Chapter eleven

I could hear my phone ringing loudly by my bedside and the only thought running through my mind was, “Who hates me this much?” I couldn’t fathom who would need to wake me up on my day off at such an ungodly hour. I slowly allowed my eyes to pry themselves open and I peaked over at my screen. 

Harry Calling…

I should have known. I groaned loudly and clicked my phone to answer the call. 

“What do you want, Styles?” I asked in my harshest tone, which wasn’t very good considering I was fighting a yawn. 

“Get up, Pond. We’re going to the radio.” He responded, sounding much too chipper for 7 AM. 

“Today? Why does it have to be today?” I whined. I had been promising Nick for the past few days that I’d come by and listen to the show at Radio 1, but I wasn’t thinking my day off. I had planned on sleeping in until at least 10. 

“‘Cause it’s your day off! We’re going to eat breakfast, then go to meet Nick and then go to the park after! With Puppy, Gizmo, and Ringo!” He sounded positively elated at the idea. I had to admit it did sound like a nice day. 

“Well listen to you, planning my whole day aren’t you?” I didn’t mind really. If it wasn’t for Harry I’d probably spend my whole day off on the couch with Gizmo. 

“Shit, I kind of am aren’t I? You don’t have to, obviously. I just thought that like-” 

“Harry! Harry, I was just teasing, that sounds lovely.” I giggled while I cut him off. He had been doing that a lot lately, the rambling. It was cute to see him so flustered every now and then. But I wasn’t sure what had gotten into him. 

“Oh okay, wicked.”

“Want me to meet you at yours?” I offered.

“No!” He answered quickly and with such vigor that it startled me. “I mean no, that’s okay. I’ll come to yours.”

“Okay…what do you want to do for breakfast? I could make something or we could go to a cafe or something?” I asked, purposely leaving out the option of Starbucks.

“I’m up for going out, if you are.” 

“Alright, there’s a place near me we can go to if you’d like.” 

“Sounds good, send me the address and I can just meet you there.”

We hung up and I texted him like he requested and I began to get ready. 

I had on leggings and a plain white vest top and decided that I would just keep them on. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and threw on a baseball cap, not being bothered to do anything special to my hair at this hour. Only the bare minimum of make up was happening too, foundation and mascara, I mean it was 7 AM for Christ’s sake. I also grabbed my thin, thigh length, army green jacket since it’d no doubt be too cool for only a vest top. I pulled on my black converse and was out the door.