Ch 30. 'Ponnie's Point of View

A/N This is the previous chapter from Éponine's point of view, so it ends with the same hangar of the cliff

Éponine's hand brushed against the soft fabric of the little brown coat. She couldn't even remember the last time she wore it. Madame Davidson frowned when she was helping Éponine get fitted for the clothes, and when she wrapped the fabric around her chest.

"I don't know why you are doing this." The older women said, sighing. "The Barricade is dangerous, Éponine. What about the baby?"

"You remember that horrid guest, Hélène? You remember the story of Marie and Adrian, right?" Madame Davidson nodded, as she carefully placed the hat onto Éponine's Head. "Her lover was killed by the National Guard. She was forced to watch, and she was left alone and pregnant. Forced into a marriage with an infertile man. I don't want that life, for me or my child." She declared, as she helped Madame Davidson tighten the trousers.

"But what if you and the child are the one who gets killed."

"It's my fight too. This is my cause too." Éponine paused, before pulling Madame Davidson into a hug. The childless women hugged her, smiling. She knew what the outcome would be for the Barricade.

"Ok, Éponine ." She kissed her forehead, smiling as the girl left the shop, dressed as a boy, about to risk her's, and her child's life.

—————————-

"Do you hear the people sing."

Why the hell did Éponine end up next to Grantaire? The man was singing along, but looked a little out of it. Éponine wished he was sober again, but alas, the stress made the need for drinking stronger.

"Are you ready?" Éponine asked. Grantaire looked at him, and he looked scared to death.

"I know it's you, Éponine." He said. He faced the parade, that would soon become a bloodbath. "Why are you even here!" Her friend asked.

Éponine sighed. She took Grantaire's hand, to force him to look at her. "I am not letting all of my friends die." She said. "I want the new world for my child."

"Enjolras is fighting for that new world for you and your child." Grantaire said.

A million dreams for the world we're gonna make....

"And I don't want my child to be-" Gunshot. "it's begun." Éponine said, before breaking free from the chaos. People were screaming, some were chanting. Furniture was crashing down, and Éponine did her best to avoid it. Their Barricade would be at the Musain. Crash. Éponine jumped, but kept on running. Her ankles were swollen as she kept on running. She was breathing heavily as a chair crashed by next to her. She picked it up, along with another chair to help the Barricade.

"Do you need some help?" A boy asked. Éponine shook her head, avoiding eye contact as she attempted to stack the chairs. The leg of the chair scraped her hand, and she knew she got a splinter, but she could deal with it. She just hoped that she could deal with a bullet.

For the next few minutes, she stayed low. She cursed beneath her breathe when Grantaire staggered over. A bottle of wine was in his hand, it's liquid spilling every time he tripped. He sat down in a huff, dust surrounding him. Éponine coughed, her eyes stinging. "What do you want?" She asked in a low whisper. Her friend shrugged, leaning against the Musain's wall as he sipped the bottle.

"Give me some of that." Éponine muttered, trying to take the bottle from her intoxicated friend. Grantaire shook his head.

"Ain't going to help that Baby will it?" He asked, sipping once more. Éponine sighed, stuffing her face into her hands. She took a ragged breathe and didn't realize that her face was wet. Wet with tears. "Oh, no. You, stop that right now." Grantaire said, pulling Éponine into a hug. "The Éponine I know? The one who dealt with my craziness with the rest of Les Amis and is a great friend never cries. She never does. So stop that, right now(A/N Big Brother Grantaire!)" Éponine laughed.