The Lucky Bump

By liv814

{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His... More

Prologue | Rock With You
Characters | Tattoo
Chapter 1 | Start of Something New
Chapter 2 | Party in the USA
Chapter 3 | Summer Shade
Chapter 4 | Friends
Chapter 5 | She Looks So Perfect
Chapter 6 | Crush
Chapter 7 | A Million Dreams
Chapter 8 | Same Girl
Chapter 9 | M. I. A.
Chapter 10 | Treat You Better
Chapter 11 | My Dilemma
Chapter 12 | Rewrite the Stars
Chapter 14 | You Belong with Me
Chapter 15 | Last First Kiss
Chapter 16 | Better With You
Chapter 17 | He Could Be the One
Chapter 18 | Nobody But You
Chapter 19 | Walk with Me
Chapter 20 | Marry You
Epilogue | Perfect
Playlist | Yeah!
Other Stories & A/N
Life with Colton

Chapter 13 | 10,000 Hours

12.2K 299 65
By liv814

{A/N: There's a lot of multimedia within this chapter. Hope you enjoy!!!}
~~
As Hailey laid in bed, she tried really hard not to move from restlessness. Trinity was fast asleep next to her. She wished she was too, but thoughts of Zac filled her mind, not allowing her to fall asleep. She kept replaying the moment they had. It was intimate and heart racing. She wished she could go back and change the ending.

She didn't even care that she was the reason for the guys' fight. What happened afterwards was what was keeping her awake. She wished she would have closed the space between them. She was sure Zac was about to, if it weren't for her annoying brothers.

Josh was the first one out of the house. He had a look of hatred, frightening not only Hailey, but Zac as well. Hailey had never seen her brother so angry. She didn't know why he was. She had just found out the real reason the two boys were ignoring each other. She was the one that was supposed to be mad, not Josh.

"Because Nate and I are fighting over you." Zac said in a low voice. She gasped.

"What? Me? Why?" She asked with confusion. So, Zac did like her. That didn't really explain why the two began to ignore her. What else was he hiding?

"Nate likes you and he's mad that I like you too." He said in frustration. He ran a hand through his hair. Hailey stared back at him, stunned. Had she really just heard Zac Logan confess his feelings for her? Ben was right? Zac likes her? Wait, Nate likes her? They were fighting over her? This made no sense.

"I-I don't-ugh!" She shouted. Zac stepped back, surprised at her outburst. "I just hate being in the middle of this. I feel like ever since we met, our lives have taken a different route. Nothing good comes from us being friends."

"That's the thing Hails." Zac said. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his chest. She let out a gasp of surprise. She was caught off guard. She stared up at him as his hands made their way to her waist. His hands gripped her sides as he stared into her eyes. Her heart raced and fireworks began to fly as their bodies touched. She felt all those cliché sparks with him, but now they seemed to burn even brighter.

As she stared into his brown eyes, she saw emotions she thought she'd never see from him: desire, want, need. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he gazed into her own. Only one thought flooded her mind.

She wanted to know what it was like to kiss Zac Logan. No, she needed to what it was like to kiss Zac Logan. She saw his gaze flick down to her lips. Her breath hitched as his face grew closer. This was it. It was going to happen.

"Hailey," he whispered. "I don't want to be just friends. I want be more than that."

They began to lean in, urging to close whatever space was left between them. Hailey let her eyes flutter close as Zac's breath mingled with her own. She could feel his lips just millimeters away. All she had to do was lean in just a fraction more.

"Hailey, inside. Now!" Josh's voice demanded, interrupting them. She opened her eyes wide, at the authority. Hailey didn't have time to think about Zac's words. She pushed herself away from Zac and turned to look at her brother. He was glaring at both, frightening her. Her brother wasn't someone who got angry a lot. Hell freezes over before he even shows one bit of it.

"Josh, stop. Wants wrong?" Hailey asked. Josh only narrowed his eyes at her. She let out a squeak before fully unwrapping herself from Zac. He was looking just as confused as her. She whispered goodbye before going inside.

She still wasn't sure what had happened. She tried to ignore the thoughts and feelings Zac has caused her and got ready for bed. She still had school the next day, even after the most dramatic day of her life.

As she thought about what she had to face, Jordan and Nate came to mind. She wanted to groan in frustration, but she couldn't. She didn't want to wake up her little sister. She didn't want to be the target of her attitude if she did.

Hailey turned, slowly, being careful not to wake her sister, and reached for her phone. She saw she had notifications. She had a handful of texts. She unlocked her phone before clicking on the app. She opened the first message.

Her heart began to flutter as she read the messages from Zac. Even after everything that had occured today, he still manages to make her smile. She shut her phone off and set it back on her night stand. She was finally able to let her mind shut off. She fell asleep, dreaming of the boy she bumped into while grocery shopping.

-

Waking up, Zac had one thing on his mind. He was going to make Hailey officially his. He couldn't wait any longer, especially with the almost kiss they had. He couldn't wait to finally know what her lips felt like.

When he told her the entire truth, it felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He hated telling her that she was the reason him and Nate weren't speaking, but if he wanted her to know he liked her, the truth had to come out.

He found himself smiling at the thought of Hailey being his. She finally knew he was crazy about her. If she didn't know it, he made it clear in the text he sent her last night. He wanted to know if she was alright after receiving wrath from Josh. Zac wasn't entirely sure why her brother was angry but decided not to but in. She'd tell him when she was ready.

As he got ready for school, that goal of seeing Hailey suddenly disappeared. He ran into his father in the kitchen. He was dressed in his work attire, looking expensive. He tried to get out of the house without being seen, but it was impossible. It was like he saw everything.

"Zachary, we need to talk." His deep voice said. His father then turned around, glaring at him. Zac sighed. There was no way he'd get out of this one.

"Alright." Zac replied. He stayed quiet and waited to hear whatever his father had to say. He watched as he let out a breath of annoyance.

"What is this detention your principal called about?" His dad asked. A scowl was permanently plastered onto his face. Zac couldn't remember the last time his father smiled.

"I punched a locker because I couldn't punch Nate." Zac told him. His dad's scowl deepened. Zac shrugged. He wanted the truth.

"Why were you fighting with Nathanial?" He asked. His tone was full of worry. Zac scoffed. Why does he care now? He's never around. He just sends his assistant to deal with him. At least his mom came home every once in a while and actually took the time to get to know him. "Actually, don't tell me. I'm late for work. I'll see you at the game Friday. Don't get into anymore trouble Zachary."

His dad then stepped beside him, going towards the garage. Zac watched his father's figure disappear, allowing him to breathe. Did his dad just say he was going to his game? Why did he suddenly care about him and football? Why is his dad even back in town? His parents are never in the same place unless it was for business. His phone then began to ring. He shook away any thoughts of his dad and answered.

"Dude, where are you?" He heard Evan say. Zac was surprised to hear his voice. He thought he'd still be mad over yesterday.

"At home, my dad wanted to talk." Zac said with a frown. It's ridiculous how much his father affects him. He was in such a good mood too.

"Get to school, now! Coach is looking for you. Plus, you're late to homeroom." Evan said. Zac groaned. Can his life just get any more worse? "Hurry up Zac."

Evan hung up, leaving a frustrated Zac. He let out a groan. He then slipped his phone into his back pocket and made his way out of the house. Well looks like Hailey is going to have to wait until tonight.

-

Hailey looked around the cafeteria for Zac. He hadn't shown up to homeroom. She couldn't ask Evan about him because he wasn't there either. She asked Bella about both and only told her that Evan was called in to see his coach. Hailey hadn't seen any of the boys all day. She was glad she hadn't seen Nate. She didn't want him confessing his feelings again when Bella is crazy about him.

Hailey explained to Bella and Mariah why she had been crying yesterday. She also told them about Zac coming over and apologizing for Sasha. She left out the part of Zac and her almost kissing. She couldn't think about it without her heart wanting to explode from her chest. She only hoped that it would be happening very soon.

She also told them about why the boys were fighting. Bella looked sad at the mention of Nate, but pushed those thoughts away. She said she'd deal with that later. Mariah and Bella threatened to kill Sasha, which Hailey wanted, but declined their offer. Bella mentioned that said she'd castrate Zac but wouldn't because she wants Hailey and him to have kids. That made Hailey bright red.

Mariah was the only one who was thinking about everything and not talking. Since she wasn't there to witness any of it, she thought everything logically. She told Hailey that she needs to tell Jordan about not going with him to formal.

Speaking of him, he sat next to her in homeroom. He took Zac's empty spot, ending the conversation she was having with them. Hailey wanted to tell him that she didn't want to go to formal with him, but she didn't.

She felt bad that she was stringing him along. That she didn't really like him as more than a friend. He was a great guy, but she had no feelings for him. They were simply platonic. She didn't want to ruin formal for him by not going as his date. He seemed extremely happy. Plus, the entire school knew about them. She didn't want to embarrass him or herself. She just plastered a faux smile and listened to him as class ended.

As usual, he walked her to class. The only difference today was the kiss on her cheek. When embarrassing things happened, her cheeks would turn bright red, but she didn't feel that heat. She just felt sad and irritated with herself. She watched him disappear, feeling nothing but disappointment. That kiss on her cheek only confirmed her feelings for Zac.

"Girl, stop searching." Mariah said with annoyance. Hailey huffed. She looked down at the salad she had chosen. She was too busy searching for said guy to pay attention to her lunch picking skills. At least it had chicken.

"I haven't seen Zac." She mumbled. She stabbed a tomato and plopped it into her mouth.

"At least that boy finally manned up and told you how he felt. Now we just need Nate to like me." Bella said with a look of determination in her eye. Hailey giggled.

"Ugh, you two are going to have dates for the dance and i'll have to go stag." Mariah groaned.

"Take Evan." They heard a man's voice suggest. The girls whipped their heads and saw Nate. Hailey gulped. Great, he decides to show up now. "He's too nice to ask some random girl out without her thinking he likes her."

"Thanks for your input Nate." Mariah said groaning again. He chuckled. Bella stared up at Nate. She was gazing up at him in adoration. Hailey coughed, getting Bella's attention. Hailey gestured towards Nate. Bella scrunched up her face in confusion before her eyes widened in understanding. Bella had to tell him how she felt, before he wanted to talk about his feelings towards Hailey.

"Hey, can we talk?" Bella asked Nate. He nodded, confusion in his eyes. Bella then grabbed her things and walked away. Nate followed behind, unsure of what was happening. They disappeared out the door when Mariah got up.

"Where are you going?" Hailey asked. She picked at her salad, not really feeling it anymore.

"To see what happens. Come on." Mariah said as if it were the most obvious thing. Hailey nodded in understanding. She, too, wanted to know how things would end for them.

They quickly got up and followed them. They could hear groans and scoffs from the hallway. As they rounded the corner, they saw Bella with fists. They widened their eyes. What were they saying? Why was she angry? They got closer, finally hearing.

"Bella, what the fuck is going on? What are you saying?" Nate asked. He got closer to Bella. He had a cautious step which only seemed to anger Bella more.

"I like you, you jerk!" Bella screamed. Nate stared back at her stunned, before crashing his lips on hers. Mariah and Hailey stared at them. Bella quickly pushed him away. "What are you doing? I thought you like Hailey?"

"I do. I did. Hailey was the closest person I met that reminded me of you Izzy. Evan said I couldn't like you, so I started sleeping with girls to forget you. I then met Hailey and she reminded me of you. I thought that by liking her, i'd be able to forget you." Nate said in a soft voice. Hailey wanted to awe, but remained quiet. She didn't want to ruin their moment. Mariah then grabbed her hand and led her back inside the cafeteria.

"Well that went better than expected." Mariah said. Hailey laughed.

"Now we just need Evan to ask you out." Hailey teased. Mariah rolled her eyes. "I have to go to class. See you later."

"Bye Hails!" Mariah shouted, going in the opposite direction. Hailey smiled. She got rid of one boy, now she just needs to figure out what she's going to do about Jordan.

-

Sliding on his helmet, he finally felt like he was able to relax. He'd have the opportunity to release his anger and stress. He needed to tackle some guys. He grabbed his water bottle and followed his teammates onto the field. He spotted Nate and Evan. He frowned. When did they become close again? Zac jogged over to them, glaring at Nate. Evan only smiled. Zac pulled off his helmet.

"Nate." He spoke first. Nate turned towards him and smirked.

"Zac." He replied. Zac frowned.

"Zac, chill. Nate is apologizing." Evan defended. Zac narrowed his eyes at his two friends.

"He's right. Sorry for being a jerk man. I realized that I don't really like Hails like that. I was trying to forget about Bella." Nate told him. Zac felt his scowl disperse. He grinned.

"Fucking shithead. We stopped talking for a month because you liked the wrong girl?" Zac asked rhetorically. Nate nodded, chuckling. Zac felt all his stress leave his body for good. He didn't need to tackle anyone anymore. He just needed to talk to Hailey. He couldn't wait to go see her after practice.

"Wait, Bella?" Evan asked, very frazzled. Zac smirked.

"Right, about that." Nate said scratching the back of his head. It was Evan's turn to glare.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Evan said. His arms were crossed across his chest. He was giving Nate a menacing glare.

"Bella and I are dating." Nate said. Evan's mouth dropped open. Zac stepped back, not wanting to be in the punch zone. He watched as Evan's face turned red from anger.

"I thought I told you to not date her." Evan said in a threatening tone. His body was prepared to launch on him. Nate stepped back. His eyes darting in caution.

"I know, but man. Your sister is perfect. She's smart, sassy, sarcastic, sweet, and insanely gorgeous. How could I not fall for her?" Nate defended himself. Evan stopped moving, observing their friend. Nate seemed sincere, which was weird because Nate never talked about a girl like that. It was usually 'she has a nice ass or a nice rack.'

"So you actually like my sister?" Evan asked. His anger diminishing. Nate nodded, a small grin on his face. Zac chuckled. He felt good to not be on that end anymore.

"Damn Evan. You're the only single one now." Zac joked. Nate laughed.

"You aren't dating Hailey yet." Evan replied with a smirk. Zac frowned.

"Thanks for reminding me dipshit." Zac said glaring at his friend.

"Dude, she likes you." Nate said with a grin. Zac sighed.

"I told her about us fighting over her." Zac told Nate.

"Good. She needed to know before someone else told her." Nate said.

"I also told her I wanted to be more than friends." Zac added. He felt his friends' gazes on him.

"About time you grow some balls. But what about Jordan?" Evan asked. Zac narrowed his eyes. Way to bring that up. "Sorry, i'm being realistic here."

"I'm going to go see her tonight. I want to ask her out on a date. Hopefully she says she'll tell Jordan they're over. That way i'll be able to take her to formal." Zac said. A grin slid onto his face as he thought about her. He could only imagine how beautiful she'd look at the dance.

"Logan!" Zac heard his coach shout. The three of them turned and saw him with a clipboard in his hands. He was ready to get down to business.

"Yes coach?" Zac asked.

"Time to practice. We have a championship to win!" His coach said before blowing his whistle. The three of them turned. Smirks on their faces. There was no way in hell they'd lose the semifinals game. No way at all. They were going to bring home the 'ship.

-

As Hailey made her way to her favorite spot in the sand, she felt her phone vibrate. She slid it out, hoping it was Zac. She felt her goofy grin slide off her face. It was Jordan. She opened the text and saw that he was asking what color dress she'd wear. She responded that she didn't know and she'd get back to him. She let out a sigh as she plopped onto the sand.

During English and Economics, she spent the entire time thinking of ways to let Jordan down easy. She came up with nothing. She had no clue what to do about him. So upon coming home, she told Seth she'd be on the beach. She hoped the calming ocean would help sort out her problems.

The oceans waves crashed. The seagulls squawked by, not really ruining the tranquility. Hailey loves the peacefulness. She loved it even more with it being the spot her and her parents would come to. She wished she could ask her mom for advice. She didn't know how to deal with this mess she was in. She grabbed a pebble from the sand and threw it. It landed a few feet from the ocean. She sighed. She sucked at sports.

"Quite an arm there Foster." She whipped her head around and saw Zac. He was dressed in board shorts and a blue t-shirt. It hugged his muscles in all the right places.

"Hey." She replied. She turned away, not wanting to be caught ogling him.

"What are you doing?" Zac asked. He plopped himself on the sand beside her. The ocean breeze was chilly, but with Zac so close in proximity, all she felt was heat.

"Thinking. Showing off my amazing canon of an arm." She joked. Zac chuckled. She looked out at the ocean. The silence around them was comfortable, but that didn't stop her heart from racing. All she could think of was of that kiss they almost shared.

"Well Hailey Foster, I think you've got a chance of going pro. You want my quarterback position?" He teased. Hailey rolled her eyes. "But really babe, what are you doing out here?"

"Thinking about everything. When did my life get so complicated?" She asked, not really asking for an answer. She sighed. She not only found an amazing group of friends, but she found three boys that all wanted her. Luckily, one didn't anymore. She just never thought she'd be caught up in all this drama. All her life she spent worrying about her family and becoming a nurse. Now she is actually feeling like a teen.

"When you bumped into me. What can I say Hails, it was a lucky bump." He joked. Hailey let out a giggle before it turned into a sigh. She wanted everything with this guy. He had made it clear he liked her, yet they weren't together. She didn't know if she was ready for that. He'd be her first and that terrified her.

"Hailey, can we give us a chance?" Zac asked. He had a hopeful gleam in his eyes. She sighed. That's was what she was afraid of. She racked had her brain for hours on how to let Jordan down but none of the outcomes were right. She wanted to be with Zac, but couldn't until she broke up with Jordan.

"Can we just wait until after formal?" Hailey asked. Zac stared at her. Was she serious? After everything they had been through? She still didn't want to be with him. He thought she liked him as more than a friend.

When football was over, he drove home for a quick shower and changed into a t-shirt and his swim trunks. He had a feeling she was at the beach. He then drove to the Foster residence. He couldn't wait to see Hailey. He managed to go through the entire day without seeing her and it was making him go crazy. He just wanted her to be officially his.

When he arrived, Seth opened the door. He was more than eager to let him in. Seth asked about the library which made Zac chuckle, before agreeing to hangout with him soon. Zac then asked about his older sister. Seth informed him that she had changed and gone to the beach. Zac than excused himself and drove to the spot. Zac wasn't even sure why he didn't immediately come looking for her here.

"I told Jordan i'd go with him. I just can't back out now." Hailey said. She saw the look of disappointment on his face before he masked it with anger. She knew it wasn't at her but towards Jordan.

"You're too kind princess. But fine. That jerk better not try anything." He threatened. Hailey giggled. Her heart finally felt normal. As she looked out at the water, thoughts of her parents came to mind. Would they be happy she's happy? Would they approve of the boy next to her? Would they like him as much as she did? "What's going on in that pretty brain of yours?"

"I'm just thinking of my parents. How are yours?" She told him. Zac stiffened beside her. She knew he didn't have a great relationship with them.

"My dad is home for the semi game. I was nervous before, but now, i'm terrified. He has never come to a game before. This is my last one in high school before the championship. I don't want to disappoint. I want to bring the team that victory." He told her honestly. He felt her hand find his. She gave him a squeeze. He looked down at her. He grinned. Yeah he was scared, but with this girl on his side, he'd get through anything.

"Zac, you are an amazing guy. You are even better at football. I've never seen someone with the skills you have. It's phenomenal. It's your dad's loss if he's never seen you in action. You look so happy on the field. It's like you're in your own little world when you're out there." Hailey told him. As she finished her little speech, she felt the heat rise to her cheeks.

"Thanks Hails. You're right. As long as you're there, I will be fine. I don't need his approval." Zac said. Hailey bit her lip, fighting off a smile. Even through this, Zac managed to make her heart flutter.

"You don't need anyone." She told him.

"I just need you." He said with a cheesy smile. Hailey laughed. Zac watched as she enjoyed herself with him. They weren't really doing anything, yet he loved every second of it. He loved being near her and making her laugh. He could hear it all day and he'd never get tired of hearing her laugh.

"So, what's the plan for after your big win? Party and party and yeah?" Hailey giggled. Zac chuckled.

"Maybe. I'm not sure. But as long as i'm with you, i'll be happy." Zac said. Hailey giggled.

"Stop being so cheesy, but really. Are you throwing a party?" She asked. Her cheeks were a bright red from his words.

"Do you want me to throw one?" Zac asked. Hailey shrugged.

"I feel like the whole school expects you to." She told him truthfully. He sighed. He knew that too. There was usually a party after every win. He would have to throw one after this one. They'd be on their way to the championship.

"Only if you come." Zac said. Hailey let out a laugh.

"I'm sure the girls wouldn't let me miss it." She said truthfully.

"You could spend the entire night with me by my side." He said. Hailey bit her lip. He was so tempting.

"You'd get bored, quick." She joked. Zac shook his head.

"I'd spend 10,000 hours with you Hails. I'd spend so much more." Zac replied. Her mouth dropped open. He was gazing down at her. His eyes held so much emotion. She just wanted to feel his lips on hers. His lips were eye level with hers. She could see how plump they were. She was sure they'd be soft too. "Hails."

"Yeah?" She asked. She blinked a few times, trying to get out of the daze she was in.

"Mariah is on FaceTime." Zac said. Hailey looked at her phone and saw the call. She sighed. She was never going to kiss him. She grabbed her phone and answered it.

"Hey, where are you?" Mariah asked. Hailey flipped the camera and showed her the calming ocean. She then put it on the front camera again. "What are you doing there?"

"Talking." Hailey replied. Mariah smirked.

"With who?" She teased. Hailey rolled her eyes. She pointed the camera at Zac. He gave Mariah a cheesy smile. "Hey Logan, mind dropping this girl off at the Green's?"

"Sure." Zac said getting up. He offered his hand to Hailey. She gladly took it.

"Why am I being taken to Bella's?" She asked. She followed Zac to his car and got in. Zac turned on the car, feeling the engine roar to life. They then began their drive.

"Girl talk. So, Zac, sorry but you'll have to be away from Hails for another night." Morgan informed them. Zac chuckled as Hailey's cheeks brightened.

"It's alright Hails. I think she deserves that talk. She needs to gush about how perfect I am." Zac teased. Hailey's eyes widened before she smacked his arm. "Hails, i'm driving babe."

"Hurry up Zac, we do have school tomorrow." Mariah said in an irritated tone. Zac rolled his eyes. Why are the girls so dramatic? "See you in a bit."

Mariah then hung up. Hailey placed the phone in her lap. She faced the boy beside her. His hand was on top of the gear shift. Hailey felt a few butterflies start to flutter as she placed her hand on top of his.

Zac looked to his right and saw Hailey with a timid smile. He chuckled. He loved making her nervous. But, he loved making her blush even more. He removed his hand from the gear and grabbed her hand. He intertwined their fingers together.

"This next week is going to be tough." He said. Hailey sighed. She knew that hiding her feelings for Zac, after practically confessing them to each other, was going to be hard. But after the dance, she'd cut everything off with Jordan. She liked Zac and only Zac.

"It'll be fine. What's another week going to do?" She asked. Zac nodded. She was right. It'll only intensify their feelings for each other.

"Just don't do anything I would, with him." Zac said with a scowl. Hailey gave him a blank look.

"That's literally everything!" She shouted. Zac chuckled. That was the point. He didn't want to see his hands anywhere inappropriate nor his lips anywhere near hers. Hailey was his and only his.

"Just let him know you guys are only friends." He said. Hailey nodded. She saw the Green mansion come into view. Zac stopped the car. She unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to look at him.

"Alright. Thanks for dropping me off." She said. She grabbed her bag and went to open the door. Zac's hand circled her wrist. She turned around, feeling his lips on her forehead. Shocks sparked throughout her entire body.

"Have fun princess." He said. He gave her a big grin, making her heart race. She giggled as she exited his car. She walked up towards the door, being able to feel his gaze on her.

The front door then opened. Bella had a huge grin on her face. She pulled her in, shutting the door behind her. Bella didn't say a word as they made their way upstairs. Hailey was curious as to the reason she was here, but waited to be told.

"About time. Zac drives slow." Mariah said when they entered Bella's room. She was looking at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a white mid sleeve romper with red detailing. She paired it with black booties and a high pony with lots of volume. Her style was so girly and cute. Hailey was jealous.

Bella was wearing black joggers with a matching black crop top. Her midriff on full display as she paired it with a black bomber jacket with white lines down the sleeves. She also had a black flannel tied around her waist. Her brown hair was down in its messy waves. She looked amazing. Even with all black and many layers, Hailey was envious of her looks.

"So, why was I summoned?" Hailey asked. She felt slightly underdressed with them. She was wearing a plain white tee and black workout leggings with her black Nikes. Her hair was in a high pony.

"We are going to buy you a dress that makes you so hot, Zac won't know what hit him." Bella smirked. Hailey quickly shook her head.

"Why not?" Mariah asked. Hailey sighed.

"I didn't break up with Jordan. I'm still going to the dance with him." Hailey told them. Their jaws dropped open.

"Why? You don't like him like that." Bella stated. Hailey could tell they were confused.

"The whole school and their moms know Jordan asked me to formal. I can't just say no, never mind. I don't want to go with you anymore. Everyone is expecting us to show up together." Hailey told them. Bella frowned.

"I hate people sometimes." Bella mumbled. Hailey nodded. If he hadn't asked in front of the whole school and their cellphones, she would have apologized and said no thank you. He practically forced her to agree. Did he not see they didn't click on their date?

"I have a great idea!" Mariah chirped. The two girls looked at their blond friend. "We are going to make you look so hot, Zac won't have a choice but to fight for you. At least that way, Jordan won't know it was you who didn't like him. I mean, you can last a few more days with that boy."

"I like it Mariah. Zac will get insanely jealous and make a move!" Bella clapped. Hailey didn't like how excited they were getting. They also didn't know that Zac had made a move. "Come on Hails, don't you want to see Zac get all jelly because you aren't his."

Hailey thought about it. She hated that she had to spend time with Jordan, but she had already told Zac they had to wait until formal. Plus, it wouldn't be that bad to have a guy fighting over you. What's the worst that can happen? Jordan backs off and she gets to live happily ever after.

"Alright, i'm in." Hailey smirked.

~~~~~~
Part of the dance is next(;
xoxo,
Liv814

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277 35 31
Savannah is your typical quiet girl. She doesn't enjoy confrontation and she was always in the shadow of her greatest rival. Well that is after the d...
113 16 16
Katelyn has been in and out of the foster system since her mother died when she was young. After her father gets put in jail again, she gets sent to...
48.3K 3.3K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...