Flashpoint (Season 2) #Wattys...

By Angela_Tillson

(Book 2) Alexandria Parker, also known as Alex is the daughter of Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU. The Strat... More

Chapter 1: Eagle Two
Chapter 2: Backwards Day
Chapter 3: Between Heartbeats
Chapter 4: Business as Usual
Chapter 5: Clean Hands
Chapter 6: The Perfect Family
Chapter 7: The Perfect Storm
Chapter 8: One Wrong Move
Chapter 9: Never Let You Down
Chapter 10: Custody
*Authors Note*
Chapter 12: You Think You Know Someone
Chapter 13: Behind The Blue Line

Chapter 11: The Farm

798 15 2
By Angela_Tillson

Wordy walks into the gym at the SRU Headquarters and notices Spike punches the punching bag harder then he has ever seen him hit it before. "You break that bag, they don't give us another one" Wordy explains with a bit of a snicker. "You know what? I'm just a little frustrated. Is that okay?" Spike asks annoyed as he stops punching the bag to look up at Wordy, noticing him raising his hands in the air. "Woah, no need to bite my head off. I was just joking around" Wordy protests, backing slowly away from him. Spike sighs and looks over his shoulder into the conference room to see Alex and Greg talking about something. Alex then looks up at him and shows a small, but forced smile and Spike looks away, not being able to look at her after what happened.

He still couldn't believe that she would keep it a secret from him, even though she wasn't even pregnant. It just makes him wonder what it would have been like if she was.

"Clark's beating me up. He wants to go to a party. I won't let him go. It's just a hassle" Eddie explains to Wordy as he walks away from Spike. "What's the big deal?" Wordy asks confused, watching Eddie sit up and place the weights back on the floor. "I'll tell you what the big deal is, there's no parental supervision" Eddie states. "Ah, parents are away, kid takes advantage?" Wordy smiles and Eddie nods his head. "You're telling me you never went to a party like that when you were Clark's age?" Wordy laughs as he reaches a hand out to help Eddie stand up. "Why do you think I don't want him to go?" Eddie smiles patting Wordy on the shoulder as a thank you. "No offence, Ed, but your kid plays the cello. I don't know how much trouble he's really gonna get into" Wordy jokes beginning to walk away. "Funny...Very funny" Eddie yells and is suddenly interrupted by the sound of Winnie's voice on the PA.

"Team One, hot call! Hostage situation! Gas station. Five eighty two Brock Road!" she informs and Team One stop everything they are doing and runs towards the large garage.

They all put on their uniforms and are about to jump into the SUVs but Spike freezes, noticing that he was about to jump into the SUV with Alex. "Spike! Lets go!" Alex yells but Spike stops and turns to Sam's SUV behind them and notices Jules looking at him. Jules notices what he wants to do and nods her head annoyed as they both run and switch places. "So I'm guessing that he is still pissed at you" Jules sighs as she closes the door and Alex puts the SUV in drive. "Oh yeah! Is he ever" Alex informs. "Pissed about what?" Leah then asks making Jules and Alex both look at her, now realizing that she was sitting in the back seat. "Jesus, Leah" Alex breaths.  "Nothing important" Jules lies and Alex continues to quickly drives out of the garage behind her dad.

Team One drives through the busy streets of the city avoiding all the other cars on the road and speeding through intersections, as the sirens echo around them.

Once they arrive at the gas station they see Police Officers talking and people starting to gather around to see what the commotion was about. "Alright, Leah, Wordy, cover the exits. We need a hard perimeter on this" Eddie demands as the Team go into the trunks of their vehicles and grab their guns. "Copy that!" both of them say as Leah follows behind Wordy who holds the shield. "Sam, let me know how many hostages we got in there" Eddie then demands again looking at the small old building in front of him. "We might be able to get a snake cam in through the garage" Spike advises and Sam runs off. "I'm on it" he states quickly. "Okay, Spike, get the truck" Eddie yells turning to look at him and nods his head slightly. "Copy that." Spike says.

"How many subjects did you say?" Greg asks a First Responder who was a female Police Officer with her hair in a messy bun. "Just one. A woman. At least one hostage. Maybe more" she explains. "You have any contact with her?" Greg then questions looking back at her and she slowly shakes her head. "She started screaming at us to go away, waving the gun around. Seems unstable" she advised. "Who called 911?" Alex asks curiously as she walks towards them looking down at the tablet in her hands, and the Police Officer lifts her arm up and points at a man across the street. "Okay, thanks a lot. Lets go, Alex" Greg says as Alex hands him the tablet, before they both turn and walk across the street towards the man who looked a little worried and afraid.

"Hello, sir. You call 911?" Greg questions reaching his hand out for the man to shake, and he did. "Yes, sir, I did" the man replies. "What did she seem like when you talked to her?" Alex asks crossing her arms over her chest. "Oh, she was scared. Kind of jumpy" the man informs as he looks back across the street at the Gas Station. "Which car was hers?" Greg questions as he looks back at the cars near the pumps. "The red one" the man says pointing at the small red one in the front, closest to the door. "Please, stay right there" Alex says pointing at the guy and he nods his head as she then turns and walks behind her father back across the street.

"Eddie we're coming back in" Greg advises and they both see Eddie turn around slightly and look at them holding his gun up towards the small Convince Store. "Looks like the plates have expired" Alex states leaning against the back of one of the small Police Cars as her dad comes up and leans down next to her. "Yeah, like um...fifteen years ago" Greg says sarcastically making Alex laugh. "Spike, I need you to run some plates. Tango - Three -Uniform - Zulu - Niner - Seven - Niner" Greg says loudly and clearly through the headset as Spike types the license plate onto the computer. "Copy that" Spike says and Alex's smile slowly fades hearing his voice in her earpiece.

Wordy and Leah head towards the back of the building and look at the rear door, noticing a lock on the outside. "Well she can't get out this way. Rear door secure" Leah states.

Greg and Alex head inside the Command Truck and Alex feels the butterflies in her stomach as Spike looks over at her and then quickly back at his computer screen. "Alex, I'm gonna go try and make contact you stay here and give Spike a hand. I'll let you know if I need your help" Greg quickly says and then walks towards the door. "Boss, I don't need-" Spike begins to say, but the door shuts before he could finish his sentence.

Both him and Alex sigh in unison as she sits on one of the chairs is the back of the truck staying out of his way. "You know it wasn't meant to end up like this" Alex finally finds the courage to speak and Spike looks over at her with an upset look on his face. "I would hope not. But, it did" he says bluntly and then looks back at the computer screen. "Spike-" Alex begins to say but she is quickly cut off. "Alex! I have a job to do and you are not really helping me right now" Spike explains, in a louder tone then he meant it to be, and Alex quickly shuts her mouth and presses her lips into a thin line.

"I'm talking to the lady in the store who's in charge right now. This is the Police Strategic Response Unit. I'll be calling the store phone shortly. I need you to pick it up" Greg announces through the mega phone as he stands behind one of the Cop cars. He dials the number and holds the phone up to his ear, hearing it ring. After a few rings he finally hears a panicked voice. "Go away!" a female voice screams, scared. "How're you doing? My name is Greg Parker. Can you tell me your name?" Greg asks waiting for an answer, but nothing comes through. So he asks another question. "Can you tell me how many people you have in there with you?" "Three" the female voice says and he smiles slightly, knowing that she was still there. "That's good. How are they? Are they okay?" Greg continues slowly. "Yes" she simply answers, her voice sounding fragile. "I'm glad to hear that. Now, I wanna make sure that everyone in there comes out safely, and that includes you" Greg informs as he paces back and forth outside. "Then stay away and let me go!" the woman screams annoyed. "Well, I just want to help you" Greg explains calmly. "You're a cop" the woman advises hesitantly. "That's right" Greg admits. "So tell me why I should trust you!" the woman snaps and hangs up the phone. Greg closes his eyes taking a deep breath looking back towards the Command Truck.

"Hey, Spike, you run those plates yet?" Greg questions. "Car is registered to a Rachel Simpson" Spike responds quickly. "You got a photo?" Eddie then asks. "Sending it to you now" Spike informs as he hits a few buttons on his keyboard.

Jules looks behind her and waves towards the Cop standing with the man who called, signalling them to come towards her. As they both approach her, Jules holds up her phone. "Mr. Milroy? Is that the woman?" she questions as she shows him a picture of a woman with long brown hair and he nods his head. "She's older than that, but that's, yeah, definitely her" he answers and she shows him a small smile. "Thank you" Jules says as the Officer then escorts Mr. Milroy back behind the police tape.

"Boss?" Alex says through the headset as she looks at a screen on the opposite side of the truck, away from Spike. "Go ahead, Alex" Greg's voice says. "Address on the licence is her parent's place in forest hill. They still live there" Alex informs. "What's an uptown girl doing robbing a gas station?" he asks confused. "And driving an old beater?" Alex adds with a slight chuckle. "Okay, go talk to the parents, see what you can find out" Greg informs and Alex grabs her vest on the back of her chair and smiles. "On it!" she says quickly heading towards the door to the Command Truck, but stops when she hears Spike's voice. "Alex!" he quickly shouts and she looks towards him with hope in her eyes, but he just stares at her looking like he forgot what he was going to say. "Never mind. Just be careful" he sighs and looks back at his computer screen. "Always am" Alex whispers sadly and she notices him nod his head slightly. She then turns and leaves the Command Truck, walking towards her SUV parked not far away from it.

"How are you doing, Eddie? You got eyes yet?" Greg asks as he waves towards Alex as she speeds by. "Boss, we're working on it. Sam, what do we got?" Eddie asks. "Almost there" Sam replies as he pushes the snake cam into a vent that leads into the store. "We've got eyes" Sam finally says proudly looking down at the little screen in front of him.

***

"We have to go down there, try to talk to her" Rachel's mother panics as Alex stands in front of her holding open her notepad to write down information. "She hasn't talked to us in fifteen years. You think she wants to start now?" the father says sarcastically as he stands beside the mother with his arms crossed over his chest. "Where's she been living all this time?" Alex asks curiously looking at the mother who was almost in tears. "A place called The Farm" she answers quickly looking at Alex. "The rehab facility? Does she have an addiction problem?" Alex questions continuing to write down notes. "Rachel started drinking when she was fourteen. By the time she turned sixteen, she'd moved on to cocaine" Rachel's father answers emotionless. "Was it your idea for her to go to rehab?" Alex then asks and the father closes his eyes sighing and the mother looks at Alex panicked. "I came home one afternoon and found her passed out on the floor. I tried to wake her, but I couldn't. I was so scared" the mother confesses and Alex nods her head slowly.

***

Greg looks over Spikes shoulder in the Command Truck at the video of Rachel inside the store with the hostages. "Okay, subject is armed with what looks like a...three eighty?" Greg questions looking down at Spike and he nods his head. "Yeah," Spike says. "Three hostages. Two adults, one little girl. So far, they look unharmed" Greg states clearly through the headset. "Rachel Simpson's as clean as a whistle. No criminal record" Spike informs typing away on his computer. 

"She been the victim of a crime?" Eddie questions as he stands outside with his gun held up towards the front door of the store. "Nothing's coming up" Spike answers. "So what's her problem with cops?" Sam asks confused through the headset.  "We could be dealing with some kind of Paranoid Disorder" Greg advises sitting down in one of the chairs next to Spike. "Let's hope she doesn't think the hostages are out to get her, too," Wordy says as he and Leah continue looking around slowly. "I don't think she sees them as the enemy" Greg answers watching the video in front of him. "What is our tactical options?" He then asks curiously.

"Explosive entry through the door?" Leah questions, giving an idea. "Can't take the chance of setting Rachel off, not with that little girl in there" Eddie protests quickly. "Okay, let me work on that" Greg says calmly reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone, dialling a number and holding it up to his ear.

"I told you, if you want this to end, you have to leave!" Greg hears Rachel's panicked and frustrated voice on the other end. "I can't do that, Rachel," Greg says, and then there is a slight pause. Quietness takes over the phone until Rachel speaks again. "How do you know my name?" She asks confused in almost a whisper. "Rachel, listen to me. You want to get out of there, I want to help you do that. But first, you have to let these people go" Greg advises slowly as he continues to watch the video in the Command Truck. "You're just trying to get me to open the door so you can shoot me," Rachel says, starting to panic again as she paces around in the small store. "No...no. I give you my word, Rachel, that's not gonna happen. Okay, you don't want to let everybody go, how about you let the mom and the little girl go?" Greg asks waiting for an answer and suddenly he hears Rachel sigh. "Alright" she finally says. "Thank you, Rachel. Thank you. Okay, here's what's gonna happen next: I'm gonna have one of my men waiting near the front door, but he's not there to hurt you. He's there to help the woman and the child get to safety" Greg explains calmly and slowly watching Rachel carefully on the screen. "Okay" she says and then hangs up the phone looking over towards the mother and daughter sitting on the floor next to the cashier.

***

"The farm was supposed to be a really good facility, all about living off the land and getting back to nature" Rachel's father explains as the three of them sit down in the living room, of their house. "Rachel get clean?" Alex asks curiously looking up at the father. "Yes, but then she wouldn't come home," the mother said as a tear fell from her eye and rolled down her cheek. "And then we found out that she and Charles had gotten married" the father then adds as he places a hand on his wife's back for comfort. "Who's Charles?" Alex questions. "Charles Stewart. He runs the farm" he answers and Alex writes it into her notepad. "Do you have his number? I need to talk to him" Alex asks. "Charles doesn't have a phone. He doesn't want any contact with the outside world" Rachel's mother says as she wipes her eyes with a tissue and Alex nods her head. 

"Right. I did hear that the facility is very secretive" Alex says slowly. "He wouldn't even let us talk to our own daughter. A friend of ours is a cop. We brought him back there with us, see if he could intimidate Charles into letting us see Rachel" the father then explains and Alex looks up at him interested. "Did it work?" She asks curiously. "She said that we were a negative influence on her life and that she never wanted to see us again" the father answers looking down at the floor. "Charles had already turned her against us" the mother adds as she wipes more tears.

Alex writes down some more notes until she hears the father's voice, causing her to look up. "Sargent Parker, Charles has got a real hold on our daughter. Now, if she's robbing a gas station, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one behind it" the father warns and Alex nods her head. "Okay" she simply says and looks back down at her notes.

***

"The farm? Didn't the police investigate that place a couple years ago?" Eddie asks confused. "Yeah, but no charges were laid" Greg advises quickly. "Okay, I'm gonna head over there and see if I can talk to Charles Stewart. Maybe he can tell us why Rachel's doing this" Alex states through the headset as she climbs into her SUV parked out front Rachel's parent's house. "Alex, send me the address, Jules and I will meet you there" Eddie states looking over at Jules to see her nod her head in agreement. "Sam, I'm gonna put you in charge of tactical. Be ready with entry options in case negotiations fail" Eddie then adds as he runs towards the SUV. "Alright, you got it" Sam shouts and looks towards Wordy and motions for him to follow.

In the Command Truck Greg and Spike watch as Rachel holds the gun up towards the mothers back and leads her and her daughter towards the door. "Go slowly towards the door" Rachel demands as she walks behind them looking a bit panicked. "It's okay, sweetie," the mother's voice says as she holds her five-year-old daughter close to her.

"She's getting ready to come out" Spike advises as Greg leaves the Command Truck and spots Wordy with a shield near the front door. "Everyone maintain position" Greg advises holding up his hand.

The door opens slowly and Wordy peeks around the shield to see the little girl step out with dry tears on her cheeks. "Go sweetie" the mother's voice cries and she lightly and gently pushes her daughter out of the door. "It's okay, honey, grab my hand. Come towards me" Wordy says softly holding his hand out and watches as the little girl reach for it and grab hold. Wordy pulls her behind the shield and holds her near him watching as the mother steps out of the shop with Rachel not far behind her.

"No, you have to come back in!" Rachel suddenly says as she begins to panic from all the Cops standing around. "Rachel...Rachel, it's okay" Greg says but his voice couldn't be heard over the screaming of both Rachel and the mother who was now getting pulled back inside the store.

Wordy steps closer towards Rachel pulling the woman towards him, and lightly hits Rachel away with the shield causing her to let go and run back inside the store, slamming the door.

Spike watches the video on the screen as Rachel kicks things to the ground and paces back and forth holding her gun with both hands. Greg walks into the truck and stands behind Spike, watching as she moves towards the store cashier and holds her gun towards him and he begs her not to shoot him. "How do I get out?" she screams. "I don't know!" he cries as he covers his face with his hands scared. "I gotta get out of here!" Rachel screams and turns around quickly pushing over a magazine stand as tears fall from her eyes in frustration. "She's completely shutting down" Greg sighs as he watches the video with Spike in the command truck.

***

Alex leans against the side of her SUV in the middle of nowhere, as she notices her fathers SUV speed up and stop right behind hers. Jules and Eddie jump out and look past Alex and towards the large tall wire fence with a large gate blocking any cars from continuing. "Well, it's definitely isolated" Alex states as Eddie and Jules walk towards her. "I'd say" Jules states as they continue to walk closer towards the gate.

They all notice a teenage boy crossing the dirt road and Eddie was the first one to speak. "Hey, buddy!" He yells and the boy looks at him afraid and begins to run back into the thick wall of trees. "Hey!" Eddie yells again and then looks down at Alex and Jules confused. "Is it something you said?" Jules questions confused. "He's got a way with teenagers" Alex smirks and Eddie gently hits her on the arm as her and Jules laugh as well. "Rude" Eddie states with a smile. "But true" Alex smiles looking at him.

The three of them walk closer towards the fence and they could see all the workers from the farm doing their chores. "An electric fence? Pretty serious about keeping people out" Jules says as she spots the sign a few steps away. "Or keeping people in" Alex whispers looking towards her and Jules looks at her with wide eyes as they all turn to walk away.  "This is private property" a male voice speaks causing the three officers to turn around and walk back towards the gate to see the teenage boy standing beside an older male.

"Sir, I'm Ed Lane. This is Jules Callaghan and Sargent Alex Parker. We're with the Police" Eddie states looking at the man with his hair neatly back and his glasses just resting on his nose. "Are you Charles Stewart?" Alex asks curiously. "What is this about?" the man asks not answering the question. "Mr. Stewart, your wife robbed a gas station this morning. She's holding three people hostage" Jules explains and the smile slowly fades from Charles' face.

The teenage boy takes a step forward with an angry look on his face. "My mother would never do something like that," he says and Charles holds his arms out to stop him from walking closer. "Isaac" he then whispers and the teenage boy steps back. "She's your mother?" Alex asks shocked, and the boy nods his head slowly. "Mr. Stewart, if you can just open the gate here, we need to talk to you about Rachel" Eddie states looking at Charles and spots a slight nod of his head.

Charles looks over at his son and smiles. "Isaac," he says and Isaac quickly turns around heading towards the power box for the fence and Charles looks through the many keys for the right one. "I'd prefer if you left your weapons outside" Charles then states looking back up at the three of them and Alex slowly shakes her head with a little smile. "That's against regulations. We're just here to talk, sir" she states.

***

Alex, Eddie, and Jules follow Isaac and Charles down the dirt road passing by workers along their way. "So, you had no idea your wife left the farm this morning?" Eddie questions looking over at Charles who was walking beside him. "Not at all. Is Rachel okay? She hasn't hurt anyone, has she?" Charles asks with a worried tone in his voice. "No, she hasn't, but we need your help so that we can keep everybody safe" Jules states as Charles stops walking and turns to face Isaac placing his hand on his left shoulder. "Isaac go finish your chores, then work on your book report" he demanded softly and Isaac nods his head. "Yes sir," he says and walks away from the group.

"Sir, do you know why Rachel is doing this?" Jules asks curiously and Charles turns back around shrugging his shoulders. Alex steps in front of Eddie and stands right in front of Charles giving him a slight smirk. "Mr. Stewart, if you know anything, you need to tell us" she demands a little louder as workers start to look towards him and Charles looks around panicked.

Charles then places a hand on the back of Alex's shoulder and starts to walk again pushing her gently to start walking as well. "Uh...Rachel hasn't been herself lately. She's been moody, distant. I'm worried she's gone back to her old ways" Charles admits. "You think she's using again?" Eddie questions confused. "I don't know how else to explain her behaviour. Bring her back here. She needs help. This is the best place for her" Charles says quickly stopping once again along the dirt path. Alex looks around and then back at Charles. "Mr. Stewart, I've never seen a rehab facility with an electric fence before" she states and Charles looks at her with no emotion on his face. "The world's a dangerous place. I do whatever I can to keep people safe" he says without looking away from Alex and Eddie slowly steps between them.

"Okay, we're gonna need to talk to some of Rachel's friends here" Eddie advises. "These people, they're recovering addicts. I'm sure you can appreciate how upsetting it might be to be interrogated by the police" Charles protests calmly. "Look, I understand that, but right now, sir, we need to do everything that we can to make sure that Rachel and everybody else gets out safely" Eddie continues and then is interrupted by another male voice. "Charles" the voice calls and Alex peeks out from behind Eddie curiously. "What is it, James?" Charles asks looking behind him at the man standing not that far from him. "I need to speak with you" James informs and Charles turns back to us and notices Alex's curiosity, but doesn't say anything. "Excuse me a moment" Charles smiles a wicked grin before turning around to walk away and Eddie turns around to face Jules and Alex.

"Okay, what's going on there, Alex? What's the situation?" Greg's voice then asks through the headset and Eddie looks down at Alex as she watches Charles walk away. "Alex?" Eddie then asks, letting her know to speak. "I'm telling you, Boss. This guy's hiding something. This place just does not seem right at all" Alex explains looking around at everyone working. "Okay, you keep looking. We've got Rachel here. Feels like she's shutting down. I think she might be using again. We can't take that chance, so...We need to go tactical" Greg advises as he looks down at Spike in the Command Truck. "How do you want to go in?" Spike questions looking up at him.

***

Wordy throws a smoke bomb in through the front window of the store and hears a slight scream come from inside. He then throws a ball with bright flashes of light going off and kicks the door open with Leah and Sam following behind him. "Police! Drop your weapon! Drop your weapon!" they all yell before Sam tackles Rachel to the floor with Wordy standing behind him as Leah helps the cashier outside. "No!" Rachel screams as Sam holds her hands behind her back and cuffs them. "Please let me go!" She screams again scared.

Sam lifts her up to her feet and begins to walk outside but she fights to try to push him back. "No! Let me go!" Rachel screams. "It's gonna be okay!" Sam argues "Stop! have to go back! I have to save my son!" Rachel screams and Greg walk towards her. "What's wrong with your son?" he asks worriedly. "Just let me go! Please" she begs still trying to fight against Sam's grip. "If your son's in trouble, Rachel, you can tell us" Greg informs and Rachel quickly shakes her head. "I can't" she protests. "Yes you can," Greg says. "You can try."

Rachel looks towards the ground and stops fighting. "He's gonna kill everybody" she then says. "Who? Who's gonna kill everybody" Greg asks quickly. "Charles! I have to go back!" Rachel then screams fighting against Sam grip again before remembering the handcuffs on her wrists, causing her to stop. Greg looks up at Sam a little shocked and then back at Rachel. "Please. I have to save my son....Please!" Rachel begs as Greg stands there thinking about his next move.

***

"Guys, watch your back. If Rachel's story checks out, Charles may be planning a mass murder there today" Greg informs through the headset as Alex, Eddie, and Jules walk the grounds of the farm, but stop and look at eachother once they hear his words.

"Spike, what do we know about Charles Stewart?" Greg then asks. "Ex-Heroin addict. Did some time for possession when he was eighteen. Looks like he got clean. Started up the farm about twenty years ago. About eight years ago, a woman named Linda Gase went into the farm for treatment. Her husband claimed that Charles was keeping her there against her will" Spike explained. "Gave the police probable cause to search the place," Jules says. "They raided the farm in the middle of the night, they turned it upside-Down" Spike continues. "That'd explain the animosity toward the cops" Eddie adds looking around to make sure no one was listening. "And they find no weapons and no evidence of criminal activity" Spike finishes through the headset and Eddie nods his head. "We'll track her down, see what we can find out" Eddie says.

***

Eddie and Alex stand behind Jules as she sits down in front of a woman sorting a basket of laundry. "Mrs. Gase, Rachel is in a lot of trouble. If you know anything, please tell us" Jules begs looking at the woman across from her. "Rachel would never go back to using drugs. She wouldn't do that to Isaac" Linda explains calmly. "Was she upset about anything? Problems in the marriage?" Alex then steps in looking down at Linda. "She and Charles haven't been getting along lately" she answers quickly. "Do you know why?" Eddie questions curiously. "She doesn't appreciate him. A man like Charles deserves better than that" Linda says in a jealous tone and Alex snickers. "Wow, sounds like you're very fond of him" Alex smiles and watches Linda look up at her with a glare.

"Before I met Charles, I was hooked on meth. Charles saved my life. He saved all of us" she explains looking around everyone working.  "He's a hero and I owe him everything" Linda then finishes and folds another shirt from the pile of clothes. 

"Your husband believed you were being kept here against your will" Eddie then adds making Linda look back up at him with a small smile and she shakes her head. "He couldn't understand why I didn't want to leave. This is my home now, it the only place I can be safe" Linda says almost in a whisper. "Okay, thank you. Excuse me" Alex says with a slight smile as she turns to walk towards Isaac who was working in the fields. "How long have you lived here?" Jules asks looking back at Linda. "Eight years" she answers.

Alex walks towards Isaac and watches as he swings and chops a piece of wood. "You're pretty good with that ax" Alex jokes and Isaac shakes his head. "She never should've left the farm. It's too dangerous out there" he mumbles chopping another piece of wood, making pieces fly in every direction. "Your father tell you that?" Alex questions already knowing the answer. "He knows what's best for us" Isaac answers quietly.

Alex then looks around and notice a lot of other kids doing chores, then looks back at Isaac. "Let me ask you something. You and the other kids, you go school around here?" Alex asks making Isaac looks up at her and nod his head. "My father teaches us, here at the farm," he says. "So what, you never leave?" Alex questions adding in a little laugh. "No need" Isaac says before turning around, and continuing with his chore.

Alex looks down at the pile of books laying on one of the tables and reaches down grabbing the book on top. "Huck Finn. A pretty good book, right?" Alex asks. "Yeah" Isaac answers and Alex looks up at him shocked. "What do you mean, yeah? Two guys going down the Mississippi on a raft. Pretty exciting stuff, right?" Alex then questions placing the book back down. "I guess" Isaac shrugs turning back around to face her. "You ever think about doing anything like that? Getting out there, exploring?" Alex smiles, crossing her arms over her chest. "I have everything I need right here. Why would I ever want to leave?" Isaac questions making Alex even more shocked by his answer.

***

"Boss, Charles has taught them to fear everything outside the farm. His own son's never been off the property" Alex explains into the headset as her, Eddie, and Jules stand away from the groups of people. "Yeah, you should hear how they talk about this guy, Charles. They're totally devoted to him" Jules states. "This is sounding like a cult mentality," Greg's voice says through the headset. "The people that come here, they are desperate, and they give themselves over mind, body, and spirit," Eddie says. "And trade one dependency for another" Greg adds. "And to maintain control, he convinces them that this is the only safe place" Alex advises. "Okay well, just take a look around, see what you can find" Greg suggests before turning back around to face Rachel.

"I needed money and gas, and then I was gonna go back and get Isaac" Rachel confesses. "You should've gone to the police" Sam advises shocked looking down at her. "I know you think we're the bad guys, but it's Charles who's threatening to kill all those people, including your son" Greg explains and Rachel shakes her head not wanting to believe it. "No" she cries. "Come on. Let me help you. I can't do that until you start trusting me. Please" Greg begs calmly.

***

"Okay, so I think our best plan is to set up a sniper somewhere where it won't be seen. But, not because we are planning to shoot anyone" Alex explains to Jules as they both approach the SUV outside of the fence. "Yeah, it would give us a better look at the area" Jules agrees. "Exactly," Alex says leaning against her car as Jules walks towards Eddie's and opens the trunk to grab her stuff. "Where did Eddie say he was heading?" Alex then questions looking back down towards the farm. "He said he was gonna go look around the buildings. See what he could find" Jules answers. "Oh, okay. So, I will go look around the grounds while you set up. You will be my eyes. Got it?" Alex explains as Jules walks towards her with a duffle bag on her shoulder. "Copy that, Sarge" Jules smiles.

Eddie walks into a barn filled with stacks of hay, holding his gun up slightly just in case it needed to be used. As he walked slowly through the doors he could hear the old wood creaking under his shoes before suddenly hearing a gun click behind him and he quickly turns around to see James standing there holding a gun towards him. Eddie watches him carefully as he steadies his breath, having more control on his gun. "Drop your weapon" James demands and Eddie could see him shaking as he stood outside the door. "Safety's on there, James. And this is an mp5 submachine gun. Fires eight hundred rounds per minute, four hundred meters per second. So, unless you want a demonstration, I suggest you drop your weapon and we can talk about this" Eddie explains without moving a muscle in his body. 

He then hears footsteps coming up beside him and he turns his eyes slightly to see Isaac standing there pointing another gun in his direction. "My father was right. You can't be trusted" Isaac hisses as he walks closer towards Eddie. "Isaac, that's not true. We're here to help you" Eddie advises not taking his eyes off of James. "You're lying," Isaac says in a low tone. "Isaac! Put the gun down, Isaac!" Eddie yells. "You first! Put it down!" Isaac yells back and Eddie sighs knowing that he was outnumbered. "Okay" he states defeated and slowly lowers his gun to the floor until it was out of his hands. "Put your hands behind your head!" James then yells walking towards Eddie, as he obeys placing his hands behind his head and turning around slowly.

Alex waits in front of one of the small cottages as Jules sets up the sniper. "Anything yet Jules?" Alex asks impatiently tapping her foot on the ground. "Uhm...nope" Jules answers back sarcastically until she looks through the target and spots Eddie walking out of the barn with James and Isaac following behind him with their guns up and she gasps shocked. "Sarge, we got a problem" Jules states and Alex looks around panicked but doesn't see anything but trees. "What's going on, Jules?" Greg questions curiously through the headset. "They got Ed. Isaac and one of Charles' men took him at gunpoint" Jules explains and Alex begins to walk slowly away from the cottage.

"Where are you now? Where's Alex?" Greg then asks a little worried. "I'm still in the perimeter" Jules states. "I'm gonna go after him" Alex then says with a little bit of anger in her tone. "Alex, you should wait for backup" Spike quickly says. "Spike's right, Alex. They're probably already looking for you. Just stay out of sight. We're on our way" Greg explains and Alex sighs as she knows that it would be better. "Copy that" she simply says and walks back towards the cottage.

"They wouldn't kidnap a cop unless something serious was going down," Sam says in a quiet tone looking over at Wordy. "Okay, Team One, listen up. We assume that all radio contact has been compromised. From here on out, cell phones only" Greg announces and then turns to look at Rachel as he sits next to her in the back seat of the SUV. "Rachel, if I'm gonna have any chance of stopping Charles from doing anything stupid, you need to tell me everything you know about him. Like, do you have any idea why he would wanna do this?" Greg says a little bit frustrated. "I heard him saying something about voice's guiding him" Rachel admits. "Voice's? What do they tell him?" Greg asks. "That death is the only thing that will keep his people safe" Rachel says. "And how often does he hear them?" Greg then questions. "Only one other time as far as I know. When Charles was in his twenties, he...he almost died of a heroin overdose. When he came to, he said the voices saved him. Told him he needed to get clean, help others do the same" Rachel explains calmly looking over at Greg. 

"So, he believes the only way to do that is by isolating them from the outside world?" he asks confused. "It wasn't always like that. People would get clean, they used to leave" Rachel sighs. "What changed?"  "About seven years ago, he helped a guy named Gary kick his cocaine habit. He went home, but after a few months, he started using again. He died of an overdose" Rachel admits and lowers her head. "That's when the fences went up?" Greg questions and Rachel nods her head. "Charles was afraid that if anyone left the farm, they would end up like Gary. He became more and more paranoid. Bought guns, wouldn't let anyone in, or out" Rachel explains as she looks out the window. "What makes a man like that go from wanting to keep people everyone safe to wanting to kill them all?" Greg questions curiously.

***

Eddie sat tied up in a dark room, which looked to be a small office space of some sort, as Charles sits behind the desk in front of him.  "Thank you, James" Charles says quietly as Jason stands up after tying Eddies wrists behind his back and walks back towards the door. But before he left Charles clears his throat, causing James to look back at him. "And put these someplace safe, please," he says looking down at his desk with Eddie's two guns laying on top.

James takes the two guns and leaves through the front door, leaving Eddie alone with Charles. "This how you treat all your guests?" Eddie asks frustrated and Charles just smiles, taking a key out of his pocket to unlock one of the drawers in the desk. He then pulls out a medication bottle and spills a couple pills onto his hands, throwing them in his mouth afterward. "What are you taking, Charles? If you're using again, you can't think straight" Eddie advises but Charles continues to ignore him as he locks the pills back up in the drawer. "Are you really gonna kill all these people? Is that what this is all about? Is that why you're doing this?" Eddie questions and Charles leans against the back of his chair and crosses his arms over his chest, looking down at Eddie. 

"I'm doing this to save my people" Charles answers bluntly. "By what, Charles? By sentencing them to death?" Eddie asks in a louder tone. "You're judging something you couldn't possibly understand" Charles then argues. "If you're doing it to save them, why don't you just tell them, Charles? Why keep it from them?" Eddie continues, wanting to find out more. "These people are like my children, and children don't always know what's best for them" Charles states calmly looking down at the floor.

***

Alex takes her SUV and drives a short distance away from the farm, wanting to meet her father and the rest of the team. She got out of the car and closed the door as she notices the Police Cars and SUVs speeding down the dirt road. They stop and get out of the cars as Greg runs over towards her placing a hand on her back. "You good?" he questions looking down at Alex. "I'm good" Alex nods giving her dad a smile. "Good. Spike, let's get Rachel in the truck" Greg then says loudly walking back towards the Command Truck to talk to Rachel. Alex then follows behind him and instantly feels the butterflies in her stomach as Spike stops to look at her and smiles slightly. She returns the smile before noticing him nod his head, motioning for her to meet him on the other side of the SUV, which she does.

"Hey," he says quietly. "Hey" Alex smiles. "Look, I have been a real ass and I know that. Do you think we could talk later?" Spike asks as he slowly takes Alex's hand in his, but making sure to hide it from being seen. "Of course we can" Alex answers giving his hand a slight squeeze. "Spike!" Greg's voice then yells causing them to quickly let go of each other's hands. Spike turns to walk around the back as Alex walks around the front.

"Okay, Rachel, we need you to draw a map of the farm. Every way in, how many buildings there are, where they're situated, okay?" Greg then asks and Rachel nods her head looking around nervously. "Okay," she says and Spike places a hand on her back to guide her to the command truck and Alex smirks. 

"Jules, we're here. How're you doing?" Greg's voice says through the headset. "I'm fine. I've set a sniper perch in the centre of the compound" Jules answers. "Any sign of Eddie?" he questions "Negative. And Charles must be getting nervous. He's got two armed guards at the main gate. Arrived there once Alex, left" Jules informs. "Copy that. Keep your eyes open anything that might tell us how he's planning on killing these people" Greg finishes as Wordy and Sam run towards him. "I say we take Charles first" Sam states quickly as Alex walks back towards them. "Yeah, cut off the head of the snake" Wordy agrees and Greg nods his head. "Okay, let me try talking to him first" Greg says and then runs towards the Command Truck followed by Alex.

***

"What about Isaac? Your own son. Your own flesh and blood. You're telling me you're willing to kill him, too?" Eddie questions as Charles pours himself a glass of water. "More than anyone. Isaac needs to take this journey with me" Charles smiles and then takes a sip from his glass.

Suddenly, the phone rings and Eddie looks up towards Charles with a slight smirk. "That'd be for you" he states and Charles picks up the phone, bringing it to his ear. "This is Charles," he says almost in a whisper. "Hello, Charles, my name is Sergeant Greg Parker. I'm with the Police Strategic Response Unit" Greg says through the phone. "Parker? As in Alex Parker?" Charles questions curiously. "Yes. Now I understand you're holding one of my colleagues. Any chance you can tell me how he's doing?" Greg asks. "He's fine" Charles answers looking back towards Eddie. "Oh, thank you very much. I'm glad to hear that" Greg says. "I'll let him go if you let my wife come home" Charles states. "Well, I'm sorry. I cannot agree to do that" Greg advises and Charles shrugs his shoulders. "Then there's nothing left to say," Charles says and is about to hang up but Greg says something. 

"Okay, Charles, hold on. Help me understand. You created the farm to help people, to save their lives. So why are you doing this?" Greg questions. "My people need me. I can't desert them" Charles answers. "Come on, listen to me. No one has to die today. It's not too late to call this thing off" Greg begs hearing Charles snicker. "I wish that were true" is all Charles says and then hangs up the phone. He looks back down at Eddie and then walks outside to see James. "Get the supplies and gather everyone into the barn. it's time" he states and James quickly walks off to do what he was told.

***

"You gonna keep trying to talk him down?" Spike asks as he walks in between Alex and Greg towards Sam and Wordy who where leaning against the hood of one of the SUVs looking at a map. "I doubt it'll work. Guy thinks that what he's doing is necessary. He's like noble, even" Greg answers. "Options, Sam?" Alex questions placing a hand on his shoulder and looking down at the map. "Our best point of entry is right here alongside an old delivery road, that, according to Rachel, not many people know about it" Sam answers and then looks over at Greg with a smirk. "Coming with us, boss?" he then questions and Greg snickers. "Well, I figured you need at least one bald guy in the field" Greg jokes and everyone laughs. "Alright, let's head out" Alex shouts and turns around followed by the rest of the team.

***

"Isaac, you gotta cut me loose here, son" Eddie says as he looks at the worried teenager peeking through the blinds. "You're not going anywhere until the cops let my mom come home" Isaac argues. "They're not gonna let your mother come back here to be killed. Isaac, it's that simple" Eddie states and Isaac looks at him with a quick turn of the head, confused. "What are you talking about?" he asks quickly. "You don't know what's going on here, do you?" Eddie asks slowly, and Issac just continues to look down at him confused. "Okay, Isaac, listen to me. Your father plans to kill everyone on this farm...Including you" Eddie explains and Isaac takes his gun in his hands. "No, I don't believe you" he snaps shaking his head. "Why do you think he doesn't want me looking around? Isaac. He's hiding something" Eddie advises calmly as Isaac begins to panic. "No, my father wouldn't hurt anyone!" Isaac argues again, but this time holds his gun up towards Eddie. "Isaac your mother found out about it. That's why she's trying to get money, to get you out of here...Isaac, she's trying to save your life" Eddie explains and Isaac turns away to think about it, but quickly looks back. "No! My father said that you'd say anything to get me to get me to let you go" he hisses as he hold the gun up and points it directly back at Eddie.

"I understand that you love your father and you have been raised to follow him without question. But there comes a time in all of our lives...Son, when we have to think for ourselves. Now what your father's doing is wrong. Your mother knows that. Now, if you can help me, I can stop him. I can fix it" Eddie says but footsteps stop Isaac from talking and soon one of Charles guys come into the room looking at them both confused. "Isaac?" he questions causing the boy to turn around, lowering the gun. "Your father needs to see you. Come on" he says and then looks back at Eddie with a smirk on his face. "I'll be back for you" the man informs as he follows behind Isaac and leave Eddie alone again.

***

Team One stand guard with their guns up and aimed in all directions as Spike and Wordy attach cables to the electric fence. Alex takes a quick glance to make sure they are okay and notices Spike looking at her, and she quickly turns and focuses back on her gun. She listens as she hears them counting behind her. "One, two, three" and then the sound of one of the wires being cut, follows.

"One, two, three." Another wire.

"One, two, three." The last one.

"All clear" Spike calls and Alex turns around quickly. "Okay, let's move" she states and walks past Spike and Wordy with the team following her into the farm.

They run through the thick forest of trees, listening and keeping a close eye out for people. "Boss, Sarge, they've got Ed at Charles' house. It's the first building northeast of the barn" Jules states through the headset. "Copy that Jules" Greg and Alex say in unison as they all run and duck down behind a fence. "What do you want to do?" Wordy asks as he looks back towards Alex. "Alright, Wordy, Leah, you take the main gate. The rest of us will go after Ed" Alex explains and everyone does one quick nod. "Copy that," Wordy says as him and Leah get up and run in the direction of the gate, and Alex leads the way towards Charles house.

Alex looks around the corner with her gun pointed and doesn't see anyone, so she walks around slowly and watches as her father goes through the front door of the house to get Eddie. "Boss! We're clear" Eddie sighs in relief as Greg walks into the room looking around. He lowers his gun and runs towards Eddie cutting off the ropes that were holding his hands. "This is what it takes to get you outta the truck?" Eddie then questions with a small laugh and Greg looks up at him. "He didn't gag you?" he jokes and they both chuckle a bit as Eddie finally stands up. "You get Charles?" Eddie asks. "No, not yet" Greg answers. "He was taking some kind of drug, probably hallucinogens" Eddie explains as he walks towards Charles' desk. "That would explain his Paranoia and Delusions," Greg says watching Eddie struggled with the locked drawer. 

"What do you need?" Greg then asks leaning down beside Eddie. "Do you have a knife?" Eddie questions looking up at him. "Yeah, hold on," Greg says reaching and opening one of his pockets and pulling out his knife, handing it to Eddie. Eddie takes no time at all to open the drawer, and he reaches inside. "Morphine. Demerol" Eddie lists off as he continues to pull pill bottle after pill bottle out of the drawer. "Prescription Painkillers?" Greg questions as he takes one of the bottles in his hand and looks down at the name.

"Hey, Winnie see if you can get a hold of a Dr. Jane Barkin. She prescribed some drugs to Charles and I want to know why. And let the team know that Eddie's safe and we're back on com" Greg then advises. "Copy that" Winnie replies happily. "You ready?" Eddie then asks looking towards Greg. "Lead the way" he sighs as they both go out the same way Greg came in.

Alex was now standing behind Sam and Spike as she notices many people walking towards the large barn. She looks back towards the guys and notices they aren't paying attention to her so she takes the opportunity to sneak away, and quickly run towards the barn and hides behind trees and bushes not wanting to be seen by any of Charles' men. Alex heads behind the barn and then goes all the way around, coming back to the large front doors and slowly walks into the barn behind one of the men.

When she walks inside she hides behind a large stack of hay and looks at all the people gathering into the small cramped space. "Sarge, their ushering everyone into the main barn" Alex hears Jules inform and she reaches down, turning off her headset, wanting to focus on what was happening here. "Do you see any weapons?" Greg questions as him and Eddie leave the house, seeing Sam and Wordy waiting for them. "They're carrying three containers" Jules informs as she looks through the sniper.

"Can you tell what's in 'em?" Eddie asks as they begin to move slowly around the house. "One says chlorine. The other one says N-H..."Jules says but Spike cuts her off. "NH-3?" he asks quickly. "Looks like it" Jules agrees. "Ammonia" Spike says looking shocked at Eddie, Greg, and Sam. "They're making poison gas" Sam informs as Spike looks around frantically. "Where's Alex?" he then questions, and soon everyone was looking around. "I swear she was right here" Sam states. "No" Greg whispers as he looks into the distance at the barn and everyone follows. 

"Alex!" Eddie says loudly into the headset, but no answer. "Her curiosity. I swear this girl has a death wish!" Eddie sighs and everyone looks panicked. "Move in, now!" Greg demands. "Wordy, we need to get a truck in here! We need gas masks! Leah, alert D-Mat!" Sam yells through the headset. "Copy that," Leah says jumping into the driver's seat of Eddie's truck. "On our way!" Wordy then advises getting in and the both of them speed down the dirt road.

Alex peeks outside curiously to see Charles and Isaac talking in front of the doors, but a little off to the side. "Dad? What's going on?" Isaac asks confused. "It's okay. Thank you, Leonard" Charles says, looking towards one of his guys. "Isaac, I need you to go inside now. Is everyone accounted for?" Alex could hear Charles' voice say ask "They're all inside" Leonards' voice confirms. "Please, Isaac, do as you're told" Charles then says, a little more sternly. "It's true, isn't it?" Isaac asks with a little bit of panic in his voice. "Inside, now!" Charles demands. "Dad, are you're really gonna kill everybody?" Isaac asks shocked. "Alright, come here" Charles says as he pulls his son closer towards the wall of the barn making it easier for Alex to hear them, over the mumbles of voices.

"This is hard to understand, but I am doing this to protect us. Haven't I always taken care of you, kept you from harm?" Charles questions calmly. "Yes, but-"Isaac goes to say but his father stops him. "I'm your father, and I will always do what is best for you. Alright? Deep inside your heart, you know that. You know it...Please, Isaac, I need you to trust me right now. Come on. Goodman. Go" Charles smiles wickedly and pushes Isaac towards the barn as Leonard comes running towards him. "They're getting closer. Go. I'll hold them off" he states looking at Charles, who was giving him a worried look. "It's okay. Go" Leonard admits and Charles nods and walks towards the barn.

Greg and Eddie split up from Spike and Sam and run towards the side of the barn when one of Charles men suddenly come out from behind the bushes holding his gun up in the air, he fires one shot and it misses but then another shot is heard and he falls to the ground. Greg and Eddie look up and see Jules on top of the roof with the sniper. "Subject down" she advises and then they continue to run.

Alex crouches down behind the stacks of hay as she notices Isaac walk slowly into the barn with the look of fear on his face. "Hey!" Alex whispers and Isaac quickly looks over confused, but then a look of relief made him smile just a bit. "Alex?" Isaac questions confused and Alex takes his hand making him sit down beside him. "Alex. Eddie was right! My dad is planning on killing everyone in this barn. We need to get out" Isaac panics and Alex quickly covers his mouth with her hand and brings him closer towards her as Charles walks past them and through the crowd of people.

Alex reaches down and turns to her radio smiling at Isaac. "I know, and we will. I promise," Alex says. She then turns on her mic and smiles. "Guys, I've got Isaac" Alex states and she could hear sighs of relief through the headset. "Well, hey there Alex. Nice to hear your voice again," Sam says sarcastically. "Alex, Charles is planning on making a poison gas. You have to get out of that barn!" Spike warns. "That's the plan," Alex says as she goes to stand up with Isaac but quickly stops, and crouches back behind the hay as Charles walks past them and closes the large doors, securing it with a chain and lock.

"Guys, cancel that plan. Charles locked us in here and there is no way to open the door without causing a scene and getting shot in the process" Alex whispers and looks down at Isaac with a worried look. It's okay she mouthed to him as Charles stood looking at the crowd right beside the haystacks. 

"Charles, what's happening?" a female voice asks as Alex could hear a liquid being poured. "Don't be afraid" Charles says calmly walking back towards the crowd. "Why are you locking us in?" the female voice asks, as one of Charles men take a large piece of wood and place it on the door, creating another lock.

"What are we going to do?" Isaac asks panicked. "I don't want to die" he continues as a tear falls from his eye and rolls down his cheek. "You won't. We will get out of here" Alex whispers. "I promised that I would keep you safe, and I will. In this life and the next" Charles voice says, causing Alex to shiver. "Alex. We will get you out. I promise" Greg's voice says through the headset causing Alex to calm down just a bit.

The barn suddenly goes silent and Alex stands up slowly looking over one of the haystacks to see Charles pouring something into a big tin. Suddenly, thick white smoke poured over the rim and she immediately knew this was it. "Isaac, I don't want you to panic. But, it's about to get really hard to breathe. Just take it easy, okay?" She asks taking his hand in hers and he nods his head as tears continue to fall. 

"Charles, what are you doing?" someone asked afraid as Charles walks towards the crowd once again. "It's okay," he says already sounding out of breath. "It's okay, we'll all be together, forever," he says looking around for Isaac. "Let us out, Charles!" someone else yelled. "Trust me, it's okay" Charles keeps repeating as the smell of Chlorine fills everyone's noses making them cough and gasp for air.

Everyone runs towards the door as the room begins to fog up. Screams and banging echoed everywhere as Charles continues to look around for Isaac. "Alex...I'm scared" Isaac cries as he looks towards the people screaming. "I know. But your gonna be okay, I promise" Alex says and then a worried look on Isaac's face makes her turn around to come face to face with Charles. "Alex" he smirks. "Nice of you to join us," he says and aggressively grabs her arm throwing her to the floor with a loud thud. Quickly, his men grab her arms and take her guns leaving her defenceless. "Dad! Stop! Please!" Isaac begs as his father punches Alex in the stomach, causing her to lean forward in hissing pain. "You stupid cops don't ever learn, do you!" Charles yells as he takes Alex by her hair and throws her face first into the ground.

"Dad?" she quickly whispers as a tear falls from her eye, keeping her mic on so the Team could hear everything. "Alex?" Greg asks worriedly. "I love you" she then says as she feels a sharp pain across her face, knowing that Charles punched her.

Alex's head falls to the side and her vision becomes blurry. She could hear Isaac begging for him to stop, but nothing could stop Charles. He had a mission and the cops were getting in his way. He was furious.

"Alex. Don't do that. You don't give up. We are almost there!" Greg shouts as he and the rest of the team hear every hit Charles makes. "Doors jammed from the inside" Eddie snaps in frustration. "Alex talk to me!" Greg begs, but her voice does not reply. "Spike, any other way in?" Greg quickly asks looking back at him. "Negative" Spike replies shocked. "Wordy, hurry. We need the umbrella" Greg advised as the SUV comes speeding in front of them and stops.

"Alex. Please! I need something! Anything!" Greg begs. Alex opens her eyes feeling her lungs burning and her head pounding, but slowly turns around to see Isaac kneeling down beside her and Charles and his men near the tin full of poison gas. "Isaac" Alex whispers, as blood drips from her lips, and Isaac looks down at her with wide eyes. "Alex! Oh my gosh, I thought you were dead!" Isaac says and Alex shows a small smile. "I'm tougher than that," she whispers and slowly begins to get up, but is stopped by Charles holding up his gun at her head. "Move and I will shoot you" he states through gritted teeth.

Alex stops moving and looks up at Charles as she hears her dad's voice from outside. "Everyone inside the barn, stand back from the doors!" and she looks up at him with a small smile as everyone move back. "No!" Charles hisses as he takes Alex by her arm pulling her up roughly as the sound of something attaching to the door causes everyone to jump slightly. The door to the barn then flies off letting the thick fog quickly escape and making everyone run towards the door.

"Isaac go!" Alex yells as Charles pulls her towards a back door. "I'm not leaving without you!" he screams but is then pulled by someone to follow them. Alex watches as her team runs through the doors, but she was too weak to kick and scream. 

"Where's Charles. Jules, do you see him?" Eddie asks "No visual. He must still be in the building" Jules replies. "Backdoor" Alex quietly says and notices Eddie look right at her. "I see him!" he yells Spike covers the tin with a tarp and Sam throws one of Charles men down to the floor and points his gun at him.

Charles opens the door and drags Alex behind him. "Come on!" he says frustrated. They run away from the building and towards a large empty field, as Alex feels herself getting weaker by the second.  "Charles, you don't have to do this...Whatever....your planning" Alex slurs feeling the dizziness of the gas and the pain flowing through her. "Shut up!" he yells as he stops and turns around holding the gun towards Alex's head.

"Boss, I just got off the phone with the doctor. I think I know why Charles' is doing this" Alex hears Winnie say, but she stays quiet. Alex could feel the blood dripping from her mouth, and from the side of her head as she opens her eyes slowly and sees Eddie approaches them, followed by Sam, holding up their guns. 

"Don't come any closer! Don't!" Charles yells as he pushes the gun, making Alex's head lean to the side just a bit. "Jules?" Eddie asks quietly. "No joy. The tree's in the way" Jules answers through the headset. "Dad, please!" Isaacs' voice screams as he runs towards Eddie and Sam but Sam quickly stops him, as Alex's eyes open quickly and look towards him. "Issac?" she whispers so quietly, no one hears her. 

"Alright, Charles, just take it easy" Eddie yells seeing the pain in Alex's eyes. Seeing the blood all over her. "If Isaac is not coming with me. I am taking her instead!" Charles states and Alex closes her eyes feeling tired. "Alex. Stay with us!" Eddie quickly says causing her to open her eyes and look at him.

"Okay, Charles, I know you have cancer," Eddie says calmly and Alex looks at Eddie confused and Isaac looks at his father shocked. "Dad?" Isaac whispers. "Get away from us! Get away!" Charles screams pulling Alex's weak body a little step further. If it wasn't for Charles holding her up, she would be on the ground. "Charles, I know you don't have much time here" Eddie explains. "Just get away from us!" Charles then yells again, making Alex's head throb. "I can't do that Charles. That officer right there is not only one of my colleagues. She is my niece and I would love to see her safe. I am sorry for what you're going through, but just because you're dying, Charles, doesn't mean Alex has to as well" Eddie says slowly as he takes a couple steps closer to them. 

"If you can take my son away from me, I will take her away from all of you! What kind of life will Isaac have without his father? I promised to take care of him, to take care of all these people" Charles argues. "And I understand that Charles, I do. I get it. I know what it's like to want to protect your family, to keep them from making mistakes. But at a certain point, you have to trust that you have given them the tools to make the right decisions. Charles, you have saved a lot of people here. You saved their lives, and you've raised a pretty great kid here. But please don't rob someone of there opportunity to live their life, Charles" Eddie begs as he looks at Alex concerned.

Alex could feel Charles slowly releasing his grip of her and she knew that she was not capable to support her weight herself. "I'm sorry, Alex. Tell my son I am sorry too" he whispers and Alex knew exactly what that meant.  "Charles. Don't" Alex whispers, as Charles looks at Issac. "I love you, Isaac" Charles states clearly and loud enough for him to hear and Alex looks towards him slowly to see tears in his eyes as he goes to take a step, but Sam holds him back. "I love you too, dad," he says. "Charles," Alex says calmly, but before she could say anything else, a gunshot echoes through the air and Charles lifeless body falls to the ground, followed by Alex.

"Dad! No!" Isaac cries. "Alex!" Eddie screams as he runs towards her, while Sam holds Issac back "He's gone," Sam says calmly. 

Alex then feels a hand on her, causing her to open her eyes slowly. Eddie then lets out a breath as a smile appears on his face. "She's okay" he whispers, helping her sit up before she quickly wraps her arms around him tightly and he does the same. She feels him kiss the top of her head as he release his grip around her. "Let's get you back," he says quietly, as he helps her stand up. Alex notices Sam and Isaac already a far distance away.

Once they arrive back, Alex smiles as she sees her father run towards her and tightly wrap his arms around her. "I'm sorry, dad" Alex sighs. "I know you are. I'm just glad you're okay" he says as he places his hand on the back of her head, holding her close.

Once he lets go, Alex then spots Isaac running towards her scared. She smiles as he crashes into her chest. "You're okay" Alex whispers hearing him cry. She then spots Rachel in the distance standing with Jules and begins to walk towards her, with Isaac staying close. "Look, Isaac" Alex whispers pointing towards Rachel who was also crying. Isaac lets go of Alex and runs towards his mother, making Alex smile proudly.

"Your crazy" a voice then says from behind her, causing her to turn around and see Spike standing there, looking worried. "I know. I'm sorry" Alex whispers before she feels his strong arms pull her close to him, immediately making her feel safe. "I'm glad you're okay" he says softly. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Greg stands with Eddie looking towards Spike and Alex smiling. "You know, Boss. If anything is going on between them, it's not allowed" Eddie informs causing the smile to disappear. "She's happy Ed. She has been way happier, for a couple months now and I didn't know why. But, now I think I do, and I don't think I am willing to take it away from her" Greg informs. "What are you going to do?" Eddie asks curiously. "Pretend like I don't know?" Greg snickers shrugging his shoulders, causing Eddie to laugh as well.

***

"Think that kid'll be okay?" Wordy questions as he follows behind Jules who was driving Alex's SUV. "I think so. He's got a good head on his shoulders" Eddie says from the passenger seat, and Wordy nods in agreement as Eddie pulls out his phone, holding it up to his ear. 

"Hey, buddy! You doing your homework?" Eddie questions and Wordy knew he was talking to his son. "You know that party that you want to go to?....Yeah, You can go....Who's gonna be there?.....Oh, sounds fun. So, can I go?....I'm kidding....Clark, i'm kidding" Eddie laughs.

***

Back at the station, Alex changes out of her uniform as she hears her phone go off. She looks down realizing it was just her dad asking if she was ok to drive home, so she replied yes. She then goes to place her phone down, but it goes off again and she shakes her head as she looks down seeing a text from her dad again saying he will meet her at home.

She puts her phone down next to the sink in the dressing room and sighs looking into the mirror at the dry blood all over her face. She was the only one left at the station so she could take as long as she wanted. She wasn't in a rush.

The door then opens as she wets some paper towel and she looks over. A smile appearing on her face. "And here I was thinking that everyone left" she snickers. "Not everyone," Spike says placing his bag on the bench and walking closer towards her. He takes the wet paper towel from her hand and brushes her cheek with his other casing Alex to close her eyes, enjoying his soft touch. "You worried me today" he advises as he helps her up to sit on the counter, before he wipes off the dry blood. "I worried myself today" Alex admits looking down at the ground, but quickly feels a hand forcing her head back up.

They both stayed quiet as Spike continued to wipe away the blood, but his sudden words interrupted it. "Would you have told me?" he questions and Alex looks at him confused. "If you were pregnant?" he questions quietly.  "Spike, of course, I would have. I just didn't tell you because I wasn't sure" Alex informs as he walks towards the garbage nodding his head as throws the piece of paper towel out. 

When he walks back towards her he places his hands on her waist and pulls her towards him slightly. "I love you" he whispers next to her ear and then kissing right underneath it. Alex closes her eyes and bites her lip. "I love you" she whispers and wraps her arms around Spikes' neck letting her fingers get tangled in his hair as she pulled him closer, letting their lips touch. It felt like electricity flowing through them, and the heat caused Alex to have goosebumps. She missed him. She missed the feeling of his soft lips on hers. She wouldn't know what she would do without him.  

_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you guys for being so patient. It means the world to me! 

I really hope you guys loved chapter 11 and I promise I will try my best to post Chapter 12 soon. I seriously hate having a job becuase if I didnt I would be posting more chapters ❤️ 

Dont fotget to vote, comment, and share! 

Love you all! 

                                                               Angela_Tillson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 622 37
The life of an SRU officer is never easy, especially when you're the best profiler in the city's daughter and join Team One. Along side Sam, Jules, S...
169K 7.5K 21
*Warning violent themes* (I don't endorse or condone violence, this is just a crime fic) This is the second season to Orange Is the New Blackpink, I...
11.4K 252 15
Olivia Benson, Detective for Manhattan SVU, mother to a five year old little girl, and married to her best friend. What happens when a heinous crime...
57.1K 1.2K 24
Lillian Carson is transferred to Team One shortly after Lews death. They get along great, all the while Lillians developing feelings for a certain bo...