A Brand New Adventure

By imbethwhittaker

SEQUEL TO ONE TRUE LOVE! This is a story about love, family and adventure. Husband and wife, finally settling... More

Introduction.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - Part Two
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6 - Part One

232 10 0
By imbethwhittaker

"Melody?" Amy asked,

The Doctor, River and Dayton were currently staying at the Pond residence for a few days, finalizing wedding details, and spending some time together as a family.

"Yes," River replied, paying most of her attention to Dayton who was currently playing on his own.

"What do you want to do tonight?" Amy asked, holding her cup tight to warm up her hands.

River scoffed, "Sleep."

Amy laughed, "Wrong," she said in a sing-song voice.

River shuffled back on the sofa and folded her arms, "And what are you suggesting Mother dear?"

"Two words," Amy smiled.

"No, please don't say..."

"Bachelorette party," Amy said with a wide grin.

"Come on," River said, "We have kids, and I can't remember the last time I went out drinking."

"Well, we have a husband and a husband-to-be to look after the kids, and I'm your mother."

"Usually mothers tell their daughters not to go and get drunk," River said, standing her ground.

"Please," Amy whined.

"No."

"Please," Amy said fluttering her eyelashes.

"No."

"One drink and a meal and mother and daughter?"

"You're not going to stop are you?" River asked.

"No."

"Fine," River sighed.

"Yes," Amy shouted, punching her fist in the air.

"Seriously, one drink, that's all."

"Yeah, whatever," Amy lied.

"Hows my favorite people?" the Doctor shouted as he walked into the living room

"And who is your favorite person?" River asked pressing her lips together.

"Amy," the Doctor said in his most serious tone.

"Thanks," Amy smiled.

"Yeah, you're not my favorite person either," River said as she threw a cushion at the Doctor.

"No throwing Momma," Dayton said as he look at River, "That's naughty."

Amy and the Doctor looked at each other and burst out laughing, mainly at the fact that for the past 23 months, River had been telling Dayton not to throw things at people, yet now here he was telling River off.

"Oi, you two, care to be quiet?" River said glaring at the Doctor.

"Home," Rory shouted as he walked through the front door after picking Brooklyn and Harry up from school.

"Mum, look at my drawing," Harry said as he ran into the living room.

"No, look at mine, it's better," Brooklyn shouted as she ran in after her twin brother.

"Feels like home," River whispered to herself.

Amy braced herself as her two children jumped on her, shoving their pictures in her face. 

"Okay, okay," she shouted over the screams, "Why don't you go and put them on the fridge."

Brooklyn and Harry raced into the fridge, arguing about who could put theirs on first.

"Now that both the men are here," Amy said as Rory walked in the living room, "I have an announcement to make, please sit."

The Doctor and Rory looked at each other in confusion, but sat down on the nearest seats.

"Well?" Rory said.

"Me and River are going out tonight..." Amy began.

"For a meal and one drink," River interrupted, with emphasis on the word 'one'.

"Yeah, one hell of a bachelorette party," Amy said, you could hear the sarcasm spilling out her mouth.

"Why don't you go out, out?" Rory asked.

"Can I come?" Brooklyn asked as she walked back into the living room.

"Can we all go?" Harry asked following his sister.

"Momma? Daddy?" Dayton shouted, joining in with everyone.

River sat back, smiled and watched as he crazy, but beloved family had yet another daily discussion that mostly ended in an argument of some sort.

Amy and River's taxi pulled up outside the pub, ready for the supposed bachelorette meal that River was initially expecting.

River wore a strapless, knee length black dress that hugged her amazing figure in all the right places and showed a little cleavage. She paired her ress with her trademark red Louboutins, and wore little make up, but she still looked astonishing.

Amy wore a long sleeved, midnight blue dress that stopped just below her knees, it also hugged her figure. She paired her dress with black heels, and her make-up was simple. They both looked like best friends on a regular night out rather than mother and daughter.

As River stepped out the taxi she sighed, "One drink and a meal right?"

Amy smiled and shook her head slightly.

"Okay, I'm going home now," River sighed.

"Look, the guys have the kids. Let go for once," Amy said rubbing Rivers arm.

River thought it over in her head and realized that Amy was right. She hardly had any time to herself now that she was a mum, not that she didn't mind most of the time. The occasional bubble bath or quiet hour in the library was all she got.

"Fine," River said offering half a smile.

"Yes!" Amy shouted.

2 hours into the two-woman bachelorette party that consisted of Amy Pond and River Song, and they were both already slightly tipsy. It was only around 11pm.

"Melody," Amy shouted over the music.

River too a sip of her red wine, "Yes?" she shouted back.

"We should totally do karaoke!"

"No," River refused.

"Why?"

"Because I cannot sing, at all."

"And?" Amy questioned.

River glared at Amy, but then mentally decided that there was no harm in having a sing along with your mother, right? "Fine then."

Amy grabbed Rivers hand and pulled her from their table to the other side of the pub where the karaoke was stationed on a stage of some sort.

Amy pointed to a song, "Doing this one, no questioned asked Melody."

"But I hardly know it," River whined.

"The words come up on that screen dopey," Amy smiled as she pointed to the small screen at the front of the stage.

"Whatever," River said, rolling her eyes.

"Welcome Melody and Amy to the stage," a guy who was in charge of the karaoke stated, "They are singing Rock This Country by Shania Twain, a first for the pub."

River took the microphone from the guy, who was surprisingly handsome. "Actually I go by River now, thank you," River said into the microphone.

The intro started and Amy and River looked at the screen that contained the lyrics.

I woke up this morning with a buzz rollin' 'round in my brain,

I haven't been drinkin' but it feels pretty good just the same.

It must be contagious - looks like it's goin' around,

It's cool once you catch it - can't keep your feet on the ground.

C'mon, c'mon - let's get something started,

C'mon, c'mon - let's start something now.

We're gonna rock this country,

Every brown-eyed boy, every blue-eyed boy,

Gotta really go psycho - give it a whirl.

We're gonna rock this country,

Right out of this world,

Ah-oo-na-na-na-na-na-na-nah.

Amy looked to River, who was singing better than she said she could. She didn't say anything right that minute, she concentrated on the rest of the song.

From Utah to Texas, Minnesota, Mississippi too,

Or Nevada, no matter where you live - this buzz is for you.

C'mon, c'mon - let's get something started,

C'mon, c'mon - let's start something now.

We're gonna rock this country,

Every brown-eyed boy, every blue-eyed boy,

Gotta really go psycho - give it a whirl.

We're gonna rock this country,

Right out of this world,

Ah-oo-na-na-na-na-na-na-nah.

River looked at the crowd, they were dancing to the song, and actually enjoying it. The truth was that she hated singing in front of people, she never thought that she was any good, and it took every ounce of strength for her to be on this damn stage.

We're pluggin' in the power,

Crankin' up the sound.

It's comin' in your direction,

It's headin' to your town.

We're kickin' up dust,

Blowin' ff steam.

Let's get nuts now,

Everybody scream.

We're gonna rock this country,

Every brown-eyed boy, every blue-eyed boy,

Gotta really go psycho - give it a whirl.

We're gonna rock this country,

Right out of this world,

Ah-oo-na-na-na-na-na-na-nah.

Everyone on the dance floor clapped as the song finished, still a surprise to River.

"Liar," Amy said as they walked back to their table.

River laughed, "What?" she asked.

"Can can sing."

"I really can't," River said as she sat down on her chair one side of the table, laughing slightly.

"No. Seriously, you have a real talent Mels," Amy smiled.

River took a sip of her drink, "Thank you Mum."

"Wait," a blonde haired lady said as she stopped at their table, "You're her Mum?"

"Yeah, you got a problem with that?" Amy and River said in unison.

Authors note: As you can see, this chapter is kind of long, so I am splitting it into two different parts. Part Two will be posted shortly. Also, if you want you can listen to the song that is featured as a karaoke duet from River and Amy. I hope you are enjoying this chapter so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.5K 18
River is as close to the Library as she can get without going to Darillium. Amy and Rory have just disappeared from the Doctor's life. So, the plan...
2.1K 161 32
The first time they met; He was her physics teacher & She was his student. During the two years in higher secondary, they never had a close conversat...
8K 180 51
✅ approx 160,000 words The Angel is alive and well, and the Doctor is at her side once more. Things are looking good, but will they last? There's a...
6.1K 241 32
Sequel to The Time Traveller's Wife Now you know the truth. Anne-Marie, the Girl Ripped from Gallifrey. Taken from a world she's never known with new...