A Coincidence of a Marriage ⤇...

By -haii-baii-

It was a mere coincidence. A coincidence of a marriage that changed my life. --- "Sorry." He muttered before... More

Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: And the Truth Is Out
Chapter 3: Moving In
Chapter 4: Organizing the Place
Chapter 5: Family Dinner?
Chapter 6: Facetime
Chapter 7: Math Project
Chapter 8: Break Up
Chapter 9: End of Year Project
Chapter 10: Late Nights
Chapter 11: Tests, Tests, and More Tests
Chapter 12: A Surprise Birthday
Chapter 13: The News Spreads
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15: Birthday Dinner
Chapter 16: Group Chat
Chapter 17: Stalker
Chapter 18: Extra Protection
Chapter 19: Dinner
Chapter 20: Gone
Chapter 21: Trapped
Chapter 22: Rescued
Chapter 24: Confession
Chapter 25: Sleepover
Chapter 26: Late to Finals
Chapter 27: Finals
Chapter 28: Picking Up Jisung
Chapter 29: First Date
Chapter 30: MT Trip
Chapter 31: Kidnapped
Chapter 32: More?
Epilogue

Chapter 23: Police Statements

4.1K 147 36
By -haii-baii-

«why does it look like he has a halo around him?»

Park Jieun's POV

"Park Jieun." The officer called out. "We need your statement."

"Coming." I answered. Jaemin was still sleeping after an hour since we arrived at the station. Both of our parents were here, both concerned over our conditions. "Jeno, can you come over here?"

"What do you need?" Jeno asked, shoving the last piece of the sausage in his mouth.

"Can you be Jaemin's pillow while I give my statement to the police?" I asked him. "I feel like Jaemin would be more comfortable if you were his pillow since he's really close with you."

"Oh, yeah, sure." Jeno said, smiling his iconic eye smile. He lifted Jaemin's head slightly and quickly switched positions with me. I could feel my butt burning after sitting down for so long. "Anything for you two."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes while smiling. "I've gotta go."

"Have fun!~" Jeno teased behind me. I chuckled to myself. I followed the officer into the statement room.

"Welcome." The female officer smiled. She held out a pen, a Ziploc bag, and a pad of post it notes. "If you could, could you write down your password or take off the password and put it inside this bag?"

"Yes ma'am." I answered, opening my phone and taking off the password. There was no way I was going to write down my embarrassing password. I placed the phone in the bag, and the officer zipped it shut. She proceeded to pull out her phone and showed it recording our talk.

"Could you please describe to the best of your ability the day of the kidnapping?" She asked.

"It was after school, Jaemin and I were walking to the convenience store with Mark." I began to recollect the memories. "We had some ramen with a few difficulties, and Jaemin said that he had to go outside to check to see if one of our parents were there. He left the store,After and I finished off my ramen, so I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on outside. I was basically staring at my ramen out of embarrassment of what Jaemin did before he left.

"Once I finished the ramen, I looked outside to see someone dragging Jaemin. The rest is a blur." I admitted with shame. "From what I remember, I told Mark to do something, ran outside, and grabbed the person by their shoulder. They pushed me off and hit me on the head, and I woke up in the hospital."

"Could you explain how you realized that the person who was texting you through Jaemin's phone was not Jaemin?" The officer asked. I remained silent. "Your statement will be confidential."

"I guess the main reason was because the person said that I was his girlfriend." I admitted. "The truth is that Jaemin and I are not dating. We're just close friends, that's all. Jaemin just prefers to have a ton of skinship."

"That's different from what your friends said." The officer said. "They stated that you two were indeed in some relationship; however, it wasn't in a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship, but it was a confidential relationship."

"Yes, we are in a confidential relationship." I said, carefully picking out my words. "However, we were sworn to secrecy to not tell anyone, not even the authorities. So, the best way to say this would be that we are really close friends."

"Would this be implying that you two are in some relationship, perhaps a forced relationship or maybe even marriage?" The officer asked.

"We are in some relationship." I admitted. "May I ask how this pertains to the case?"

"It's because we need to know how everyone realized how the suspect mentioning you as Jaemin's girlfriend was a giveaway that it wasn't Jaemin texting you guys, but the suspect."

"Are you sure that my answer will be 100% confidential?" I asked.

"Yes." The officer answered. "We won't allow any of the case be released until after the suspect has been completely convicted of their crime. Even then, we filter out some of the information to protect the identity of the victim or victims."

"May I talk with Jaemin for a minute before I answer?" I asked the officer. She smiled.

"Of course." She paused her recording. "However, an officer has to be present in the room."

"Understandable." I sighed. "Can I go get Jaemin?"

"I can get him." The officer said, getting up. She opened the door and called out. "Jaemin? Could you come in here for a minute?"

"I'm sorry, officer." I heard Jeno's voice. "He's still asleep. I don't want to try to wake him up."

"How long has he been sleeping?" The officer asked.

"For around two hours now." Jeno answered. "He should be awake in an hour from now unless he's been cutting his sleep."

"Is it ok if you wake him up right now?" The officer asked.

"I can try." I heard Jeno sigh. "Could you have Jieun come out?"

"Of course." The officer answered and came in. She looked at me, and I stood up. She followed me out of the room towards Jaemin. I knelt down by Jaemin and shook him.

"Jaemin," I quietly spoke. "It's time to wake up." He didn't budge.

"That's not how you do it." Donghyuck spoke up next to me. I jumped in my place.

"How do you do it?" I asked, trying to calm my heart down. He smiled and leaned in towards Jaemin's ear.

"NA JAEMIN!" He screamed. "IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP! I HEARD THAT JENO GOT HIMSELF A GIRLFRIEND!"

"Yah, Jeno!" Jaemin shot up. He moved his head around and somehow found Jeno. He slapped Jeno really hard in the chest to where Jeno winced from the pain. "I'm your best friend!"

"Glad to see that you're awake," The officer said. "Jieun wanted to talk to you about something in private."

"What?" Jaemin asked, slowly opening his eyes. He shut them back again after he realized how bright the lights were.

"I need to ask you something." I told him, grabbing his arm. "In private."

"Oh, ok." He said, trying to wake himself up. "What is it?"

"Wait until we get into the room." I told him. He quietly obeyed and followed my lead. Once we got into the room, the officer shut the door and stood in the corner. I took this opportunity to ask him. "Can I tell the officers about... us?"

"What do you mean about—oh." Jaemin's eyes were wide open now. "I mean it's up to you. Will your answer remain anonymous?"

"They said it would." I told him. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Just tell them." Jaemin said. "I mean if they will keep it anonymous, then eventually our parents will make it even more anonymous."

"Are you ready, Jieun?" The officer asked. I looked at Jaemin who took my hand and gave it a squeeze. He smiled and stood up.

"Yes." I told the officer.

"Alright," She opened the door. "Jaemin, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room."

"Yes, ma'am." Jaemin got up with a creepy smile on him. "Jeno and Donghyuck are going to be dead soon."

"I hope not literally." The officer smiled. Jaemin smiled back.

"Of course not." He said. "Just theoretically."

"Alright." The officer sighed, watching Jaemin walk out of the room. She closed the door and pulled out her phone. She placed it on the table and pressed 'record'. "As I was asking before, in what relationship are you and Jaemin in?"

"We're married." I admitted.

"Na Jaemin?" The officer called from behind me. "We would like to talk to you." I saw Jaemin get up from his seat as I walked back to where he was sitting.

"Good luck." I whispered towards him. He smiled and walked past me.

"Thanks." He whispered back. I couldn't help but smile back at him. I sat down at where he was sitting before. I noticed that everyone had left except for our parents.

"So, I heard from Jaemin that you had to tell the authorities on your situation." My mom began. "Are you ok?" I nodded.

"Are you sure?" Jaemin's mom asked. "I heard that you were the one that didn't want the truth to come out."

"Yeah," I answered. "Besides, they said that they would keep everything anonymous."

"Okay, sweetheart." My mom took me into a big hug. "It's going to be okay. Jaemin's back safe and sound."

"I know, mom." I whispered, feeling the tears fall. "I know."

i hate school :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 663 26
❝ trouble never looked so damn fine ❞ 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲: 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦? 𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵...
peter pan By m

Fanfiction

2.1K 120 10
days passed and jisung have not said a word to renjun. renjun didn't notice that though. he was busy with his best friend that he didn't notice the y...
19.1K 268 39
A hopeless romantic Grace Kim never knew that her life changed after she met a new, hot-dummy and soon to be an heir-waiter in her favorite cafe. A...
4.6K 78 21
"You don't just like him do you, it's something more than that right?" Arranged marriage au Melodies of Love: Book 1 start: 10/03/24 end: 16/03/24 w...