Be Safe (Criminal Minds/Spenc...

By Cocobrist

Spencer races against time to save Amity, but can he save her in more ways than one? I'm no good at summaries... More

TAKEN
DISTRACTIONS
EMOTIONAL INVOLVEMENT
LIVING NIGHTMARE
NO ANSWER
SALVATION (READ WARNING)
OLD PHOTOGRAPHS
ENGLISH MUFFIN
DRINKING CHALLENGE
FIRST KISSES
DISTANCE
HEATING UP
FAIR WARNINGS
SAVING WATER
PHONE CALLS
FIRST DATE
MAKING PLANS
VACATION?
CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS
VEGAS
I LOVE YOU
CARPET PICNIC
"WAS SPENCER JUST DANCING?"
HAPPY NEW YEAR
BIRTHDAY BOY
DREAM HOUSE
"WELL, THAT WAS DIFFERENT"
BUBBLE BATHS
FEELINGS KNOWN
SIR
TEASING
SASS
PIE MASH
PUPPY
KEEPING THINGS
SAYING SORRY
HEADACHES
MAKING FRIENDS
GONE
BROKEN
WATCHING
SHE KNOWS
MEMORIES (read warning)
SUSCEPTIBLE
WINNER
SAFE
WITHDRAWAL
REUNITED
HOME
ADJUSTING
BABY STEPS
ATHENA
THE END
check the one shots

SEEING HOW THINGS GO

9.6K 202 55
By Cocobrist

REID'S POV

Can I just say thank you to everyone who has read this, my number of reads has shot up over the last two days, so cheers! Also, Merry Christmas you gorgeous people.

More Reid kisses, I couldn't resist, I won't even apologise.

Rated M for a reason

Reid slash/lemons

I looked at Amity, sleeping quietly in the back of the taxi. I'd organised a meal with just the team and us afterwards. She had needed a while to compose herself after the funeral, after saying goodbye and thanking each person as they had left. I'd managed to get quite a large part of the Quantico FBI to attend the funeral, I didn't even have to explain much, they knew who she was, the whole state knew who she was. The sole survivor of one of the biggest string of murders Virginia had ever seen.

She looked so much younger as she slept, you couldn't see the pain and hurt in her eyes, pain and hurt you wouldn't expect to see in someone three times her age. She had said she felt like she'd aged ten years over the last few weeks and I hadn't known what to say.

We pulled up outside my house and I paid the driver, getting out and going to Amity's side of the cab. I open the door and pick her up, carrying her small frame with ease. She wraps her arms around my neck, falling back to sleep almost as soon as her head was rested on my shoulder.

I managed to open the door and get inside without much trouble and I go to take her into her room.

"Can I sleep with you in your bed?" she asks, almost inaudibly.

I don't say anything, just take her to my room and lay her on the bed. As I walk back to the hall I can't help but wish I had tidied up this morning.

I go to the kitchen, loosening my tie and chucking it on the couch, followed by my suit jacket.

Working for the FBI I attended a lot of funerals, too many, so I had a lot of funeral suits. I kick my shoes off and unbutton my top button before going into the kitchen and pouring myself a glass of water. I drink it down quickly and then refill it, taking it with me to my room.

The first thing I notice is that she'd turned off all the lights but my bedside lamp, then I noticed her dress on the floor. I look up at her.

She's wearing my t-shirt from last night, it had been on the floor with the laundry I hadn't been bothered to do yet. I turn the top light on low and see she's only wearing my shirt and a pair of blue panties. She's lying with her back to me, the covers kicked off, I try and look away but I can't, her butt is round and perfect. The shirt had ridden up to expose the curve of her waist, for such a small girl her legs seemed endless, smooth and slightly tanned. She was perfect.

I stripped down to my boxers and pulled on some pyjama bottoms and t-shirt then turned the light off. I hesitated before getting in bed with her. I lie on my back and try to not think of the perfect girl lying half naked next to me.

I wake up and it's still dark outside. It takes me a moment to realise Amity's body is pushed right up against me, we're actually spooning. My arm is wrapped around her waist, her back against my chest, that perfect ass against my…

I shake my head clear of the thoughts; I mustn't be having those thoughts about any girl, especially not this tiny person in my bed. She murmurs something in her sleep and wriggles against me before settling back down.

I take the hand that's resting against her stomach, and without being able to stop myself I trace the curve of her waist with my finger. I snatch my hand back and tell myself to stop it. She had said to forget Saturday night, Sunday morning, whatever.

But I couldn't forget, it's all I was thinking about, how her lips felt on mine, her hands running over my body. Those kisses alone had set a fire burning in my stomach, something that no other sexual activity had done before. I close my eyes again, hoping to get back to sleep, but its no use, I'm wide-awake. I untangle myself from Amity and sit up, turning my bedside lamp on. I pick up a book from my draw and begin to read.

I don't realise Amity's awake until she speaks.

"What's the time?" she asks, sleep making her words slurred.

"Four AM, I can't sleep, I can read in the living room if you like."

"No, if you're up, I'm up" she sits up, plumping her pillows and peering at the book I'm reading. "What's that?"

"Macbeth." I say, closing it and putting it back on the bedside table. "I like Shakespeare." I feel myself blush and she smiles.

"So do I, I loved studying him in school. I especially love Lady Macbeth, she's a very misunderstood woman, she is seen as something so unworthy she doesn't even get an actual death scene." She pauses. "Sorry, I'm babbling."

"No, I like when you do, when you're passionate you can't help it, right?" She nods. "What else did you do in school?"

"Lord of the Flies, which, again, I loved, it was so dark, but I can't help but feel the whole tribe of them boys could have handled the situation better. It kind of escalated quickly." I snort with laughter and she catches my eye and laughs too. I listen to her loud, funny laugh and I can't help but laugh more, which in turn sets us both off into fits of giggles. We laugh until our sides ache and we can't breathe.

"I've never heard you laugh like that," She says after the giggles die down. I look at her, opening my mouth to tell her its because I don't think I have ever laughed like that before but I don't.

"I haven't heard you laugh like that either." I reply. She looks down at her hands and I see her start to blink, trying not to cry. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, no, I'm being silly, I just… today has been overwhelming. After what you've done for me Spencer, I can never thank you for giving my parents the send off they deserve, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, I will honestly never be able to repay you." She wipes a tear.

"You don't have to thank me, it was my honour, your parents may be gone Ammy, but you're here they'd be so proud of you for being so strong, your parents raised an amazing daughter, I know that and everyone in that room knew that." I put my fingers under her chin and lift her head to look at me. When her blue eyes meet mine I let go of her chin and brush away the tear that was rolling down her cheek.

She takes my hand in hers and kisses it.

"The shirt looks good by the way." I say after a while of silence.

"Oh gosh, sorry, I woke up needing to get out of that dress but my room was too far. I can go change if you like."

"No, I mean it, it looks good." I say, quickly glancing at her legs. There was something strangely pleasing about her wearing my clothes.

She sits up, grabbing my hand and moving it so that it's wrapped around her. She rests her head on my shoulder. My hand is resting on her hip. One of my fingers is touching her bare skin and it's taking all my strength to not slide my hand under her shirt to feel that soft skin on my fingertips again. She wraps one of her arms around my waist and she does what I've been sitting here trying not to do. Her fingers graze the exposed skin of my hips. I suddenly wish my t-shirt had risen higher.

We sit in silence like that for a while before I move my hand from her hip to touch her hair. I was always amazed at the length and the perfect yet messy curls. She makes a sound that resembled a purr as I play with it. I smile and run my fingers down its length. She closes her eyes for a while, making the odd sound whilst I continue to play with her hair.

"That feels nice," she murmurs. Her fingers are still stroking my hip.

"That feels nice too," I say, gulping far too loudly as her fingers ride higher. She sits up suddenly and looks at me.

"Can I ask you a favour?"

"Sure, anything."

She smiles wryly before shaking her head.

"Could you maybe pretend we're drunk and its Saturday night and kiss me again?" I look at her and feel my eyebrows furrow. "I am feeling pretty shit, and when we kissed I didn't feel shit, so, maybe that would work,"

"You said to forget about it." I remind her, heart beating hard against my ribcage.

"I know, but we'll forget this too, or not, I don't know."

"Are you sure its what you want?" I look at her in the eye and she nods slowly. "Ok." I say in a whisper. A fluttering starts in my stomach as my eyes glance down at her lips. I sit up and take her face gently in my hands and lean forward slowly, placing my lips against hers. I pepper her mouth with kisses before finally placing a long, hard kiss on it. Our lips part and I take her bottom one between mine, pulling at it with my own. Her hand slides up my arm to the back of my neck and mine slide into her hair.

She makes little sounds as our kisses get harder, sounds that make my insides curl and squeeze. Her tongue gently teases my bottom lip and mine comes out to meet it. She grabs my shirt and pulls me down to lie on top of her. My heart feels like it's going to come out of my chest as our lips continue to move against each other.

Her hands slide under my shirt, running up my back. I shiver with pleasure, my breath catching. Amity uses this as a chance to take my bottom lip between her teeth, tugging slightly. I can't stop the moan that escapes me.

I jump back and turn away from her. I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. When I finally look at her again she looks hurt. I suddenly realise she thinks she's done something wrong.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't…" I run my hands through my hair and look away as I say it. "I was getting aroused."

When she doesn't reply I look up and even in the faint glow of my lamp I could see her blush.

"Sorry," she whispers.

"No, I'm sorry. Its just, I don't know what this is." I motion between us two. "I don't know what it is and I don't know how to deal with it or anything."

"I don't know what it is either," she frowns. "But I know I enjoy kissing you, and I know I don't mind if you are excited when you kiss me."

It's my turn to blush again. She grabs my shirt once more and pulls me down with her, her lips finding mine. The moment we kiss I feel myself unravel, I wonder if she feels this same sensation when I kiss her. I'm not Dr Spencer Reid, I'm Spencer, I'm her Spencer.

One of my hands is on her hip and I can't hold back any longer, my fingers slide underneath the shirt the tiniest bit, stroking her skin. When she doesn't protest I can't help but run the palm of my hand over that curve of her waist. She makes that purring sound again but this time its louder, I do it again and she moans into my mouth.

The sound sends a shiver down my spine and I find my mouth slipping from her mouth to her neck, kissing down, nipping at a sensitive piece of skin. A trail of kisses go down to her collarbone where I plant a long kiss before making my way back to her lips.

She whispers my name and I actually feel my cock twitch inside my boxers. I want to hear her say it again. I go back to her neck and bite again and she takes a sharp intake of breath.

"Spencer," she gasps and I sigh with pleasure at hearing it.

"Amity," I gasp, pulling back. I rest my forehead against hers as I try to slow my breathing. "Did I make you feel better?" I grin at her and she returns it, nodding.

I lie back onto the pillows and pull her against my chest. We lie in silence for almost ten minute, but its comfortable.

"That's how I sort of imagines our first kiss." I whispered, then blushed immediately after saying it.

"Mmmmhmm," was all she said. I leant over and turned the lamp off, lying down. Amity was lying on her side facing me so I decide to do the same, being able to faintly make out her face. She reaches up and strokes my face then slides her hand to the back of my neck, pulling me down for a long, sweet kiss before pulling back.

"Goodnight Spencer." She whispers, turning over. I wrap my arm around her and pull her body against mine.

"Night Ammy," and for the first time since I've met her she didn't wake up screaming or in a nightmare, we slept peacefully.

/

The next time I wake up I glance at the time and can't believe it. Its 1PM. I frown, surely my clocks wrong. I walk into the living room and Amity's not there, but the place is spotless. I walk to her room and knock on the door. It opens a second later and she's standing there grinning at me. Her pink hair pulled up into a two topknots on either side of her head, she was wearing high-waisted skinny jeans and another one of her dads shirts tucked into it. I stand awkwardly, not sure what to say after last night.

"Hi there sleepy head, you hungry?" she says, shattering the silence.

"I don't think I've ever slept this late in my entire life." I reply, running a hand through my hair. I glance at her; she's biting her lip. I think back to her biting my lip. We stand in silence at for the first time its really awkward.

"Are you hungry?" she finally repeats.

"Starving," I admit.

"I'll make you food, what do you want?" she squeezes past me and makes her way into the kitchen. I follow her wordlessly. "Bacon sandwich?"

"Yeah, sounds good." I reply. I sit at the breakfast bar and watch her cook in silence. I can't keep my eyes of her behind, the high waist of the jeans accentuating the curve of her hips.

I snap out of my stare as she places a plate of food in front of me. I jump. I thank her and eat the sandwich; she tidies up after herself even though I tell her I'll do it.

"You have to get ready for tomorrow," she says, turning away from me.

I stop eating and look down at my plate. I didn't want to go, I didn't want to leave her. I wanted to stay here and watch films and read books with her.

"Are you sure you're gonna be ok?" I ask for what feels the hundredth time. She pauses before turning around, a smile on her face that didn't quite meet her eyes.

"I'm programming Garcia on your speed dial." I say as I finish the sandwich. She goes to pick up the plate but I grab it first, taking it to the sink and cleaning the dish.

"I'm sorry about last night," she says. I turn and look at her, confused. "I put you in an awkward position and you sort of had to kiss me-"

"Are you saying you think I didn't want last night to happen? Because that's not the case in any way." It's out of my mouth before I can think about it. It hangs in the air between us.

"I don't know what I feel," she says in a quiet voice. "I don't want to start something and it just be this wave of emotions I'm drowning in distorting my view. But what I do know is that you make me feel safe and you make me forget all the bad stuff and I like you a lot and kissing you makes me feel so…" she pauses again. "Alive, yeah, alive."

I don't know what to say. I stand and look at her, trying to search for the right reply. I make her feel safe. She liked me a lot. She likes kissing me, kissing me makes her feel alive. I repeat those things in my head. Over and over.

"Can you say something please?" she says, interrupting my thoughts.

"I like you too and I like kissing you," I say bluntly. She looks at me, waiting to go on. "But I don't want to push you into something you're not ready for or uncomfortable with. All I want is for you to feel safe and happy, this wasn't what I expected when I said for you to come live with me, not that that's a bad thing, it's just so unexpected."

She takes a step towards me, closing the gap. She stands on her tip-toes and plants a quick peck on my lips, so fast I don't get time t react.

"Maybe we should just see what happens," she says. I nod and she smiles before walking to her room.

Even though I take my time to get ready, knowing it's the last decent shower I'll be able to for the next few days, Amity's isn't out of her room yet. I drop myself onto the couch and turn the TV on, but I'm not watching it, I'm thinking about what she said. What exactly had that meant? We should see what happens. Does that mean I can kiss her again, or didn't it?

I don't know how long I was contemplating that sentence before Amity dropped down next to me, making me jump.

"Jheeze, for an FBI agent you scare easily." She said, elbowing me in the ribs.

"No, you just move like a ninja," I reply, elbowing her back.

"That is true." She giggles and leans back on me, resting her head on my shoulder. I hesitate before lifting my arm and placing it around her shoulders, albeit slightly awkwardly. She settles further into me and I relax ever so slightly; I still lick my lips anxiously though.

"What time are you leaving tomorrow?" She looks up at me and I falter, looking into the crystal blue of her eyes, so big and innocent yet so old too.

"The plane is scheduled to leave at 6AM, so I'll leave here before 5."

Her face falls slightly.

"Will you wake me up to say goodbye?" I shake my head. "Why not?"

"Because you need your sleep." She pouts and I can't help but smile as that plump bottom lip juts out even more. I nudge her forehead with my own and she rolls her eyes. I do it again and she looks away from me. I laugh and do it once more, this time she grins at me.

Our faces are inches from each other and I can feel her breath against my lips. We stay stuck in the position for a while before she looks away and I blush, feeling silly for assuming she'd kiss me again. She gets up and says she's going for a cigarette. I open my mouth to tell her that cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable death and disease but she shoots me a look that stops me in my tracks.

/

As I pack my bag Amity is sprawled across my bed in what I now know to be called a 'onesie'. I can she's battling with how tired she was.

"Go to sleep" I say for the third time but she just shakes her head. I roll my eyes and continue to pack. I go into the bathroom, repacking my toiletries bag. When I return to the room Amity is asleep. After I've finished packing I set my alarm and then look at her. She actually looks really adorable in a pink all-in-one. I pull the covers over her, turn the light off and slide into bed. Without even opening her eyes she reaches behind her, grabbing my arm and pulling it over her, shuffling her body back against me until we were spooning again.

"Wake me up in the morning." She whispers.

"No," I reply before tightening my arm around her and falling asleep.

It feels like no time at all before my alarm is going off. I switch it off quickly, hoping Amity didn't wake up, before jumping out of bed and getting ready.

Once I'm already to go I look down at her sleeping form and I'm so very tempted to climb back into bed with her and tell everyone I'm too ill to go to work. When I realise what I'm thinking I'm shocked, I lie to be able to work, not to prevent it. I know its time to go.

I lean down and press my lips to her forehead. I feel her stir but before I can pull back she puts an arm around my neck and sleepily kisses my mouth.

"Be safe." She says before rolling over and going back to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 2.9K 18
Tšš šš˜ ššššžššššŽššœ, šš˜šš—ššŽ šššš’šš›šš• š™¹ššžššœšš šš›ššŽššŠšš.
1.6M 52.6K 67
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
433K 9.7K 16
She was the light, no longer glowing ever since she was demoted to an Omega after an incident. Betrayed by her sister and disowned by her father, she...
199K 5.7K 48
Book #2 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #2 in Italianamerican 2022 #14 in Graphic 2022 #1 in Arguing 2023 #2 in Controlli...