A Million Dreams

By ILoveplayReherseal

Éponine Thénardier, a poor girl who seems to have nothing to live for. Her father beats her close to death a... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1: The Charade
Chapter 2: Understand
Chapter 3. Enjolras's Story
Chapter 4. Gone
Chapter 5. Love is a Curse
Chapter 6. A Million Dreams
Chapter 7. Friends.. with Beneifts
Chapter 8. A Heart Full of Love
Chapter 9. DRuNk
Chapter 10. Hungover
11. Marius flirts with other women and Éponine breaks into Enjolras's house.
Ch.12 Meeting Euphraise
Ch 13. The Rally
Ch 14. 'Madame Enjolras'
Ch 15. Look, this became Spring Awakening!
Ch 16. A Turn of Events
Ch 17. Memory
Ch 18. The Marble Man's Downfall
Ch 19. "I Remember More Than you Think!"
Ch 20. Guess who's drunk? Drunk again?
Ch 21. Surprise
Ch 22. Marie and Luthien
Ch 23. A Girls and Grantaire Lunch
Ch 25. I love you
Ch 26. "For the Greatest Love Story never told."
Ch 27. The End Nears
Ch 28. Hell
Ch 29. "She's a Fighter."
Ch 30. 'Ponnie's Point of View
Ch 31. Every Person You Ever Lost
Ch 32. Drink With Me
Ch 33. The End

Ch 24. Henry

184 5 2
By ILoveplayReherseal

   Enjolras didn't  expect to see Éponine seated with everyone when he arrived. He and Marius managed to sneak in three pistols each, one pound of gun powder, and a bunch of bullets. So when he walked in, Marius holding all of the weapon, and him holding a little diamond ring, he didn't expect to see Éponine. "Do you think Éppy will like it?" He asked when he walked in. Everyone's attention turned to him, including Éponine's.

  "I don't know, will I?" She asked, a smirk dancing on her lips. Enjolras paled, taking three pistols from Marius as he placed the ring, well rings, into his waistcoat pocket. She laughed at Enjolras's Stone expression.

  "What are you doing here, Eppy?" He asked, placing the pistols onto a cleared table. "You really shouldn't be here." Enjolras crossed his arms, standing in front of Éponine. Her hands were folded on her lap, and her eyes burned into his backs he walked to the back of the room, his footsteps loud. "Combeferre, Joly, any update?"

  "The General is getting worse." Joly said, as he put the pistols from Enjolras into a small pile. Each table in the  Café Musain was filled with some kind of weaponry. Knives, pistols, guns, swords, gun powder, and ammunition. "He might not make it the next week or two." Silence fell over the Les Amis, and Éponine clenched a fist. Her face paled, even though she knew of this information before hand.

  Enjolras sighed, running a hand through his golden locks. "We must be prepared for everything. We don't know how many people are willing to fight with us at the Barricade, we only know of the people who support us." He picked up a sword, the one Les Amis knew well. Enjolras got the sword for his sixteenth birthday, which was obviously a weird birthday gift in Éponine's opinion.

  "Not true. About fifty five people signed the paper, volunteering for the Barricade."

"But doesn't the National Guard have about, I don't know? A thousand men?" Grantaire asked, sipping from a bottle.

  "Grant!" Éponine scolded, slapping his arm. Her friend shrugged, muttering a small apology.

  "Let me stress drink in peace. I've been What? A month sober, good enough for me." He said before taking another large gulp from the bottle of wine. It was as if he was reunited with his old lover, which was a strange comparison. (A/N According to the Wiki, Grantaire is 29 years old, like wtf you oldie.) Éponine sighed, before her eyes landed on Marius. "Oh, wait Ep-"

  "Marius, you ass!" She said. Marius turned around, his face flushing. "You are a stupid ass, did you know that?" Enjolras looked up from the speech he was writing as he heard Éponine start yelling at Marius.

  "This will be fun." Courfeyrac said, his eyes bright. "Ponnie would never stand up to Marius when she said she liked him, but now? Oh that poor Pontmercy will meet a fate worse than hell." Enjolras tried to go back to writing. His feathered pen dipped into the ink, some black spots scattering.

  "What did I do?" Marius asked, meekly.

  "You called Cosette 'ugly'."

  Marius gasped. "I would never do that to my beauty! Why are you falsely accusing me of such a sin?"

  "You would never do such a thing now, but you didn't say anything about then. Cosette remembers meeting you prior, when her and her father were moving place to place. She was a little girl with stringy blonde hair but vibrant blue eyes."

  "Oh, you mean the one at Luxembourg Gardens? That girl is not Cosette. She always looked so awkward in her corset and dress and her hair was always so thin and looked weak."

"That was Cosette, you idiot!" Éponine said, slapping him. A loud crack was heard through the café, notifying everyone of the violent gesture. "Remember how, oh I don't know, she used to live with me. And my 'family'?" Enjolras sighed, gently placing his quill into the ink bottle. His chair scrapped against the hollow ground as he pushed back, rushing to prevent the murder of Marius Pontmercy.

  "Éppy, sit down, you'll get swellings in your ankles." He said, trying to come up with the best excuse for her to sit.

"I'm fine Enjy, shut up." She snapped, not responding to his gentle touch on her shoulder. "You see her once and declare your love, you declare your love because of her beauty. But when you met prior, she didn't have the beauty she has now, so you ignored her. And now you both love each other, but was it a pretty, rich face that made you realize of this admiration?" She asked, fists curling at her side. Even with the long ruffled sleeve, her fists were still visible.

  "Éppy, wait-"

"Enjy, no."

  "Éponine." Enjolras said, gently taking both of her hands. He was in front of her now, his back facing Enjolras. Éponine's glare was looking over Enjolras's shoulder to the fretful Marius. Even in her angered state, Enjolras couldn't help but admire her. A girl who she loathed was hurt in the same way she was, by the same boy, and she was trying to create a friendship with the girl. Marius broke Éponine's heart, and everyone saw it happened. Everyone except for Marius.

"I don't understand, 'Ponnie, why do you keep on throwing yourself at Pontmercy?" Jehan asked, braiding Éponine's hair. "It seems futile."

"I don't know." She admitted, looking down at her hands in her lap. "I feel so stupid. But I can't help but keeping going for him, and only him." Enjolras heard Éponine's words.

  "And I can't help but keeping going for you, and only you." He muttered to himself.

  "You okay, Enj?" Combeferre asked, going through an old plan for the rebellion. Enjorlas nodded.

  "Why would anything be wrong?"

   The bell dinged at the Café door. "Marius, you're late. Grantaire! Put the bottle down!" Enjorlas said. Grantaire smirked, sloppily and put the bottle down, only to raise a shot glass. Combeferre sighed. Éponine seemed to frown upon Marius's  entrance.

  "Oh, Enjorlas! You should have seen her. Her golden hair was like sun beams, and her blue eyes was like a clear sky. Her smile lit up my world, oh how I wish I could met her... 'Ponnie? Did you find her yet?"

  Éponine weakly smiled, undoing the braid Jehan did. She held a small flower in her hand, a rose. "Not yet, Monsieur. But I'll get too it." Her eyes looked desperate for Marius's attention. Marius beamed and when he turned around, the Rose fell from Éponine's hand as her foot came down to crush the petals. Her eyes looked broken, and filled with a sudden sadness. The way her bottom lip poured out ever so slightly. The bags were dark beneath her brilliant eyes, the brilliant eyes that seemed to be reflecting her shattered heart.

  No one else seemed to take notice of her bittersweet action, but like always, Enjolras did. He looked at Éponine, and his friend just sighed.

  "He made you look for the girl he is fancying?" Enjolras  asked, silencing the Musain. He hasn't realized he said it aloud. Éponine's face darkened, as she looked down. Enjolras  cleared his throat. "Anyway, Marius, we must get down to business. As always, who cares about your lonely soul, we strive towards a goal that is large than life itself! We simply shouldn't dally on some school boy's affections." Éponine cracked a small smile, and if Enjolras was being honest, he almost did too. Just because he saw her smile.

  He looked at Éponine again. Her hair was longer now, ending in a curl at her stomach or the small of her back. Her curls were full of much more life, and her cheeks were pink. She no longer had  those dark bags beneath her eyes and looked so... alive. Her eyes were full with such determination and anger that Enjolras understood. "Éponine." He managed to breathe out again. He hadn't used her full name since he first met her. He only called her 'Éponine' once.

   The ghost of a playful smile danced on her lips, but her face remained in the expression of a scowl. "Yes, Gabriel?" She asked. He kept his stone expression on, trying to keep it up for the sake of the meeting.

  "Ok, what the hell is happening right now?" Courfeyrac asked, louder than he anticipated. Combeferre just laughed at his friend, pushing him off the chair. "What! I mean they are using their actual names!"

  "We have a meeting going on, would you please not kill one of our fighters for the Barricade before the Barricade even rises?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Éponine's glare was still tracked on Marius. The poor boy managed to regain his train of thought, and dignity.

  "'Ponnie, I promise to apologize to Cosette." Marius said, trying to keep his voice calm. Marius was such a wimp sometimes. Enjolras looked into Éponine's eyes, trying to find some part of her that would just agree and sit down. Her hand clenched into a fist at her side, the other one going to her stomach.

  "Éppy? Are you ok?" Enjolras asked, pulling a chair for Éponine up. A miscarriage? Oh he prayed to whatever god that that wouldn't happen. He wondered if the mother could die in a miscarriage to. "Éppy?"

  Éponine was beaming up at him, a wide smile on her face. It as if all of her anger towards Marius disappeared. She began giggling, a strange sound for anyone to hear from Éponine. Of course, Enjolras  heard it like a little bell. "Come on," She said, taking Enjolras's hand and leading it towards her growing stomach. He felt a little kick.

  "Oh my god." Grantaire said. "The Marble Man smiles!" The Café erupted in a mocking applause as Grantaire, Who was now zero days sober, bowed.

  "Oh my god, that's our baby, that's our baby." Enjolras muttered as he felt the Baby kick again. "Can we please name her 'Patria'? " He asked with pleading eyes. Éponine laughed.

  "How do you know it's a She?" Éponine asked. "Your mother thinks it's a boy, if I recall correctly." Enjolras chuckled, feeling the fetus kick once more. "What would we name him?"

  "Henry is a nice name."

  "Yeah, I like that. And why do I feel like we had this conversation before?"

  "We probably did."

  They laughed. "I'm going to go find Cosette and make it up to her!" Marius declared, racing out of the Musain to find his oh one true love. Éponine and Enjolras chuckled once more.

  "Oh, and, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier today." Éponine said, holding his hand that was placed on her stomach. He shook his head.

  "No, it's ok. You have every right to yell at me." He whispered. He looked up at her, smiling weakly. She just laughed as she pulled him into a hug.

  "Let's do it. Right now, let's get married right now."

"But-I don't even have the rings-"

  "I know you do, I was here when you walked in Remember?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 223 28
In the autumn of 1831, Cosette and Sybill Fauchelevent arrive with their father to a quiet house in the quiet French town of Saint-Michele. Both of...
339 22 10
When Marius falls in love with Cosette, Eponine feels bad for him because she knows that the girl doesn't like him back. When Cosette sees Marius for...
968 70 14
Cosette and Eponine come from very different worlds, but when fate brings them together, they discover they have more in common then they thought. W...
2.1K 75 10
Have you ever wondered what would have happened if their revolution actually worked? Well then read this story. Enjolras is trying to lead a revoluti...