killers. | golden child.

By -sungyoon

"you guys are not a couple. why are you guys pretending when you two are just... partners?" "no, kim jibeom... More

0
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

1

1.1K 51 8
By -sungyoon

Lunchtime

Everyone is downstairs, having their meals in the canteen. The classroom is empty except for me and another boy sitting next to me.

...

My name is Bae Minkyung and I'm a killer.

I'm in a very dangerous situation right now... well, I'm in school.

Why is being in school a dangerous situation?

The goal of being a killer is to not let people know you're a killer. At school, almost everything about you will be exposed. Your real name, your age... literally everyone in your class will know you, since you all meet each other almost every day.

If there are other killers around, I'll be in danger. However, there are a bunch of innocent people here. If we fight, a lot of people would get hurt. That's why my leader said that I have to be aware, and not to create any trouble at school.

So far, I haven't found any other killers in this school. But still, I'm aware of other people, really aware...

"Dammit!" Joochan groaned in frustration as I shut my homework book, successfully stopping his plan of copying my homework.

Actually Joochan is a trustworthy person, he's my partner afterall. He's a killer as well. But I just won't let him copy my homework.

Our leader, Choi Sungyoon, at first strongly opposed the idea of Joochan and I being in the same school, but seeing that we didn't cause any trouble and surprisingly working well, he stopped complaining.

So now, we are not only classmates, but also seat mates.

Joochan and I work with a group of killers. We take missions from clients, and the person who's in charge of planning will make a proposal, wait for approval from the client once again before we actually carry on our murder plan. So it's not that simple to kill someone.

As far as I know our group isn't the only active group of killers. There are still a lot, yet we haven't encountered any. Better not. The company would lose quite an amount of income if killers started killing each other, I think...

"That's not fair!! I always help you with your homework!!!" Joochan whined.

I didn't really make friends at school due to my identity. I get along with them but never really hang out with anyone except for Joochan during recess or lunch time.

If I stay alone the whole time, people will get suspicious of me, and soon enough they'll start to question my identity, and that's dangerous.

Because the company who's in charge of all the killers will NEVER stand a chance where our identities will get exposed.

And they'll kill us before anyone else can further suspect us.

Everyone thought that Joochan and I are dating when we're not, but that gives us a fake "identity" and that's pretty useful to us so we didn't bother to deny it.

At first when we need to act like a couple it was awkward. Soon when we work together even more we started to get used to it. Some times we might even think that we're actually dating each other. We got a lot closer.

"But- fine..." I frowned, moving my arm away from the book. Joochan cheered and took it.

Suddenly, I felt buzzing in the pocket of my school jacket, and I quickly took out my ear phones, putting one side in my ear and the other side in Joochan's.

"Anyone listening?" The voice came out from the ear phones.

"Minkyung and Joochan listening." I answered, whispering.

"Next time use your code names dammit." The voice sighed in frustration.

"Just say what you're going to say." I facepalmed.

"Okay god dammit. The two of you, go to the street next to the main street after school. Our target will appear there. Kill him and leave, the police will take care of everything. Donghyun will give you more information on him."

"Okay. Thanks Jangjun!" Joochan answered.

"CODE NAMES-"

I pulled the ear phones off and exchanged looks with Joochan before laughing.

At school if people know our real names already, then why should we let them know our code names too? That will expose our identity.

"I guess our plan for ice cream is cancelled." Joochan leaned back on his chair.

"We can always have ice cream afterwards." I shrugged.

---------------

After school

"Hey, Minkyung." A girl approached me.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I'm going on my first date with my boyfriend and... I just want to... umm... ask for some advice." She hesitantly said. Joochan and I exchanged looks. Joochan nodded with a smile, meaning she's not suspicious.

"I see... how can I help you?" I asked.

"Can you help me pick an outfit from these pictures? I'm scared that he wouldn't like it if I picked the wrong one and it will ruin our first date I'm so nervous-"

"Calm down, Sookyung. An outfit wouldn't ruin a date easily. Your actions matter more. Trust me you look good in anything, he'll like it as long as it's you." I smiled.

"Thanks. But please help me choose one." She smiled as well, taking out her phone.

"Okay, let's see... wear this outfit, it looks really nice." I looked through the pictures, and pointed at an outfit.

"Okay, I trust you!" She gave me a high five.

"Have fun!" I smiled.

"Enjoy your date with Joochan!" She answered, leaving the classroom.

I laughed a bit as she left. This isn't the first time I'm doing stuff like this. Almost everyone here treats me as a love expert since they thought that I'm dating Joochan, but in fact I have never dated anyone before. Plus, my advice is quite useless to be honest.

"Let's go." Joochan grinned, holding up his hand, waiting for me to hold it.

"The fuck?" I asked.

"We need to act professional, remember?" He asked back. I sighed and held his hand, before exiting the classroom.

When we exited the school gate, we see Donghyun waiting for us. He's holding a video game box. We went to him. At the same time we put on our earpieces. We couldn't wear them at school so we use earphones there.

"Hey!" Joochan greeted, pretending to be casual. Donghyun just laughed as he saw us holding hands.

"Shut up, be quick." I glared at the boy. He stopped laughing and opened the box. There are no video games in it but instead there is information of a man.

"So this is the information of our target?" Joochan mouthed, device attached to his ear automatically changed it to words for us to hear since we have the same devices. It's so far the newest technology.

"Yes, he'll be walking past the place written here in 10 minutes so you two can walk there slowly." Donghyun answered. The whole conversation is silent.

"Afterwards, Minkyung you'll contact me, Jangjun and I will drive our car nearby and pick you guys up." Donghyun then turned to me.

"Okay." I nodded.

After walking away from Donghyun, we starting heading towards the street next to the main street. During our walk, Joochan and I did nothing but diss each other.

"Hey dude, you see these new earrings? Sungyoon got me those as a gift." Joochan said proudly, pointing at the earrings.

"Thanks for sharing." I said with a poker face.

"Jealous?" He asked.

"No because I didn't even pierce my ears!" I glared at him. He laughed.

"By the way, are we going to get ice cream?" Joochan asked, grinning.

"Yeah, what flavour are you going to get?" I asked back.

"I don't know, but it has to be like me!" Joochan made a cute pose, hinting that he's sweet.

"I have never heard of dumb flavoured ice cream." I answered.

"Hey!" Joochan exclaimed, trying to sound angry but he was laughing.

Even though we might look like we're only fighting and having fun, both of us are paying attention to the environment around us.

We're talking nonstop yet we're extremely focused, especially when we spotted our target walking in front of us for the past 2 minutes.

"Hey is it time for my favorite drama to air on tv?" I asked. In fact I'm asking something else and Joochan knows it. I didn't take my eyes off the business man walking in front of me the whole time.

"It's in 2 minutes, do you think we can watch it on time?" Joochan answered as if nothing happened. I sighed loudly.

"Don't be sad. We'll watch it online later. Come on, the sky is pretty, let me take a photo of you with it." Joochan grinned, taking out a camera. I smiled.

It's time to take action.

I turned around to face Joochan. I trust him that he won't let our target escape.

"Is this pose good?" I asked, making a pose.

"Hmm...do another one." Joochan answered, holding up the camera, trying to look for a good angle.

"What the fuck are you guys doing he's walking away!!" A voice rang in my earpiece.

"Calm down, 82, I trust my partner." I answered quietly.

At this moment, Joochan winked.

"Okay, I'll do this." I sat down on the floor.

"Click" "click"

As Joochan took two photos, I turned around to see the business man, our target, collapse to the floor. We did it.

"Let's get out of here?" Joochan asked with a smile.

"Sure." I grinned.

He grabbed my hand before leaving, passing through an alley to go to the main street.

I looked back for one last time to make sure our target is dead, but accidentally made eye contact with someone. It's a boy. He wore casual clothes and wore a mask. Even though he didn't seem suspicious at all, I'm still aware of him.

Wait, I thought there's no one around? Why is he standing there? Was he waiting for something? Did he see everything?

I'm scared that something might happen.

At this moment, we walked through the alley and arrived at the main street.

"Hey, 55-" I quietly called out.

"They're here." I got cut off when a car stopped in front of us and the window is slowly opened.

"Mission complete?" Our driver, Jangjun asked. We nodded.

"Let's go back." Donghyun, who's sitting at the front seat, smiled. We got on the car quickly.

"These photos really turned out to be great." Joochan said, smiling as he looks through the pictures in his camera.

"Be careful." I laughed.

"I know I know." He answered.

This camera isn't just a normal camera. After being remade, it can not only take photos, but it also turned into a weapon.

A camera that can shoot bullets.

Which means, at the time we we're taking photos, Joochan used this camera, and killed our target.

I must admit that Joochan is a really good killer. He only shot 2 bullets and successfully killed the man, he didn't even miss a single bit. Not only that, he also have quite a few skills, which isn't shown yet.

Soon, the car came to a stop. It stopped in front of a building.

"Go inside first. I'll park the car." Jangjun said, and the rest of us got off the car.

We arrived at our base. It's not a really special place but at the same time it is. Our base is an abandoned flat above an old restaurant, and our leader Sungyoon lives here.

Whenever we feel like staying in the base for a night or two, Sungyoon always welcome us and takes good care of us. He's a really good leader even though he can be scary at times.

We walked past the restaurant and went into an alley, and went up by the stairs after turning left.

It's not so easy to get into the base because we need to get through gates and doors and such. It's all equipped with different kinds of technology.

"Welcome back." Sungyoon smiled as we stepped in the door. He sat on the sofa, waiting for us as he uses his laptop.

"Mission complete!" Joochan said cheerfully.

"Good job." The leader answered.

Our group consists of 6 people. Donghyun, Joochan and I are the youngest ones here.

Donghyun is the same age as us, but he studies in another school. I always like working with Donghyun because he's very nice and friendly, really reliable and he knows almost everything.

He's in charge of most of the technology here, and he does the planning whenever there's a mission. He can kill people too but he's not as strong as other people. That's why he must partner up with someone every time he does a mission.

For Joochan, as I said before, this playful boy full of puns can actually remake weapons, and he has a few skills that can be used when needed.

"Minkyung ah." Sungyoon called. In the base he calls us by our real names.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Try this." Sungyoon threw me a gun. I caught it and shot it 3 times at the specially made board.

"FUCK!!!" Joochan screamed as he dodged the bullets when he walked past. All of us burst out laughing.

"As if you'll get shot." I rolled my eyes, sitting down next to Sungyoon on the sofa, and returned the gun to him.

"Keep it." Sungyoon said. I widened my eyes.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, it suits you." He pointed at the gun. I jus realized that it's pink.

"Thanks." I grinned, before taking the gun, shooting it one more time, before turning back to watch the tv.

Have you ever tried this? Stare at the second hand of the clock. Blink a few times and you'll see it stop for a bit. That's the stop clock illusion.

Joochan has the ability to make everything stop for a moment in his eyes, so he can dodge bullets easily like what he did just now.

Well for me... other than the fact that I'm stronger and more observant, I don't have any special abilities. I also use weapons well but that is after a lot of training and practicing.

"Why the hell is Joochan screaming again?" At this moment, Jangjun came back as well after parking the car.

"I was letting Minkyung try the newest gun I bought from the black market. Who knew Joochan would be randomly walking around?" Sungyoon shrugged, then smiled as he looked at the score I got. It's all above 90 marks. Jangjun laughed.

Speaking of Jangjun, as known as 82, he's the second oldest in here as well as the loudest one here. He basically monitors everything when we do our missions. So when something happens, he can go and help us. He's a really strong killer too. He changes expressions so quickly that it can scare you.

Other than that, he's partners with Sungyoon, so he's pretty much the co-leader. He would be taking all kinds of missions, while Sungyoon will decided if he'll let us do them. I can say that the two of them are pretty close.

Sometimes, when there are really difficult missions, Sungyoon would do them himself, otherwise, he'll let us complete them. In really few situations, he'd help us, but Jangjun would be the one who'll help us most of the time.

Also, Sungyoon would be training us, and give us weapons when necessary. He's the one who found all of us and made this group. He's also the most influential one.

Wait...we have 6 people in this group right? Did I just only introduce 5 of us?

Sungyoon, Jangjun, Donghyun, Joochan, and I.

And of course I can't forget him...

"We'll go home now." Someone said as he walked out from the room.

"Okay." I sighed, actually wanting to stay here for longer, but I have to listen to him.

"See you." Joochan and Donghyun said in sync.

I got up from the sofa and left the base with him, getting on a car after entering the car park.

Who is this person? He's the strongest fighter among us... my brother, Bae Seungmin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 7.6K 29
" you maniac " Minho's seen as the crazy boy but all he really wants is someone to talk to, and Jisung wants to help him.
129K 3.5K 62
"You say that you don't love me but you act like you do!" *sigh* "Do I have a chance or not Baek Hana?"
14.4K 310 15
"I don't have to say it because we're nothing but friends. I don't have to say it 'cause compared to him -I am nothing. I'm nothing Irene...but a fri...
70.7K 2.7K 22
"We are nerdy,but one day you will look at us and changed.Just that One Day"-Taeyeon,Jessica,Hyoyeon and Seohyun.