Regret-Jikook

By burned_petals

"I don't know what you want me to tell you but if you don't believe me then go ahead, do what you want to do... More

Prologue
Cold
Jungkook
Jimin
Can't wait to break
Face to Face
Wish Granted
Truth Is Ugly
Pay Back
Let me go
Caged
Memories Hurt
Let's Talk
You ask Why?
Intruder
Pathetic
Begin
Let's Eat
Just why
Jin Hyung
Is This called "Freedom"
Shopping
Switch Places
It hurts me too
Ready to Love?
Party in the house
A Way Out?
I Confess
Dance
"What is wrong with you all?"
The Tough Stuff
Out on a Date
Right decision to make
Leave
Abandoned
I Still Want You
FINAL DECISION
I NEED YOU
Vain Pride
Let's Plan a Murder Today
Everything will be alright
Wake Up, Please
TOO LATE

There for you (Finale)

19.5K 848 522
By burned_petals

3rd POV:

Time skip (4 years)

Jungkook was standing at the far end of the bridge; his body leaned down on the supporting railing that was preventing him to fall straight into the river. The setting sun illuminated his sad but sharp features almost giving him a divine look. 

So many things had happened in these four years, so many transitions and yet some things were still the same rendered eternal by the time. 

Something snapped inside Jungkook the day he bid farewell to the love of his life.

 He didn't get angry, he didn't bathe himself in the blood of his enemies because he knew it wasn't something that he would have wanted.

 He knew his angel was way too damn forgiving, way to self-sacrificing.

 Jungkook loathed his very existence after all it was all his fault at the end.

 He was the one responsible for every single thing that happened the day after he abandoned him.

 How could he be so blind of his love that the latter had to prove to him by giving up his life?

 He was supposed to die that day.

he was supposed to be killed.

Then why did he had to interfere and punish him this life where he was dying every second.

He used to take pride in the fact that he was always all alone in his life, that he had no one care, no vulnerability but this loneliness was eating him now.

 He suffered the most from HIS loss but he wasn't the only one suffering, they all were.

 They never blamed Jungkook for what happened but the younger knew that they hated him from the inside.

 They still lived in the same house but the distance between them seemed unapproachable. 

They would hardly talk with each other, it felt like they all retraced themselves in a capsule where everyone was struggling to manage the loss of Jimin. 

They were like seven beads hanging from a single thread that when one broke, they all fell apart, scattered in the space that couldn't be filled.

 The sun had almost set and the twinkling stars were starting to appear in the sky. 

With a long deep sigh, Jungkook pulled his body off the railing, straightened his back that felt stiff from bending this long.

 He checked his watch, the dials of the clock indicating six in the evening. 

"It's time", he said to himself as he started to walk towards the building he was awfully familiarized with these past four years. 

The familiar smell of the disinfectant invaded his nostrils, but he didn't mind the smell after all this was the place where he gets to see his love.

 He slowly opened the door of the whitewashed room with a bed lying in the center and a long couch placed near the wall. 

The familiar beeping of the machines could be heard as a small figure appeared to be peacefully sleeping on the bed.

 His hair was still as soft as it was four years ago but it was slowly losing his luster. His plump lips were chapped and dry from lack of hydration; his once chubby cheeks were hollow and pale. 

The expression on his face wasn't a pained one, rather he appeared to be in a peaceful slumber; free from every care of the world. 

He was comatose for the past four years. 

The doctors had successfully operated the injuries but the blood loss was too much for his fragile body to withstand sending his brain into shock. 

The doctors were hopeful that he might wake up but it has been four years now and still, there was no progress in his state.

 "Please baby wake up, you have been sleeping for hella long time, please open your eyes now", Jungkook softly caressed his hair repeating the same phrase he has been repeating for the past four years.

 He smiled a painful smile while adjusting himself on his bed beside His sleeping beauty.

 It has become a habit now, with him lying for hours beside him just watching him sleep, praying for the slightest movements, even for a little eye twitch but he always remained the same like a lifeless doll. 

"I am so sorry love; you have no idea how sorry I am. I have suffered enough for my mistakes please, end my punishment now. I don't think I can take it anymore", Jungkook said while kissing the back of his palm with heavy tears falling on his hands.

 He kept holding his hands till he fell asleep beside Jimin because that was the only place he could find sleep at, but in his hazy state, he missed the slight twitch of the latter's hand that he has been holding.

                                                                                              ***

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes to see a pair of deer eyes staring lovingly at him.

 How long did he wished for those eyes to open, to turn into small crescents like they use to when he smiled "but sadly it's just a dream" he thought. 

He stretched his hand out to touch those hollow cheeks, "If only I could see you looking at me in reality", Jungkook softly muttered a small tear leaving his eyes. 

This all felt so real, the touch, the feeling but he knew once he snaps his eyes this mirage will shatter into pieces.

 "This is real kookie, I am here", Jimin said in a hoarse voice. 

It took Jungkook a minute to comprehend the situation and once the realization hit him, he abruptly jerked himself up in a sitting position. 

"This c-can't be true right, it's all a dream", Jungkook stuttered out nervously scared to touch the person in front of him now, afraid that he might disappear any second.

 "But it is true Kookie, I am awake", Jimin oh so melodious voice hit his ears. 

"No you are not, you are just an illusion, my Jiminie left me, I can never see him smile again, why must my brain play these sick tricks upon me, why I......", Jungkook was cut off of his mumbling by a sharp yet soft slap to his cheek.

 "Did that make you believe that this is not a dream", Jimin said showering the latter with the same charming smile that Jungkook was dying to see again.

 It took a moment for Jungkook to come back to his sense and when he did, he threw himself on the smaller, hugging him tightly, kissing every inch of his face repeatedly making Jimin giggle in response. 

"Stop, hehehe, kookie", Jimin was a giggling mess while Jungkook was holding the boy securely for his dear life. 

"Kookie", Jimin continue to giggle pushing Jungkook back a little.

 "What", Jimin said looking at the younger who was lovingly staring at him. 

"I still can't believe that you are awake Jimin, I was so scared that I will lose you", Jungkook said cupping Jimin's cheek. 

"I am so sorry Jimin, so sorry for pushing you so far away from me, for questioning your love for me, for stealing four years of your life from you. It was supposed to be that day me Jiminah, do you have any idea how much I suffered in these past years. I was so alone, haunted by each memory that we made, haunted by the guilt. I was this close to breaking baby, I don't know what I would have done if you haven't woken up", Tears were streaming down both of their faces as they held each other closer, enjoying each other's warmth.

 "You don't have to apologize for anything Kookie, I love you and I will always do anything for you, even if it means ending my life", Jimin said in between the sobs.

 "Don't ever say that again Jimin, I would rather die a thousand times than to let even a single scratch appear on your body ever again", he softly lifted Jimin's face leveling it closer to him while pulling him in for a soft kiss.

 "Mppphh, I smell horrible Kookie, don't kiss me yet", Jimin said whining, a bit embarrassed of the situation.

 "Shut up babe, your lips are sweeter to me than all the sugar of this world", Jungkook grinned widely while pulling him again to connect their lips.

 "Ahmm", a cough made them snap back to their surroundings to see an awkward doctor holding a clipboard giving them a subtle smirk.

 "I see you have woken up Mr. Jeon", the doctor appeared to be giving Jeon a sarcastic remark making his head low in embarrassment. 

"Well I need to talk to you about Mr. Park's medical condition", the statement made Jungkook all serious listening to the doctor intently. 

"He was comatose for almost four years so he will need a lot of physiotherapies and intense care to make his lower limbs move, so you will be helping Mr. Park move around for some time, apart from that he appears to be fine, you might take him home today", the doctor announced. 

"Thank you so much doctor for taking care of him this long and not giving up on him", Jungkook thanked the doctor wholeheartedly.

 "Don't thank me, Mr. Jeon, after all, it's my duty to care for my patients, I am glad he is all healthy now, you need to be extra careful from now on not to hurt him again", the doctor gave them a wink and moved out of the room.

 "You ready to go home baby?" Jungkook grinned widely bending to pick the younger bridal style while moving out of the room.

 "Let's give Hyungs the biggest surprise of their life", Jungkook said winking at Jimin making him blush in response.

 Jungkook parked his car in the driveway, opening the passenger door, picking Jimin bridal style yet again. 

They made their way towards the living room that was awfully quiet as usual even when it was not devoid of human presence. 

Taehyung and Hoseok were sitting next to each other but both busy on their phones, Yoongi was as usual sleeping on the couch and the rattling sound in the kitchen indicated Jin's presence. 

Everyone was busy with themselves that no one noticed them standing there awkwardly in the middle of the room. 

The loud sound of shattering of plates caught everyone attention as all eyes snapped towards the source of the sound. 

There was Jin standing there with a hand over his mouth, Namjoon standing beside him with a same shocked expression. 

The other three people followed their gazes only to see Jungkook with a grinning Jimin in his arms. 

"Jiminee~" Taehyung was the first one to pull him together launching himself straight towards him. 

"Wait, Tae, you will make me fall", Jungkook protested Taehyung's advances as he softly laid Jimin's body on the couch. 

Soon everyone surrounded him, chattering out loudly and the once dead living room was lit up again just with the addition of this adorable human being.

 "Welcome home Jiminie",

"Oh my, look at how weak you are, let me make some soup for you", 

"I missed you a lot Jiminah", 

"don't scare us like this again",

 "Oh my God, I have soo many things to share with you",

 "Do you know that........." 

a number of sounds intermixed with each other making loud noise reaching Jungkook's ears but he wasn't minding it at all.

 All his eyes could comprehend was the small mochi that was surrounded by overly wild and excited Hyungs, being pampered and cared for. 

Jungkook smiled at the sight.

 This was his family. 

Jimin was HIS

and it was all that he could ever want.

 He might have a dark past, but the present mattered to him the most and this moment right here was all he could wish for.

 "What good did I ever do to be blessed with such an angel", he smiled to himself promising to preserve this sight for eternity.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: And this marks the end of Regret.

I am happy that my another story is yet completed but also sad because I really loved writing this story💜🌓

I am so thankful to all of you guys who have been supporting this story from the beginning till the very end😚😚😚

 I hope you are satisfied with the ending now, it was always planned this way....... I am not that evil you know to give you all a sappy end 😈😌😌😎

I have uploaded the prologue for my next story, add it to your libraries <3 <3 <3

I will start updating in a few days 😎😎😌

Once again Thank you all, lotzzzz of love Guys😍😍😘😘

FOLLOW me if you want to😛😛😛

Kainay🙈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 63 22
As you were running you could only think of him to come and save you. You smiled at since he heard you, and at his approaching figure but it slowly f...
72.4K 2.7K 25
WARNING MATURE AND DISTURBING VIOLENT SCENES READ AT OWN RISK Fresh out of college with a Psychology Degree and she's working at a bar in the middle...
376K 28.2K 105
[Mature audience] "So let me get this straight," Jimin says, licking his strawberry plump lips that's forming a smug smirk on his slender face, choco...
8.4K 740 26
"ssshhhhh... do you want them to hear?" He nibbled his earlobe who squirmed under his intense gaze. "please... I want to go back... let me go..." his...