Cool Kids [p. parker] || SLOW...

By spidereleven

"I'm not a 'cool kid', Pete." "From how Flash says you're buddies, I say you are." OR In which one of Midtown... More

epigraph + summary
cast + playlist
ZERO
( PART I )
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENT-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
( PART II )
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
rip cameron
author's note!

TWENTY-FOUR

4.1K 200 23
By spidereleven

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
( ONE HELL OF A DAY )

SCHOOL WAS HELL. IT was known fact by nearly everyone in the world. It was hell and always would be; the teachers who gave copious amounts of homework not thinking of the other classes, the projects, the waking up early, the drama, the crowded hallways, the bullies – everything about school was hell. Sure, anyone can add in the days where they laughed endlessly with their friends or watched movies in class instead of work, but still. School wasn't fun. But then add in the fact that the giant lizard from the former week was attacking the school because it thought Spider-Man was there? Well, it certainly made for one hell of a day.

The day had started out normal. Nick woke up, got to school, talked to his friends at his locker before class – this time including Olivia, Peter and Ned, Harry and Gwen somewhere else. Flash asked for an answer to a question or two for their Science homework between second period and third period in the hallway, and Nick gave the answers willingly. He avoided Frank successfully, too. First period went smoothly, though Nick nearly fell asleep. Second period was terrible; the teacher gave a pop quiz, and the entire class tried to talk the teacher out of it, but it was no luck. Third period was fine, and so was fourth. Things didn't start happening until lunch.

Peter and Nick were in the lunch line, the former telling the latter the truth of why he wasn't a school the day before. The entirety of Sunday night Peter had went into the sewers again to look for the lizard, but instead found a dry, elevated spot with a computer or two and notebooks that had information on reptiles and cold blooded mammals and on any creature who had the ability to grow parts of their body back. The handwriting had looked familiar to Peter, but before he could snoop anymore said the giant lizard attacked, crushing his phone in the process and losing his backpack again, but this time in the sewer water. Though, he made sure to assure Nick that he was okay despite the scratch he had gotten on his side and the hurt ankle; he healed fast, anyway.

"–and here's the weird thing," Peter said as they walked away from the lunch line, already having paid for their food, a confused but thoughtful expression on his face. "He – it – had the upper hand, but- but it stopped. Out of no where, too. Like it just stopped, like- like he froze for a second and then ran away. It was really freakin' weird."

Nick made a face. He didn't really like the sound of Peter putting himself in danger like that, but then again he had no choice over the matter, really; just like he had no choice over his uncle being a cop. "That is weird," he said. "But, you're okay, right?"

Peter nodded, deciding not to say anything about the lizard as they got to the lunch table where their friends sat. "Yeah, I'm fine. Definitely better than yesterday."

"Dude, you looked like shit," Ned said as the two sat down.

The conversation continued from there, the group of five laughing at different things. Though, that didn't last long. Their laughter about vines died out as a weird sound echoed through the halls of the school, making everyone quiet down to listen to the odd sound. Peter slowly sat up straighter and looked towards the cafeteria doors with a look of worry. Screams were heard seconds later that followed a crashing sound, and Peter, along with his friends and everyone else in the lunch room, watched as various students raced passed the doors. A few who had been close to the doors glanced out, only to rush in the lunch room and head for the doors on the other side that lead outside.

"What's going on?" Ned asked slowly.

Anita then let out a scream as The Lizard gradually came into view, arms latching onto Marty's as they both scrambled to stand up. "What the fuck is that thing doing here?!"

"You guys gotta go," Peter said, standing up as well and reaching over the table to push Ned, Anita, and Marty away, the three only hesitating to wait for the other two. He then bent down and grabbed Nick's backpack, shoving it into the shorter boy's arms. "Go. Now. I'll find you guys soon, I just gotta find my brother first."

"Peter, are you fucking stupid?" Nick asked.

"Nick, please."

It was then when Nick noticed how serious Peter looked, and he simply, albeit hesitantly, nodded and went over the table to follow the others, explaining to them that Peter was going to try and find Shawn first. And, really, Peter most likely will do that as well fight The Lizard. Everyone got outside in a hurry, and teachers were calling out the names of students while one of the adults was on the phone with the police.

Nick tried to wait until Peter came walking back. He bounced on his feet with his arms crossed of his chest, his black beanie crooked from being shoved around minutes earlier in the crowd of teenagers. He fixed it, a few white hairs poking out, and looked to the school windows; his eyes widened as he noticed a red and blue rush passed one, a second later the red and blue blur going by the window again, but this time on the Lizard. His gaze moved away as sirens were heard getting closer. The principle and teachers started making sure the students stayed put, and Nick glanced between the slightly opened door and the teacher that was slowly getting closer.

The teen sighed to himself and waited for the teacher to turn around before edging away from his friends, and then dashing inside. Nick quickly moved to where no one outside would see him if they looked in, and leaned against the wall for a second before he pushed himself back up and left the cafeteria. He followed the damage that gradually became worse as he walked, hands tightly gripping the straps of his backpack. There were a couple of holes in the walls, lockers were destroyed and had scratch marks running through them, even the ceiling and lights were damaged.

Nick froze out of pure fear when he heard a crashing sound just down the hallway. Oh, boy, was he one big fucking idiot right now.

The sirens of the police cars, and possible ambulances, were clear as day, and then he heard the footsteps coming closer that sounded way to loud to be normal sized feet. The grip he had on his backpack's straps grew tighter and Nick waisted no time in going into the nearest classroom, shutting the door and peering out of the door's window, watching with wide eyes as the Lizard rushed by. He frowned, only stepping out a few seconds later when he was positive that the Lizard was gone.

Nick slouched against the doorframe and let out a sigh of relief, his hand against his chest. All of that fear and stress just because he wanted to make sure one stupid boy was still alive.

"Nick?"

Said stupid boy was, indeed, alive.

Nick stood up from the doorframe, stumbling slightly as he turned around to see Peter in the Spider-Man suit, mask off and in hand. Instead of explaining why exactly he was there, Nick instead ran forward and engulfed Peter in a tight hug, relief washing over him all at once. Peter hugged him back just as tight, just as quick, with his arms around Nick's waist while Nick's arms were over Peter's shoulders.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked quietly.

"I wanted to make sure you weren't dead, and also the police are here, and I know they aren't too fond of you," Nick said just as quietly, the two pulling away after that, but Peter held onto Nick's hand securely. He lead the way down the hallway and motioned for Nick to walk quietly.

"I got away with just some bruises, I'm okay," Peter told him, "And, again, the Lizard just ran off."

Nick made a sound at the back of his throat. Neither one of them said anything after that, and they just went in the direction they believed the Lizard went in up until they got to the place where it had come in at – the bathroom. Nick stopped at the wall adjacent to the hole that lead to the destroyed bathroom, and frowned at the container that held a fire resistant blanket – or, well, it used to. It was scratched at and torn open, the blanket gone. Meanwhile, Peter was in the bathroom looking at the hole in the ground where a toilet used to be.

"Why would a giant lizard need a fire proof blanket?" Nick asked. His voice was louder than minutes before, certain that the lizard was gone, and so that Peter could hear him. He didn't get a response at first, so he turned around only to find Peter walked out of the bathroom with a dirty and torn up Oscorp lab coat in one hand.

"Maybe because it isn't a lizard in the first place."

***

A/N— This chapter is hella short, it feels like, and maybe a bit rushed, but really I feel like I've put all I've wanted for it. I know I could've added a few more things/elaborated on different parts, but oh well. I'll make it better when I edit the entire book once I'm done. But I really hope you guys enjoyed it! We're getting into the more TASM aspects of the story and for the next couple or so chapters, it'll be mostly revolving around Dr. Connors and all so I can finish that big subplot. Then I'll be closing the main plot of this first part after that! Ch28 (the last chapter of this part) is gonna be...something, alright.

Hope you liked this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote!! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 104 18
A love story between Peter Parker and a male OC character. Heads up for the story: - Story is from the POV of the OC, unless stated otherwise - Based...
117K 5.2K 43
"I'm the boy that was born as a girl, and every single day I have to prove to society that I'm man enough to be accepted." "Why do people treat you l...
185K 9.6K 29
❝ you are totally busted, spidey-boy! ❞ PETER PARKER X FEM!OC SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING UNFORTUNATE HEROES BOOK ONE
164K 7.1K 24
❝so... spider-MAN?❞ ❝yeah. because, well because-❞ ❝you don't have to explain yourself pete. i get it❞ ❝you'...