Emotionless Control ✔

By Trashypsycho

"Someone didn't get a kiss from his mommy today, huh?" I mock Jace with a smirk, my fists ready to punch. "Y... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Author Note

Epilogue

7.4K 173 34
By Trashypsycho

5 years later

Trix's POV

It's 7 years since i moved here. I created a life for myself and built a future. Ironically i went to law school. Now i'm almost successful lawyer. Fun.

My friends are so different from the friends i had before, i don't even know if it's a good thing. They are  fake snobs, which kind of annoys the hell out of me. They're kind of like 'omg, i haven't hugged you today.' Like seriously, what the hell is that. Maybe this is how ordinary people communicate. I'm from the streets afterall.

It might seem that 7 years has passed and i'm near decent now, but it just doesn't feel right. I don't feel like i belong here. I need to watch my language and always wear a smile, because if i didn't, i would be the next week's gossip. I could ignore it, but it would cause unnecessary tension in my workplace. People want a decent lawyer, so my reputation must be in check. I love my job, it's my calling and there is no way i would ruin it with my poor behaviour.

I have gained back most of my memory, there are still a few gaps but i remember enough to get a clear picture. I had been a mess back then.

It safe to say that i have discovered myself. I want to help people, who are misunderstood in front of law. Well, maybe this is also because i'm a former criminal. Luckily nobody knows about my past, it's actually quite surprising, because it was supposed to be written down in my records, but when my employer checked before hiring me, there was nothing suspicious. Strange.

I managed to hold my location as a secret, thanks to my employer. He's a nice guy, all i had to do was tell him that i have freakishly good stalker and that i needed help to keep my name as quiet as possible. It wouldn't have been that easy when i would have been closer to home. Home. It's odd that i have lived here for 7 years and i don't consider this place even close to home.

My phone rings in the back pocket. I secure my papers under my armpit and try to steady the hot coffee in my hand. I'm already running late, my legs are shaky on the heels as i speedwalk towards the court, my hands are filled with ragged papers and a steaming coffee cup, so this phone call is the last thing i need.

I somehow manage to reach the phone and answer it. I press the phone between my ear and shoulder.

"Yeah?" I ask hurriedly.

"Trix, is that you?" Responds familiar voice. It takes me a second to connect the voice with a name. I stop immediately and give this call my full attention.

"Parker! We haven't talked for what, two years? I would love to chat and catch up but i'm kind of busy."

"Don't hang up! I called you for a reason. I promised that i keep an eye on your family." He mutters the next part, which i'm sure i am not supposed to hear: "Not that i would be busy with mine already."

"My family? What happened!" I internally panic, different scenarios run through my head. I shouldn't have left.

"Calm down, it's nothing that serious." He turns quiet for a second: "Actually it is a little serious, well maybe more than a little."

"Speak!" I command.

"Carol got arrested. She's in prison now, waiting for her trial. Her charges are quite bad and she could get a lifetime." Parker explains. I bite my lip as i try to process this.

"Charges?"

"Oh right, her baseball bat was found next to a dead body. Her fingerprints are all over it, she doesn't have an alibi and she was seen at the neighbourhood just before the murder. She's guilty, so i don't know if she can be saved from this mess. Only if i knew a great lawyer, who would care enough to try!" Parker says the last part in extra dramatical, mocking way.

"They hate me. I am not coming back."

"So? It doesn't matter right now. You need to save her, even if they hate you. Plus, you could finally see my children. It's a win-win situation." Parker exclaims. I sigh in defeat.

"When is the trial?" I ask.

"In about two weeks."

"Are you serious! It's way too soon, how long did you wait before calling me?" I yell into the phone. A mother and a child who walk by look at me in a weird way. Mom tugs her kid's arm and drags him further away from me.

"A little, because i'm scared of you. Bye!" And the line goes dead.

I turn around and walk towards the apartment i rent out. See, i'm unable to call it home. It feels like an alergy, trying to call this dump home. I don't even care that i leave my client in the court without protection. He would go to jail anyway. Besides, he probably gets a new date for his trial with my absence anyway. I think.

~~~

I look at the familiar streets as they rush by. Some buildings are renovated and some have lost their grace. No matter how much has changed, everything is still the same. Same old bakery, same old library, just in a new coat.

As i'm passing a familiar street, i ask the cab driver to stop. I pay her money for the drive and dip her generously. I exit the cab and walk towards my home street in daze. It feels like i'm a kid again, who cried over her biological father leaving us. Now thinking back, i'm glad he left. I met my stepfather, who was nothing but nice to me and i gained an amazing stepbrother, who probably hates me now.

I reach my old yard, where the burnt remains of my childhood home should be, but there's a new house. Are my eyes deceiving me? I look around, just to be sure that this is the correct address. Maybe this street has changed after all. I come to a conclusion that this is indeed the correct address. The house is almost indetical to the house where i grew up in. Has Matt rebuilt the house? Did he sell the grounds?

I hesitantly walk up the steps to the front door and knock. I observe my surrounding as i hear steps coming towards the door.

The door opens and i come face to face with a blue eyed devil, who is wearing a pink apron. His hair are darker than i remembered and he has about a week-old beard.

A part of my lost memory flashes in front of my eyes. The day we met.

"Give me two shots" i said to the bartender.

"And who are you?" He asked curiously. His deep ocean blue eyes piercing me on the spot

"Just do your job and give me my fucking drink" i said. He chuckled, clearly amused.

"Watch your mouth sweetheart, it may cause you some trouble one day."
He smirked at me.

"I still can't see my drink. Move your ass and change that unfortunate situation!" I snapped. He's eyes flashed with anger or was it something else, but he quickly hid it behind his gorgeos smirk.

"You clearly don't know who i am, do you?"

"Couldn't care less."

It feels like the last piece of the puzzle has been placed. I kind of hoped for a happier memory. Kind of like in Romeo and Juliet. But i guess it's not that bad. We had a rough start and now thinking about it, he was right about my mouth getting me in trouble. He could be a fortune teller.

It doesn't matter now, all it matters is that i learned from my mistakes, i fixed my broken self and returned.

"Jace." I breathe.

"Tiger."

He acts fast. His large arms wrap me in his embrace. His warm breath tickles my ear and his scent stirs my senses. He holds me tighter than ever before. I feel protected, i feel safe.

Fate has strange baths that one simply can not control. It's ruthless, unforgiving, emotionless even. But it's the one that leads you where you fit in.

I finally found where i belong, only realizing that it was home all along.

_____

That's it! I can't believe it! This chapter might be sloppy but it's the final one! I'm freaking out!🤯

Thank you!

If you want i can make a Q&A. Just in case i left some unanswered questions. So ask away!

Give me your thoughts about the book and if you enjoyed, feel free to vote. I ain't stopping you!

Thank you again!😘

-Trashy psycho☠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
161K 5.5K 38
"I have a boyfriend." I spat out the reminder, to keep him away from me. "Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes. "You keep saying that. It's like your only...
646K 13.3K 67
"Ava, you have to be quiet! They'll hear you-" Tears started to spill from my eyes, blending in with the rain that dripped down my face. I shouldn't...
9.1K 368 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...