A Coincidence of a Marriage ⤇...

By -haii-baii-

It was a mere coincidence. A coincidence of a marriage that changed my life. --- "Sorry." He muttered before... More

Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: And the Truth Is Out
Chapter 3: Moving In
Chapter 4: Organizing the Place
Chapter 6: Facetime
Chapter 7: Math Project
Chapter 8: Break Up
Chapter 9: End of Year Project
Chapter 10: Late Nights
Chapter 11: Tests, Tests, and More Tests
Chapter 12: A Surprise Birthday
Chapter 13: The News Spreads
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15: Birthday Dinner
Chapter 16: Group Chat
Chapter 17: Stalker
Chapter 18: Extra Protection
Chapter 19: Dinner
Chapter 20: Gone
Chapter 21: Trapped
Chapter 22: Rescued
Chapter 23: Police Statements
Chapter 24: Confession
Chapter 25: Sleepover
Chapter 26: Late to Finals
Chapter 27: Finals
Chapter 28: Picking Up Jisung
Chapter 29: First Date
Chapter 30: MT Trip
Chapter 31: Kidnapped
Chapter 32: More?
Epilogue

Chapter 5: Family Dinner?

7.2K 196 167
By -haii-baii-

«lol its jaemin having a crisis in life»

Park Jieun's POV

I gripped on to the end of Jaemin's shirt before falling and crashing to the floor. I could feel the pain surfacing on my side and even more pain on my foot. I sat up from my place and tried to massage my foot. Jaemin finally registered what happened and came to check on me.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with concern etched in his face.

"Yes, I'm doing swell." I flared my nostril, flattened my nose and put on a sarcastic tone. "On a serious note, just help me get up."

"Oh, right." He grabbed my arms and pulled me up. Once I was standing on one foot, I put my arm around his shoulder for extra support. I limped over the bed and sat down.

"Can you get me a bag of ice?" I asked Jaemin. He nodded before running to the kitchen to get ice from the fridge. He came running back with a bag full of ice, wrapped around a towel.

"Here." He handed me the ice pack. I put it on my foot to reduce the swelling. "Are you feeling any better? Do you want me to ask for the family doctor to come?"

"No, I should be fine." I told him. "It's probably nothing big."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I am sure." I told him reassuringly. "Tomorrow's a Sunday anyway, so if I need to, then I can go to the hospital tomorrow."

"Alright, then." He shrugged. "Do you want me to order dinner, then? It's almost 7."

"It's almost 7?!" I asked him, shocked at the time. "Have we been organizing your closet for that long?"

"Yeah, pretty much." He ruffled my hair. "At least we finished organizing donations and keeping. Now all we have to do is pack the donations in a box and move in all of your stuff."

"Yeah," I nodded. "So, what's for dinner?"

"I was thinking about ordering from this Chinese restaurant. Jajagmyeon?" He pulled out his phone and looked at me before calling.

"Yeah, that should work." I told him.

"Sweet." He dialed the number and walked out of the room to order. I pulled out my phone to text my maid for my crutches. I reminded her to adjust the height so that way it wouldn't be too short. The last time I wore crutches was in elementary school when I broke my leg climbing a tree. Jaemin walked into the room right when the text sent. "So, the noodles are going to be here in around ten minutes. Can you hold out until then?"

"Yeah," I shut off my phone and placed it face down next to me. "That should be fine. Is your girlfriend going to be here tomorrow?"

"I don't know." Jaemin laughed nervously. "But I need you to answer a question for me."

"Shoot away." I fixed my hair before making eye contact with him.

"Lately, I've been feeling disconnected with my girlfriend compared to when we started." He started. "Like we've been having more awkward silences and less things to talk about. I don't get anything she talks about, and she doesn't get anything I talk about. Is she losing interest in me or am I losing interest in her?"

"How often do you see each other?" I asked.

"Almost every day." He responded.

"There's only two things I can think of: either you guys are at the stage in your relationship where it's not as passionate, if that makes sense, or both of you aren't interested in each other anymore." I told him. "Like take Kiseok and I. We always manage to have a conversation going and we are willing to listen to each other, whether we understand each other or not."

"Ahh, I see." He said. He pulled out his phone to check a new text. "Well, if it makes you feel better in any way, you won't be caught here since she said that she had something to do tomorrow and can't come over."

"Are you sure?" I asked him. "She may be planning a surprise for you. Is it your birthday tomorrow?"

"Well, I mean she hasn't done it before so—"

"Hello!" I heard my mom's voice yell out. "Is anyone in here?"

"We'll talk about this later." I whispered to Jaemin. In a louder voice, I responded back to my mom. "Over here!"

"What are you two doing in here?" My mom popped her head in the room. She eyed us suspiciously. "You guys didn't do anything wrong, right?"

"Mom!" I looked at her in shock. "We just organized his closet!"

"Just organized?" She asked.

"Yes, ma'am." Jaemin responded. "We decided to clean out the closet since Jieun needs space to hang her clothes."

"I see." My mom smiled. "Well, then. Jieun, your crutches are here."

"Crutches?" Jaemin turned towards me. "I thought you said that it was fine."

"It should be, but I can barely walk." I told him. My maid walked over and gave me my crutches. I adjusted the crutches to be in a comfortable position before getting up and moving towards the door. "So, why are you here, mom?"

"I'm here to have a family dinner!" My mom exclaimed. I felt Jaemin come up behind me.

"A family dinner?" Jaemin asked, hesitation clear in his voice. "We already ordered for some jajangmyeon to eat for dinner."

"We can have that!" My mom said.

"But we only ordered for two..." Jaemin trailed off. I followed my mom towards the dining area and saw Jaemin's parents.

"Hello, Mrs. Na and Mr. Na." I tried to bow.

"Oh, sweetie." Jaemin's mom came over to help me sit down. "What happened?"

"I probably just tripped over something and it's just temporarily hurting." I told her. "It's probably nothing."

"No, no, no, no." She shook her head. "Jungsin, call the family doctor. She needs to get her foot checked."

"No, it's fine!" I told her. "You might as well give him a holiday."

"No, we're getting your foot checked." She turned towards Jaemin. "Why haven't you called the family doctor?"

"She said that she was fine, so I assumed that she was." Jaemin shrugged. "She knows her body better than I know hers, so I just trusted her."

"We'll talk later." Jaemin sat down next to me and his mom sat down in his original place.

"The doctor will be here in five minutes." Jaemin's dad said. "So, how do you like it here, Jieun?"

"I love it." I plastered on a smile. "It's nice and cozy, but it still has a decent amount of space."

"Good, good." He nodded. "When we bought this apartment for Jaemin, we had to meet his demanding requirements."

"It wasn't that bad." I blew it off.

"Oh, sweetie." His mom laughed. "The requirements were about ten pages long." I turned to Jaemin, raising my eyebrow. That was longer than the essays he wrote at school. He only gave me a half smile before turning back the attention to his mom.

"That's just like Jieun!" My mom exclaimed. I looked at my mom in surprise.

"I don't have that many requirements." I told her. "Right?"

"Have you seen yourself?" My mom looked at me. "You gave your dad and I a headache when you were choosing your room. You liked all of the rooms, but then you didn't, but then you did, and then we finally just put you in a random room and that was your room."

"Well, I was experiencing the moving mood." I told her. "It's the mood where you like a place, but you don't want to because you don't want to move, yet you still like the place. I was going through that faze."

"Sure, you were, sweetheart. Sure, you were." My mom sighed. She turned her attention to my dad, who was reading his newspaper and hit his arm. "Yah! What are you doing? We're having a family dinner!"

"But I didn't get to read my newspaper this morning!" My dad whined. "You took it away from me! You know how painful it is to reread the cartoons?"

"Ahh, Woojin, you never really changed." Jaemin's dad laughed.

"Shut up, Jungsin." My dad whined. "My newspaper was taken away from me, so I had to bring it here to read."

"Just like your favorite book series?" Jaemin's mom raised her eyebrow.

"Yes!" My dad said. "Just like my book series in high school!"

"Wait, you guys went to high school together?" I asked. "Woah, tell me the story."

"You should've seen your dad, Jieun." Jaemin's dad began. "He was the wimpiest kid in the block."

"But mom told me that he beat up a few kids." I turned my head towards my mom. She just shrugged.

"I remembered that he beat up a few kids." She said.

"Well, he was there with us when we did beat up a few kids." Jaemin's dad admitted. "But every time a punch was even threatened on him, he was 'No! My mom will kill me if my face is touched!'"

"It's true!" My dad replied. "She told me every day to make sure that my face was spotless by the time I went home!"

"Sure, she did." Jaemin's dad laughed. "Remember how we met Wendy?"

"Yes!" Jaemin's mom exclaimed. "I remember how Woojin was so excited to introduce to us a friend, but I mean we could tell it meant crush."

Ding Dong!

"That's the food." Jaemin got up. He went to get the food and came back. "There's only enough for two since that's what we ordered, so would you like us to order more?"

"Yes, please." My mom said. "You can choose the dish."

"We can choose?" I turned towards my mom, a smile formed on my face.

"Yes, Jieun." My mom exasperated.

"Ok~" I took the menu from Jaemin's hand and moved myself towards the front door on my crutches. Thank god the guy was still there waiting for payment. "Is it ok if I order some more food. We'll pay extra."

"Yes, it should be fine." The delivery guy said.

"So, I would like two bowls of jjampong, and a plate of spring rolls, one bowl of jajangmyeon and six boba teas." I told the guy.

"I'll go tell the chefs and be back in a while." The guy said before closing his box and biked away. I moved myself back to my seat.

"What did you order?" My mom asked.

"You'll see." I told her.

"It better not be spring rolls." My said. "You know how I hate spring rolls."

"Don't worry!" I told her. "Everything was taken care of!"

"Oh, yeah!" Jaemin's mom exclaimed. "You never really liked spring rolls back then either. Why was that?"

"I just don't like how warm the vegetables get in a fried dough." My mom shuddered.

"But some of them are cold." Jaemin said.

"Yeah, but then they add a weird sauce to it and it doesn't suit my taste." My mom said. "I don't know, I'm just weird like that."

"I see." Jaemin nodded.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang again and Jaemin went to get the food.

"Well, good news is, we have food for dinner." Jaemin came into the dining room. "Bad news is, we have spring rolls."

"Jieun!" 

double update?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 1.4K 21
He was a Punk and the other was a Ballerino, Their lives were different, Mark's had Chaos and disaster swirling while Haechan's was beautiful, Serene...
3.6K 143 51
ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ | ɴᴀ ᴊᴀᴇᴍɪɴ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ❝Sometimes I wonder how you're the same person.❞ ❝Why? And am I on your mind that much?❞ The NCT DREAM boys had amazing...
peter pan By m

Fanfiction

2.1K 120 10
days passed and jisung have not said a word to renjun. renjun didn't notice that though. he was busy with his best friend that he didn't notice the y...
172K 5.9K 57
❝ I needed to lose him to find me.❞ I guess highschool's it-couple didn't have the perfect relationship like they thought. Two years after their brea...