The Water Sprite

By moosesforgooses

Bai Qian, the young Princess of The Fox Clan flees the Den in search of peace and quiet after an argument bet... More

The Rock Pool
A Fated Meeting
An Unwanted Disciple
Mayhem on Kunlun Mountain
A New Beginning
Assessment of a War God
The Letter
Growth
Ascension
A Fated Witness
A High Immortal
Festival of Peaches
Confusion
Coronation
The Birthday Party
A Birthday Gift
A Soft Blush
Confessions
A Soldiers Return
Pirates Treasure
Kunlun Mountain
Suspicions
A Trial of Extremes
The Hunter
A Hunted Hunter
Heat
Flame on Flame
Rejected
The Healer.
An Eel
The Return
A High Goddess
The Interview.
A Deeper Understanding
Marriage
The Announcement
Final Preparations.
Dissension
Family
Epilogue

Matrimony

1.7K 44 2
By moosesforgooses

19,995 Years Ago

Mo Yuan rose four hours before dawn along with his Disciples. But rather than prepare himself in the Celestial Heavens, he instead remained on Kunlun Mountain because it was much closer to the Peach Tree Woods than his Palace and that also meant they were closer to Qing Qiu as well.

Initially Lord Pua had not been happy with the change of venue considering he deemed it more appropriate for their Heavenly Lord to marry in the Celestial Palace, but he knew, along with everyone else, that once Mo Yuan made a decision on anything, he never changed it.

So in the end he had no choice but to shorten the list of guests to a mere fifty, while Qing Qiu would also invite only fifty, though the rest would be welcomed to the banquet which would take place in the Celestial Heavens on the first night, because Mo Yuan and Bai Qian wanted the marriage chamber to be set up in his own Palace Chamber, though this was more to appease Lord Pua than anyone else.

"It's quite a rigmarole Mo Yuan, but everything is ready." he had informed him tersely before heading back to his own chamber.

That had been the night before, and Mo Yuan could not have been any happier if he tried. To be finally marrying at his age to their worlds most beautiful woman was any mans dream come true.

Now in the hot pool with his Senior Disciples Die Feng and Chang Shan, he was thoroughly cleaned down and lightly oiled before they then moved to his hair. Being waist length, it took both of them to work the lightly scented oil into his tresses and it was hard work, but Mo Yuan took the time to go over the events of the day.

Everything had been immaculately prepared thanks in large part to Bai Qians mother who not only returned on the fourth day from sulking, but she fully took over everything, including the Celestial Palace, right down to the what his maids would wear which she colour coordinated with his guards.

Now fully bathed and scented, he rose swiftly to find Zi Lan behind him with a towelling robe on hand where he was quickly wrapped up and led back to his chamber.

Knowing how rowdy his youngest Disciple could be, Mo Yuan had already issued a warning against bawdy talk. Though he doubted the boy would have found the courage for it knowing how strongly Mo Yuan stood on morals and ethics he issued a stern warning regardless.

Returning to his own Chamber for dressing, it was still three hours away until dawn, but he needed at least two hours to collect his bride and then carry her to the Peach Tree Woods.

So dressing himself in the traditional colours of matrimony, his Disciples then sat him down to do his hair.

"Shifu, now that you're about to be married, will Mistress Bai Qian also reside here." Die Feng asked.

This was a topic he had not yet discussed with them because Bai Qian was not one to stay in one place for long.

"I am sure she will stay here when she is not in Qing Qiu. She is still their Queen, so will no doubt alternate between there, here and the Palace." He said as his hair was gathered and combed out.

"We would like to welcome her properly to the Mountain Shifu. She has yet to receive a formal dinner, would it be alright for us to organize this?" he asked politely.

Normally anyone who joined them permanently was given a proper welcome, so this was a valid request.

"Of course. Thank you. Though ensure there is meat, she does eat it." He said after some thought.

"Very well, I will have Chang Shan prepare it." He said smiling.

And in no time his hair was combed out before the sides were drawn up and pinned with a gold fox pin gifted to him by Zhe Yan.

Rising he moved to look in the mirror. Vermilion was not a colour he liked all that much, but his robes were heavily laced with gold. Down the front, the Dragon and Phoenix motifs were embroidered in gold and the cap they placed over his head was also heavily embroidered in gold peonies. He looked magnificent that the Disciples had to step back to admire the full length gown that weighed almost as much as he did.

Looking at him with tears in eyes, Die Feng raised his hands to bow.

"Shifu, you look........................ handsome." He stuttered in embarrassment before lowering his head.

Giggling softly, Zi Lan also raised his hands along with Chang Shan.

"She will melt Shifu." He said softly before they also lowered their heads.

Also becoming embarrassed, Mo Yuan smiled politely as he was then led to the Grand Hall where an alter was prepared for his ritual of gratitude.

And it was here, that everything the woman meant to him began to come back to him.  His memories replayed slowly in his mind as he bowed to the Heavens, then to his Ancestors and then to his Disciples who were his only family, and though they were embarrassed by it, they did not stop him.  

Time was moving on, so it did feel a little rushed to his Disciples, but in order to be at the Peach Tree Grove on time, Mo Yuan was not wasting a single second, his wedding had to be perfect for his new bride, and with only her in mind, they left the Grand Hall to begin making their way to the entrance below the mountain to await the arrival of Di Jun, Lord Pua and the Celestial band.

________________________________________________

Fully dressed and ready, The Empress looked at her daughter with tears in her eyes.  Being the daughter of the Fox Clan, this marriage was the epitome of marriages as far as she was concerned, and to be marrying The Heavenly Lord, even more so.

But she wasn't seeing a Celestial Empress, when she looked at her daughter.  She saw a little girl running away from her fathers punishments time and time again.  She saw mischief, endless spankings, heated arguments and a little Nine Tailed Fox resting peacefully under their bed having drunk her fathers only bottle of thousand year wine.  

In front of her was the child who caused endless heartache with her pranks, naughtiness and outspokenness.  But she also saw the little girl who grew into the most beautiful woman she had ever laid eyes on.  She saw too, the growth in her spirit, her manner and actions from the many many years of learning under the man she was now about to marry.

Had he known back then she would be his wife?  she wondered to herself.  Had he taught her to be the woman he wanted for himself?  If so, he had done an excellent job, because as she looked at the young woman dressed in wedding attire and looking forward to what life would bring her next, she could not help but admire the enormous changes Mo Yuan had managed to achieve that they could not.

Gently pulling her into her arms, she embraced her warmly and tenderly.  For several seconds, the Empress held onto her before finally letting her go.

"You have grown into a beautiful young woman.  My only wish for you, is happiness.  Find happiness in even the smallest of things Qian Qian, because they too create a wealth of memories that you can draw on when times are difficult." she said softly as she then raised the veil and let it fall gently over her head.  

Already they could hear the sounds of Mo Yuans arrival, so quickly leading her out into the main den where an alter had been erected for her, she too went through the ritual of gratitude.

Through his own tears, Bai Zhi watched on as she completed the ritual, and like her mother, his thoughts too went back to a little girl who disappeared for three nights because of yet another misdemeanour.    

Having been caught cutting up the official Fox Clans Emperial Robe to create a dress in the style that the Mortal girls wore them, she had not only completely destroyed it, but it had been handed down through the generations and was in time to become hers on her Coronation.

Not only did she run away, but they could not find her for three days and nights.  Every single member of their clan was sent out to search for her because at just the tender age of 20,000 years, she was too young to take care of herself.  Eventually she was found asleep in a hut on Mount Junji surrounded by food, wine and warm bedding.

Not only did he lose his temper beyond reason, but she could have died.  The mountain was known as a meeting ground for the dark realms, it was a miracle they had not discovered her, because the entire mountain was crawling with their beasts.

Taking her home, not only was she spanked, but he had her chained to her bed for three days and three nights, before her mother had to rescue her.

Now looking down at her head as she lowered for the final bow, Bai Zhis tears slipped off his lashes as her mother lowered to help her to her feet.  The bridal party were almost at the entrance, so moving forward they all embraced her warmly before Mi Gu entered to inform them of Mo Yuans arrival.

Entering the den, Di Jun took the honor of claiming her hand and leading her out to the the richly carved and decorated sedan that Mo Yuan had commissioned to be made solely for her use, though it would in time be handed down through the generations.

But as the door closed and her mother took up the head of the returning party, Bai Qian laughed all the way to the Peach Tree woods, as the noise and gaiety of the band and singers reached her.   The trip from Qing Qiu to the Peach Tree woods took a mere Ten Minutes, and by the time they arrived, the first flares of a new dawn had began.  

One hundred guests congregated at the Little Rock Pool, and though many did not understand the significance of the venue, under a dawn sky which spread its yellow blue green and red hues all over them, it was a truly beautiful scene for a wedding.

But for Mo Yuan, being on the outside of the Rock pool, bowing to the heavens, he gave special thanks for the little girl who changed his life as well as hers.  His mind also went back to their very first meeting, and the moment she threw a rock at his head.  Never in a million years would he have thought the little girl with the sad eyes and naughty disposition would one day become his wife.  Every lesson he taught her, and every lesson she taught him flew through his mind as he lowered his head to accept her into his eternal life.

She too had gone back to their first meeting and every meeting afterwards.  She could not see the Lotus, but the deeply rich purple tone of its energy was flaring across the water towards them as they bowed low.  But her mind, could still hear his soft voice talking to her through the cascade.  She could hear his laughter, his stern warnings and even the disbelief in his tone whenever she uttered something stupid.

But it was as the memory of her examining her own breasts before exposing herself to him, that a small giggle escaped her.  Suddenly feeling Mo Yuans warm hand over her own before entwining his fingers with hers for the final bow, she stopped the giggling and tears took over.  

Every thought she had of him back then, were wiped from her mind, because she could not have been any more wrong.  Rather than being arrogant and self centered, he had always placed her first and foremost.  This was the true nature of the man, who had also continued to teach her through her trial to ascension.  For Mo Yuan, she vowed silently to the Heavens, that she would honour him in every way for the rest of her life.

Watching as the Bride and Groom bowed at the alter before Lord Pua who called out each bow, the guests then waited for the announcement of their union to be made before lightening rods were raised to the heavens and bursts of harmless energy were exploded above their heads marking the marriage of The Heavenly Father to The Queen of Qing Qiu.

Many womens hearts were broken that day, but neither Mo Yuan or Bai Qian knew about it and nor would they have cared, the happiness welling up within them overrode everything.  

Looking down at the beautiful full length, figure hugging dress which she wore under a full length open robe which was also in Vermilion and heavily embroidered with the Dragon and Phoenix motifs, Mo Yuans heart was near bursting.

But with the arrival of several Qing Qiu girls who would assist her mother in leading her back to his Celestial Chamber to complete the marriage ritual of consummation, Mo Yuan was then led back by Di Jun and Lord Pua after they had taken in a few cups of wine in order to give his new bride time to prepare herself for him.

By the time he arrived, not only was the banquet prepared and the rest of his guests present, Bai Qian too was ready for him.  Sitting on the edge of the bed which had been scattered with peach blossom petals and surrounded by her family, Mo Yuan was led to sit beside her.

The two goblets of wine that had been prepared for them, were then taken up and a small sip taken, though for Bai Qian this was a little difficult as she had to manage it under the veil, but once taken, the goblets were then pulled and the thin cord that connected them broken, signifying the end of their dependence on their families and the beginning of their own.

And it was here that their families and friends, left them alone to start their married life in private.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 680 12
ခပ်ဆိုးဆိုးကောင်ကလေးနဲ့ ရင့်ကျက်တဲ့မမ တို့ရဲ့အချစ်ဇာတ်လမ်းလေး.....
Tears Of Kai Yuan By Avigayil

Historical Fiction

75.6K 3.1K 35
Location: Ancient China Date: T'ang Dynasty During the most flourishing era in Ancient China, all seemed to be well for the people. The kingdom was g...
2.3K 154 15
It's a fanfic of Krishna and balraam and Relationship of Daau bhaiya urf Balraam, Vishu and Krishna. Vishu consider both of them her lovely brother...
589K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.