More than friends (A Harry St...

由 VinnyGirl123

The tale of Savannah Pond and Harry Styles along with lots of Grey’s Anatomy, dogs, and a very nosy Nick Grim... 更多

More than friends (A Harry Styles FanFic )
Chapter two
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty

Chapter three

286 7 1
由 VinnyGirl123

I woke up early next morning so that I had time to stop by my favorite cafe for breakfast before getting everything ready to take over to Nick’s. I was immediately greeted by the elderly owner, Norma, as I walked inside.

“Would you like your usual, dear?” she asked sweetly.

“That’d be lovely, thank you!” Norma had memorized my order by my tenth trip in here. I almost always got the same order, tea with milk and three sugars, unless it was December and she had her holiday flavors.

It was surprisingly nice out so I had chose to walk today. I had thrown on the first pair of dirty, broken in Converse I could find in my room along with some jean shorts and a plain, long sleeved white shirt. My hair was down at the moment, but I knew that once I got to cleaning out kennels I’d have it thrown up in a topknot before I was finished.

I hadn’t thought of Nick’s home check until I got into work and realized I was now going to have to take one of our work vans since I walked and there was no way I was walking all the way to Nick’s with the dog. So I loaded Ringo into the front seat of the van and took off.

When I arrived I put Ringo into the back part of the van in his crate with a bowl of water after giving him a treat. Protocol was for me to go around and check everything in Nick’s house first to make sure it was dog friendly and then bring him in. I knocked on the door and heard muffled shouting before it was yanked open and I was faced with Harry.

“Hi,” he dragged out slowly as his eyes fell down to my legs. They shot back up almost immediately after as if he hadn’t meant for them to look down in the first place.

“Hello.” He looked at me in a strange way that had me avoiding eye contact, instead I focused quickly on his hair which was tied up with a dark green scarf. I knew he could tell where I was staring and I didn’t want him to think I was being rude so I shot out, “I like your headband.”

Just then Nick appeared behind him and threw an arm around his shoulder ruffling Harry’s hair. “I bloody well hope you do, he’s been fussing with it all morning. He must like you, babe, because he’s washed his hair AND has put on his new scarf.”

I’m sure I was a real sight as I stood there in his doorway with my mouth falling open, my cheeks flaming and my eyes wide. I instantly felt like this wasn’t a good idea, my mouth clamped shut and I shook my hair out from behind my ear. I could feel my defenses go up, not feeling comfortable enough with them yet to banter like this.

“Jesus Nick, how about a little tact? We’ve just met the girl and you’re pulling this. How do you ever make new friends?” Harry scolded, although he was fighting laughter. “Hell, how did you ever get me to hang out with you in the first place?”

“That’s okay,” I mumbled, but they continued talking over me.

“To be fair, it’s you I was teasing, mister popstar,” Nick laughed.

“Ah yes, but you may wanna rethink who you’re having a go at. I have a copy from your mum of that video of you when you were 15 confessing your love for Pharrell.” Harry got about halfway through the threat before he couldn’t contain his laughter.

I actually found myself amused at their exchange and could feel my cheeks cooling down.

“Ok enough!” Nick yelled and turned to me. “Come on in babe, sorry we get a bit carried away sometimes.”

“S’alright,” I replied and I found that it really was, I felt strangely calmed down already.

Everything in Nick’s house was fine, I wasn’t surprised considering he already had a dog. The dog he already owned was an absolute sweetheart. Both the boys seemed surprised when Puppy took a liking to me, apparently he could be quite picky when it came to new people. When I looked up they were looking at me, Nick with surprise and pleasure. Harry though, I couldn't quite place the look he was giving me, it reminded me of the one my dad wore when he stared at my younger brother’s artwork.

“I’ve not met a dog that hasn’t liked me if I’m honest. Whenever we have a, erm, difficult dog at the shelter I’m always the one to train with them and get them settled.” I explained. “One of the reasons I, like, started doing this, I’ve got a way with dogs.”

“Looks like its not only dogs...” Nick sing-songed under his breath.

I cocked my head towards the side and before I could ask what he meant Harry asked, “So where’s Ringo?”

Nick shook his head but clapped. “Yes! Where is my new child?”

I went out to the car and put Ringo on a leash to bring inside. As soon as we were through the threshold he started to jump up and down at the sight of Nick so I let him off his leash right away. He ran over to his new owner, who was absolutely beaming. Hearing all the commotion Puppy made his way over and Nick wanted to take them into the backyard to get them acquainted.

Before I could make my way to follow behind him, a hand grazed my arm at the elbow. “Savannah, do you mind hanging back for a minute?” Harry reached his hand back and scratched at the back of his neck.

“Oh, um, sure…” I replied, feeling confused as to what he could possibly want from me.

“I just wanted to like apologize for the, uh, video. I mean, I’m assuming you’ve seen it?” He paused so I nodded slowly. “Yeah, I hope it didn’t like freak you out too badly. I kind of noticed when Nick had mentioned the girls outside you froze up a bit and like when you asked about the mobbing and everything.” I could tell he was genuinely concerned.

I was shocked to say the least, about him noticing, not at him being concerned. I thought I had a decent poker face and hadn’t realized my anxieties had been so obvious when I was with him. I had hoped to come off as casual when I asked him about it all.

“I’m kind of used to people reacting one way or another, so I’ve gotten quite good at figuring out people’s initial feelings towards it all.” He shrugged as he seemed to read my mind.

found myself feeling bad for Harry, it must feel awful to have your relationships with people be affected by something so outside your own control. Especially before a relationship can even begin.

“Uh no, no it’s okay. I mean, yeah it was a tad strange watching it, but like I’m totally fine.” And I realized I was. “Thanks for like, checking though.”

“‘Its the least I can do,” Harry figured and offered me a smile.

My brows furrowed at that and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued by 

Harry. He barely knew me from a stranger on the street, but he wanted to check that I was alright and he figured it was the least he could do? He owed me nothing at all, not a thing, there had been no negative backlash from the video yet he still thought he owed me anything.

Not that I pointed any of that out, instead I just nodded again and smiled lightly. With that over we started towards the backyard.

"So are you in uni or anything? Wait how old are you?" Harry asked.

"I'll be 22 in about a month and no, I’m not in uni right now." I chuckled. 

"How about you?"

"Oh," he seemed surprised that he was being asked this and I realized that it's probably a question most people already know the answer to. "I'm 22."

I nodded. I couldn’t stay for much longer, I just wanted to make sure that Ringo was settling in alright. Nick began asking me pretty general questions about myself, Harry quietly listening as he sat beside me. After about four questions though, I changed the subject so they wouldn’t be so focused on me. It was nice listening to two people, other than Ryan and Connor, banter back and forth. I looked up when I felt a few a drops and noticed the clouds in the sky had darkened. I sighed, realizing there was a good possibility I’d be stuck walking in the rain tonight.

Nick led us back inside and I explained I had to head back to the shelter now. I hesitated a second before asking, “Um, do either of you know if this is supposed to keep up?”

“Think so, love, why? Not a fan of the rain?” Nick asked.

“No, no I don’t mind it actually. It’s just that I walked to the shelter today since it was so nice this morning.” I disgruntledly replied, emphasizing the “was.”

“OI! I’ve got a great idea! How about we get something to eat together tonight! That way I can pop over to the shelter and pick you up and then just drop you off at yours when we’re done!” He was positively thrilled by the idea.

I took a deep breath in and tried to make myself remember the conversation I’d had with Dad the other day. I let out the breath when I replied. “Sure, yeah, as long as you’re sure you don’t mind?”

“Course not!” He turned to Harry who silently watched our exchange. “Got any plans Harry?”

He stared at me for a few seconds longer before looking over to Nick and beaming. “None at all, I’m in.”

I made my way towards the door and Nick opened up his hall closet to pull out an umbrella, before he could say anything Harry took it from his hands. “C’mon Savannah, I’ll walk you to the car.”

He had already started to shuffle me out the door as I was telling him he didn’t have to. “Nonsense. M'pleasure babe.” he smiled at me.

“Careful, no idea why but this sidewalk gets bloody slippery whenever it rains,” he warned.

I nodded and we proceeded to move slowly down the sidewalk, Harry keeping his hand hovering just over my lower back. Between having on shorts and the wind and rain, I could feel a significant difference in the temperature. Plus with Harry’s hand so close behind me I could actually feel the warmth radiating off it, it caused me to shiver.

Just as I was trying to focus on the warmth I could feel from him, I felt my foot slide out from underneath me. I braced myself for the impact of the cold ground, but instead I was encased by warmth. I opened my eyes to see Harry’s wide, brilliant green eyes looking down at me.

“Were you not even gonna try and stop yourself from falling?” He laughed and asked incredulously.

The umbrella had fallen from his grip and as I quickly got more wet I couldn’t stop my laughter either. “I guess not? Pretty awful reflexes I’ve got apparently.”

We stood up and continued to the van, but for the rest of the way he kept a hand fully on my back. I, usually, was not one for physical contact, especially if it wasn’t me that initiated it, but I found his large hand comforting as it led me.

“Well I guess that I’ll see you later for dinner, yeah?” He waited for my nod, almost as if he expected me to suddenly have an excuse. “Wicked. Sorry again about the video, Savannah.” He threw in at the end. I noticed that he didn't use my nickname like Nick did.

“Don’t worry Harry, really.” I reassured him, I could tell he was curiously hung up on the video and sincerely was sorry for it happening.

He nodded slowly, I wasn’t sure if it was more to me or himself. Then he reached behind me to open the van door so I could get in. I hoisted myself up and turned towards him to thank him right as he leaned in and left a quick peck to my cheek, surprising me.

“See you later, Savannah.” He had the faintest hint of a smile on his face as he shut the door and walked back to Nick’s, leaving me with my mouth hanging open. Chapter four

My flat was between Nick’s and the shelter so I stopped in really quick so that I could grab something to change into to go to dinner. I figured it’d only continue to cool down so I grabbed a simple pair of dark jeans along with a thin, dark green cardigan I could throw on over my shirt. I also swapped out my now soaking Converse for my pair of combat boots.

I’d have to remember to bring in an extra large of Lily’s favorite coffee when I saw her to thank her for the light workload. Other than Nick’s home check we only had two early afternoon appointments. Lily would be back early Saturday morning so Tony and I spent a good amount of the late afternoon cleaning things up a bit so we’d have less to worry about tomorrow.

It had just gone five when I heard the door open and Harry walked through.

“Hi! Nick is like a proper diva and was still finishing up getting ready, so I offered to come by to get you and he’ll meet us at the restaurant.” He said.

“Oh, alright. I’m just gonna go grab my cardi from the back.” He nodded as I started to the back.

Once we got into Harry’s car he began yet another “Spanish Inquisition,” as Nick had referred to it. I didn’t dare call it that though from fear of being quizzed like Nick. History wasn’t my strong suit.

“Are you from London?” He started with.

“No, I’m from Manchester. I moved here on my own about two years ago.” I began to speak a bit louder towards the end of my sentance realizing he had the radio on a decent volume. But then he reached forward to turn it down before replying.

“Oh really? I’m from Holmes Chapel!” That I actually had known, the village was less than an hour from where I lived and when he made it on XFactor it was obviously reported about. However, I didn’t point out that I already knew that. It seemed rude to me, to strip from him that normalcy of getting to tell someone about yourself.

He launched right into the next question, “Have you got any brothers or sisters?”

“I’ve got two brothers, yeah. Uh, Ryan is older by a year and then Connor is younger by two.” I nodded.

“Do you see either of them often? I mean being a few hours from home?” He looked over to me as he asked.

“Well Ryan still lives in Manchester, as does my dad, so not as much as I’d like. But I’ve seen a bit more of Connor because he just started in London at an art uni this year.” I bragged proudly. Connor was incredible, whether it was drawing, painting, or taking pictures he always impressed me.

“Oh that’s wicked. What’s he majoring in?” He asked, seeming genuinely curious.

“Well it’s his first year and he hasn’t quite decided yet. He’s pretty amazing at like any type of art, but I’m secretly rooting for him to choose painting.”

“You like paintings? Or just his paintings?”

“Well I wasn’t interested in it until he started really. But after I fell in love with some of his, I got more into it.” I explained to him briefly. It wasn’t like I was passionate about painting, I just enjoyed a stroll around an exhibit from time to time. “But he’s only just started, so time will tell I suppose.”

“My older sister graduated uni a couple years back and I’ve been selfishly trying to convince her to move up to London and get a job here so I can see more of her.” He offered.

“That’s sweet,” I felt a smile pull at my lips, “that you want her ‘round.”

“Have you noticed that I’m asking all the questions?” He suddenly brought up with a smirk.

“Huh?” I dumbly countered.

“Every question I’ve asked, you reply and then I offer up my own answer only for you to smile or nod or make a polite comment on. Then I’ve got to ask another question.” He smiled the whole time he explained this to me.

I paused for a second because I hadn’t thought it would be something he’d pick up on. But I was quickly finding out that Harry seemed to be quite observant.

“Well to be honest I figured that you had enough people around you that like pushed you for information.” I looked down at my hands as I fumbled with the rings I wore and continued. “I thought that I’d just like…let you offer up what you wanted to, didn’t want you to think I was like, prying.”

As I finished we pulled to a stop sign and I could feel Harry’s eyes on me, but he wasn’t saying anything. I peeked over to him quickly and found him just staring at me pensively, so I looked back down to my fingers. I thought what I was doing was a good thing, I didn’t want to seem like I was pushing him for gossip. I figured he’d be more comfortable even, if I let him choose what we spoke about. Then I jumped a foot in my seat as someone behind us honked and Harry seemed to snap out of it and started up driving again.

We were quiet for a few more minutes before Harry broke the silence.

“Thank you.” He said quietly as he looked out the front windshield. My body relaxed and I let out a breath. I didn’t think it really required a reply, but he looked over to me and this time I met his eyes.

“‘S the least I can do.” Remembering the way he had answered me when I thanked him for checking on me after the video.

He grinned slowly and we arrived to the restaurant.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

44.8K 1.3K 27
"Y-you saved me." "From what?" "You saved me from myself." © 2013, StylesMyth
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
4.7K 91 25
this is a continuation of a another story there username is alishadawolf credits to her the story name is the same (just replace he gender neutral re...
1.8M 113K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...