I wish I could

By simran_chawla

Iโ€™m a simple girl with simple dreams but I wish I had a simple life. From being sexually harassed at the tend... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Important Author's Note!!!
Chapter 16

Chapter 15

120 7 4
By simran_chawla

[Song of the chapter is 'Kiss me Slowly' by parachute. I hope you all will enjoy it :D]

Liam slept with his arms wrapped tightly around me and it took me more than fifteen minutes to get out of his tight grip over my waist without waking him up.

He looks like an innocent five year old when he sleeps. So calm and beautiful. And I could just sit there at that time and admire him like that.

But, seconds later, the thought of Harry eloping to L.A. crossed my mind and I immediately took my phone, went to the other room and dialled his number, hoping that he would answer it this time and thankfully he did.

“What happened Zara?” He immediately blurted after picking up the phone.

“What happened? What are you talking about, Harry? I should be the one asking you that question. What happened? Why did you go to L.A. suddenly without informing anyone out here?” I responded trying to keep my tone as low as possible as I didn’t want Liam to wake up.

“First you tell me what happened. I just saw Liam’s weird tweet which he apparently tweeted a few hours ago.”

“Tweet? What tweet?” I cut him.

“He tweeted this. Wait a sec. Yeah, so it’s here: Extreme Excitement, Sadness, then a little bit of happiness. And this was followed by a confused smiley. So tell me. What is this about? He proposed you last night right? So what reply you gave to make him tweet this shit?” He asked.

I took a deep sigh. So Liam had tweeted that after he left me in the morning that day. That was what he was talking about, to Louis too.

“Zara, you still there?” Harry interrupted my thoughts.

“Umm......Yeah.” I replied.

“So tell me what happened. Liam is not a kind of a person to tweet confusing things like this. What did you say to him?”

“I.....I said No.” I said.

“Really?......I mean, What?” and he got me confused with this reply of his.

It sounded like he was glad that I said No but he tried to cover that up immediately by expressing shock.

Harry always confuses me with most of the things he says. It’s really very hard to guess what he’s thinking when he’s saying something. He was my one of my best friends but still it was really hard for me to understand him. And like every time, he confused me again.

 “You’re happy that I declined Liam’s proposal? Because you sound like that.” I spoke it all straight thinking that there should be no secrets or misunderstandings between best friends.

“No, I was kind of.....you know, it’s weird that you declined his proposal despite the fact that you love him. But why? Don’t you want to get married to him?” He asked and my thoughts about his reaction relaxed a little.

Maybe he was like this only. Himself CONFUSED. And sometimes idiotic too. But He is a person who could be at his serious best when required and also at his funniest and immature best as and when required. That was a great thing about him.

“Yes, I do want that to happen someday. But not now. And now can we please leave this topic? And you have to tell me what are you upset about which made you to suddenly board the flight to L.A. when you clearly knew that Liam was going to propose me in a day or two. Now tell me.”

“It’s nothing like that. I was not upset. I just came here to chill before the tour. That’s it.”

“Liar! Louis also told me that you were upset over something and I had also felt that when you didn’t call me or text me for five straight days. And then, you didn’t even care to tell anyone except Louis that you were going to L.A. Okay, let’s just leave this also. But you knew Liam was going to propose me and being my best mate, couldn’t you just stay here to witness this huge day of mine? And your phone was also off. What does this all mean, Harry?” I scolded him.

“Oh, can you please shut the f**k up, Zara? You’re not my girlfriend, right? So you’ve got no right to ask me or scold me for what I do and where I go. Talk to Liam like that but not with me, okay?”

“Where did Liam come from? I’m asking about you and not Liam. What’s wrong, Harry? You’ve got to tell me.” I asked.

“I didn’t bring Liam in the conversation, you did. Why do you always have to talk about him or things related to him. This time also, you’re talking to me, about me but Liam’s still there in the conversation. Can you please get some sense knocked into your head and Liam knocked OUT of your head for a while? Please. I would really appreciate that.” He barked.

I listened and got more surprised by the sudden change of his tone. And of course, the words he used for me. I had not said anything which was supposed to receive that kind of a reaction and this made me furious.

“What the hell is wrong with you? I was worried about you and I’m just simply asking you a few things about YOU only but you....... are simply a jerk. I don’t know what problems you’ve got with Liam now. So you can go to hell and I don’t even care even if you don’t return on time for your conference. Because I know you like all the things f**ked up and I guess that’s what you had been planning to do while sitting there in L.A.” I said. “And do not talk to me ever again. Bloody Moron!”  And I didn’t even give him time to answer before hanging up.

He called back many times after that but I didn’t answer.

And the rest of my day passed thinking and cursing him for talking to me like that while Liam slept peacefully on my bed.

When I was finally tired of thinking about him, I decided to prepare dinner.

But the frustration continued and I took it all out on the vegetables, chopping them harshly. While I was busy taking out my anger on the poor vegetables, Liam woke up and entered the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

“Why are you always found in the kitchen? And what are you doing by the way?” He asked in his sleepy tone while I continued with my work, paying no attention to his question.

And he decided to continue with his questions.

“Why didn’t you wake me up? It’s so late already.”

“Are you making dinner? What are you making?”

“Oh my God Zara, why are you chopping the veggies like that? If you don’t want to make dinner, we’ll order something.” He asked and I turned furiously to him.

“Can you just please stop irritating me? I’ve already had enough for today.” I spoke giving him a warning with the knife in my hand pointing to him.

“Okay, okay. I’m not going to saying anything now. But first keep this down.” He said as he took the knife from my hand and kept it down on the slab.

I took a deep sigh regretting the fact that I yelled at Liam for no reason, and because of that idiot Harry who enjoys nothing but my irritation.

“What happened?” He asked softly.

“Nothing.” I answered.” But I’m not talking to Harry from now on.”

“I think I’m hearing that for a hundredth time now.” He chuckled.

“But this time it’s final. He is simply a fool. A moron, I tell you. He’s just.....”

“Shshshhhhh......” Liam cut me and handed me a glass of water. “Calm down and Drink this.”

I drank the water and immediately felt a little better. It’s weird what amazing wonders just a glass of water from your loved one can do. It soothes all your nerves immediately when you drink it while looking into someone’s eyes.

“So now tell me what did he say this time to make you fume like this?” He asked.

“I was just simply asking him why did he went to L.A. suddenly and what had happened and he lied that everything was fine. So I asked him to stop lying and tell me straight away why he was upset as Louis also told me that he was really upset over something. But he got mad and told me that I’m your girlfriend and not his, so I should not ask him any questions and he is not answerable to me. And that I should get some sense knocked into my head and you, knocked out of head. I mean, what the hell is wrong with him?” 

Listening to all this, he smiled.

“You knew he was upset, right?” He asked.

“Yeah, I did and that’s why I was worried about him.” I replied.

“So why don’t you understand that he spoke all this just because he was upset over something. People speak things which they don’t mean when there’s something constantly nagging them in the back of their minds. He must have been flustered over something and it lead him agitating you also. Simple.”

He had got it right. He seriously knows Harry more than me. Of course, why wouldn’t he. He had now known him from seven years while I knew him for two only.

“I didn’t.......think about that.” I confessed.

“And you burned almost half of your calories, boiling your blood without any good reason. But it saves you from a day of workout, I guess.” He sneered and I smiled.

“I got that smile finally!” He said and hugged me.

“I’m so dumb and you are too smart for me.” I said resting my head on his shoulder while our arms entwined our bodies.

“You’re not dumb. You’re just too emotional, that you get carried away with your emotion really fast which doesn’t give you time to think clearly and logically.”

“Wow, I got to hear a new definition of being dumb today. Has anyone ever told you that you could be a really successful psychologist or something because you’re way too good in these things.”

“Only when I have you as my ONLY patient. Coz I’m good with solving all YOUR problems only.” He laughed.

“So, Am I the only one who’s got issues amongst the people around you?”

“No. But I am the only one who can solve your issues. And I’m proud of it.” He said in a proud tone. “So, are we really going to have dinner tonight? Because it’s nine already.”

“Nine?” I asked and pulled away from that tight hug which lasted for what felt like twenty-thirty minutes.

I knew this weakness of mine. I always used to lose track of time whenever I used to over-think about anything.

And this time, Harry was the one to blame. He was certainly disturbed and I really wanted to make him feel better. Calling him again was the only option but then my ego was coming in way.

Then I finally decided to let go of him from my thoughts.

“I don’t want to make dinner. Can we order something please?” I twisted my face as I asked Liam.

“Sure, I’ll do that right away.” He smiled and took his phone out of his pocket to place our order.

We both had a peaceful dinner and then we both sat on the couch talking about our childhood, past memories and experiences.

And the whole of the night passed with each of us sharing the details which we had never told each other. Most of the things came out from me because I had never been so open with Liam about my past before that night. I was finally opening to him to a level which had not been accessible to anyone else, not even Steve. I was showing him my strengths and weaknesses. I was finally becoming an open book to him and I allowed him to turn the pages of that book as he liked. I showed him the pages that would hurt the most if he ever ripped them apart. But there was a strong trust, which I had on him that he would never ever do anything to hurt me.

Our relationship was strange but we both were working to make it normal now.

We were now working on the small things which are required to build a strong relationship. It was funny because even though I had never shared my feelings that much with him before, somehow Liam seemed to know and understand everything. And he indeed thought of marrying me!

Anyone who would have observed us carefully would have found our relationship perplexed than ever before, but that was how it was.

Confusing, Strange but Real! We both loved each other madly. And even though I tried to keep my feelings as hidden as possible, he knew the technique to get it all out of me. He made me learn how to show my love to him. He made me respect my feelings and my own self.

His love was like the sunshine, slowly warming my soul until it burned me to a crisp.

My love was like the moonlight, usually hidden, but on the right night, showered on him in full glow.

I don’t know where I had read these lines but they seemed to fit in so rightly in our case.

He was indeed a ray of hope and light in my life but I was afraid. Afraid of the unknown. Afraid of what future may bring to him because of me.

Happiness had never been a constant in my life. And now, since my happiness was directly linked to his happiness, all my fears started haunting me more than ever. But only time was supposed to have the answer of all my doubts and fears.

 ~~Sorry once again for the late update :( But I don't get many votes and comments now which makes me sad and then I don't feel like writing. But I'll surely try to update as soon as I can! So please, please vote and comment what you think of this chapter and the story! Also there is an important author's note after this chapter as I wanted to know something from you guys, so please make sure that you comment your views there also. And thankyou all so much for reading xx ~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 9.5K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
760K 17.2K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
135K 2.7K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...