The Model's Bodyguard (Romant...

By JasmineDahlia

Supermodel Mila Belvedere never expected her predictable life of fame, photo shoots, and flashing lights to t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Photo Shoot
Chapter 2 - Stupid Paparazzi
Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Encounter
Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Encounter (Francisco's POV)
Chapter 4 - Bodyguard Handbook
Chapter 5 - In The Dark
Chapter 7 - Have Fun Waiting
Chapter 8 - Look At My Masterpiece
Chapter 9 - Wake Up
Chapter 10 - Postman
Chapter 11 - The Range
Chapter 12 - Autumn Photographs
Chapter 13 - Of Many Firsts
Chapter 14 - Human Moments
Chapter 15 - Full Control
Chapter 16 - Tuned Senses
Chapter 17 - Blue Obsidian
Chapter 18 - Morning Vigor
Chapter 19 - Common Sins
Chapter 20 - All Bark, No Bite
Chapter 21 - Pure Instinct
Chapter 22 - Heaven and Hell
Chapter 23 - Boundaries
Chapter 24 - Better
Chapter 25 - Promises
Chapter 26 - Time
Chapter 27 - Gesture
Chapter 28 - Nerves
Epilogue

Chapter 6 - Always Hope

83.3K 2.2K 257
By JasmineDahlia

Here's chapter six, lovelies! :D Sorry for the wait. ): I hope you enjoy it and if you do, please remember to vote, comment, and fan! It means the world to me. (: Thanks for reading. Laters, baby! :D <3

____________________________________________________________________________

"You're such an embarrassing jerk!" I exclaimed, laughing as I got into the cab and I heard Cisco's answering chuckle. Once inside and seated, I told the cab driver the address.

"Embarrassing? No. Jerk? Maybe." He paused, his eyes gleaming. "And you're welcome." Cisco said smoothly as he got in beside me and took his seat, signaling the cab driver to start driving. I looked at him, a smirk on his face, and I furrowed my eyebrows in question.

"And why exactly am I thanking you?" I asked skeptically, making him chuckle huskily beside me.

"For bringing some life into that dreadfully boring photo shoot." Cisco answered, a haughty grin on his lips and eyes. I remembered the photo shoot and as much as I hated to admit it, he did just that. Cisco had me laughing, smiling, at his jokes and expressions during the photo shoot, causing the pictures to come out even better because I looked so... happy. Vincenzo was pleased.

"You're overly confident, you know that?" I said, shaking my head in amusement and disbelief.

Cisco smirked. "Confidence is attractive."

"Confidence, Cisco, not egotism." I said, slightly irritated which only made him laugh even more, his powerful chest rumbling from the action, and he looked so radiantly male that I found my heartbeat quickening, my pulse thudding rhythmically in my neck. I found myself staring, in awe, while my cheeks became flushed. How did he have this effect on me? Surely, I didn't affect him at all because now that he was settling from his laughter, he simply looked outside the window and forgot I was beside him. Stupid I was to feel hurt over such a thing but I did indeed feel a sharp pang of pain at the realization. Get over it, Mila. Don't stroke his ego unless you want it exploding in this cab, my subconscious jeered. I had to stop looking before he noticed me.

Needing a distraction and some relief, I set out to get it with light conversation, "I go running about three times a week in Central Park. Just thought I should let you know. It's okay if you don't want to exercise though, you can sit on a bench and wait." I said, my voice teasing, and the challenging grin on my face was the same. Cisco looked at me, his brow arching in amusement and disbelief.

"Oh no, mi amor. I'm running. And don't you for a second go thinking you'll outrun me with that pretty little ass of yours." Cisco said, grinning from ear to ear. Heart failure. That was what I'd have if he spoke in Spanish again. The two words had been like an erotic and sensual song that still had my heart leaping. Pretty little ass? Had he seriously said that? And most importantly, had he meant it?

I punched him, the gesture not even jostling him but then again I hadn't tried hurting him. "Pervert." I spat, rolling my eyes in disbelief but a smile outstretched onto my lips against my will. Cisco looked at me, our eyes meeting, and I noticed his were gleaming. He chuckled and threw me a wink, the gesture unnervingly sexy. Talk, Mila, talk.

"And I wasn't even thinking of outrunning you, idiot." I said, chuckling. I never even considered the possibility. Hell, I'd be bloody stupid if I did! A man of his size, strength, and power couldn't be outrun easily. Oh, and extra props for the bodyguard training.

"Good." He murmured, amused and pleased that I wasn't trying to defy his ego. With a final grin, he looked outside of the window into Manhattan.

Then we fell into silence for the rest of the journey. The silence, as usual, was tense, and set me on high alert. Every nerve ending of my body was aware that he was right there, occupying the space beside me. I could feel him, the heat his body gave off in both waves of comfort and nerve wracking sensuality. It wasn't that awkward silence that often fell between two people, causing unease and discomfort. It was the fact that it was such an affecting silence of heat and desiring tension, so bloody fantastic, that made me want to open the door and climb out even as the cab moved.

I looked at him, searching for some sign that he too felt the same effect but I found none. Cisco looked out of the window, his muscled body relaxed and moving easily with every breath he took, both of his hands resting on his thighs. I decided to do the same and direct my gaze outside the window.

I had never been so happy to see The Plaza Hotel. The cab started to slow to a stop at the entrance of the grand building so I took some money from my pocket and handed it to the driver. I caught Cisco's look, the annoyed one he always took on when I paid the cab fare. What?

I moved my hand to rest it on the door handle then stopped the motion when Cisco gave me a warning look and a single shake of his head. Oh, he still wants to do that irrational thing. I rolled my eyes and watched him get out of the cab. Anger swelled inside of me. If indeed what he was doing held any rationality and someone tried to harm me then he'd die because of me. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had caused someone's death; Cisco's death.

Looking forward, I caught the arched eyebrow of the cab driver through the rear-view mirror. He seemed amused and questioning.

I shrugged. "He's got his thing with opening doors. Always, the gentleman." I explained, lying, but the driver didn't seem too believing and I didn't blame him. I would have reacted the same way.

At the sound of the door opening, I turned, my eyes landing on the strong bronze hand that was held out for me to take. I took it, feeling that almost stinging heat through the flesh of my palm. Cisco helped me out, giving me a lovely grin that I had to return, and wrapped a single arm protectively around my waist. The hairs on my neck rose but I was thankful for the support because I was feeling a bit lightheaded. Then again I wouldn't have needed the support if he wasn't so bloody close!

In silence, we made it to my floor so that now we were facing my apartment door. Cisco's supporting arm let go of me, making me feel cold, and I watched as he surveyed the area. Then I reached for my key and opened the door.

"Come on." I said and the two of us walked inside. My eyes landed on my mom, noting a difference, as she sat on the couch, covered by a blanket while she watched some television. Her wide eyes, somehow larger, came to us as we entered and she took the remote from her lap to turn of the television.

I walked closer, and smiled at her. "Hi, mom." Just feet away, I could see the differences much clearer. She looked paler than before, if possible, and the soft patchy skin of her eye sockets was a shade of unhealthy purple. Was it possible that she seemed even more sick? Worry trickled my blood.

"Hi, honey, Mr. Medina. Did you two have a nice day?" She asked me and Cisco who was now standing behind me, angled so that I could see him even if he was five feet away. I wanted to roll my eyes at his attempt of professionality and tell him he didn't need it.

"Yes, we did." I replied and saw Cisco nod and smile politely in reply from the corner of my eye. "Are you alright, mom? You seem a bit frail." I surveyed and her answering smile was amused and delicate.

"Do I? I'm fine, sweetie." She objected but I didn't believe her. There was nothing I could do so I just smiled at her.

"How about we watch some T.V together? After I take a quick shower." I offered and she nodded, looking happy. I turned on my heel, catching Cisco's eyes that once again seemed remote and far. Why?

"I'll be back." I said quietly and Cisco nodded, giving me a small smile. Quickly, I went to my room and opened a drawer to chose a pair of pajamas. Right now I felt like relaxing, wearing loose clothing, and having a nice time. I chose a thick black tank top, aiming for modesty even without a bra, and plain pink and flowy pajama pants along with some undies. After a quick shower, I got dressed and dried my hair with just the towel before hastily combing it. Accomplished, I strolled out of my room and into the living room.

My eyes went to my mom who shook the control remote in front of her in a dramatic gesture of impatience. "Ready?" She asked, grinning.

"Yeah." I chuckled and then my eyes magnetically moved to Francisco. He looked at me, his eyes moving up and down my body a single time with a deep gaze. Was he checking me out? His eyes, so meaningful, and his expression just the same, made it seem as if he was appreciative and liking of what he saw. Me. I felt my whole face flame and looked down, feeling his hot stare on me.

But why the heck was he sitting at the dining table? I turned to my mom questioningly and she shrugged. "Don't look at me. He insisted. He's weird." My mom explained, chuckling, and my attention snapped to Cisco when I heard his husky laughter.

"What the bloody hell? You're watching it with us, Cisco." I said, rolling my eyes with a disbelieving grin.

He chuckled, meeting my eyes, and rose to his feet. "Alright. If you insist, Mila." He said, his voice amused and slightly teasing.

"Nickname basis, eh? How lovely! And why am I not able to call you that, Cisco?" My mom asked, her tone teasing and light through dramatically narrowed eyes.

Cisco chuckled and said, "You can if you'd like." My mom nodded with a satisfied grin and turned on the TV. I sat beside her in the love seat and Cisco took his place on the single couch. He felt much too far away even though he wasn't and I wanted badly to have him sit beside me. Frustrated at myself, I looked pointedly at the screen. We were going to watch The Dark Knight.

Five or so minutes into the film, my mom started to cough. Worried, I took her hand and looked at her, feeling my eyes widen with worry and apprehension.

"Are you alright?" I asked and she waved her free hand at me in dismissal, nodding. She settled down before saying, "Come on! Watch the film."

And so we did. For a good fifteen minutes she went on without coughing, the dark action film proving to be very entertaining, until she started to cough again.

This time Cisco and I exchanged worried glances before I looked at her, asking again if she was alright. This fit lasted longer than the other one but it too subsided. Then another one came, even longer than the last. It also subsided, more gradually now. I was bloody worried, distracted and unable to watch the film now. For another round of minutes the apartment was quiet, batman the only speaker, until she started coughing again.

I looked at her, her chest heaving in attempts to obtain fresh air. The wheezing sounds that escaped her chest were filling me with dread but that was hardly the worst of it. Her face, it was purple, bloody goddamn purple!

"Mila..." She croaked, her fingers cold on my hand.

"Cisco!" I called out his name but I hadn't noticed that he was already at my side, looking at my mom with pained eyes. I hastily stood up, my eyes on my mom as she fought for air.

"Get me the phone. Please!" I said and Cisco quickly took his cell phone and handed it to me. I dialed 911, knowing that was the best option, then handed him his phone back once I finished speaking.

"An ambulance is coming, right? Let's take her out now before it gets here. It's quicker that way." Cisco said, determined and authoritative. I nodded frantically.

"But how?" I asked, panicking.

"Calm down, hun. I can carry her." He said soothingly, swooping my shaking mom into his strong arms. "Stay by my side." he ordered firmly.

"Okay." I croaked and his eyes were sympathetic. We started making our way down to the lobby. By the time we were there, the ambulance was wailing outside. I ran to them.

"Mila!" Cisco yelled from behind me but I didn't care. I grabbed the paramedic's arm as soon as he got out of the passenger's side of the ambulance.

"It's my mom. She's there." I said, my voice shaky.

"Alright, miss. I need to get the gurney down before getting to her." He said, his eyes and voice kind. I nodded and let go of him then turned to walk to Cisco but he was already by the paramedic who was strapping down the gurney. I watched him as I started walking over and for a second our gazes met, his eyes were disappointed though not accusing. He understood but that didn't mean he wouldn't give me hell for it.

I was standing beside him when the paramedic strapped her carefully into the gurney and with the other paramedic's help who had seemed to appear out of nowhere, probably from my lack of attention at the moment, helped him.

Cisco turned to me, his eyes gentle. "I already asked if the two of us could ride but they said there's only room for one and I can't leave you alone, Mila. I'm sorry. We'll have to take a cab to the hospital." He explained, expecting all hell to wage from me but i simply sighed, not able to change what couldn't be changed.

I nodded. "Okay."

He gave me a small smile and put his arm around my waist as we walked to a cab but this time I knew it wasn't solely for protection but for comfort and support.

***

Cisco and I sat side by side in the large waiting area of the hospital. I was anxious, my fingers tapping recklessly on the arm holster. When the bloody hell would they speak to me? We had been here for the past two hours with nothing but, well, nothing. There were only a few people here so it was not that there were too many to assist, I hoped.

Suddenly my fingers were stopped, overcome by a powerful warm hand that could on be Cisco's. I looked up at him in question and surprise to find him looking at me softly with comforting eyes. He gave a small smile, stopping my heart for a fraction of a second.

"Everything will be fine." He murmured, rubbing my knuckles with his fingertips. It was extremely soothing.

"You don't know that." I said softly, my voice breaking at the end. Cisco's eyes clouded with the dark distant look they got all of a sudden. I was about to ask him what was wrong when an adult male's voice interrupted me.

"Ms. Belvedere?" I turned my attention away from Cisco at the sound of my last name and found the doctor, dressed in a white overcoat, standing at the archway of the hall that separated the main desk and waiting room from the rest of this hospital wing. I quickly got to my feet, Cisco right beside me the whole time. His strong warm hand still held mine, giving me strength and solace.

"Yes?" I asked, my voice strained.

"I'm Dr. Morris, an oncologist, and I specialize in the lung cancer area so I took a look at your mother." He said and paused, I could almost feel him searching for the appropriate words.

"Yes?" I pressed on.

"Well, the- the cancer has progressed to stage four and has spread to both lungs and throughout the body." He explained, his voice sympathetic.

I took a sharp intake of breath and Cisco moved closer to me, squeezing my hand.

"Does that mean that- that she won't survive?" I asked, my eyes swelling with tears.

"No, no, it doesn't." He said quickly but his eyes didn't seem so assuring. A tear fell down my cheek. "Radiation and chemotherapy would be good options if your mother is agreeable to how it works and to its side effects." He said and right there I wanted to laugh coldly. She was most definitely not agreeable to how it worked or to its side effects.

"No. No, she's not. Thank you, doctor." I said, the tears falling freely now. He nodded, giving me a small empathic smile but he didn't leave yet.

"Your mother is able to check out tomorrow afternoon. We want to make sure she is fine before she heads back home and we'd like to run a few more tests too." He informed and I nodded hastily, wanting him to leave already. He did, and I was relieved. He wasn't unpleasant but his presence only reminded me of one thing.

I didn't move but let the tears stream down my face in silence that I was fighting to keep. I couldn't cry properly here. Then Cisco let go of my hand, leaving it cold and limp, but he only did so in order to walk to the front of me and face me, looking down at me. He cupped my face with both his strong hands and rubbed his fingers softly on the skin of my cheeks before wiping my tears away with his thumbs. The point was moot because the tears kept falling, once again moistening the trails each time the fell. He didn't give up and wiped the trail again. I didn't know why that simple action from him made me come undone, made the sob rip out of my throat and pierce the air around the two of us.

"It's okay, mi amor. I'll take care of you." He whispered, his voice firm yet gentle. I looked into his eyes through my tears, my vision blurry, but I could see the meaning in them, the determination. He had meant what he said and the realization made me cry further because it meant so much to me.

He took me into his arms with one quick motion and wrapped them around me. I buried my head into his chest and let the tears fall and the sobs cry out. His hard chest was like a shelter, giving me heat, and stifling the sobs that would have been much louder were it not for his body.

Cisco soothed my hair with one hand, the other rubbing calm circles onto the surface of my back. I wrapped my arms around him, crashing myself fully onto him and taking on the heat even more. My breasts throbbed against him as they were crushed against his hard muscles. He moved his lips to my ear, making me shudder, and spoke soothing words in his language. In spanish. My heart continued beating quickly and my pulse kept reverberating. Were it not for my being stricken with pain, I'd have fallen upon my knees and at his feet.

My heart cried for this man I had met just days ago.

"Come on, sweetheart." He whispered but I couldn't move. I didn't want to move. And Cisco figured that out, swooping me into his arms with an effortless motion. I gasped but let my head roll onto his head.

"Are you tired?" He whispered, gentle and caring.

"Mhm." I murmured, nodding against him.

"Then let's get you home so you can sleep, sweetheart." He said and my eyes shot open, my head rolling back into place so that I could look at him.

"No. You can go, Cisco, but I'm not. I can't leave her. She's the only parent I've got left." I said, my voice breaking at the last word as new tears started to fall down my face.

"Shh, honey, Mila, it's alright." He cooed, pressing me tighter against his chest. "I'll stay with you." He said tenderly, unbothered by the idea.

"You don't have to, Cisco. I'll be okay. I mean, where will you sleep-?" I started but he cut me off with a finger to my lips. He sat us down with me on his lap, my head resting on his shoulder. I must have looked like a small child but I could care less right now.

"Hush, Mila. I want to stay with you. And I have you to keep me company." He said, chuckling softly, and I felt the movement from his laughter because we were so close. This felt so intimate...

"Are you sure?" I asked, hope evident in my voice. I wanted him to stay with me so badly.

"Yes, I'm sure." He said softly, hugging me tightly to him. My heart couldn't beat any quicker.

"Cisco?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think she'll make it? Even in stage four?" I asked.

"There's always hope, Mila." He said gently but I knew that he too thought the chance was higher of her not surviving this time. But there was always hope. "Now go to sleep, you're exhausted, love. Don't worry, I'll take care of you." Cisco assured and I wrapped my arm around his neck, laying it on his shoulder blade. Then snuggled my face deep into his neck, breathing in the male scent of his cologne mixed with leather, the scent only Cisco had. His heat was soothing and lulling me to sleep.

"Thank You, Cisco." I said, laying a small kiss on the tender bronze skin.

"Anytime." He said, his voice thick and hungry. Wrapped in the shelter that was Cisco's arms, I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 3.1K 29
After she's sold to the mafia, she never thought that love would come in the form of a sizzling gray-eyed bodyguard. *...
416K 9K 28
Sophia Knight made a big mistake on the night of her graduation, rejection had drove Sophia away from her family and friend. Two years later sophia i...
1.6K 90 10
OUT OF MY REACH Liam I grab Aaliana's neck and push her against the wall. "Don't play your fucking games with me. It won't work", I lean in closer...
20K 647 28
"Sweetheart, would you slow down please," I ask her softly. "No thanks," she replies, not even looking back at me. I walk faster and, with a little l...