In Love with a Married Woman...

By BJGnovellas

Loving someone that could have been yours is heartbreaking. Trying to let them go though is even more soul cr... More

Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
Epilogue

8

651 31 26
By BJGnovellas

Enjoy! P.S. thank you spokensins for the bomb ass poem! 😘

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Opening her eyes slowly Avery groaned in pain. Looking around she noticed that she was in a hospital room and Chris was seated in the chair next to her bed. He was sleeping soundly.

She tried opening her mouth to speak, but her throat was dry. Coughing slightly she closed her eyes momentarily before opening them to see Chris wake up.

Once he did his eyes landed on her, surprised to see her awake. Moving closer to the bed he grabbed her hand.

"Hey you alright? You scared the hell out of all of us," Chris said.

Avery didn't reply she just put her hand on her throat. As a response he grabbed the water bottle from off of the table and gave it to her. Opening the bottled water Avery chugged it back like it was her last time drinking water.

Taking the empty bottle Chris threw it in the trash before coming back to Avery's side.

"Chris what happened. I just remember being in my office. Everything after that is a blur," Avery said her voice still a little scratchy.

"You came into class. You seemed to be okay at first, but suddenly you just stopped talking. You stumbled slightly grabbing into your desk. You said you were okay, but then you passed out," Chris explained.

"What did the doctor say," Avery asked.

"Nothing yet. They wanted you to get some rest first. Also, I called Timothy. He's stuck in traffic, but he's on his way," Chris replied.

Avery's eyes widened in shock, "You called him? Did he freak out? Did he say some things?"

Chris chuckled at how worried she was, "At first yes, but once I went off on his ass and let him know that we are just friends he shut up. I still want to punch him one good time though."

Smiling slightly Avery shook her head, "Violence doesn't solve anything. Also, we're just friends? Where did that come from? Last time I checked..."

Chris playfully rolled his eyes, "Well I actually have a girlfriend now. Her name is Robyn. I talked to her about our situation, without disclosing who you are, and she gave me some really good advice."

Finding amusement in how he suddenly started blushing Avery tilted her head, "And what exactly is this advice?"

"She said that maybe three years ago we might've loved each other, but after all that's happened it's just not the same. She said that we needed to talk it out to figure out what we wanted to do. Meaning if we wanted to be together, or go our separate ways and remain platonically friends," he answered.

Avery made a face of approval, "Smart girl. I like her and I haven't even met her."

"Yeah, yeah , yeah. Let me go get the doctor for you."

With that Chris left out of the room leaving Avery to her thoughts. Tears started to form in her eyes as she thought about the argument that she had with Tegan.

She felt utterly stupid and like shit. She really didn't mean for everything to go the way it did. She hadn't expected for her husband and her to make up the way they did. She should've never accepted Tegan's offer for drinks that night. Maybe things would be totally different.

Hearing Chris and the doctor enter she quickly wiped the tears off her face. She didn't need Chris asking questions.

"Good evening Mrs. Jean I'm Doctor Frier. How are you feeling," the doctor asked.

Avery's eyes widened briefly taking in the man. He resembled Tegan just a little bit, but not a lot. Their smiles though were the same. It was like their smiles could light up the night sky brighter than the moon.

Chris eyes Avery weirdly as she stared at the man. He'd ask her about it later.

Clearing her throat she smiled slightly, "Okay I guess. What's wrong with me?"

The doctor nodded as he flipped a few pages on the clipboard.

"Your blood pressure was extremely high that caused you to pass out. There's also something else that has come to my att-"

The doctor was interrupted by Timothy coming g into the room. Nodding his head towards Chris he rushed to Avery's side.

She smiled brightly as he kissed her head before taking a seat next to her on the hospital bed.

"Sorry about that James. This is my wife it's nice to see you doing good man ," Timothy said as they shook hands.

"Thanks man and no problem, I was just about to tell your wife the good news," the doctor smiled.

"Wait you know each other, what good news," Avery questioned.

"Yes, we met each other in college. We're fraternity brothers. As for the good news, you're three weeks pregnant. That's part of the reason why your blood pressure spiked the way it did. Has something been stressing you out lately," he explained.

Avery froze for a few seconds before shaking her head, "...no, now that I think about it. Nothing has really been stressing me out."

Studying her further Chris knew she was lying.

"We're going to have a baby though...that's amazing," Avery added hugging Timothy tightly.

"I know baby and we're going to do everything to make sure you have a healthy pregnancy," Timothy replied as he pulled away to peck her lips.

"Well I'll leave you all to it. It was nice seeing you again man. Congratulations! I even have two twin girls of my own," James said shaking Timothy's hand once again.

"Hold on man give me a sec...babe I'm going to go catch up with him for a minute, and get your check out papers so we can go home," Timothy said kissing her on the lips once more before leaving out with James.

"Okay tell me," Chris said making her jump.

She had literally forgot he was in the room.

"What," Avery asked.

"Really Avery we're going to play this clueless game shit," Chris said.

"No, I'm really clueless about what you're asking," she replied seriously.

"You clearly lied about not being stressed out. Now since I know you better than anyone else tell me the truth," Chris said taking a seat back in the chair.

"Oh..."

Chris chuckled, " Yeah ohh. Now who was it Avery?"

Sighing Avery placed her hands over her face before she started to cry. Chris wasn't fazed by her crying. He believed it was something she needed.

Getting up from the chair he sat on the hospital bed.

"I messed up. I broke her heart Chris," Avery sobbed.

His eyes widened at her confession.

"Avery do you love her," he asked removing her hands from her face,

"I...I do. I do love her, but I love Timothy too," she replied looking into his eyes.

"Well let me ask you this. Can you imagining yourself living without her? Can you bear the thought of someone else loving her," he questioned.

"I can't...I cant live without her, but I'm no good for her Chris. Look at all the chaos I've caused. She deserves someone better than me," Avery replied.

"It seems you have it already figured out, but you're not listening to your heart. You have the answer, but you're not listening," Chris said kissing her forehead before standing.

"Thank you Chris," Avery replied.

"You now you'll always have a place in my heart Avery, and congratulations on the new bundle of joy," Chris replied before leaving as Timothy entered.

They shook hands and exchanged words before Chris completely left and Timothy gave Avery the check out papers to sign.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Avery sat in the living room watching TV eating a bowl of popcorn. Timothy has end up getting called into work, so here she was sitting by herself as her thoughts consumed her. She really wasn't paying attention to the new episode of Greenleaf, because Tegan seemed to cloud her mind pushing everything else to the side.

Hearing loud knocking on her door she jumped. Getting up slowly she made her way towards the door. Looking through the peephole she saw Tegan standing there.

Quickly opening the door Avery stood there shocked looking at a drunk, stumbling Tegan.

"Tegan what are you doing," Avery asked.

Trying to stand straight Tegan answered,"Is your husband here?"

"What? No he's at work. Tegan come inside. You don't need to drive back home like this," Avery said as she pulled Tegan inside.

Bringing her into the kitchen Avery sat her down in a chair. Going to the refrigerator, Avery grabbed a bottle of water, opening it and bringing over to Tegan.

Taking a swig of it Tegan put it down on the table.

"Tegan...I'm so s-"

Closing her eyes in pain, Tegan shook her head, "Don't Avery, please.

Letting it go Avery nodded as she help the other woman to her feet and brought her to a guest room to get some rest. After getting Tegan changed and into bed, Avery sat on the bed stroking her hair softly as Tegan stared at her blankly.

"I really am sorry Tegan," she whispered before standing to go to the door.

But before she could leave Tegan began to speak, "I watched as you walked out of my home at 2 am, you were never allowed to stay. Your husband just didn't allow your schedule to be flexible in that way. As much as I would like to say something, I knew it would only piss you off. You would simply turn around, look me up and down, and as you left I'd hear a scoff. Did I mean anything to you? Because I would make this earth move for you. You are my soul, you are my breath, after all my bad days you are all I have left. And you knew that. Maybe that's why I am nothing but a appetizer in your eyes. And I knew you would get mad when you realized... that you couldn't even keep us apart, you just were unorganized. See, when you left at 2, you didn't know that earlier at 12 I had sat down, and put it together. The world is huge, but this city seems so small, tell your husband that I'm your boss— Will he ever put that together at all? I'm exhausted, in smaller words, tired. So would it be so wrong if I go to work and tell you that you're fired? You'd be outta luck then, realize it was me, come back asking please. I'd like to see you beg, it made me feel superior to know that you needed me. I wanted to watch him cry, watch slowly as his happiness would decrease. So I came to your house, and if anyone else would have opened the door they'd see your boss, you? Oh, you saw your side piece."

As a tear slipped from her eye Avery closed the door. What could she say to that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 248 30
Why did you have to leave me ..
44.6K 1.7K 40
When two high-profiled singers come out of bad relationships, they find comfort in each other's arms. However, due to their statuses, they decide to...
2.7M 71.6K 55
He broke the girl who loved him more than she loved herself.
1.1K 113 19
"You broke my heart.... now regret in your tears bitch"....