The Omnismancer

By TheEmeraldSloth

Fourteen year old boy, Will Troy figures out that he is a mage. He is not just any mage though. He is the ra... More

Chapter One
A/N

Chapter Two

36 5 3
By TheEmeraldSloth

  I wake up in a clean bed. I'm in a what looks like an infirmary. There are two other people here with me in beds like mine. The first one is a girl about my age with long frizzy red hair, chocolate brown eyes, and around my height. The second one is a boy, he has short dark brown hair, looks to be a year older than me, green eyes, and a foot taller then me. The boy has a broken leg and the girl has a broken arm. I feel like I've seen the boy somewhere before, but I can't remember where. The girl is awake.

  "Hi, what's your name I ask her.

  "My names Ashley what's yours? You must be knew because I don't know you and I know everyone." Ashley says.

  "I'm Will. Do you have powers too. How long have you been here?" I ask.

  "So you are knew. You've already unlocked your powers?" Ashley asks me.

  "Yeah, is that not normal? Does everyone have fire abilities, or  do other people have different powers." I ask.

  "Most people don't figure out what their power is until a week after they have been here. Some people have different powers than you. There are ten different types of mages you could be, a darkmancer, a photomancer, a fulgurmancer, pyromancer which is what you are, a hydromancer, a terramancer, an aeromancer which I am, a herbomancer, or a chronomacer." Ashley says.

  "Wow. So mages are real? Like mages from stories? I'm a mage?" I ask amazed.

  "Yeah. Your taking this better than I thought you would." Ashley says.

  "What is this place anyway?" I ask confused.

  "This place is a school for young mages like us to learn how to control our abilities" Ashley says.

  "Where do we live?" I ask.

  "Here." Ashley says.

  "How did you break your arm?" I ask curious.

  "I was sparing with a terramancer and a rock broke my arm." Ashley says.

  "Are you okay?" I ask.

  "Yeah I'm fine I'm getting the cast off today. I'm just waiting for the nurse to come." Ashley says.

  "Who's the boy?" I ask.

  "He's Charlie. He's getting his cast off today as well. He's instructor Barry's son." she says. That's why he looked familiar.

  "I hate Barry, he tranquilized me." I say.

  "Did you try to fight him?" she asks.

  "Yeah." I say. Right then the nurse came in with another man.

  "Hello my name is Nicholas." the man says.

  "My name is Will." I say.

  "Ashley probably told you a lot already." Nicholas says. "I'm the the principle here at T.A.E.M., The Academy for Elemental Mages. Barry told me that you are a pyromancer. Is that correct?"

  "Yes." I reply.

  "Well come with me I will show you your room and then get someone to help you figure things out. You and your buddy have the day off but tomorrow you will start classes." Nicholas says.

  "Okay." I say. I hope I have a nice buddy.

  "Can I be his buddy! Please Mr.Nicholas." Ashley asks. I silently hope he says yes.

  "Yes." Nicholas says.

  "I can bring him to his room if you tell me the room number sir." she says.

  "Room number 157." he says.

  "Yes! That's on the same hall as mine." Ashley says.

  Me and Ashley walk through a confusing maze of twists and turns until we get to my room. All the rooms looked the same except for some people added a personal touch to theirs, like a poster, a white board, or a mirror. My room had two twin sized beds, a bathroom, two wardrobes, two nightstand next to the beds, two desks, and two laptops on the desks.

  "Who's my roommate?" I ask Ashley.

  "I don't know? Another newbie like you." Ashley replies.

  "It will be a boy though, correct?" I ask.

  "Yeah." she replies.

  "What now?" I ask after I put my backpack in my new room.

  "I'll show you around the academy." Ashley says.

  "Okay." I say.

  First, we go to the armory. It's amazing. They have every type of weapon you could think. Guns, swords, explosives, daggers, spears, staffs, knives, and nunchucks. They also have heavy artillery. These include turrets, mortars, and many more I can't name.

  Next we walk to sparring room. The sparring room has mats made out of a very strong plastic and walls made out of reinforced iron covered in mats. It also has racks and racks of practice weapons. The room looked insane.

  After that we walked through the different magic development classrooms. They all looked different. The fire one has wood, plastic and metal dummies and a fireplace. The water one has a pool of water, a fire place and targets. The electric one has a pool of water, some dummies, an electrical wire connected to a light bulb and an electrical generator. The plant one has dummies and plants. The earth one has dirt, rocks, dummies and a fireplace. The dark one has dummies and a light bulb. The light one is completely dark so can't see what's inside. I see one missing though.

  "Ashley, where is the time room?" I ask confused.

  "Mr.Nicholas is the only cronomancer." Ashley replies.

  "Why?" I ask.

  "They are rare and every time there is a new one M.E.O find them and kills them." she replies sadly.

  "Who or what is M.E.O?" I ask.

  "Mage Extermination Organization." Ashley says.

  "Why do they want to kill us?" I ask.

  "I don't know?" she says. "No one does."

  We walk to a cafeteria for lunch. I get a hamburger, fries and a sprite. This food is so good. I barely remember not having to scavenge for food. I have not tasted fresh food in years. I have decided I like this place.

  We sit down at a table with two other people a boy who looks nervous and a girl who looks like she's been here for a while. The boy has short black hair and emerald green eyes. He looks to be about my age and my height. The girl has wavy blond hair, sky blue eyes and looked to be a year younger than me. The girls face seemed to brighten up when she saw Ashley.

  "This is my best friend Felicity." Ashley says.

  "Hi, my name is Will I'm a pyromancer." I say.

  "Hi my name is Felicity I'm a herbomancer" she says.

  "Hi, my name's Felix this is my first day here so I don't know what mage I am" Felix says.

  "It's my first day too." I say.

  "How do you know your a pyromancer already?" he asks me.

  "I don't know?" I say in responds.

  "Since your giving Felix a tour and I'm giving Will a tour, how about we go together?" Ashley asks.

  "Okay" Felicity agrees.

  After we all finished eating we continue on with the tour, this time together. We walk to the joint classrooms. This is where two different types of mages meet up and are taught how to defend against each others magic. These classrooms look basically the same as the sparing room.

  The next place we go to is the math, history, science, and English classrooms. They all look basically the same as I remember from fourth grade except that they had more advanced equipment.

We then walk back to the cafeteria and get dinner. For dinner I have BBQ chicken and baked beans. It's delicious. After dinner we all walk back to our rooms.

  When we are walking back to our rooms Ashley tells me that we are inside a mountain. I'm not surprised though. After all I had learned today, a school in a mountain is not very surprising.

  I walk into my room, by this time Ashley and Felicity have already gone to their rooms, they are roommates. I walk into my room and Felix follows me.

  "This is my room." we both say at the same time.

  "I guess we are roommates." I say.

  "Yeah! This is going to be so much fun." Felix says happily.

  "Yeah!" I agree enthusiastically.

  I look on my bed and see a schedule for tomorrow. It looks like this:

  9:00 am to 9:30 am: breakfast.

  9:45 am to 11:45 am: magic controlling class.

  12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: lunch.

  1:15 pm to 2:15 pm: mage history.

  2:30 pm to 3:30 pm: math.

  3:45 pm to 4:45 pm: science.

  5:00 pm to 6:00 pm: combat.

  6:15 pm to 7:15 pm: English.

  7:30 to 8:30 pm: dinner.

  9:00 pm: curfew

  10:00 pm: bedtime. At the bottom of the paper was a note that said: This schedule is for everyday except Saturday and Sunday which you have off.

  I check the time, it's 10:00 pm, I should go to bed and try to fall asleep. I fall asleep thinking of all that has happened today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 4.1K 52
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
436K 18.1K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
211K 8.5K 50
(Male Yandere Demons x Female Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ____...
48.1K 5.4K 10
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...