Bungou Stray Dogs - The Mafia

By randomwriter246

Aiya is a typical college student until she finds herself being chased by two well known groups of supernatur... More

Information
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Unknown Territory
Chapter 3 - Powers?

Chapter 4 - Hiding the Truth

502 14 3
By randomwriter246

Dazai's POV:

"What was the point of proving to me that you guys have powers?" Aiya asks with a confused look on her face.

I look at Chuya and declare, "Well, we wanted to tell you that—"

RING RING RING

I stop midsentence and look at my phone. Noticing that Mori is calling I step outside to answer the call. "Dazai, have you told the girl that she has powers?" he questions with an anxious voice.

"No boss not yet, but we—"

"Good don't. For now, I want you to tell her that she is simply being protected from The Guild, and will be used here for her fighting abilities. If her ability does not resurface I do not want to run into issues. The doctor that was looking over her wounds when she was unconsious just gave me the report on her and agreed this would be best."

"Understood boss."

"Dazai...make up anything you must to get her to stay," Mori orders with a faint plead and hangs up.

Why did he sound so concerned for Aiya? I'll have to ask him for more details later.

As I enter the training room I immedietly exclaim, "Aiya, we told you this just to keep you aware of how much power we have. Our goal was to discourage you from running away again. Right Chuya?" I send glances at Chuya, hoping he gets the idea.

Chuya gives me a confused look, but slowly nods his head, "Yep, that's right, better not try it again."

"That's it? But that doesn't explain why I am here," Aiya questions.

"Haha we'll get to that soon. Chuya can I talk to you for a second outside?" I state while scratching the back of my head. Chuya nods and we both walk into the hallway. I explain to him everything that Mori told me in a hushed voice.

"Hmph. Very well. I suppose that could be an issue but I'm sure her abilities will resurface; I can sense some power radiating off of her. Don't you Dazai?" Chuya carefully comments.

"Yes, I do but the after effects of interupting her powers yesterday are not down to a science. So it is impossible to tell what will happen."

"Alright, you go tell her what Boss said then. I have to go check on some things," Chuya states with a perplexed look on his face.

Aiya's POV:

Once the two guys finish their chat, Dazai enters the room alone. He opens his mouth as if he wants to say something, but closes it soon after. I stare at him with confusion and after a couple of seconds he begins, choosing his words carefully, "Aiya, do you remember anything from yesterday?"

"Yeah, I remember it all. I was fighting you guys and then you must've used your powers or whatever to knock me out. Also there was that girl that was following me."

I see relief in Dazai's eyes and ask, "Why?" Why do you look so relieved Dazai.

"That girl that you met yesterday, had you ever met or seen her before then?"

"No, but do you know why she was chasing me?"

Dazai walks closer to me and grabs my shoulders. "Listen Aiya, that girl, she was sent from The Guild. They are an organization that also has people with supernatural abilites and for some reason they are after you," he says while looking straight in my eyes.

"But why are they after me. You have to know at least that much," I ask, searching his face for answers.

Dazai lets go of me and turns away. "They are probably after you because they see a lot of potential in your fighting abilities. That's our guess at least."

"That doesn't make sense though, if they have abilities why would they need my help."

"Tell me, do you think that our group runs entirely on gifted individuals? You don't need to be gifted to be wanted by either of our groups, but whatever the reason, we are going to keep you away from them," Dazai states in a slightly irritated tone.

"Ohhh and please do tell why you are doing that. I know it's not out of concern or kindness," I bitterly retort with anger building up inside of me at his tone.

"You're right. It most definitley is not out of kindness. But let me ask you something Aiya." Why are you changing the subject? "Did it ever come across your mind that The Guild or even we would use your family to get you to join us?"

Seething with anger I reply, "If you are imply what I think you are—"

"No do not misunderstand, we won't resort to such mesures, we are not that desperate. The Guild, however, has been known to do such things. But let's make a deal Aiya. You work with us, and in return we will protect your family from any attacks by The Guild."

"Let's say eveything you just told me isn't a lie. How will I know if you are keeping your part of the bargain?"

"Cameras. We will set up cameras around your house and constantly track your family to show proof of our protection that way. You can check them whenever you wish."

If he is telling the truth, his propsal does not sound like a bad deal. But something doesn't add up. If they aren't desperate, why are they willing to waste more energy and resources to protect my family as opposed to using them agaisnt me. Using my family agaisnt me would be the quickest most efficent option. If my family is in danger though maybe it's best to go with the deal. Then again, what if he is lying about how despicable The Guild is and they would've been the safer option.

Dazai must have noticed my head spinning with options and carefully states, "I'll let you think it over for a bit, but I'll get the survellience set up immedietly so there is proof. For now I'll bring you back to your room so you can think it out."

"Oh ok, thanks," I slowly reply as I begin following Dazai back through the mansion. I carefully make my way back up the staircase and follow Dazai back to the room I woke up in.

When we get to my door and Dazai turns to leave, he pauses for a second and blurts, "Listen, Aiya...I know this is a tough decision and you probably will have more questions later before you make your choice, so just know that I'll be here to answer any questions you have. My room is a floor above this one so you can find me if you need me. I'll be waiting." As he speaks, I search his face for gestures to convince myself that he is the enemy. But to my surprise I find none. Rather I see an earnest, concerned face peering back into mine. 

As I peer back into his face I realize that I had never really paid attention to his eyepatch until now. I wonder what happened to his eye. I'll have to ask him someday. 

I must've been staring too much because Dazai slightly backs away from me. I stutter, "Ahh yes sorry! Th...Thank you Dazai, I'll see you soon." 

I close the door to the room and walk to huge bed in the center of the room. I pick myself up and lean my back against the pillows. With my head in my hands I sit and think. What do I do? I've already run through some of the concerns in my head, but I need to be cautious.

Maybe if I rest my eyes for a couple minutes my head will clear. I slowly close my eyelids...

"Aiya, you've been sleeping all day wake up!" I hear a voice call out. "C'mon sis you're sleeping the day away!" 

I slowly open my eyes open and groan, "Yeah, yeah I know I have to make a choice soon..." Wait...did that voice just say sis? I jump out of bed and rub my eyes clean. I look down and see my little brother Nao. "NAO?!?" I rush to my baby brother and pick him up and cradle him in my arms. "Is that really you???"

"Of course it's me silly! You must've slept too long sis...I know you are on break, but you really shouldn't sleep so much..." 

I hug Nao to my chest and breathe a sign of relief. 

"Ewww sis what are you doing? Put me down!" 

"Just give me a second kiddo," I happily whisper, hugging his closer to me. 

"You're acting funny...Anyway I came up to get you because it is time to come down!" I glance at my clock that reads 8 pm. 

"Hey Nao? How long have I been sleeping?" I question as I gently set him down.

"I'm not sure, sis. Since you got back from the store I think. But who cares?Just come down already! You remember what today is don't you?"

"Today is...?"

"It's New Year's Eve! We have the party! Now hurry up, I'll see you downstairs!" he exclaims as he rushes out the door.

"What's going on??? I'm back to where I was before I got kidnapped? That couldn't have been a dream. It felt too real," I silently whisper to myself. I walk to the mirror in my room and notice I'm wearing the same floral dress as I was the day of the party. I slap my cheeks to wake myself up. "I have to check if this is real though!" I declare as I run downstairs. 

As soon as I reach the staircase I peek downstairs and see the house bustling with relatives. I smile to myself and make my way down the stairs. I instantly spot my parents in the crowd and make my way towards him.

"MOM! DAD! I missed you!" I yell, running into their arms as soon as I meet them.

"Woah there! What's with all the excitement?" my mom asks.

"Sorry I made you do all that running around Pumpkin" my dad leans in a whispers to me so my mom can't hear. 

"It's fine Dad but next time let's start shopping earlier," I sigh. "By the way where is Takashi?" The rest are all safe. He is the only one I haven't seen yet. 

"He was in the backyard the last time I saw him. If you see him tell him a coworker was looking for him."

"Sure thing Mom!" I exclaim as I walk towards the backyard. When the backyard is in sight and I see Takashi I realize that I didn't ask for the name of the coworker who was looking for him. "Well, I'm sure they'll find each other eventually," I shrug to myself. 

As soon as Takashi makes eye contact with me he breaks out into a smile and beckons me to come sit next to him. I smile back at Takashi and nod my head. As soon as I step out into the backyard, I hear a scream. 

"AHHHH AIYA IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!!!!" I look towards the sound of the voice and realize it's just my Aunty. "I remember when you were just a wittle little baby! My you are all grown up now! Dear we must catch up!"

"Haha Aunt Akane! It has only been a week...How have you been?" I force out in my most enthusiastic voice, teeth gritted. I just wanted to check on Takashi and this is what I got instead. I continue the small talk and glance over at my brother who is acting as mature as ever... I send a glare in his direction but he doesn't seem to notice while he is doubled over in laughter at my predicament. What a great role model he is, I think as I look down. I can't blame him though. Aunt Akane is known for acting like this everytime we see her, I would be doing the same if he was in my place. 

Determined to end the conversation, I glance at Takashi and motion him to help. However, when I spot my brother he is no longer smiling. He is looking in my direction, but all his previous emotions have been wiped away and replaced with another. Fear. 

From the corner of my eye I notice bright red braids flash through the crowd running toward my brother. I push my Aunt out of the way and run towards Takashi, but while I'm still several yards away from him I see Lucy in front of my brother blocking my view of him. I let out a scream telling her to get away. But I'm too late. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 19.1K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
665K 33.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
961K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.