Love Never Waits

By kellic_39

Kellin Quinn has just experienced a big tragedy...his death. And somehow, he doesn't remember. But luckily, h... More

Love Never Waits
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22- Final Chapter

Chapter 21

399 44 26
By kellic_39

A/N: Hey guys! Was that a shocker to you?

Chapter 21- 

Kellin's POV:

I couldn't believe this and I didn't want to believe it. Vic killed me! The love of my life was the cause of my death! I didn't know what to do. I stood there watching myself as I bled out. I slowly felt the life slip away from me again. But since I was a ghost my wounds healed automatically.

"Kellin?" I heard my spirit ask.

"It was him." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry, Kellin." it said.

"I can't....what....who found me dead?!" I asked.

"Would you like me to show you?" it asked.

"Yes, please." I said. I was crying and I felt like my heart broke. Vic killed me. I just couldn't believe it.

Just then, a flash of light happened. I was in the same place but I heard a scream and I turned around. I saw Tay and Alex standing there.

"Oh my god!" Tay let out a blood curdling scream. She ran over to my lifeless body. "Kellin!" she screamed. I've never heard anyone scream like that before. "Alex! Call 9-1-1!" she said.

"Okay." he said. He looked pale and sick. He took out his phone with shaky hands.

"Kellin! Answer me please!" she screamed.

"Hello? I just found my friend on his front lawn, he's unconscious and his head is cracked wide open!" Alex said into the phone. Alex gave them the address and hung up the phone.

"Kellin! Stay with me! Say something, please!" Tay cried.

"The paramedics said they're on their way." Alex said.

"Kellin! Answer me!" Tay screamed not acknowledging what Alex just said. Tay held me closer. There was blood on her hands and all over my lifeless body. Alex looked very sickly and pale and he ran over to the other side of the lawn and he threw up. He was never good around situations that involved blood. Especially the amount of blood that I had bled out.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." Alex muttered to himself as he walked back to Tay.

"Where's Vic?! He could be hurt too!" Tay sobbed. Alex looked through the window and turned back to Tay.

"He's passed out inside on the couch. He looks fine but there's a, um, mirror broken. Someone must've broke into the house!" Alex said.

"Oh my god!" Tay cried. It was sad to see this. I've never seen Tay so broken down and crumbled. It was heart breaking. Not as heart breaking as finding out how I died but it was heart breaking. After a few minutes the ambulance showed up. I saw some neighbors walk out of their houses to look at what was going on. The paramedics ran up to the scene on the lawn. Tay was still sobbing her eyes out.

"Ma'am, we're gonna need you to step away." one of the paramedics said to Tay.

"No! Kellin, please don't die!" she cried. I knew that she wanted them to help me but she didn't want to let me go.

"Ma'am we can't attend to him if you don't move out of the way." the paramedic say.

"Tay! Come on! Get up!" Alex screamed. He pulled her up and she struggled in his arms. I've never seen her fight that hard. She looked like Alex was a murderer and she was trying to escape. But Alex wasn't the murderer, my husband was.

"No! Please! Kellin!" she screamed. Tay looked light she was fighting Alex hard but he was stronger as he held her in his arms.

"Tay! It's okay!" Alex screamed back at her. I watched as the paramedics took me into the vehicle and drove away. Alex let go of her.

"We have to go!" Tay said as she ran toward the car.

"Tay! Calm down!" Alex screamed. Obviously he didn't mean it.

"Shut up Alex!" she screamed back at him. She tried to get open it up but it was locked and she was struggling while she tried to pull the handle several times, "Why isn't this fucking door opening?!" she said.

After she realized the car wouldn't open she turned around and quickly leaned her back against the car and slid down until she was sitting on the ground. She began to sob her eyes out and Alex ran over to her. He took her hands in his and he tilted her chin up.

"Hey, hey, look at me." he said. She looked into his eyes and he spoke to her, "We're gonna go to the hospital and we're gonna see him there and he's gonna be okay, he's gonna be bandaged up and we are gonna be there when he wakes up okay?" he said to Tay. I can tell her didn't believe it. She knew I was gonna die.

"B-but what about Vic?" she asked.

"I'll call one of the guys to take him to the hospital. I don't think he should drive once he hears the news." he said.

"O...okay." Tay said. She was still crying pretty hard. He kissed her forehead and he pressed the button on his car keys to unlock the doors. They got up and got in the car. I watched as they drove away.

I couldn't believe this was the way I died. Vic. My Vic. My husband. My best friend. My everything. I didn't know how to feel. But what I realized was that I wasn't mad. I didn't hate him. I hated myself. I let him get this out of control. He was an alcoholic to the point where I couldn't do anything about it. It drove him to murdering someone he loved. If I did this to him I would never forgive myself. What was I gonna do when I got back to him? I couldn't tell him about this. He would think I was crazy. My head was spinning and I had no idea what I was gonna do.

All of the sudden, I was back in the white world and I was standing there looking into the distance. There was something there. A man. A man standing in the distance.

"Hello?" I called out. He didn't answer. But he slowly started walking towards me. "Who are you?" I called out. As he started getting closer I was able to make out who it was. I gasped when he got close enough. It was my dad.

"Hello Kellin." he said.

"Dad." I whispered in astonishment. I quickly pulled him into a tight hug. He hugged me back and I began to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Kellin." he said.

"Dad....you're....you're dead and...you're here...and-"

"I've been watching over you." he said. And that's when it hit me. I pulled out of the hug and looked at him.

"You were my spirit guide." I said. He nodded.

"It took me a lot to convince the man upstairs to let you have a second chance. It's almost completely impossible to get him to give people a second chance at life. But after constant begging I attracted his attention and convinced him to give you another life." he explained. This was unbelievable.

"Dad, you did that for me?" I asked. He nodded.

"But enough about me, how are you? Are you ready to go back?" he asked. I looked at him with a blank face.

"No, I can't, I mean, I want to, I love Vic but I....I don't know." I said. I sat down on the floor and he sat down with me.

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"It's all my fault." I whispered.

"What is?" he asked.

"The death. I drove him to it. I let him get to the point where he killed me." I said. He chuckled and looked down. Then he looked up at me.

"You know, Kellin. When you die you get a chance to watch over someone who's alive. And once they die you get to watch over someone else. I was gonna choose to watch over your mother but your my son, and I knew that you were gonna be a great kid. You grew up to become what you've become and I couldn't be prouder. And every day I would watch as you struggled with Vic and the problems you had with his drinking. You were scared and you didn't want to deal with it. It's very common for people to run from their problems like that." he explained.

"I don't run from my problems. I face them but-" I started to speak but he interrupted me.

"No, no, no. I'm not saying that, that's who you are, I'm saying that everyone has to face their hardest problem in life and it scares us, so we run from it. But it wasn't your fault that Vic is an alcoholic. You can't change the past, but you can change the future. You can make everything better. I don't think there's many people that love each other as much as you and Vic do. And trust me, I'm in heaven, I've seen a lot of people in love. And that's how I got approval to give you another chance. It was a special case but now that it's happened, do you understand what you need to do?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yes, I do." I said. I smiled and pulled him into another hug. I began to cry, "I love you Dad. I wish you were still alive." I whispered.

"I'm always gonna be there, Kellin. I'm watching over you." he said. I closed my eyes and hugged him tighter.

But when I opened them, I wasn't in that world anymore. I was in my house. I was standing in my living room. I looked around and saw the news paper on the table. I looked down and checked the date. It was the day I died. Was I back in the memory?

Just then, Vic walked through the door. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, baby." he said casually.

"You can see me?" I asked. He gave me a confused face.

"Um, yeah, can you see me?" he joked. I ran over to him and I smashed my lips on to his. He kissed me back. I began to cry and I pulled him into a tight hug. He hugged me back. I began to cry even harder.

"I've missed you so much." I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Well, I've been gone for like an hour." he said.

"No, you don't-" I said but I stopped. I realized that he had no idea what I was talking about. "I mean, yeah, but I took a nap and I had this dream about you leaving me and not coming back." I lied. He pulled out of the hug and looked at me. He smiled and kissed me again. I deepened the kiss and put my hands on his cheeks.

"I'm never going to leave you, it was just a dream.  I love you, Kellin. Dreams are just dreams, real life is what's important, and in real life you're mine forever." he said. I kissed him again.  Little did he know, forever was about four more hours. 

"I love you so much, Vic." I whispered. He smiled.

"I love you too." he said, "Now, I'm gonna head out. I was gonna go get a drink if you wanted to come." he said. Then, it hit me. I had to stop him from getting drunk.

"No!" I yelled. He jumped because I startled him.

"What?" he asked.

"Vic, we've gone over this a lot of times, but now, I'm drawing the line." I said. I walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" he asked. I didn't answer. I went to the liquor cabinet and I took out a couple bottles, including the one Vic killed me with. He looked at me with wide eyes and he rushed over to me, "What the hell are you doing?!" he asked. He tried to grab the bottles from me. We ended up playing tug of war with them until I let them go and the smashed to the ground. He looked down then looked back. "Why would you do that?" he screamed in my face.

"Vic, from now on, I'm going to every single AA meeting with you." I said.

"I don't go to AA meetings." he muttered.

"Well, you're gonna start going! You need to get a fucking grip on this addiction! I know it's hard to kick an addiction but I love you, Vic! And I care about you! And if you don't stop you're gonna end up killing me!" I said. He gave me a weird look.

"You think I'm gonna kill you?" he asked.

"Point is you are going to hurt someone! And if you don't stop drinking you're going to seriously regret it! I know it's hard! I know that you can't change the past but you can change the future! We can change the future together. I can help you change your future. But, Vic, I love you so fucking much and I can't bare to see this happen anymore!" I said. He sighed and started pacing back and forth whilst looking at me.

"Kellin, I have this under control." he said.

"But you don't." I answered quickly, "Vic, I'm serious, I know I said this years ago and I didn't do it, but if you don't stop this, I'm gonna leave you." I said. He stopped pacing and he looked at me.

"What?" he asked. He looked like a lost puppy when I said that.

"Vic, I am begging you, please. Go to the AA meetings with me. We can change everything. For you, me, us, our kids, our friends, our entire family." I said. I leaned into him and I kissed him. He kissed back and when we pulled away I could see that he was crying.

"It's so hard. I've tried to stop, but it's too hard." he whispered.

"I know, baby. I know." I said.

"I don't want to lose you." he whispered back.

"I don't want to lose you either. And it won't happen if we take this slow. You don't have to stop right away but I we can take this piece by piece. Starting with this: You're not going out tonight. We are gonna stay home together, watch a bunch of movies, and be in love. We can cook some dinner together and have some wine. But you are not gonna get wasted because when you feel like you need to, you will come to me, and I will give you whatever you need. I'm your husband and when we got married we made a pact to stand by one another in good times and bad times. You are my everything, Vic. And I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure you're okay." I explained. Now, at this point I thought he would be yelling but he started chuckling.

"You really are the best husband ever." he said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed him. He kissed me back and we smiled against each other's lips.

"I love you, baby." I said.

"I love you too." he said. We began to kiss again.

"So dinner?" I asked when we were done.

"That sounds amazing." he said. It happened. I was alive and I was gonna do whatever I could to help him kick his addiction.

A/N: One chapter left! Thank you to everyone who read this book! I hope you liked it, and I'm still writing another book if you want to check that out! Thanks, hope you enjoyed:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553 2 22
Kellin has a hard past and Vic helps him cope... well kinda... read and find out!
9K 535 8
Kellin Quinn has been walking the earth knowing that he is one of many few survivors of a tragic event, a zombie apocalypse. Kellin struggles to surv...
61.4K 5.1K 33
Kellin Quinn is a writer. He doesn't write best-selling books, but he does earn enough to not need a job on the side. He never even really needs to l...
14.6K 450 23
Kellin is a mess. He's sad, tired, and swears too much. He copes by making self deprecating jokes and with his loud sarcastic humour. Vic is new and...