the things we fix | newt...

By mnewtmas

Newt had an accident a few months ago and now has troubles with his leg. He meets his new physiotherapist, Th... More

introduction
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
💭
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
MESSAGE
important news again

chapter two

7.4K 228 359
By mnewtmas

🌹

When he woke up the next day, Newt felt terrible. All kind of emotions rushed through his body. He was happy, because he wasn't going to have to go to school anymore and face those idiots all day ; but he felt jittery about the physiotherapy. He felt tired just at the thought of the stretching, and exercises he'll have to do, who were actually very painful.
Trying to encourage himself and gather the most of strenght he could, the boy got up and glanced at the clock. It was 9 o'clock and he had to leave for the hospital at 11, so he had time for a shower and a nice breakfast.
That's what he did. He took a shower, washed his hair, then got dressed - he chose a comfy and large pant which wasn't going to be too hard to take off.
He then had breakfast with his mother, his father already gone to work earlier in the morning. His mom worked at home so she and her son were used to spend time together.

''So honey, I called the hospital to let them know we're coming back today. They're happy you've decided to try again.''
''Kay." Newt said, eyes riveted on his phone and mouth full with cereals.
Miss Isaacs smiled at her son, even though he wasn't looking. Reaching up, she stroked her son's forearm. So much love and kindness were legible in the mom's eyes.
''I'm proud of you sweetheart, you know that?"
Newt nodded, eyes still glued on his phone. Anita bit her bottom lip, not knowing what to do anymore to connect with her son. Since the accident, he was uncommunicative, withdrawn. She kind of understood, but she still wished he'd open up, because she was concerned, he was her boy after all. She sighed, thinking the best thing to do was to give him some space.
''Okay. Well anyway, your new physiotherapist is a certain Mr. Edison. I hope it'll go just fine. Hurry up, we're leaving in ten."

And with that she left to wait in the living room. As soon as her mom walked through the kitchen door, Newt put down his phone and sighed loudly. Closing his eyes, he let himself rest against the chair back. He hated being cold with his mother but he didn't know how to be nice and warm anymore, cause all he knew was anger. He knew his parents probably were hurt by his behavior but he just couldn't help it.
Newt opened his eyes again and glanced at the window. It was snowing, as usual, which he didn't bother.
The boy pushed his cereal bowl away and prepared himself to leave. He tried to imagine his new doctor while he tied his shoes. "That name, though, Edison?" He thought, frowning. "Sounds like a old creepy jerk to me."

🌹

The hospital smelled like medicine. Newt hated it. He also hated another thing about hospitals:  being looked at with pity.
''Great.'' he said to his mom. ''At school, people stare at me and laugh, here they stare at me with pity, like i'm so kind of baby dog hurt on the side of the road. And all of this might last forever cause we don't even know if that limp is going to disappear.''
''Honey," her mom sighed, ''stop it. Nobody is looking at you like that. I bet they're looking at you because you're handsome.''
Newt rolled his eyes. "Whatever.''
''And stop with those whatever! I already told you. It sounds like you've swallowed a ''whatever'' dictionnary and can only use that word.''

Anita and her son soon were in front of the reception desk to check in.
''Hello, I'm Anita Isaacs and this is my son Newt. We're here for an appointement with Dr. Edison. Daily appointements actually so if you could give me the papers I need to fill.."
The secretary looked up at Newt and smiled, recognizing his face.
''Oh, Newt! I'm glad you're back. It's going to get better, you'll see. Dr. Edison is really nice.''
''Yeah, whatev-" Newt cut himself off when he felt the insistant gaze of his mother on him, and remembered her earlier speech. ''Okay.'' he said instead.
The secretary held out some papers to his mother, asked for his ID, and after a few minutes they were off to the waiting room. It was on the third floor though, so they took the elevator. Newt stayed quiet, trying to fight the nervousness. Tension was tangible in the small elevator, Newt's mom could tell he wasn't okay. Her son always had been a quiet boy, but this was different in that case where he stayed quiet only not to start screaming or crying. She knew that, first because she knew her son, and also because she could see him bite the inside of his cheek.
Eventually they got to the third floor and they found their way back to the waiting room fast enough. Newt let out a long sigh when he sat, his heart aching to be back here. Why did that car have to hit him?

''I'll stay here while you're with the physiotherapist, alright?" Anita said, maybe just to fill the horrible silence between she and her son.
''Mom, I'll be there for two hours. You can go home, it's okay.''
Suddenly, a door opened and a young man walked out of the room. Newt suddenly felt flustered. He stared at the man and felt something weird on his chest. He looked like a doctor, yes, but he also looked really young. Maybe one or two years more than him, really. Newt couldn't take his eyes off him and kept staring, as the doctor searched for a file in the dispatch cases hung up on the wall.
The man's profile was perfect. His hair were brown and seemed so soft. Newt didn't know why he was staring like that but something about that guy was mesmerizing. His hands moved in a fluid way, while he softly hummed, a smile on his pinky lips.
When the doctor turned his body towards Newt and his mother, he quickly looked away, pretending not to see him walk towards them. You're ridiculous. He thought, because clearly, the man had to have seen him panic.

''Newt? Hello, I'm Dr. Edison, your physiotherapist."
Newt looked up at him, his lips half-opened at the sound of the voice. Such a warm and reassuring voice. Realising Dr. Edison were holding out his hand for him to shake, Newt shook his head and quickly got up. ''H- Hello.'' he stuttered, shaking the hand of the man who apparently was his doctor.
''Well follow me then.''
Dr. Edison started to walk back into his room, and Newt followed, after he said a quick goodbye to his mom.
One thing Newt liked about his new physiotherapist was that he wasn't wearing a white shirt like every doctor. He wore a simple black jeans and a black sweater. That made him feel more... comfortable.
Dr. Edison sat down at his office and Newt slumped into the seat in front of him. He stared at his knees, feeling kind of intimidated.
''So, Newt. You got some leg troubles?" he heard, and looked up at the doctor. He found him smiling to him, a hand resting on his file.
''Uh..Yeah. It's.. painful and I limp. I had physio for a month, I learned to walk again, then I learned to walk without crutches. And then nothing got better so I..dropped physio.''
Dr. Edison frowned, and nodded. He got up and gestured Newt to come and sit down on the table behind him.
''Oh and Newt, remove your trousers please. I mean, you know how this works anyway. I'm not looking.''
Newt smiled and giggled. He frowned when the word ''cute'' found his way to his mind. He was flustered, and felt something different than anger, which wasn't usual for him.

''Okay, I'm ready.'' Newt said, once his pants was off and once he was sitting on the edge of the table.
His physiotherapist turned around and walked towards him, a smile curling up on his lips. He kneeled down in front of Newt and looked up at him.
''You can call me Thomas, by the way. We're about the same age so. I don't want it to be awkward.''
Newt frowned. Thomas. Okay.
''How old are you?"
The boys were now using first-names terms and surprisingly, it wasn't awkward at all. Newt was surprised to feel relaxed - and not angry. Thomas was really friendly and reassuring.
Newt gasped when he felt Thomas's hand on the back of his leg, his heart fluttering at the touch. Focus, Newt.
''I'm 20. I'm interning here actually. It's my last internship.''
''Oh." Newt said. ''I'm 19."
Thomas started to massage the leg softly, to get the muscles warm and ready for the stretching. Newt saw him smile.
''I know. It's on your file.''
Newt chuckled and leaned a little bit lower, his hands on the table supporting his weight.
''Okay, Newt? Ready to begin the stretching?"
Newt swallowed, apprehension kicking in. He nodded though. He didn't have a choice, did he?
Thomas gently grabbed Newt's foot and started to strech the leg, but immediately stopped when he heard Newt moan in pain.
''Fuck, sorry, it just hurts."
Newt started to breathe deeply, looking Thomas in the eyes.
''I know, I'm sorry Newt. I know it hurts but it's necessary."
His patient nodded, and Thomas saw him blush. That was because he just noticed Thomas's soft thumb rubs on his leg.
''What happened to you?" Thomas, concerned, said in a wavering voice, sitting next to Newt on the table.
The blond boy bit his bottom lip before looking at Thomas.
''Some jerk hit me. With his car.'' he said, changing his position so his face was closer to Thomas's.
''Oh...god, did he get arrested ?"
''..No. They never found him.''
Thomas understood that Newt was in pain, not just because of his leg but also in his heart. It just broke his heart. How could life hurt such an angel? He thought, looking at Newt's perfect features. No words good enough came into Thomas's mind, so instead he slowly grabbed Newt's hand into his and rubbed his thumb over the pale skin. However, when he saw the questionning eyes of Newt, he quickly removed his hand.
''I'm - I'm sorry.'' he stuttered, his face burning up as he quickly got up and took a few steps to be in front of Newt again. But he was relieved though when Newt's hand found his fingers again.
''No it's.. okay. Don't worry.''
Both boys were blushing and felt shy. Newt didn't know what was going on with him today. But he hadn't felt something so sweet in a long time and didn't want it to stop so soon. So yeah, he had grabbed Thomas's hand again.
Thomas smiled at him and got onto his knees.
''Here's what we gonna do. Stretching for ten minutes, massage, then a break. Sounds good ?"
Newt nodded.
''Yeah. I trust you."

🌹

Two hours passed and it was as painful as Newt planned. He didn't understand why he needed all the stretching if it wasn't helping with his limp.
But, he was happy that he had met Thomas. He was different and patient with him, nothing like the other kinesitherapist who would not care if he was in pain or anything. And Thomas was gorgeous, also. That made the pain more bearable.
Newt had been able to look at his face closely during the exercises. He was incredible. His long, black eyelashes surrounded two perfect brown, lightful eyes. And he had moles, too. Spread everywhere on his face like stars in the night sky. His nose was really cute, too. And his lips were perfectly made as well, in harmony with the rest.
He felt happy and somehow close to him. But Thomas was his doctor, and was probably acting this way with all of his patients anyway.
Newt shook his head to chase that thought away while walking out of the physio room. His leg hurt terribly.
''It'll get better. The pain. I promise you.'' Thomas had said to him before they said goodbye.
Newt wasn't so sure of that, but he knew one thing though. He knew he already looked forward to see Thomas again tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 673 22
Thomas is starting a new year at a new school. He is going into his second year of highschool, also known as his sophomore year. He knows nobody, he...
Yours By Nya

Fanfiction

1.4K 55 1
A Teen Wolf x The Maze Runner Newtmas Story 💞
1K 23 12
Y/n, a girl who was put into a Maze completely full of boys had to grow up fast and work twice as hard her whole life to keep up and prove herself wo...
44.6K 2.1K 26
we never had to say how we felt, we both had a mutual understanding we loved each other and that was enough. (MAZE RUNNER) (NEWTXMALEOC) (BOOKONE) (...