Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 12-

52.9K 1K 43
By repswiftly

-Nathan Blake-

“Ok, what possessed you to do that?” I chortle as Isabelle drives down the road, Caroline waving her hands in the air and screaming at the top of her voice. I laugh and cherish the moment. Isabelle is grinning and proud of what she did, but I needed answers.

“Belle” I call. The wind rushes past my ear making it hard to hear anything.

“Belle” I yell this time and she faces me, her face lit up and her hair flying wildly in the wind.

“What?” she asks and makes a sharp left. I get jolted back from the force and then back up again.

“Woah, you’re a reckless driver” I exclaim and watch her drive, crazily.

“Exactly the reason why her car is getting repaired. She drove into a lamp post” Caroline butts in and I laugh.

“That was by accident” Isabelle replies defensively and brakes at a red light.

“Yeah, of course it was” answers Caroline, with the obvious sarcasm in her voice.

“Nathan” she calls and I look back at her, her hair messed from the wind.

“What?” I ask and facing her. Her hair messed up and she looked out of breath.

“Aren’t you and Isabelle meant to go on a honeymoon?”

I look at Isabelle quickly and she her cheeks flush scarlet. I can feel mine too, going pink and I nervously cough.

“Yeah, but it’ll have to be a bit late. I have this business idea to sort out with Ruby Daniels and that will take a week.” I respond and see the horrified look on their face as I mentioned Ruby’s name.

“Ruby?” asks Isabelle, her voice sounding slightly alarmed at the news.

“Why her?” Caroline demands, sitting down on the back seat properly.

“It’s just a business deal, a car auction that they hold with other businesses. It’s not a big deal”

“Ohh” says Caroline in a shrill voice. “My dad went to one of them. Ruby’s dad’s car business thingy. He bought a car.”

I throw my hands in the air. “It’s kind of what it’s all about.” I chortle.

“But, do you have to do this?” asks Isabelle, she starts driving more sanely now and looks directly at me. Her eyes still sparkling in the night, lit up by the passing streetlights.

“Just for business. That’s all. It’ll be over soon.” I reassure her, and somehow see her hurt a little. “But after that, we can go anywhere. You choose”

“I get to choose?” she queries sounding quite alarmed at the offer to choose the place for our honeymoon.

“Yeah, where would you like to go?” I smile widely.

I watch her bite her lip and smirk. I can see her thinking of the right place to visit. And whatever that place is, I’d try and make it as romantic as possible.

“London” she says after a long time.

“London?” I ask and she nods.

“I’ve always wanted to go.” She smiles and glances at me, wanting my approval.

“Of course” I say. “It’s not as romantic” I mumble under my breath but Isabelle hears.

“What did you say there?”

“Nothing” I quickly say. “Londonit is, in a couple of weeks time.” I take my chance a change the subject. “You still haven’t said. Why’d you barge into the meeting?”

She gives a short giggle and glances at Caroline. “Alison came home because she was bored to death and we thought you must be too. You were in there for hours. We saved you.” Isabelle beams. I helplessly smile too and slowly take her soft hand in mine.

“You were right, I was dying in there. Thank you for saving me.” I grin at her. But to my dismay, her smile vanished and she became uneasy. She quickly took her hand away and placed both on the steering wheel. I faced forward this time and leaned my head on my hand, staying quiet for the rest of the way.

***

“Where the hell did you guys go?” howls Alison and trots down the porch steps. “You disappeared from your room, and Nathan, what the hell are you doing here? Is the meeting over?”

“Not quite” I say and open the car door, Isabelle does the same and pulls at her sleeves. Alison glared towards her now. “You went and got him, in the middle of a meeting?” she asked in disbelief and Isabelle shifted from one foot to another.

I look at how nervous and worried she looked so I stepped in. Putting my arms around her waist and pulling her close to my side. “Calm down, Alison. I called her and she came for me. The meeting isn’t over but I couldn’t take it any longer. Please call them at the office and tell them to fax the papers through after they’ve decided. Then I’ll sign it.”

Alison gives a low ‘tut’ and strolls back up the stairs. Me, Isabelle and Caroline watch her as she goes and the driver takes the keys off Isabelle. Her head is leaning on my cheek so I bend down and kiss her gently, trailing down to her neck. She shudders at the touch and tried to push me away.

My mouth stops near her ear. “We’ll be going toLondonin two weeks” I breathe and she slowly moves herself away from me. She awkwardly looks at me, tucks her hair behind her ear and runs up the steps, closely followed by Caroline.

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

I lie awake, listening to his low snores that echo the room in the silence. Occasionally, owls hoot outside the window and I listen carefully. I somehow can’t get to sleep. I turn to my side and face Nathan’s back, his soft skin, and his muscles flexing at he breathes loudly. I get a longing to wrap my arms around him, put my head on his back and finally fall asleep while I listen to him calmly breath in and out.

I shake the thought away and turn to the other side. Now looking directly at the bedside table, displaying my phone. Then I remember that I haven’t call home since I left. I seriously needed to. I abruptly grab my phone and punch in the numbers. I here the ringing go on for sometime until someone picks up and groggily say ‘Hello’.

“Hello, mom?” I ask hopefully. I just needed to hear her voice.

“Belle?” She asks and yawns on the other end.

“Yeah, it’s me” I breathe, smiling while tears fall from my eyes.

“Belle, oh goodness, it’s so good to hear from you” she exclaims and sighs. “How’sFrance, honey?” she asks.

“It’s good, how are you?” I whisper, my voice shaking at the sound of my mothers voice.

“Well, it’s 3 at night here, so I was asleep.” She chuckles.

“I’m sorry mom. Time difference. 6 hours ahead here” I laugh and she does too, but I smile and sob at the same time.

“Belle, are you ok?” she asks, more concerned now.

I clear my throat and wipe my falling tears away. “Yeah, I just miss you so much.”

“Oh honey, I miss you too but we’ll see each other again. Listen, I want you to have a great summer. Enjoy France.” She answers and I can almost see her smiling at the other end.

“I will, love you. Good night” I whisper.

“Love you too, night” and I hang up the phone. Staring at the blank screen. Nathan near me shuffles and sits up straight, his tired eyes on me.

“You called you parents?” he grumbles and I slowly nod, and tears fall down my cheek.

The next thing that happens is Nathan pulling me into a one arm hug. I’d move away, but all the strength is drained from me, I start feeling so weak and tired. Instead, I wrap my arm around his waist and we slide down into bed. The duvet covering us both, and Nathan’s body heat radiating off him. I close my eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep.

***

I wake and find the bed empty. Nathan had gone. I stretch and throw the duvet off me to open the window. It was stuffy in the room and I needed fresh air. I catch a few voices outside my room and go to investigate, but I look down as I walk and bump (as always) into Nathan’s back who’s in deep conversation with Alison.

He whirls around, first scowling then, beaming down at me.

“Hi,” He smiles and puts his hands in his pockets.

“Hi” I mumble and look past Nathan’s shoulder to see Alison, carrying a number of files in her hands.

“Nathan, please quickly sign it” pleads Alison and pushes a piece of paper in front of his face. “I have to get it down to the office now”

Nathan nods and clears his throat, he grabs a sleek, silver pen and scribbles down his name.

“There,” he smiles and gives it back to Alison. “Now what?”

“I forgot- er oh yeah, there’s someone downstairs waiting for you in the living room” she says and walks away with a flick of her hair. Nathan’s eyes finally meet mine and a smile curls on his lips.

“Get changed and we’ll see who it is” he grins and leans against the wall, watching me. I’m glued to the floor as his gaze stays on me. “I’ll wait here, you change”

“Oh” I exclaim and run back inside the room.

***

“You look great” he compliments me while we both walk down the spiral staircase. I smile at him and he takes my hand. I don’t object and we both proceed downstairs.

He pulls me along to the living room, filled with butlers and maids rushing past. It was clearly a busy day, but something else caught my eye. I groan, this was a bad start to the day.

____________________________________________________________________________

I posted it anyway! It was saved in drafts and I nearly lost it!!! So I'll post it now for you! Please comment and vote! Oh and there's a picture of Ruby and Caroline at the side.

Thanks x x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...
240K 16.9K 54
"Being sober sucks." "I feel like being dead sucks more." Every second that passes by only makes the want for a drink feel greater. With every second...
5.1M 189K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
22.3K 1.6K 9
When Daniela Simmons' younger sister enters her name in a reality TV dating show, the last thing she expects is to be randomly chosen among 39,000 en...