The Hellwalker Roams: A DOOM...

By After_Hours_Writer

A lone man, one long forgotten by all, returns to his home planet, only to see nothing but death and abandonm... More

Dorado: Returning to Ruins
Dorado: A New Purpose
Dorado to Denver: Finding Grand Mesa
Denver: The Grand Mesa Massacre
Denver to London: Look at the Time
London: They've Followed
London: A Tense Enlistment
London to Gibraltar: Base of Operations
Gibraltar: The Oddest of the Bunch
Gibraltar to Brazil: Carnival
Brazil: Talon
Brazil to Gibraltar: Summer Heat
Gibraltar to Russia: A Common Enemy
Gibraltar to Russia: The Beginning
Russia: Fallen From Grace
Russia: A Familiar Face
Gibraltar: The Googly Eyed Menance
Gibraltar to Junkertown: Barren Wasteland
Junkertown to Numbani: The Plan
Numbani: Celebrities
Numbani: The Scourge Returns
Numbani: Doom
Numbani to Gibraltar: A Much Needed Break
Gibraltar: A New Marine
Gibraltar: Invasion
Gibraltar to Cairo: The Demon Program
Cairo to Gibraltar: Our Next Plan of Attack

Russia to Gibraltar: Like Old Times

15.4K 240 172
By After_Hours_Writer

Moscow, Russia...
Doom Slayer's POV

*Vrrrn.....Vrrrn... ..Vrrrr..VRRRRRRRRRRRRR!*

Doom Slayer: RRRAAAAAAHH!

Running towards the man who sent me to this place, everyone else, aside from Samuel Hayden panicked.

Lena: What's going o-OH MY GOSH!

Morrison: Stop!

Ana: Wait, you fool!

Hayden: Tethers.

!!!

TETHERING IN PROGRESS...

Son of a bit-!

Feeling my legs stop moving and my arms pinned to the ground, I grunted as I remained stationary much to everyone's surprise.

Morrison: Hayden!

Fareeha: What did you do!?

Hayden: I need you to calm down your rage and listen to me, one last time.

Looking ahead, he noticed the others behind me with their weapons out and aimed at him.

Hayden: Please lay down your weapons. I do not, nor can I, wish to do any harm.

Morrison: Lena, Fareeha, do as he says.

Lena: But Commander-.

Morrison: Now!

Lena: Yes, "dad".

Holstering their weapons, the doctor spoke.

Hayden: After our last encounter on Mars, before you were thrown into this world, I finally had the time to think to myself in private; To contemplate the events that unfolded.

So what?

Hayden: And with that time, and seeing the Earth in its current situation now, I came to a final conclusion....one I should've made a long time ago.

And that is?

Hayden: You can have your weapon back.

Huh!?

TETHERS DEACTIVATED...

Tossing the Crucible in the snow in front of me, the doctor disabled the tethering system he often used to keep me stationary. Standing up and grabbing the Crucible,  I began to wonder why despite fighting tooth and nail over the relic, now he decided to give it up.

VEGA: Wait....why give us back the Crucible, doctor?

Hayden: VEGA...

VEGA: Yes. It is I.

Hayden: The world has changed a lot since my time on Mars. I was to believe that we were still suffering from the energy crisis, but it seems that's no longer the case.

VEGA: It is not.

Hayden: That means the research I've done on Argent Energy was a complete waste of time from the beginning. Everything we had done, what we had discovered, the sacrifices that were made to keep it running. All of it, was in vain. That weapon is now a reminder of it.

A bit more calm, I approached the mechanized doctor.

VEGA: What will you do now, doctor?

Hayden: Make amends, atone for everything I had let happen to the Argent Facility. Olivia betrayed us all, and yet I was the one to let it slip by. I came to you to assist in their destruction.

!?

Hayden: Or as you like to think of it, leave nothing behind.

VEGA?

VEGA:....
....
....
It's on you what to do with him. I understand your hatred towards him, but his motives are pure, even if his methods are anything but....

Hnnnrgh!

Grabbing the pistol, I tossed it at the doctor. Fumbling to grab it, I began walking away from the doctor towards the ship.

Doom Slayer: Prove it.

Or I will rip away what little humanity you have left, "doctor".

Several Hours Later...
Command Center...
Watchpoint Gibraltar...

She's a really big bitch.

VEGA: So you are ‎Aleksandra Zaryanova?

Zarya: Yes. It is a pleasure to meet you. Umm....

Morrison: Walker.

Zarya: Walker. A bit of an odd name, to be honest...

Better than Zaryanova-vichen-haffen-dildo-whatever the fuck yours was.

In an attempt to ignore the mechanized doctor in my vicinity among the higher ups of Overwatch, I was introduced to the powerhouse of a Russian that was Aleksandra Zaryanova, though even that was short lived by the other giant with us. He seemed the most excited to meet her.

Reinhardt: Greetings, Miss Zaryanova!

Zarya: Oh, hello. And who is this I'm speaking to?

Reinhardt: I, madam, is the one and only Reinhardt Wilhelm! At your service.

Zarya: Is it really your body, or the suit that makes you a giant?

Reinhardt: This, malady, is all muscle!

He began flexing, making the Russian chuckle in response.

Zarya: So, a tour perhaps?

Reinhardt: Of course.

Walking away from everyone, Brigitte made a small comment before all eyes turned to the ex-chairman.

Brigitte: Annnnnd, he's gone.

Ana: That's Reinhardt for you. Loverboy.

VEGA: We should have Dr. Samuel Hayden meet Winston and Angela.

Of course. The robot might have a new friend.

Walking towards the chairman, VEGA spoke to him through the helmet.

VEGA: Come with us, Dr. Hayden.

Hayden: Where are we going?

VEGA: We will be introducing you to Winston and Dr. Angela Ziegler.

Lena: Oh, Winston would love to meet you!

The man's head glowed a bit brighter than usual, my guess expressing happiness.

Hayden: Another doctor? Lead the way.

Walking with Doctor Hayden and a few other agents of Overwatch inside Winston's personal lab, the first thing we've noticed upon opening the glass door was the empty peanut butter jar on the floor. Then another.....and another. A small trail of it infact,  led to where the gorilla sat, watching a documentary on the making of peanut butter.

He must really love his peanut butter.

Lena: Winston!

Panicking, the monkey threw away the jar he was currently eating and looked back at the group that watched, a bit embarrassed.

Winston: I uhh....

Lena: Did you get into the peanut butter stash, again?

Winston: No, I.....

The monkey sighed, finally giving up.

Winston: Yes, Lena. I found it.

Lena: You goober. I really need to start hiding them in better places.

Winston: I see that we have new guests in the base.

The chairman, awestruck by the English fluent gorillia, did not make a peep as the monkey approached him.

Winston: I uhh....apologize that you had to see me like this.

Hayden: Fascinating...

Winston: I'm sorry?

Lena: Oh! Winston, this is Walker's friend.

I shook my head, no.

Not even remotely close.

Lena: I mean, an acquaintance of his.

Hayden: Hello Winston. I'm Doctor Samuel Hayden, chairman and head researcher of the Union Aerospace Corporation.

Winston: Another scientist?

Hayden: Yes. I hope that with our combined knowledge, we can find ways to improve both this base and humanity's survival.

Winston: I'm very optimistic about the knowledge that you will bring into Overwatch.

Glaring at the doctor and crossing my arms, the monkey continued.

Winston: But first, I need to wash my hands.

Noticing my stance, the young mechanic following us began to pull on my arm, dragging me with her towards the warehouse.

Brigitte: Let's go fix that visor of yours again. Maybe improve on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 5.7K 29
Just a bunch of Overwatch x Reader fics
83.1K 1.5K 28
A disbanded group of heroes. A sinister plot. A shattered world. As a new recruit to the legendary Overwatch you have big shoes to fill, fortunate...
79.9K 903 25
Your a bounty hunter with a bad past. You have no one to love but your little sister. That soon changes for you
18.7K 256 8
This is about Y/N. At the age of 16 you lost your left hand to a Bastion unit and got it replaced with a robot hand. At 18 years old you became a gun...