Blinded by their betrayal

נכתב על ידי reshell90

Growing up in a broken household, Shelby had Chase the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. Or so she thought... עוד

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 2

83 6 0
נכתב על ידי reshell90

Almost a month had passed since I told Chase I was ready, we agreed that it would happen soon. Getting home on this awful Tuesday afternoon, I threw my bag in my room and headed for the kitchen deciding to make me and Steven a sandwich. Planning on making macaroni and cheese for dinner later on, it is Steven and my favourite food in the entire universe. Dad works at a construction company, so he'll be home by six, leaving him enough time to get cleaned and follow his drinking habit to wherever and then just barely getting back in time to get an hour or two sleep before work. And to make thing worse, mom held a grudge and came with a vengeance when she knew dad was not around at night, she would knock on the door and when I opened the door she would rush to dad's room and cut up his clothes, anything she could get a hold of she would destroy. I stopped begging her not to go full on psycho when I realized she wasn't listening at all. See she got an office job and had time on her hands, I just knew her friend had a big influence on her. My thoughts got cut short when I heard talking in the living room.

"Bud, who are you talking to?" I yelled from the kitchen. He didn't respond and before I could ask again, Chase walked in, he still had his school uniform on, and he looked hot. He smiled and revealed a pair of white teeth.

"Hello babe, I've missed you." he gave me a peck on the lips, I noticed that he smelled like cigarettes again. I didn't like the fact that he smoked and he knew that he always made sure to chew strong gum whenever he was around me and before he kissed me. But I had to deal with him smelling like a chimney.

I just rolled my eyes at him, "Like you didn't see me just this morning?"

"Yeah I know, but if I didn't forget my school blazer at Miguel's, I would've never seen you until now." he pouted, making him look cute.

"Ha ha whatever, I'm making sandwiches. Do you want one?"

He said yes and while he was busy devouring his sandwich, I took Steven's to his room. He was playing games on his computer, which me and him both saved up for. I was sure he would go into a technical career one day, cause for an almost 12-year-old he was extremely good with computers. And some of the terms he used when referring to what he was doing on his pc left me in awe, because I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

He looked up when he saw me and took the sandwich, I handed to him. "Thank you sis, you always make the best sandwiches!"

"You're welcome bud, I'll be going to Chase's party on Friday. Do you want to stay over at Norman's?"

"Yup, I'll check with him tomorrow."

Norman was his best friend; they were like two peas in a pod. It also helped that I was friends with Norman's sister Amanda, and they lived in the same apartment block as us. And I'd feel much better knowing my little brother was not alone. I was just glad my parents were not together anymore; I remember some nights I would be asleep, and Steven would come crying begging me to stop them with tears running down his baby face. This angered me so much, could my parents not see the effects their fights had on their children. I was so relieved that they split, it was hell on earth. Not to mention the emotional strain it has put on me and Steven, if we got a few hours' sleep at night it would be a lot. The only time we got our much-needed rest, was when we slept at a friend or relative's house. But then I'd still worry that my parents would kill each other. Now it felt lighter most of the time...

"Okay cool," I waved his hair around with my hand and left his room. Chase was spread out on my bed playing on his phone. I sat next to him and started with my homework, when Jessica entered. She was not known for knocking and would just barge in.

"Hey guys, Shell I need to talk to you!" She said, looking like she was about to explode with emotions.

Chase got up and kissed me on the forehead. "Okay laddies that's my queue to leave, babe I'll see you tomorrow after rugby practice. Bye Jessica."

I put my books away and patted the space next to me indicating Jessica to sit down. She sighed and sat. "Okay, so what's up with you?"

"It's Miguel, I think we've finely reached the point of saving our relationship. We had a fight about his darn brother!"

"Why would you fight over Timmy?" Timmy was the same age as me and he wasn't a bad guy, he mostly just kept to himself. He hung out with his friend Nicholas who was in the 11th grade with Chase and Miguel. I see him sometimes when he picks Timmy up with his bright red Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Timmy would go to his house, and I heard Chase say him and Miguel didn't really get along with Nicholas. Probably because boys are worse with their egos and all.

Jessica rolled her eyes at me, "Well we were watching a horror, you know how I love horrors right?" I just nodded waiting for her to continue. "The little shit wanted to watch the sport channel and I said no, he and Miguel had an argument and then Miguel turns to me and has the audacity to say I should change the channel and stop being such a cry baby. I mean come on; I was there first!"

"Oh, my word Jess, you do realize it's his house." Jess was a very head strong person; she would make something big out of the smallest scenarios I could just imagine the way the scene went down. "But okay, what happened then?" I said rolling my eyes.

"It is his house, but it's his brother's too and we were there first! Then we shouted at one another, and I left. I think I'll go over there later and end things. I'm tired of that little shit always influencing Miguel and trying to get between us. The way I feel now he can just go and date his brother, I'm done!"

"Jess you know very well that your relationship with Miguel has nothing to do with Timmy's influence and if breaking up is what you want, you know I've got your back."

She gave me an annoyed look. "Well, I do think he has a lot to do with our relationship, but it won't change the fact that it is over. How are things with you and Chase?"

I was glad she changed the subject and excited to tell her about myself and Chase. As I told her about it, I couldn't help but feel a little uncertain deep down. I brushed the feeling off, it was probably just my nerves. Jess was very supportive, giving me advice and telling me what to expect. She and Miguel started being sexually active at a very early stage in their relationship, she had the actual experience. I have some knowledge only from the romance novels I've been reading in secret, I would probably get mocked if anyone knew I was a sucker for romantic novels.

===========================

I woke up to a loud banging on the door, knowing full well it was my mom. I checked my phone it was past 2 in the morning, I had an assignment due tomorrow and worked on it most of the night. I rolled my eyes at the thought and as I opened my bedroom door, Steven was on his way to me. The poor kid, he looked so tired and I just wished I could take him away from all of this.

"Go back to bed bud, mom probably just wants to talk." he gave me a weak smile and went back to his room.

Mom had fury written all over her face, plus it looked like she had a few drinks. Yeah, her new friend probably had a finger in the pie. "Shelby, I need to come in! Guess who I saw at the bar downtown, snuggling up to a tramp?"

"No mom, you can't come in. Please don't do this again. And what were you doing at a bar? You have a restraining order against dad, remember? That doesn't count if you go near him, does it?"

"Yes Shelby I do, but he doesn't get to party like he is the town's most eligible bachelor!"

I loved my mom, but it is just too much when will she realize that acting like this wouldn't change things. "Seriously mom? This is childish, I keep trying to understand why you wouldn't just move on, give up. I can't keep up with the drama that is all about you and dad trying to spite one another, and me and my brother having to be in the middle of this is sickening. You guys really need a reality check!"

This earned me a slap on the cheek, mom looked furious. "That's enough from you Shelby, I'm not going to let you talk to me about this. You have no idea what you're talking about."

I rubbed my cheek, it was one hell of a slap. "Really mom, then explain it to me please, I'm begging you. I'm really trying to understand, honestly, I am."

She wanted to say something, but I put my hand in the air for her to give me a chance to finish and continued. "You know what, that's fine. I need to go to bed now, you go right ahead and do what you came here to. Please just make sure to lock the door after you've finished."

I got into my bed, put my earphones. I don't know what's happened to my mom, when she and dad were together, she wasn't like this. She had her hands full with dad all of her married life, but she always tried to make the best of everything granted it wasn't easy with dad. But with this new friend in her life, she was different. It's almost like she was under a spell that turned her into someone she wasn't! Dad was always the way he is now, so there is nothing new about him.

I changed my playlist to symphonic music and eventually fell asleep.

                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.2K 336 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
3.5K 517 29
****MATURE LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT***** You always hear fairy tale stories of good girls meeting bad guys and they fall in love. The men change t...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
427K 19.2K 30
[COMPLETE] "But there's still so much to learn about this body of yours, dear." He licks his lips as his eyes rake over my form. "You see, I'm curiou...