The Pain of Devotion//Kol Mik...

Por Katarific_Kat

Alexandria's heart is mended by Kol, only to have it ripped out again. She and Kol's family must deal with th... Más

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's Note ***Not an Update
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 6

2.4K 49 14
Por Katarific_Kat

After our talk about the Mikaelson parents, Elijah, Klaus, and I headed back into the courtyard where there was commotion. Inside the courtyard are the Crescent wolves and Hayley is leading them.

"Well, this is interesting," I say under my breath.

Hayley speaks up to her packmates, "Take any of the rooms on the first floor."

Klaus walks over to Hayley and asks, "Are we running a kennel now?"

I snorted at his question, earning a look from Elijah. I rolled my eyes, "You cannot look at me like I am a child."

"You are a child who is locked inside a teen's body," Elijah says with unamusement.

"Well you dated this child, so what does that make you?" I raised an eyebrow at him with a small smile.

He sighs and shakes his head, so we tune back into Klaus and Hayley's conversation.

"Our family is under siege. It is not the time for guests," Klaus says in annoyance.

Hayley reasons with Klaus, "If they're not with us, they're with the witches. You asked me to step up. This is me stepping up."

Klaus looks proud as he smiles, "Well, it seems I'm a good influence on you after all."

I turned to speak to Elijah but he seemed to be lost in his mind. With a sigh, I walked down the stairs to Hayley and Klaus.

"I don't see Oliver amongst them. Am I to assume you finished him off?" Klaus asks with a devilish smile.

Hayley grinned a little as she was proud of herself, "We made a deal. He'll pledge his loyalty to Cassie, report back, and tell me everything that he learns."

"Well done!" Klaus exclaims.

"Far better than what you would have done," I mused with a smirk.

Klaus turns to me with furrowed brows, "Oh please, we both know I am the master planner of deception."

I laughed at how true his statement was. Klaus then leaves Hayley and I to help the wolves.

"How should I help?" I asked with a smile.

"You want to help?" Hayley asks in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Anything for you Hayley."

"Just help me show them to their rooms." She redirects her attention to wolves who just entered the compound, "You girls can just go through here."

I see Elijah coming down the stairs, just about to leave. With a smirk, I say, "Let me help them! Follow me girls."

I point them in the directions of their rooms before turning back to Hayley. She and Elijah are talking and I cannot help but smile. They would be so cute together. I frowned when he left.

After helping all the werewolves move in, Hayley took a break and hung out in the courtyard. In the middle of the courtyard was a table full of foods. There were fruits, juice, a silver platter, and a whole breakfast buffet.

"I guess Klaus decided to be nice today," I said as I began to eat the food. We started to munch on the fruits and breakfast buffet that was there.

Klaus ended up coming downstairs to join us.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Hayley asks Klaus with a smile.

Klaus looks at us and furrows his eyebrows, "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..."

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" I say, feeling slightly uneasy.

As if on queue, Elijah walks in and says, "This wasn't my doing..."

Hayley asks what we were all thinking, "Then, where did this all come from?"

With an alarmed look, I stand up from my seat. A loud rattle was emitted from the shaking silver platter. Hayley and Elijah jumped at the sound. Klaus lifted the platter as he looked uneasy. Two starlings flew out of the platter and up toward the ceiling, causing us all to duck down to avoid being hit.

"What the hell was that?" Hayley breathes out.

Klaus grabs the paper that was inside the platter and says, "An invitation from our mother."

"You have got to be bloody kidding me," I sigh as I sit down by the fountain.

"This is all so much," Hayley groans and runs her hands through her hair.

I nodded my head in agreement, "I know. I need to lie down."

We both sighed and went upstairs to lay down on the nearest bed, which happened to be Klaus's.

"Welcome to the Mikaelson family where parents are trying to kill their immortal children," I sighed, causing Hayley to laugh.

"It is times like this I'm really glad I never knew my mother," Hayley says.

Klaus comes into the room, "We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family."

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through our baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count," Hayley says as she sits up.

As Klaus smiles, Elijah walks into disagree, "You will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host."

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul," Klaus says to Elijah.

That memory sent shivers down my spine, "Now that was a shit show."

"Well, then. We have, "Elijah checks his watch, "this afternoon to prepare for the worst.

As Elijah leaves, I sarcastically say, "Great!"

Hayley rolls her eyes while Klaus smiles at Hayley, "The bloom is off the rose, I see."

Klaus follows after Elijah as Hayley mutters under her breath, "Shut up."

When I know the guys are out of earshot, I ask her, "Is there anything going on between you two?"

"Elijah? He won't talk to me and I cannot tell why." Hayley says while getting flustered.

I look at her with a grin, "That wasn't the brother I was referring to but I guess I got my answer. Just be patient with Elijah, he is having a weird faze."

I laugh at her while I leave the room. "Well what about you, Lex?" Hayley calls out to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I turn back to her.

"Any guys? You seem to be happier as of now," Hayley says and suggestively wiggles her eyebrows at me.

I laughed at her, "There's no one."

"Klaus told me about Kaleb. Anything to explore there?" Hayley questions with a smirk.

"How did he even d=find out?" I laughed and then thought about it for a moment, then shook my head, "I don't know. There is something about him that is so captivatingly familiar."

Hayley nods her head, "That is a sign if I have ever seen one."

"Oh my, no! I cannot deal with a man and his drama when I face Mikaelson drama!" I laugh at just the idea of a boyfriend and leave the room. "Ew, no thank you!"

I went downstairs to see Klaus looking stressed. "What's wrong, Nikki?" I asked him and rushed over.

"I don't know why, but I feel like this dinner needs to be perfect," He groaned in frustration.

"Don't worry, I will help you! I'll go find some caterers to help," I patted his shoulder assuringly before rushing to find caterers.

I was walking out of a restaurant after compelling a few caterers when I decided to sit down on a bench. It was a risky move, considering how many people are trying to kill the Mikaelsons and I, but oh well.

"We really need to stop running into each other," Someone said from behind me.

I finally updated! Yay if anyone is still even reading this! I have a lot more free time now that it is summer and my lacrosse season is coming to an end soon, so I will update more! Thanks to those who were patient and waited for the next chapter. You guys are awesome and deserve the new chapters coming up! I will try to get up one chapter per week. Enjoy!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

57.9K 1K 18
When Elijah cheats on Y/n and leaves her heartbroken, she turns to Klaus for comfort. But when Y/n and Klaus start to have feelings for one another...
4.5K 133 12
Hugo Daniels has been traveling the United States since he graduated high school. Now back in New Orleans, where he grew up, he's pulled into a whol...
3.5K 317 14
Elijah's mate trusts Mikael over him. She doesn't believe in their mating bond and his mere presence terrifies her... This is the PREQUEL to Claudia...
2.6K 22 17
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. She fell in love with him when they were together, then fell deeper in love with him in th...