The Goddess of Death's Son

By Yadryz

Dessyr, the son of two poor commoners who has no magical abilities, is fighting as a soldier for the human ki... More

Chapter 1 - Before the end
Chapter 2 - Lost Words
Chapter 3 - The God of Death
Chapter 4 - The Bandits
Chapter 5 - Information
Chapter 6 - Assassins
Chapter 7 - The Wolf Girl
Chapter 8 - On The Road Again
Chapter 9 - Royalty
Chapter 10 - The Five Headed Serpent
Chapter 11 - Hunting Hunters
Chapter 12 - Little Tiny
Chapter 13 - Tearful Lies
Chapter 14 - Lightened Burdens
Chapter 15 - Ages
Chapter 16 - Adventurers
Chapter 17 - A Challenger Approaches
Chapter 18 - The Great Wolf
Chapter 19 - Divine Succesion
Chapter 20 - Ranking Gods
Chapter 22 - Manipulated
Chapter 23 - Choices
Chapter 24 - To Kill a God
Chapter 25 - Council of Gods
Chapter 26 - Thans' Cloak
Chapter 27 - Senns the Dark Angel
Chapter 28 - Family Issues
Chapter 29 - A SSS Rank Battle
Chapter 30 - Magic Understanding and The True Identity
Chapter 31 - Appearance change and Undead
Chapter 32 - Overconfident
Chapter 33 - The Necromancer
Chapter 34 - Ring of Hope
Chapter 35 - A Hellish Experience
Chapter 36 - Soul Harvester
Chapter 37 - The Red Lady
Chapter 38 - A Champion Breaks
Chapter 39 - Plagues Risen
Chapter 40 - Bloody Warning (Finale)

Chapter 21 - The Settail Fish

2.1K 86 14
By Yadryz

When I look up at the shocked Hasginal. He was looking at the book like his eyes would pop out.

"Um, Hasginal?" I try to bring him back into reality by lightly tapping his shoulder. After showing no response I decide to move to a better approach.

I grab him by the shoulders to make him face me.

*SLAP*

"Hasginal!" I yell at him. After showing no response, I decide to try again.

*SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP*

After the tenth time he finally starts to show awareness.

"Hah! Sorry! Please forgive me for acting rude in your presence great god of death. Would you like your Settail Fish raw or smoked and ready to go?" He says while kneeling down like a servant to a lord.

For the love of, what is up with the kneeling!? Is everyone just born with the thought of kneeling down!? Damn! I swear that I will never kneel down to anyone! It makes one look like an obedient pet.

"I'll take it smoked." I say while slightly irritated.

"Des, try to calm down. You're scaring everyone around." Fiora placed a hand on my shoulder. I look around and everyone is staring at me like I'm some sort of insane monster glaring at air.

I am sorry everyone but if you don't want to be in my presence because it's frightening you, then you can flip off!

Even though I didn't say it aloud, everyone around started running away with terrified faces. This... maybe I shouldn't have done that.

I look around and silently apologize. Then turn back to Hasginal, who quickly gave me the fish.

"Fiora do you want one?" I know that Hasginal can't give one some unless they place their hand on the book so I need her to do it herself.

"Oh, yes!" She quickly went towards the book and placed her hand on it. It flipped through the pages and stopped at an empty page. There some words appeared showing not only my mark, but about Fiora being the wolf queen.

————————————————————————

The Mark of the Dark Moon,

Symbol of The God of Death and Darkness

Current God: Dessyr Drako Modra Zer

Importance: 100%

Fame: 1

Tier: 5

The Full Moon,

Symbol of The Goddess of Wolves and the Hunt

Current Goddess: Candidate Fiora Lupus

Wolves Tamed: 1/500

Importance: 87%

Fame:1

Tier: 4

————————————————————————

Well... that's quite the record you've got here. 499 wolves left to tame. Almost there.

When I look at Hasginal again I notice him looking at her in surprise. His dark eyes rolled back and his mouth gaped wide enough for a bee to fly into and his ears were moving all they way back.

"Y-y-you're a goddess candidate?!" Aaaannnnd we broke him. Well, at least we got free food.

After walking away while Hasginal has a mental breakdown, I start talking to Fiora.

"So, only four hundred ninety nine left to go." I wonder how long it'll take? Considering that a great wolf took about a day, maybe we'll finish in less than a year depending on guild requests.

"Yeah..." She looks down while saying that. I wonder what's wrong? Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"You ok?" I need to cheer her up somehow... but what should I do? I don't know how to make someone happier?

"I'm fine, it's just... Des, could you stay with me until I tame those wolves?" She looks at me with her puppy eyes again. She's too cute! Why can she do that?! Well, I guess I don't have anything else to do. I want to visit my family but... maybe it would be smarter if I make some friends. If I can get Fiora to help me then maybe beating up the life god will be easier. I wonder if it'll be difficult? Oh! I should ask Hasginal!

When I turn around to ask Hasginal about the life god, he had already disappeared.

What the hell? Where'd he go? I look at the other stalls to make sure I hadn't missed him but in the place where his stall was was an empty space.

"That's weird," I didn't expect that. Oh Fiora! "Uh, Yeah. Of course I'll help you. No reason why not." I can see my parents again afterwards, it won't take too long and they aren't that old. Just their early 40s. Humans can live until their late 90s because of their magic. Unless some reason for death comes they should be fine.

"Thanks." I can't see her face but I can tell she's relieved.

Well, for now I'll just eat this fish. After I take the first bite of the Settail Fish I instantly feel that I died and then came back to life again! It's amazing! The scales of the fish taste deep, salty, and hard, while the insides were extremely soft. There were almost no spines in it and the ones that were there melted in my mouth. It's a majestic fish. Everything about it tastes good, not only that but it was also a large catch as well. As expected of the God of Fishing. Out of all the meals I've ever eaten at those inns, this was by far the best. It was worthy of the gods!

I turned to see Fiora's expression and I noticed her having a similar expression. She was bouncing up and down and her tail was wagging at speeds fast enough to break a persons legs, while her ears were moving under the cloak, moving it along.

There was only one thing that was extremely unnatural. I felt stronger, and it seemed like magic was forming all around Fiora. Her aura was stronger she started smelling even better. I didn't notice her smell before since I didn't pay attention to how people smell when I was human, but I couldn't ignore hers anymore. It wasn't fishy or bad, instead it was the complete opposite. Do I smell better now too?

I lifted my hand towards me and I smelled great. What's going on? Was it this fish?

Actually, my scent and Fiora's were different, she smelled like flowers and sweet fruits, the same ones that Mom always brought back every year. While mine was like that of nature. Like a beautiful forest in the end of spring with multiple flowers blooming in it and water flowing down a stream. I closed my eyes to take in the aroma easier.

Although mine was nice, I kind of like Fiora's more. Maybe she won't notice if I just...

————————————————————————

Fiora P.O.V.

After I saw the number of wolves I had to tame left, I started feeling sadder, not because it would be tiresome, but because I thought that Des would leave me after seeing how much work he would have to do. I noticed that he's not the brightest when it comes to some things, just that he likes sleeping and eating. After hearing his past it was understandable. It was his first time enjoying such luxuries that others would take advantage of and treat like everyone had them. He never got to learn formally either, everything he knew he learned from his parents or from listening in on others conversations.

After hearing how he would stay with me, I was extremely happy. I don't know why? He's the first person outside my family that I've been around and haven't gotten annoyed or mad about. Even when he pats me and touches my ears. Instead of getting angry or trying to kill him, I actually enjoy it when he does that.

I saw him take a bite out of the Settail Fish and end up looking up at the sky with tears in his eyes, so I thought I should try it as well. It's a once in a lifetime dish that even royalty have only eaten once.

After that first bite, I was crying too. Not in a bad way, but a good way. It was the first time I've cried over food, it was different from anything I've ever had. I've gotta say that Hagaganal bear god is good. I even felt stronger and more alive. But something caught my attention.

Des' scent changed. It was nastolgic. His scent was like my favorite place in the world, the wild forest that I was taken to as a kid. It was where I hunted for the first time in my life. My best experience.

Then I realized I smelled nice too. Like flowers and fruits. Good ones as well, that complimented each other's aroma. I ended up closing my eyes to get a better sense of it but I couldn't hold myself back. After having Des so close and smelling so nice, I drifted towards him unconsciously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 373 9
A tensura fanfic! "Warning!! cringry 4th grade grammar" "Contains Mature Content Such As "Blood,Gore,Cursing,Killing,Psychopathic Behavior" Story: Ve...
1.6K 172 42
( Completed) There has been a war between two species for generations. Dragon Masters... born from the blood from half human and half dragon speci...
1 1 10
Having to protect one's home-town from demons is by no means an easy task. Especially when one isn't even a half of an angel. That's how it was for A...
114K 3.4K 29
Y/n the guardian princess and her best friend Ray, prince of heart are put up against enemies and druun to help unify the world once more as Kumandra...