The Player's Unofficial Rebou...

By ehl_kayy_writes

rebound (n): second best, a person someone uses to get over another person. __________ Jenny Archer still can... More

copyright |
chapter one | the night that started everything
chapter two | the prince charming of sour lollies
chapter four | she who he never noticed
chapter five | she who was stolen
chapter six | he who brought it up
chapter seven | are you a stranger?
chapter eight | the princess sister
chapter nine | contemplating murder
chapter ten | an apple a day doesn't keep the hunger away
chapter eleven | on the contrary
chapter twelve | not her type
chapter thirteen | her aged cognac
chapter fourteen | not close enough
chapter fifteen | finding a confidant
chapter sixteen | the date
chapter seventeen | finally getting answers
i'm sorry | to be removed jan 27th
remove the book or edit | Please Choose

chapter three | mamma mia was less dramatic

27.6K 949 156
By ehl_kayy_writes

Jenny released a sigh in relief after having looked around, searching the cinema and coming up empty for any sign of Daemon Matthews.

She didn't know why she was mildly surprised at what he did. Daemon Matthews had been known at school to be someone who did whatever he wanted to do without a care for the consequences of his actions.

There was no doubt in her mind that Daemon had left the cinema and headed to wherever he would rather be. However, this time Jenny was thankful for what he did.

Now, she didn't have to force small talked it him. Now, she could enjoy Mamma Mia 2 carefree, without having to deal with the awkwardness that came with being around Daemon Matthews.

Jenny smiled genuinely for the first time since her twin and Daemon arrived. Then as the perspiration from her cup of soda dripped onto her hands, her thoughts turned away from Daemon and dawned on the fact that she would be drinking half water and half soda when the movie finally started.

The giggles of Santana echoed towards her, drawing her gaze up and looking for her best friend and her twin.

In the midst of people crowding over towards the theatre as another movie was called out, Jenny's gaze settled onto Jesse and Santana walking over giggling loudly at something one of them had said.

Jenny wondered again what the two of them would think if they ever found out about what had transpired that night five days ago.

She knew Jesse would be torn between feeling guilty because he had left her there and being a bit disappointed in her.

Santana... Santana was the mystery. Jenny couldn't quite know with a certainty what she would feel about all of this.

Just as soon as the thought crossed her mind, did Jenny shake her head to throw it out. She knew that she didn't need to think about it right then and there. As she watched the two lovebirds walk towards her, she made a mental note not to think about that night or anything remotely connected to it. For now, she needed to relax, take a breather and enjoy the movie that she had waited an entire decade for.

Jenny remembered being seven when she saw the first movie. She had fallen in love with the musical themed movie and sang along to the songs as they came on the movie because they were Abba, one of her mom's favourite groups.

She gave a small wave when Santana and Jesse finally saw her. She noted Jesse's frown and knew right away that he was confused by Daemon's absence.

Jenny quickly ran through what to do. Should she lie? Should she say that she didn't know where he was? Should she say that he had gone to the bathroom and drag it as long as she could? Or should she make up an excuse for his disappearance?

There was both an up and a down to each choice. Jenny came up short, wishing a sign would just drop out of the heavens to guide her. She found herself getting annoyed at Daemon for leaving her with the responsibility to explain disappearance.

"Where's Dae?" Santana asked once they reached Jenny. Santana looked around as if she would see her childhood best friend lurking around flirting with a girl or two but quickly came up empty. "Did he go somewhere?"

Without thinking twice about it, Jenny replied, "He said that he wasn't feeling that well and that he wanted to get some rest before school tomorrow. Something about a pop-quiz." The lie flowed little naturally but Jenny knew that she sounded a little but uncertain.

Santana nodded, not the least bit suspicious that Jenny would be saying anything other than the truth. However, Jesse's eyes narrowed at his twin, burning a hole into her as she ignored him. He knew that there was something she's wasn't telling him by the slight hesitation before she answered Santana.

"Let's go in. The movies about to start," Jenny said hastily before she pushed past them and headed for the theatre.

* * *

After the movie was over, Jesse and Santana headed off to The Cliff for their 'date after the date' as Jesse dubbed it.

The place held memories for them as it was where Jesse had first kissed Santana. Even if it was just on the cheek.

Jenny decided to go straight home because for one, she didn't want to third wheel them, two, Jesse kept on looking at her weird and she didn't want to spend anymore time around him and his suspicions, and three, she was exhausted from the events of the day.

As Jenny walked in through the door of their home to silence, she knew her mom was already asleep. Mrs Archer had been getting exhausted easily lately, especially with all the running around she's had to do for Jesse's graduation. She had to plan parties and tried to get something as mundane as the dress code ready.

Mr Archer was back in New York, attending to some business meetings at the headquarters. Without him there, the house felt considerably empty, especially since Jesse was with Santana most of the time and Jenny was running around with her duties for the student council and some clubs she'd join to build up her CV.

Just as Jenny started upstairs to get some well-deserved rest, she heard rustling from the kitchen. She rolled her eyes as she knew what exactly was making those sounds.

"Really?" she whispered as she took in the sight of her youngest brother going through the nutella jar as if he had been starved for centuries. "Jake!"

Jake looked up from where he sat by the fridge, a spoonful of nutella in his mouth and the opened jar in one hand. His face was painted with nutella and he looked blissfully happy.

He looked up at Jenny and smiled as he pulled the spoon out of his mouth, his teeth was nutella coated and Jenny wondered again how he had managed to retain those pearly whites with all the sugar he inhaled. "Hey Jen," Jake managed out. "How'd the third-wheeling go?"

Of course Jake knew about the whole plan to get Santana to the date with Jesse. Jenny had asked him for his input when she had gotten home from school earlier.

Jenny shrugged, knowing that she couldn't very well tell her younger brother that Daemon had popped up and had made everything awkward before he up and left without a word. Even though she shared a lot of things with Jake, she decided that telling even him about that night was a no-no. "Didn't mom tell you to stop eating that stuff?"

Jake returned her shrug with a shrug of his own. "Maybe," he managed out as he scooped another spoonful of nutella.

Jenny was thankful that she had grown out of her love for nutella as she watched her baby brother contaminate the spread with his saliva. "You better dump that before tomorrow, Jake or I promise you mom will take away your phone for a whole month."

Without staying back to see if he followed her words or not, Jenny said goodnight and headed to her room where she knew relief waited for her.

* * *

"Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, Treasure Hunt," Glenn read over the list of activities they had come up with to discuss with the other members of the council for the getaway. "There's also the pepero game that you mentioned. Where did you get that idea from again?"

"Oh that one," Jenny smiled hesitantly, as she wondered if she should mention it or not. "It's a Korean game some of my friends from New York told me about. We usually played it at some sleepovers. I think I've watched some Korean game shows that showed how it was played."

Glenn nodded as he continued to write away, his eyes remained on the paper he'd been scribbling on as if it was the most interesting thing innthe word. He chewed his bottom lip, looking deep in thought as if he was arguing with himself over indecision.

Jenny sighed as she watched him. She didn't like the awkwardness that had settled between them as soon as she had walked into the room.

Glenn had visibly jumped when he looked up from typing away on his notebook and saw Jenny there although she'd been there for five minutes and he hadn't noticed her.

After fifteen minutes of discussion about the getaway in six weeks, Glenn still acted as if he wanted to run out of the room as fast as he could.

"Is everything okay?" Jenny asked as she grabbed her notebook and got up to leave after they had finished their discussion.

Glenn looked taken aback by her question as be collected his stuff. "Wha-what do you mean? Of course everything is okay." His eyes darted towards the door as if it was his lifeline. His eyes returned back to Jenny asked he gave her a forced smile. "Why wouldn't it be?"

Jenny furrowed her brows together in frustration at Glenn's dismissal. "You've been acting like I'd jump at you with a steak knife the whole time we've been talking." At Glenn's silence, she continued, "If this is because of yesterday, Glenn, I-"

"No, no... It's not about yesterday," he cuts her off hastily before flushing red.

"Okay then," Jenny sighed. "Then you just woke up this morning thinking I have the plague and to avoid me?"

Glenn's face paled as he realized how his actions would've confused Jenny. He started stuttering out an explanation but came out lost.

He didn't know what to do to convince her that it wasn't her, and that it was himself that he despised at that very moment. He hated himself for acting the way he did yesterday.

He hated that he was cold to her yesterday just because he saw her heading towards Daemon Matthews. He hated that Jenny, the girl he'd had a crush on ever since she came into town, had fallen for the player that treated girls like they were dirty rags that needed to be disposed of.

When Glenn still didn't say a word, Jenny nodded matter-of-factly before she grabbed her bag, said a curt goodbye and headed for the door.

"Jenny."

Jenny stopped at the door and turned around, a little bit surprised that he had called her. She watched him, a torn look appearing on his face. "Yes?" she asked when he still didn't say anything.

"Uhmm..." he mumbled before clearing his throat. "I wanted to ask... "

"Yes?"

Jenny noticed him looking at her, studying her as if he was trying to gage her reaction. When she arched her brow at him, he finally said something, "I'll...uh... see you Monday then."

Jenny nodded hesitantly, confused as to why he felt the need to stop her and state the obvious. "See you Monday, Glenn."

After her final class, Jenny decided to look around for Santana so they could go grab some frozen yogurt together. She hadn't really caught up with her friend yesterday because of her twin and she had concluded while Mr Byun talked about the importance of catching the light in the picture, that she would get her today for sure.

She pondered how exactly she would get Santana to turn off her phone because she knew Jesse would start calling her as soon as he finished with practice.

Her thoughts drifted to Jake and how he had sputtered out an explanation to their mother when she discovered the empty jar of nutella sitting in the sink when she woke up this morning. The brat hadn't listened to Jenny and as she had warned him, their mother had taken his phone away from him.

The hallway was empty by the time she got there, thanks to her deciding to help out Mr Byun with setting everything away. He was a nice Korean American that was a genius behind the camera and Jenny was always happy to help him because he always let her stay behind and use the dark room when she needed to develop her photos.

Jenny's footsteps halted when she heard someone grunt from the left hallway a few feet away from her that she knew led to the boys locker room.

She contemplated whether she should turn around and head the other way because there was no doubt in her mind what made that sound.

As if to further prove her suspicions, she heard a moan and a slight yelp was cut off as if someone had had their mouths covered soon after.

Jenny mentally groaned, knowing that she had to get to Santana fast before Jesse sweeped her away. She was in the other building, probably finishing up with the paperwork she had mentioned yesterday and this was the quickest way there.

Jenny decided to keep going that way and just as she did she heard moans and groans. She cleared her throat loudly to let the two horny people a few feet away know she was there.

To her relief she heard movements as they pulled away from each other and she heard clothes being straightened.

With another clear of a throat, she started walking, stomping her feet pretty loudly as if to let them know even more that she was walking past them.

She felt both of their eyes on her even though she didn't give them a look. She didn't know who it was, nor did she want to. She knew that they would be just embarrassed as her by the situation.

But when she heard a giggle, her eyes just found themselves darting in their direction without meaning to.

Her steps faltered instantly and came to a stop when she realized who it was. She felt her throat dry and her face flush red as she took both of them in.

But her attention was solely focused on only one of them, the guy with his dark hair messed up and his shirt crooked as if it had been hastily pulled on. His blue eyes watched her with shock and a hint of amusement.

Daemon.

•••|||•••

What do you think of this chapter?

Quick question : Who wants a chapter from Daemon's side next?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter. It helps with the ranking and makes my day ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 149 28
Meet skylar, a fun, outgoing, beautiful young girl who spent most of her days with her best friend Tyler. Meet Tyler a handsome, intelligent, young...
1.8M 47.5K 40
"I need you to be my fake girlfriend". He paused allowing me to process what he just said. I rubbed my eyes trying to see if I was in a dream. Nope...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
623K 10.7K 28
What happens when a good girl becomes determined to make her brothers best friend fall in love with her? Drama, sexual tension and jealousy of course...