Growing in Power (Highschool...

By alphafox270

Power is the one thing to corrupt everyone's minds: it's what most villains crave in a hero film, either that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 2

7.8K 153 137
By alphafox270

(3rd Person)

(Y/N): No.

Ravel instantly blinked in surprise while losing her composure, (Y/N) continued to sit on the sofa seat next to Asia, although his composure seemed calm, his face could easily show how annoyed he became from the Phenex's so-called demand.

Ravel: W-what!? But! You must! It's...

(Y/N): Before you say anything about a code of honour or something like that, forget it, I'm not going to waste my time looking after countless devil girls who have all pissed me off in their own way, the biggest reason being you guys worked for the prick who killed almost all my friends years ago. How's it fair to push something like that onto me? You should know by now that I absolutely despise devils, and you all despise me for killing your turkey of a master. Best case scenario: I murder you all in your sleep.

Everyone went silent at that, not even Sirzechs dared to put forth his opinion at the current tense situation, then, without another word: (Y/N) grabbed the bag by the side of the sofa and stood up heading for the door.

(Y/N): Better catch up you too, I don't want to be late and since Kalawarner knows us on a personal level, she'll know just how to punish us.

Ravel: W-wait!

But (Y/N) had already slammed the front door shut without even glancing the blonde-haired devil's way. As soon as he left... Ravel Phenex collapsed to her knees, hyperventilating from the amount of panic and sorrow building up inside her.

Sirzechs: Ravel?

Ravel: He, he doesn't understand, that jerk!

Rias: What doesn't he understand?

Ravel: There... there can be no one else, he has to be the king of the peerage. Only (Y/N)...

Everyone saw that there was a story to be told behind Ravel's demands. Sirzechs allowed Rias and Asia to leave for school and he stayed behind willing to hear about the Phenex's troubles... and the problems of Riser's evil deed being revealed to the whole world.

(Timeskip)

The class was nothing to worry about: no new lessons, no interesting students signing up to be a part of the school. It was just a normal day at school... Well apart from when Issei suddenly bolted out of the classroom clutching his arm. Most of the females and some males just rolled their eyes thinking the obvious solution, but someone with a supernatural sense like (Y/N) knew it was his dragon arm acting up.

(Y/N): Tch, he must feel like an absolute idiot: he sacrificed his arm to Ddraig so he could gain control of the balance breaker of the boosted gear, however since (Y/N) killed Riser before he could arrive, making his deal with his gear worthless... for that incident, what he doesn't realise is by having the arm of a dragon now he can become stronger than before.

And with that final thought, school was finally over, (Y/N) stood up with his bag swung over his shoulder, he gave a nod of farewell to Kalawarner then waited patiently outside for Asia. She only took about thirty seconds making him smile warmly at her when she appeared, Asia instantly returned it despite (Y/N)'s attitude from this morning. She knew that even though (Y/N) wasn't the best of people personality wise, he was someone who cares deeply for everyone he cared about, it was just hard for him to show it.

The two made their way to the location that (Y/N) was talked into going to, a place worse than hell, but perhaps not the worse place to go yet... Issei's house. When they arrived they were greeted by Issei himself, explaining that his mother was home and he didn't want her being involved with the supernatural, currently (Y/N) was sitting next to Asia while the rest of ORC were sitting around him.

The order went like this: three sofas: Rias sitting next to him who was between Rias and Asia, Issei was sitting by his lonesome while Koneko, Kiba and Akeno sat on the same sofa showing just how much the club distrusted Issei compared to everyone else... heck they even trusted the one who's most likely going to kill them all more than him... talk about taking a shot to the pride.

Rias: Right, so counting up the amount of contracts we've received, I can easily tell you, that Akeno is the one with the most and Issei is the one with the least. I believe that we should all be rewarded for our hard work, therefore...

Akeno: I think I'll take my reward now! (Y/N)!!!~

Akeno leapt across the sofa trying to get at (Y/N) who scowled at the attempt, without any warning he reached behind the sofa he was sitting on. To everyone's surprise, (Y/N) pulled a baseball bat out from behind the sofa and whacked Akeno across the face, everyone could hear the sickening crack as Akeno went flying into the wall, her whole upper torso being stuck in the wall followed by muffled talking.

Issei: What?

Rias: She said and I quote "I love my reward! Best one yet!~".

(Y/N): Try that shit one more time, and I'll shove the bat straight up your ass, you might even get splinters in your mouth from how far it'll be shoved up there.

Akeno's response was her legs kicking, trying to push herself out of the wall, most likely wanting (Y/N) to follow through with his threat, before anything else could happen however, Issei's mother walked through the door, she was a woman in her fourties at least, her hair a long dark brown that extended to her back while holding a book in hand.

Mrs Hyoudou: It's lovely that you've made so many friends Issei, so I decided to get your baby pictures out!

Issei: Mom no!!

(Y/N): Oh, this'll be the perfect blackmail material.

Asia: (Y/N)!!!

(Y/N): Ok, ok, didn't wanna see them anyway.

With a giggle, all the girls, even Akeno who pushed herself out gathered around to point at every picture in the book, even the ones of Issei being naked in the bathtub, that one almost made (Y/N) vomit his own insides when he heard the girls cooing over his baby photos, then, (Y/N) sensed an unnatural amount of bloodlust coming from someone in the room.

Kiba: Issei, do you know who this is in the picture, or the sword?

Issei: Huh? That's a friend I had a long time ago, can't remember their name though, and the sword? I think it was a family heirloom?

Kiba hid his anger from almost everyone, (Y/N) was the only exception since only he has felt that anger before... he knows it whenever it pops up on a person's face. He could instantly tell that Kiba was feeling anger, either towards the kid in the photo with a younger Issei, or the sword.

(Y/N): Kiba.

His voice surprised everyone as (Y/N) had been quiet up till now, they saw he had stood up with his arms crossed, before (Y/N) motioned with his head to follow him, Kiba was hesitant but one good glare from (Y/N) basically dared him to defy the evil energy user. With a quiet gulp of nervousness, Kiba followed (Y/N) through the front door of the house and straight outside.

It had gotten dark outside and Kiba grew even more nervous once they were fully outside since (Y/N) turned to face him. It's not (Y/N)'s fault entirely: his usual scowl is just really intimidating, especially since Kiba knows (Y/N) wants to one day kill every devil that ever existed in this world.

(Y/N): Right, I know that whenever someone acts like me, they must have a pretty strong hate cause as you know: no one can ever hate something as much as I hate devils, so tell me... what's turning you into a devil version of me?

Kiba:... That sword...

(Y/N): Exaclibur?

Kiba: How did you...?

(Y/N): Funny enough Kiba, when you're trying to kill all devils like I am you tend to do research, one was on a particular sword that devils shiver just to be near. Funny thing is, your hatred for this sword is much bigger than any devil should normally have, I can only assume that you had a personal experience with it that involved friends, family or innocents.

Kiba: Since when did you get so good at reading people?

(Y/N): I grew up, living in a world that's out to kill you is probably the only reason why I'm as strong as I am right now. Now Kiba, as much as I want you to follow your instinct and get revenge, I'm going to have stop you right now.

Kiba: What!? Why!? Out of all people you should understand the most!

(Y/N): And I do, only difference is: my goal isn't suicidal, I can take on every devil no sweat once I've mastered evil energy, however what you're going after is something that has an unbelievably massive advantage over devils, you try to take down that sword you'll succeed in bringing my goal closer to reality.

Kiba: I understand the risks...

(Y/N): But you don't understand the impact.

Kiba looked up at (Y/N), confused as to why the one person he thought he'd get the most support out of for this revenge and hatred actually telling him the opposite, he could see there was no hint of his usual malice in his eyes, no sign of detest for him. He was being one hundred percent real with Kiba right now.

(Y/N): The difference between you and I, is that out of everyone in this world I only have one who'd care about my death: Asia, and I can safely pass on when both my goal and Asia is safe in this world, however... you have the peerage you're a part of. Plus, out of the entirety of ORC, you and Koneko are the only ones I respect so it'd affect me in some way too.

The blonde devil instantly went wide-eyed at hearing those words come out of the devil hater's mouth, but just before he could get a word in, he saw (Y/N) start to walk away from Issei's home, but now before waving farewell without turning around.

(Y/N): Don't turn into me Kiba... it's not a happy road to go down.

And with that, the human had left the devil speechless and a head full of conflicting thoughts about this revenge filled grudge, then he remembered he had to tell Rias whenever (Y/N) sneaked out of the room or whenever they were supposed to spend 'quality time' together... damn Kiba, you traitor.

(With (Y/N))

He wasn't stupid, (Y/N) left for a real reason. He could easily feel the familiar presence, one that made him sick for what he did to Asia.

(Y/N): What is it, Freed?

The psycho priest walked out of the alleyway, his smirk on his face while wielding a sword that was new but familiar to (Y/N). He knew the design of the sword... he just got done talking about it with Kiba too.

Freed: Well, getting a bit friendly with the enemy aren't ya boss?

(Y/N): You lost the right to treat me like an ally when you touched Asia, you vile bastard, you really believe...

Freed: Ah come on now... even if I give you some fake locations, I'm still loyal to you boss, I promise! Raynare just forced me, threatened my life if I got you anywhere further with your goal, but now that you've killed her, I can go back to listening to the real boss: you! And boy, do I have something to tell you!

(Y/N): Unless it involves either finding the deity relics, or destroying all devils, you're not going to convince me psycho Freed.

Freed: Don't worry boss, it's a way to get rid of devils for sure! My new fake boss...

(Y/N): New fake boss?

Freed: Right! You'll always by my real boss! No matter how many I work for, you're the only true boss, boss!

(Y/N) crossed his arms, growing impatient with Freed's talking. Either he tells him the plan in 10 words or less, or he's out of there.

Freed: New fake boss will start a war with all species!

(Y/N): All species?

Freed: All of them!

Freed failed to notice the palm of evil energy (Y/N) was building right in front of him.

(Y/N): All species, including humans?

He went wide-eyed when hearing his 'boss' say that and instantly chuckled in nervousness, backing away from the crackling black and red electricity in (Y/N)'s hand.

Freed: No! No! No! I worded that wrong! We're making the war between the three factions! And if this succeeds, we can cut down on the amount of devils...

(Y/N) chucked the ball at Freed who gasped in fear as the evil energy ball was literally floating right beside his head, close to lodging into his ear which would cause quite the damage.

(Y/N): Let's get one thing straight Freed: I don't want to destroy the devils while they're down, as much as an advantage that would be. I want to show them all my power, even if you found a plan to kill them all, I'd never approve without me being the one to kill them, I don't work with others anymore Freed, so tell this 'fake new boss' of yours that even though I hate devils, I don't want to break into a war with all three factions, that's suicidal even for someone like me.

Freed nodded obedinately before collapsing to his knees at the close call with (Y/N)'s evil energy, (Y/N) turned to walk down the road, only to stop yet again and mention something to Freed, once again without turning to face who he was talking to.

(Y/N): And Freed?

Freed: Y-yes boss?

(Y/N): I'm going to kill that fake boss of yours, mostly because he's going to ruin my goal. And when I do kill him, I'm taking whatever pieces of exaclibur you possess, got it?

Freed: Y-y-yes boss...

(Timeskip)

As soon as (Y/N) walked through the door, he was greeted with the same snotty Phenex who was here this morning, he scoffed and was about to give her his thoughts... until her voice caught him off guard.

Ravel: Please... just listen...

Quiet... desperate, anguish, and some other emotion (Y/N) couldn't recognise, she was completely different than this morning, and (Y/N) furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at it... and that may be the reason as to why he allowed Ravel to sit on the sofa across from him, arms crossed with his usual scowl on his face.

(Y/N): Well Ravel Phenex, why don't you tell me why it is you're so desperate all of a sudden to have me as the king piece?

Ravel:.... Well... It started after you both exposed and murdered Riser...

To be continued...

(A/N): Man, I'm so going to love writing what I have in store for volume 2. Spoiler alert: I'm changing how the story of the original show goes, greatly... so if you're one of those people who like to be a part of the storyline instead of having your own... this isn't the book for you, sorry :P. Anyways, as always: thank you all so much for the support and eat one or more brownies every day!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 3.6K 27
Y/n L/n was treated like the scourge of his world, and all because he lacks any superpower or super abilities. His parents abandoned him, people beat...
10.7K 274 17
!THIS IS A REWRITE OF MY ORIGINAL BOOK AND JJK CROSSOVER! Y/N was born to the Gojo Clan but unware of his powers as his parents wanted him to live a...
48K 1.5K 31
Y/n was a normal teenager boy, however he never had the hopes of becoming a hero because he believed his quirk wasn't that strong. But that didn't st...
64.5K 754 22
Y/N L/N has always wanted to be a hero but sadly he was born without a Sacred Gear, Quirk, Semblance, Magic or any other kind of power. Because of hi...