A Coincidence of a Marriage ⤇...

Por -haii-baii-

It was a mere coincidence. A coincidence of a marriage that changed my life. --- "Sorry." He muttered before... Mais

Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: And the Truth Is Out
Chapter 3: Moving In
Chapter 4: Organizing the Place
Chapter 5: Family Dinner?
Chapter 6: Facetime
Chapter 7: Math Project
Chapter 8: Break Up
Chapter 9: End of Year Project
Chapter 10: Late Nights
Chapter 11: Tests, Tests, and More Tests
Chapter 13: The News Spreads
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15: Birthday Dinner
Chapter 16: Group Chat
Chapter 17: Stalker
Chapter 18: Extra Protection
Chapter 19: Dinner
Chapter 20: Gone
Chapter 21: Trapped
Chapter 22: Rescued
Chapter 23: Police Statements
Chapter 24: Confession
Chapter 25: Sleepover
Chapter 26: Late to Finals
Chapter 27: Finals
Chapter 28: Picking Up Jisung
Chapter 29: First Date
Chapter 30: MT Trip
Chapter 31: Kidnapped
Chapter 32: More?
Epilogue

Chapter 12: A Surprise Birthday

6.3K 197 327
Por -haii-baii-

«i love the 00 liner... like they can be their own unit and i wouldnt mind»

Park Jieun's POV

"So, Jieun," Jinyoung teased, sliding in to the spot next to me in the booth seat. "You two aren't dating?"

"We aren't!" I whined again. "We're just good friends!"

"Based on this face, I doubt it." Jeno squished Jaemin's cheek.

"Tell us~" Jinyoung whined, shaking my arm. "You two are so dating."

"What about you two?" I pointed at Jeno and Jinyoung. "Why are you two here?"

"Because Lucas arranged a student council meeting here." Jinyoung said with a blank face. "Did you not get the text?"

"No." I shook my head, confused at the situation.

"Oh," Jinyoung said, slouching into the seat. "I guess he forgot?"

"It's possible." I nodded. "He tends to forget a lot of things."

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Jaemin said, getting up. "Move, Jeno."

"No." Jeno pouted and crossed his arms. Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"I will dump this water and sugar on top of you if you don't move." Jaemin threatened.

"Bet!" Jeno stuck his tongue out. Jaemin grabbed the water and sugar packet and hovered it over Jeno.

"Please?" Jaemin asked.

"Now you say please." Jeno rolled his eyes before moving out of the seat for Jaemin. "You could've said that in the beginning and this issue wouldn't have happened."

"Whatever," Jaemin smiled while rolling his eyes. He placed the water and sugar packet on the table. He got up and left to go to the bathroom.

"Now, where were we?" Jinyoung turned towards me. "Are you sure that you two aren't dating?"

"We aren't!" I exclaimed. "We're just good friends going out to eat something on a Friday."

"You positive?" Jeno was the one to ask this.

"Yes!" I exasperated. In the corner of my eye, I saw Lucas come in. "Oh, look! Lucas is here."

"Lucas!" Jinyoung called out to him. He heard her and came over.

"Yes, that's me." Lucas said, running his hand through his hair. "Did you need something?"

"We wanted to ask if you agree with us," Jinyoung started. "Doesn't it seem like Jaemin and Jieun are dating?"

"When?" Lucas asked.

"See?" I pointed at Lucas. "That's my point. We aren't dating."

"Can I get a quick officer student council meeting?" Lucas pointed at Jinyoung and Jeno. Jinyoung slapped her forehead.

"That's right!" She exclaimed. "I forgot you weren't an officer in student council."

"You're so smart!" I sarcastically praised her.

"Shut up." She bashfully said. "I just assumed you were since you're like in everything I am in."

"Sure, whatever." I said, smiling at her. "Go have fun at your mandatory meeting."

"Yeah," she sighed. "I'm gonna have so much fun." I smiled at her as she proceeded to get out and have her mandatory student council meeting. I saw Lucas' girlfriend as well as Jungwoo at a booth since they were officers as well. I started to play around with my drink when the lights began to dim.

"Happy birthday to you~" I saw Jaemin come out of the bathroom holding a cake with candles. I saw the student council officers stand up and join him. "Happy birthday to you~"

"What's going on?" I asked, bewildered at the occasion. I saw the employees start to gather around Jaemin, some of which eyed the cake in case it dropped. They arrived at my booth.

"Happy birthday dear Jieun~" Everyone sang. "Happy birthday to you~"

"I don't know what to say..." I trailed off. I checked my phone. The date wasn't wrong, it was my birthday.

"Blow out the candles!" I heard Jinyoung scream. "And wish for a boyfriend!"

"Happy birthday, JIeun." Jaemin smiled. "You should probably follow your friend's advice because my arms are hurting."

"Alright," I sighed, rolling my eyes. I closed my eyes and blew out the candles. I could hear the cheers of my friends as the candles went out. In front of me, Jaemin smiled, giving off an eye smile as well.

I could feel my heart racing and face heating up once I saw that smile. It was different for some reason in that moment.

"You seriously had to hold a fake student council officer meeting just so you could surprise me?" I raised an eyebrow at Lucas.

"Well, it was the only way to make it not seem obvious." Lucas shrugged. "Thank god Jaemin and Jeno were down with this plan."

"Anything to support a ship." Jeno smiled.

"For the last time, we're not dating!" Jaemin and I said.

"Aww, you two are even in sync with each other." Jinyoung cooed. Jeno checked his watch before speaking up.

"I also invited some other friends because they were also supportive of this relationship." He said, eyeing the door. "I think I see them."

Everyone's eyes turned to the door where we saw Jaemin's group of friends enter. They came in bearing gifts, and their eyes lit up once they saw me. Mark was the first to speak up.

"Happy birthday, Jieun!" He handed me my present.

"Thanks!" I took the present and placed it in front of me on the table.

"You know, it's funny." Donghyuck said. "Your birthday is right in the middle of Chenle and Jisung's birthday."

"Who's Jisung?" I asked. They pointed at a little kid who looked like a middle schooler.

"So, are you two a thing now?" Mark pointed at Jaemin and I.

"Why does everyone ask that?" I complained. "We're just friends."

"That's what they all say." Donghyuck snorted, sitting down next to Mark, making Jaemin's side really squished. Renjun squished himself next to Donghyuck while Chenle and Jisung chose to sit next to Jungwoo on our side, squishing me closer to the window.

"Thank god that this booth is big." I muttered.

"What did you say?" Donghyuck leaned forward, putting his hand to his ear. "I couldn't quite catch that."

"I said 'Thank god that this booth is big enough to fit everyone or else it would for sure break'." I smiled at him. The waitress came over with more menus.

"Now, I get it that it was a surprise birthday present, so I'll give you guys some time to choose what you want to eat." The waitress passed out the menus and pulled out a pen and pad. "For now, what would you like to drink?"

"I'll take a coke." Mark said.

"Me too." Donghyuck said.

"I'll have a coke as well." Jeno answered.

"I'll have a lemonade." Renjun smiled at the waitress.

"Can we have a refill on our drinks?" Jaemin pointed at my drink and his. "They were both waters."

"Yes, you can." The waitress smiled before turning over to my side.

"I'll take a water." Jungwoo said.

"We'll take a sprite." Lucas pointed at him and his girlfriend.

"I'll have an apple juice." Jisung spoke up. "He'll have one too."

"No, I won't!" Chenle protested, causing us to laugh. "I'll have orange juice."

"I'll have a water, please." Jinyoung told the waitress. "Thank you."

"My pleasure!" The waitress smiled, putting the pen and pad away. "I'll be back with your drinks in a few minutes." She left, giving a wink towards us, more specifically all of the guys.

"I bet ten won that she's gonna be flirting with someone over there the rest of the night." Jinyoung placed some money on the table, pointing at my side. "Who's betting with me?"

"I am." Jungwoo placed some money on the table. "Except I bet that she's gonna try to flirt with Lucas."

"Hey!" Lucas' girlfriend protested. "He's my man."

"We understand that, Yoojin." Jungwoo exasperated. "But, how many times have girls tried to flirt with him, knowing that he's taken?"

"Hey, I can't help that I'm a hot guy." Lucas gave a cheeky smile. Yoojin pouted, crossed her arms and turned away from him. "I'm sorry." He gave her a peck on her cheek.

"Eww!" Donghyuck held out his hands in front of him. "Someone call the PDA police!"

"Hello?" Chenle held his phone up to his ear. "Yes, I would like to report a case of PDA next to me right now."

"You guys should stop!" Lucas complained, reaching across the table to get Chenle's phone out of his hand. We laughed at how silly Lucas looked trying to get Chenle's phone. The rest of the night continued in a light atmosphere as it continued. 

"Alright, Jungwoo," Jinyoung held out her hand as we walked outside. "You owe me ten."

"Whatever," Jungwoo grumbled as he pulled out his wallet. He took out ten won and handed it to Jinyoung. "You only won because Yoojin scared off the waitress."

"A win is still a win." Jinyoung shrugged. "Thank you Jaemin for the meal!" She bowed towards Jaemin, who was flustered at her actions.

"Oh, no need to thank me." Jaemin awkwardly rubbed his hand against the nape of his neck. "It was just a gift from me to all of you."

"And to Jieun." Jinyoung wiggled her eyebrows.

"Alright," I pushed her towards the direction of the nearest bus station. "You're drunk and you need to go home."

"But I haven't had any alcohol." She put a finger to her cheek, trying to act cute. "I'm only saying the truth."

"Jungwoo, Lucas, can you guys take her home?" I asked my friends. They nodded and began to push her towards the bus station.

"C'mon, you're ruining their moment." I heard Jungwoo say to her.

"We're not dating!" I screamed at him. I only heard him laugh before he turned the corner on the street.

"Anyway," Mark held out his hand, which Jaemin took, and they did a guy hug. "I have to go drop off the kids at their houses or else their moms will be on my ass."

"Alright, dude." Jaemin patted Mark's back. "See you at school."

"Happy birthday Jieun!" Mark waved before dragging Chenle and Jisung towards the subway station, the opposite way from the bus station.

"Happy birthday!" I heard the two kids say. I laughed and replied to them as they went off.

"Well, we need to get going as well." Renjun yawned. "It's late and I've only had around 9 hours of sleep this week."

"Already?" Donghyuck whined. "But the night's only just begun!"

"We should leave the two lov—I mean 'friends'," Jeno wiggles his eyebrow at Jaemin and I, causing me to give him an eyeroll. "We should give them some time to themselves."

"Fine." Donghyuck sighed. "Don't forget to open our present when you get home."

"I will." I smiled. "Bye!"

Donghyuck, Renjun, and Jeno waved back as they walked away towards the bus station, giggling and skipping along like little girls. I felt Jaemin's arm wrap around my waist, sending shivers down my back. I looked over to him and saw him waving towards his friends before he looked down at me. Once we made eye contact, he smiled, sending butterflies into my stomach.

"Ready to go home?" He asked, still smiling. I nodded. "Let's go then."

We walked towards his car and got in. He started his car and began to drive back to the apartment complex building. This time, I started up a conversation.

"How did you know that it was my birthday?" I asked him once we hit the stop and go traffic.

"My mom." He answered curtly before going down the clear road. It was silent again. It remained this silent until he pulled up into the parking garage. We both got out of the car and walked over to the elevator.

"So, how did your mom know that it was my birthday?" I asked him.

"Our parents exchanged our information a while ago, and it wasn't until a month ago my mom started to pester me about it." Jaemin admitted.

"Why hasn't my mom told me your birthday yet?" I asked him, following him out of the elevator and into his apartment.

"Because my birthday won't be around until a while." He winked.

"You're lying." I eyed him suspiciously. "School's been in session for a third of a year. We still have around five months before school ends."

"And?" Jaemin raised his eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

"If you're parents are going to be this persistent on my birthday, that means that your birthday is going to be a little more special." I pointed out. He laughed.

"The day that my birthday comes this year will be the day where you find out about it last." He ruffled my hair, regardless that I was around his height. "Do you want to open the gifts?"

"Sure," I shrugged. "I feel bad though."

"Why?" He stopped midway of placing my gifts on the dining table to look at me.

"It's because they didn't have to get me anything." I looked away, shyly. "I mean, I don't really like getting gifts on my birthday anyway."

"But it's a gift from your friends." Jaemin said. "They thought about it."

"I mean, being around them makes me feel happy enough." I said. "That already tells me that they thought about my birthday."

"Well," Jaemin pointed at the gifts on the table. "Let's just open these out of courtesy."

"Alright." I sighed. I reached for the first gift out of the two. "This is your group's gift, right?"

"It should be." He shrugged. "I mean, the wrapping is pretty crappy so I assume that Mark started to wrap it, then Donghyuck got sick of Mark's wrapping and took over. Either way, they both suck at wrapping presents."

"Seriously?" I laughed, tearing the wrapping slowly. "There's no way."

"I bet you the bed on Monday that that's what happened." He stuck out his pinky. "We'll ask them about it then."

"Are you betting that if you're right, then you get the bed and I get the sofa?" I locked our pinkies together. "Because if that's the case, then it's settled."

"Open it." He pointed at the present. I reluctantly agreed and tore open the package. A cookie tin box was revealed, a card taped to the top. I took off the card and read the note.

"'Happy birthday, JIeun!'" I read. "'We may not know each other very well, but Jaemin's stories—'"

"AH, TAH! TAH! TAH! TAH! TAH!" Jaemin snatched the card out of my hands. "Either way, we should just move on to the gift. Cards are just a little message from the gifter."

"What was on the card?" I asked him. He only gave me a smile.

"Nothing~" He put the card behind his back. "It's nothing that's of importance."

"But it's my card!" I whined.

"But you don't need to read it!" He whined back. I flung forward, trying to get the card out of his hand. He raised the card high, moving it every time I aimed for the card.

"Give it back!" I complained. "I hate the fact that your arm length is so much longer than mine!"

"Hah!" He teased. I took this opportunity to lunge forward for the card.

Unfortunately, I used too much force, causing us to topple over and land on the floor. I closed my eyes during the fall, only to feel something on my lips. When I opened my eyes, I made eye contact with Jaemin. His eyes were filled with confusion, mimicking the feelings I felt inside. I could feel my face heating up and nervousness took over my body as he said his next words when we broke apart.

"You're kind of cute."

ughhh 2 more weeks of summer then school and next week is goong to busy for me :(

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

21.8K 1.4K 21
He was a Punk and the other was a Ballerino, Their lives were different, Mark's had Chaos and disaster swirling while Haechan's was beautiful, Serene...
55.6K 3.1K 55
||A hex contains different effects, were you affected by one?|| -o- MARKHYUCK -o- FANTASY/FORCED MARRIAGE AU - everything in this fanfiction is just...
57.8K 2.4K 25
❝Who were you?❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
365K 11.8K 54
❝Daddy!❞ ❝What the fuck? I'm not your daddy.❞ ❝Na Jaemin, did I just hear you curse?❞ ❝Shit!❞ _________________________________________ Family isn't...