The Hellwalker Roams: A DOOM...

By After_Hours_Writer

A lone man, one long forgotten by all, returns to his home planet, only to see nothing but death and abandonm... More

Dorado: Returning to Ruins
Dorado: A New Purpose
Dorado to Denver: Finding Grand Mesa
Denver: The Grand Mesa Massacre
Denver to London: Look at the Time
London: They've Followed
London: A Tense Enlistment
London to Gibraltar: Base of Operations
Gibraltar: The Oddest of the Bunch
Gibraltar to Brazil: Carnival
Brazil: Talon
Brazil to Gibraltar: Summer Heat
Gibraltar to Russia: A Common Enemy
Gibraltar to Russia: The Beginning
Russia: A Familiar Face
Russia to Gibraltar: Like Old Times
Gibraltar: The Googly Eyed Menance
Gibraltar to Junkertown: Barren Wasteland
Junkertown to Numbani: The Plan
Numbani: Celebrities
Numbani: The Scourge Returns
Numbani: Doom
Numbani to Gibraltar: A Much Needed Break
Gibraltar: A New Marine
Gibraltar: Invasion
Gibraltar to Cairo: The Demon Program
Cairo to Gibraltar: Our Next Plan of Attack

Russia: Fallen From Grace

16.2K 256 253
By After_Hours_Writer

Doom Slayer's POV

That took a little longer than expected.

The possessed rose from all around us, each with various shapes and sizes. Though they were easy to kill, their sheer numbers made for a long day of slaughter. Rising all across the city by the thousands, we inevitably cleared them out group by group, with the entire dilemma lasting several hours of daylight. As we killed the last, the sun was beginning to set down for the day. The worse would yet to come at night.

*Pew-Pew!*

*Crack!*

That should be the last of the possessed.

Hana: That....took way longer than it ever should.

Reinhardt: Anyone else feeling exhausted, or I'm just getting too old?

Brigitte: No, not just you Rein.

Lena: I'm feeling a bit of fatigue right now.

Fareeha: We're done here, right?

I shook my head, much to their dissatisfaction.

The worst is yet to come.

Hana: For real!?

Fareha: What!?

Lena: What do you mean, no!? We've been at this for hours!

VEGA: What we've fought was nothing more than fodder, Miss Oxton. With a city of this size, the worst is yet to come.

Brigitte: So there was no point in doing this?

We sprung their traps and disarmed them, so to speak.

VEGA: In a way, we've disarmed their traps so that our next encounter would be easier, Miss Lindholm. We did not fight in vain.

Reinhardt: Then when will the worst of it be coming?

VEGA: According to Walker, when the moon rises and the sun sets. Darkness does attract the higher tiers of Hell.

Reinhardt: Well, so much for nap time.

Hana: Aww...

Fareeha: So we wait.

VEGA: Correct.

Fareeha: I'll be adjusting Raptora then.

Did I just hear "Raptor armor"?

VEGA: I believe you've heard "Raptora".

Even more strange of a name. Wasn't paying attention.

An Hour Later...
Town Square...

From the rooftop of an abandoned book store, I watched over the main city square, where the gore nest lied dormant from the scope of the Heavy Assault Rifle. Becoming active, several demons entered through it into this world.

Gore nest...Imps...Hell Razers....Hell Knight...the fuck?

Aiming the scope again, I noticed a young teenage girl lying on the ground beside the gore nest. Her body filled with scratches and bruises; Chains wrapped around her slim body. It was already an odd enough sight to see humans near the monstrosities without missing limbs, let alone taken as some sort of hostage.

Something isn't adding up.

While the others tried their damnest not to fall asleep, Fareeha stood alone on the other side of the roof, noticing the same thing as I did.

Fareeha: Those things have a hostage.

No, they don't.

Pointing at her and then at the team, I gestured for her to stay with the others as I jumped down from the roof, Combat Shotgun in hand.

Fareeha: Hey, wait a minute...

VEGA: She didn't take too kindly to that.

She can deal with it. For now...

*Schklikt, klikt!*

I'm doing this my way.

Walking towards the square, a few of the summoned imps turned to see me in front of them. Getting ready to roar, I placed the barrel of the shotgun in front of its head and pulled the trigger, letting a buckshot of pellets tear through its soft, squishy head.

Pumping the combat shotgun, the horde began to front towards me, fireballs in hand. Sprinting towards them as well, I bobbed and weaved my way through the group of imps, dodging fireballs and gibbing them to tiny, blood filled pieces with explosive firepower. Reaching the gore nest, the Hell Knight leapt towards me. Jumping back a few steps, the Knight's hand made contact with the concrete sidewalk, cracking it with tremendous force. Seeing an opportunity, I bashed the Knight's head with the butt of the shotgun, stunning it momentarily as I opened its mouth and placed the tip of the barrel inside. Holding both the pump and the trigger, an explosive round went off inside, turning the Knight into a blood bomb.

Where are the-?

Seeing the Hell Razers beside me, I aimed the shotgun at them, only to see them distracted by rockets pummeling down on them from above. Looking up, I noticed Fareeha hovering in the air with her rocket launcher aimed at them.

Course she didn't listen.

VEGA: You shouldn't be surprised, considering your relationship with her is poor at the moment.

Yeah, true.

Landing beside me, the woman spoke with authority.

Fareeha: Where's the girl?

What do you mean, "Where's the-."?

Looking back at the gore nest, the young girl was missing. A large chain and several black feathers lied where she once was.

Girl....Son of a-.

A young girl's voice began to sing from all around us.

???: Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are.

Oh, that's creepy.

???: Angels will not treat you well. You will burn with me in Hell.

My line of sight grew lesser with each passing second. Now only able to see a few feet past me, I began to hear metal grinding against a nearby wall, pinpointing whatever's doing this behind me.

???: Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are.

*Whoom!*

!

Turning around, I saw the tip of a spear in my line of sight. Grabbing the pole, I swung it around in a circle. As I did so, a black and white entity passed by me onto the ground. As my vision came back, I took the spear and threw it aside, disappearing shortly after back into the entity's hand. Staring at the entity as it sprouted it's black wings of feather and bone, I realized that it was the little girl from before.

Course it was a trap, but... what the hell is that?

VEGA: It seems to resemble a fallen angel from biblical times.

Even Fareeha had the same thought, though she spoke out.

Fareeha: What are you?

*SCREEEEEEECH!*

Well, so much for bedtime stories.

Slamming the cross shaped spear down at the ground in front of her, spikes of rock began to rise in our direction. Shoving Fareeha out of the way again, I rolled aside and equipped the Heavy Assault Rifle and held down the trigger, letting only the thunderous sound of its Devastator rounds roar.

*Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thum-Thump!*

The fallen angel shielded herself with her wings, making the rounds have little impact on her. The second I stopped firing, she grabbed the air with her hands, teleporting herself in front of me, my guess hoping that she had the upper hand. Aiming the spear at me again, she lunged at me as I grabbed ahold of it again, slamming it into the ground in between us.

Pulling back and punching her jaw, she let go and tumbled backwards before readjusting herself. Jumping back, she flapped her wings in my direction, throwing several of those sharp feathers my way. Shielding my visor with my arm, I avoided most of them, leaving only a few to make impact on my arm. Looking forward, I switched to the Rocket Launcher and took aim, locking onto her and firing a truo of rockets in her direction. The being spiraled upwards with her wings, throwing feathers at the rockets and exploding them prematurely.

Ah, cool. It can fly....

VEGA: It has wings.

*SCREEEEETCH!*

Screeching again, the fallen angel curled herself up a bit before spreading her wings. Several black feathers flew everywhere around her, including another batch in my direction. Using my other arm, I felt nothing as a familiar voice spoke from beside me.

Reinhardt: Your shield wants in on this glorious battle!

What?

Looking to see the others behind me, Lena was the first to run towards the being, firing her machine pistols and talking to it.

Lena: Hiya!

Angered, the fallen angel attempted to stab her, but the young Brit was much faster.

Lena: Missed me!

The beast tried again.

Lena: Cheers, love!

And again.

Lena: That's a strange weapon to be using.

And again.

Lena: Just a little bit more and you got me.

Stabbing the young girl, she began to literraly retrace her steps before my very eyes. Like the fallen angel, I too was confused about it.

Lena: Ouch! Well, you can have this, then!

Attaching a small bomb onto the being's chest, she whizzed on past me back behind the giant's shield as it was going off.

*Be-Be-Be-Be-Be-Be-BOOM!*

The angel, teleporting herself again, managed to take the bomb off itself and began to curl up again. Feeling a blunt metal object hit her head, she stopped and gazed at the person responsible.

Brigitte: Hey! Take a mace to the face!

*SCREEEEEEEEETCH!*

It didn't like the timing of your rhyming.

Screeching again, the angel once more attempted to curl itself up, being stopped again by a barrage of rockets.

Fareeha: Rocket barrage, incoming!

Resisting them, the fallen angel continued to curl up into a ball as I equipped the Gauss Cannon. Taking aim behind the giant's shield, I charged up the weapon, waiting until she began to spread herself out. Once she began, a large beam of plasma expelled out from the cannon towards it at light speed. Though hitting her wings instead of her chest, the beam tore through them like glass, revealing only bone and sending her crashing down onto the ground.

Sprinting towards it, I noticed the lack of feathers and a more bloody body as it breathed heavily, on the verge of death. Seeing the spear beside it, I grabbed it as the fallen angel attempted to escape. Trying to run, I grabbed her foot and pulled her back towards me. Raising the spear, I impailed it through her spine and raised her in the air, causing her to screen in pain. Planting the spear like a flag, the being slowly raised its arm in an attempt to escape death. Equipping and aiming the Super Shotgun at her face, death met her eyes with both barrels.

Death is staring in your eyes. And it knows that you will die.

*BOOM!*

Twinkle, twinkle, little star. I know you're a piece of shit.

VEGA: That does not even rhyme.

I don't care anymore, VEGA.

Pulling the trigger, the angel's head exploded into small chunks, with more than enough of it splattering onto the Praetor Suit. As the others stood beside me, disgusted by the bloody suit, I began having thoughts.

It's a fucking Baron with wings.

VEGA: That's one way of describing it.

A pain in the ass is how I describe it.

VEGA: It makes you wonder what other species of demons awaits us here.

True. Wait....Where's Hana?

Hana: Am I late?

Turning around to see the girl in the pink mech, I rolled my eyes and nodded.

Hana: Eww.

Fareeha: Very.

Lena: Hey Walker, you have any idea what this thing is?

Shaking my head, VEGA responded for me.

VEGA: It's a new species neither of us have seen before.

Reinhardt: Makes me wonder what more we haven't seen.

VEGA: That's exactly our thought.

Hana: Oh, so we're actually done, right?

Not quite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 8.3K 25
You were one of the witch's most favorite experiment. One day you and your friend had enough and somehow managed to escape. Years later you and your...
22.4K 181 21
These are either gonna be silly, sad or overall romantic. I do not do smut/lemons (yet) but I will go a little extreme at sometimes. Requests are ope...
185K 3K 100
When Genji looses everything he has to learn how to get it back with a little luck from an angel.
878 83 22
The Overwatch lore made into a single continuous story. All content belongs to Blizzard. This is fan fiction. Chapters will be released biweekly. Ope...