walk up to the him, "better luck next time." He looks up at me; face full of disgust. He walks away "Can I just drink the vial and go?" He asks, clearly trying to leave. She shakes her head. "I can't have you getting other classmates sick. Don't worry the potion takes only a few hours to kick in full affect." How unfortunate; stuck with Tom Riddle of all people for a few hours again. "Well I don't mind." I chirp while Madam Pomfrey hands me the murky vial. I stare intensely at it deciding if it'll taste good or not. I pop the cork off and chug it down. I feel a cold sludgy liquid go down my throat. My eyes burst open out of pure distaste. I force myself to swallow, "that tasted terrible!" I exclaimed while all of a sudden feeling weak. She looks at me "It doesn't have a taste, and you're lucky I didn't give you the one that brings smoke out your ears." I sigh while lying down on the bed. I noticed the flowers in the vase were wilting and I wondered how come no one changed them. It makes the place seem sad. Tom was next, he gulped down but gave no reaction. I stare at him in disbelief. He must have noticed cause he said "Stop staring, serenity." Flabbergasted I open my mouth to respond. 'You look like a dimwit, at least respond!' I mentally scolded myself. "I wasn't staring" was all that came out. I really just wanted to sleep. I felt like all my energy was sucked out of me. I shiver as I had forgotten that I still have wet clothes on which were becoming uncomfortable by the minute. Madam Pomfrey came up to me, "here is your change of clothes." She smiles a warm smile like I had known her for the longest time. She then walks away, her heels clicking as she takes a step. I prop myself upward which surprisingly took a lot of effort and strength. "I guess we're stuck together" I say directing it to the person in the other bed. "You just had to go into the rain, I told you, would get sick" Tom scolds. I scoff at his statement "Excuse you! But for your information, you went into the rain with me! I didn't force you!" I yell mostly offended but hurt also. I lean on my left shoulder. My eyes all of a sudden feeling heavy. 'I need to stay awake.' I walk to the girl's laboratory to change out of these wet clothes.

After rummaging around Madam Pomfrey's office I came out with a book I found. Tom gave me a look  "It's purely out of curiosity Tom! Plus she's not here so she won't notice!" I found a book titled Advanced Spells. I opened it up hungry for the knowledge it held. I opened to a chapter which had in blue lettering The Patronus Charm. I quickly studied the page. Eating up all the information I could find. But soon I reached the last words of the chapter. I get up and grab my window. Tom sat up at the sudden awareness that I was walking around. "What are you doing?" He asks his voice blooms with curiosity. "Trying something different!" I reply back. Knowing he was watching me made my plans sweaty. I held out my wand 'just chant the words.' I remind myself. "Expecto Patronum!" Instead of a whispy bear appearing, what came out was a complete flop! Barely a wisp of transparent silver sputtered out. I groan out of frustration "You're trying the Patronus Charm? Do you know how difficult that spell is?" He smirked at my poor attempt. Hearing him say that just made me angrier. "I can do it! I know I can! I've done it before! Now wipe that smirk off your face!" I snap back. 'Calm down and breathe. I took deep breaths and cleared my mind. My happiest memory: Well before I got Lucky I would summon my Patronus to make me feel less lonely? It was Christmas and I decided to show it to my family. I remember my dad was wearing an itchy sweater that my mom had knit. In big red lettering, it said Merry Christmas! The smell of eggnog and coffee hung in the air. My mom was wearing a plain blank green t-shirt. My sister was in her pajamas. I remember smiling cause my dad congratulated me. My mom picked me up with joy. I opened my eyes "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" I yell out! Then came out a wispy silver white bear. I smile as the bear sprints towards Tom. He stares I could see a hint of amazement in his face. "See! Told you I could do it!" I say proudly, he nods his head in agreement. I heard a click. I didn't mind it. I walked up to Tom and sit next to him. "You should try or have you done it before oh wise one" He chuckled which caused me to smile. My bear patronus ran around the room. BANG! The bear quickly disappears as soon as I hear the sound. I jump at the sound. I turn my head to find my sister walking with her ditzy friend Venus, with two letters in her hand. Her ponytail swung as she walked toward me. Her blue robes standing out more then anything. "Hey little sis" she says confidently. She looked at Tom then to me, she raised her eyebrow. "Well well what do we have here?"

I look up wide-eyed to my sister. I start to break out in sweats. "Uh hello" I quickly get up from where I was sitting. Arabella grabs my arm and pushes me to the side. "Here." She states while handing me a beige envelope. I grab it, "Well what is it?" I ask. She sighs "Just read it. Now I'll meet you at the library during lunch, cause you'll need my help." Her eyes go up and down with a judging look. "What? What's that supposed to mean? Is this about my clothes!?" I exclaim. My clothing choice wasn't bad, it's just casual! She nods she's always been preaching to me about my clothes. "Are we done now?" I whine with impatience. She rolls her eyes and motions for me to go. My feet drag as I slowly approach Venus. I honestly think that Tom and Venus wouldn't exactly see eye to eye. Venus is an airhead! While Tom was not. They were both Slytherin, but their personalities clash. Arabella follows me and hands the other envelope to Tom. "Here you go kiddo." She says. He looks up with a confused look "Excuse me?" I suddenly wanted to sink into a hole and disappear. "Yeah excuse you," she replies. Before he could respond Venus opened her mouth. "Alright let's go." She nudges at Arabella and they both walk away toward the door. I sigh out of relief that this interaction was finally over. "What was that all about?" I ask while knowing exactly what it was all about. He shrugs "I don't know, or care." Yeesh was my first reaction. "Well, what does the letter say?" I inquire about attempting to change the subject. I look down at the one in my hands, "I don't know." He bites his lips as he opens the envelope with anticipation. "Oh?" His voice was disappointed but at the same time curious. I quickly opened mines up. Ripping the beautiful envelope in the process, inside was a letter that reads:

Dear Thornwell,
I am pleased to tell you that you are invited to this annual party that I host.  You are allowed to bring one person as a date, or just for company. Please dress nice. It will be tomorrow night, in my office. It will start right at eight, we hope you will have a wonderful evening.

-Professor Slughorn

_______________________________

Cliffhanger???
Maybe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 21.5K 37
When Evelyn returned for her Fifth Year at Hogwarts, she expected everything to be the same. But when Dumbledore gives her a task to infiltrate Tom R...
2.7K 54 35
First title: The Riddles What happens when Tom begins to feel weird around his friend in year 4, well aquetence how he prefers to call it, Faith Jone...
387K 10.7K 24
When he started his 6th year at Hogwarts, Tom Marvolo Riddle had viscous plans like no other and nothing stopped him from putting them into action. W...
327K 8.2K 89
~Tom Riddle X Reader Story~ (Y/N) wasn't too excited to start her last year of Hogwarts, she has a hard time getting along with anyone there, especia...