Flying Without Wings

By blackNdeadly1989

After a confrontation with a few rogue deatheaters, Athena James 'AJ' Potter, Hermione Granger and Ginny Weas... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Ten

2.1K 53 21
By blackNdeadly1989

Ginny's POV

It was the third day after we, that is, the dwarves, Bilbo, Hermione and myself and I found myself wishing that I could least ride a broom or better yet, a horse as the walking was getting a bit much. We walked during the day, only resting at night before leaving at the crack of dawn the next day. Hermione had her soothing potions that helped, but it would have been nice if I apparate or create a port-key. Hermione then shot down that idea stating that the dwarves may not like the idea of suddenly teleporting to the Mountain and there was also the fact that it may not work because we were in new world. I then remembered how when I first woke up in this new world, I had tried to apparate, as did Hermione and it didn't work, which was confusing as most of our magic worked, but no transport such as apparation. Port-keys were also a no go, as we didn't know the area and the dwarves didn't know the magic. Brooms were out as well as it could bring attention, according to Thorin, who had just wanted to get to the Lonely Mountain.

At first, he didn't want to stop at night, preferring to keep walking, only stopping for little breaks every now and then. This didn't sit well, as some of the dwarves, Bilbo and myself needed to rest. So for a change and just to annoy the dwarves, I transformed into my animagnus, which was a horse and Hermione transformed into her border collie form and she rode on top, which made the dwarves confused as to why a dog was riding a horse. Needless to say, Thorin wasn't amused, but he relented in allowing us to set up camp for the night, and leave early in the morning.

However, the scenery made up for the walking as Middle-Earth was beautiful and captivating. We had walked over hills, through snowy mountains and forest. I was also thankful that Middle Earth was cool, and not hot, thus allowing me to be cool and content while doing loads of walking. Hermione enjoyed the scenery too, and after three days, she had changed from the dress she wore into the tights, tunic and coat that were similar to the clothing I wore. I was glad we still had magic, as refreshing and cleaning spells were a gift after a few days of no baths. Hermione was also leaving traces of our path, discreet clues that only Athena would be able to find with her wand, so that she could find us. Though, it was worrying as to why Athena and Gandalf had not yet caught up, but I knew that she would be safe, and so would Gandalf.

And so, on day three, we were heading into even more snowy mountains. We walked past rocky cliffs with waterfalls, and walked up to the Misty Mountains, heading higher into the sky. We were on a particular mountain, following a pathway into a darken rocky valley. After a while, the pathway began to get smaller and smaller, with the dwarves, Bilbo, Hermione and I all falling into a single line. Hermione decided to head up to the front of the line, near Thorin and be on watch out, just in case something happened. I stayed near the back of the line, making sure that nothing came up from behind. After a while and getting higher into the mountains, it had started to rain, pouring down heavily upon us. Hermione tried to cast a weather spell, but the rain was just too heavy and so we ended up placing a clear spell to allow the company to see clearly in the pouring rain. It helped, as the dwarves could see things clearly and were more steady on the narrow path. But after a while, I began to wonder if there was a place we could find shelter, as it was beginning to get even more cold, and we needed to set up camp, as night time had fallen.

"Hey! Hold on!" Thorin cried out. In the pouring rain, I could only barely hear him.

Suddenly, Bilbo slipped from the narrow path, almost going over the edge, but he was held back by Dwalin. I pulled out my wand, ready to catch him just in case he fell again.

Thorin spoke again. "We must find shelter!"

Suddenly, the rocks began to shake and I held on to the rocky wall behind me.

"Watch out!" Dwalin shouted, just a massive rock hurled its way at us, heading to the rocky cliff we were on. It crashed just above us, breaking into many pieces, and I saw Hermione pull out her wand, and a bright light emerged from it, making the rock pieces turn into water. As if we didn't already have more water on us, but it was quick thinking from Hermione. We all gathered ourselves and looked around to see where the rock had come from.

"This is no thunderstorm..." Balin began, looking out towards the other side of the valley. "It's a thunderbattle! Look!"

A large rocky giant picked up a large boulder, the size of a house, and threw it at another rock giant that was standing behind us, the boulder hitting the giant and nearly causing it to lose its balance. I gasped, watching as the two rocky giants battled each other, heading towards each other, throwing massive punches that gave a large cracking sound louder than the sound of lightning and throwing rocks at each other.

"Well bless me. The legends are true!" Bofur gasped. "Giants! Stone Giants!"

"Must you really marvel at them when they are battling and could potentially kill us?!" I shouted. Then, the giant that was standing in front of us threw another rock at the giant behind us and I raised my wand, ready to fight off any falling rocks.

"Take cover, you fool!" Thorin screamed, as Bofur was pulled back against the wall. Suddenly the rock we were on began to move, causing small rocks to fall down in front of us, and I realised that we were standing on a giant, as the rocky wall began to part.

"What's happening?" Kili yelled.

"Grab my hand!" Fili exclaimed, as he watched the mountain begin to part.

I gasped again as Kili, Thorin, Balin, Hermione, Gloin and Oin got further away from us, leaving the rest of us behind. I also saw that it was a leg of the third stone giant that I had guessed we were on. I looked up, seeing the head as the stone giant stood up, ready to join into the battle. Suddenly, one of the other giants walked towards the one we were on and head-butted it, causing the third giant to fall backwards and more rocks to fall down in front of us. I didn't care, as I held on for dear life to the rock wall I stood on.

Bombur, who stood behind me, grabbed my arm and I turned to him, one arm holding onto him while I reached out for Dwalin in front of me. He leant against the wall, holding onto Bilbo's arm. I so wished I could just blast the stone giants, but I kept my wand down, as casting a blasting spell might cause more damage than help.

"Can't you do something about this? Or is there something you can do?" Dwalin shouted.

"There are a few spells, but it might provoke them even more. Also, the spells I have in mind, might squash us all!" I yelled, rain still coming down upon my face.

The battle continued, with the stone giants throwing rocks at each other, causing more rocks to fall. Like Hermione, I casted transformation spells at the falling rocks, turning them into water so that they wouldn't hit us. But the falling rocks weren't the problem, but more the fact that because we were on the stone giants, we kept moving, almost falling down but we all held on the rocks we stood on. At least Hermione, who had made it onto a rocky path that was not moving, was safe and was trying to help us, but all she could do was cast spells at any rocks falling down on us. I knew that I had to do something, and so, reaching into my bag, I pulled out the Firebolt, and enlarged it, hopping on. I kicked off, much to the protests of the dwarves and hobbit behind me and flew to the sky, hopping to distract the stone giants.

Somehow, flying upwards and getting into their faces worked, as for some reason the giants could see me, despite me not being able to see their eyes, but their rock faces. They then began rocks at me, but as the giants were focused on me, this allowed the dwarves to jump from one leg to another, trying to move out of the way. A large boulder was headed in my direction and I pointed my wand at it, chanting, "Reducto!"

The blast caused the rock to burst into many little pieces, and this angered the giants, making them throw even larger rocks at me and at one point, one of the giants tried to grab me, but I casted the blasting spell again, causing its hand to fall off. I flew around their arms, over their heads and I looked back at Dwalin and the others, as they all jumped off the moving giant onto the path and sighed in relief as I saw Hermione and the others running towards them, helping them up. Suddenly, one of the giants fell, losing its balance and falling into the depths below. The other, who had lost its interest in me, walked away, allowing me to land near the company and running towards them, broom in hand.

I reached the company, and I could hear that Bofur was asking where Bilbo was. I then gasped as I saw him dangling from the edge and without thinking, jumped back onto the broom, flying to Bilbo.

"Hop on Bilbo! You're going to have to let go and hop on." I ordered. He looked at me, fear in his eyes and I sighed. "I've got you...don't worry. I will not let you fall."

He nodded, and letting go of one hand, he touched the broom, before placing the other on it, so that he was dangling from the broom. I flew upwards, were Oin and Bofur was ready to catch him and they held onto him, pulling him in close. I then landed on the path, hopping off, and smiling at Bilbo, who nodded his thanks. I then decided to hold the broom, just in case the giants came back. We all then rested against the rocky wall, trying to catch our breathes.

"Thank heavens for Ginny and her flying! I thought we lost our burglar!" Dwalin remarked, nodding in my direction.

"He's been lost ever since he left home. If it wasn't for Ginny, he would have perished. He should never have come. Like the witches, he has no place amongst us." Thorin snapped.

"Funny how you said the exact same thing about us, and now look at us. We've helped you and used our magic. Do not underestimate Bilbo." I growled. Thorin gave me a look, before turning around and walking ahead. I smiled at Bilbo, who gave me another grateful look and I saw Hermione nod.

There was an opening in the rocky wall, and Thorin nodded to Dwalin, who followed him. It was shelter, a cave of sorts, and while it wasn't much, it was enough to get us all out of the rain. I allowed the dwarves behind to me to walk past, as I kept watch out for any giants returning. The rain had subsided, becoming only a light patter but still cold. One by one, the dwarves headed into the cave, leaving only Fili, Hermione and myself. I walked up to them, waving my wand over the broom, shrinking it and placing it back into my bag.

"Thank Durin you're alright. I watch you and was so worried that they were going to harm you. But when you're on that thing, it's like nothing can touch you and you saved Bilbo! You saved us all but it really was remarkable. I really was worried that you would get hurt..." Fili rambled, reaching out to grab my hand, but then thought better of it. "Uh...good job, Ginny...you did well."

I blushed, smiling at him and he gave a small smile back. He then turned, heading into the cave.

"If I didn't know any better, he's got a crush and you do too." Hermione observed.

"Really? We just almost lost our lives to big stone fucking giants and I just risked my life distracting those giants and that's what you decide to talk about?" I muttered.

"What? I knew that you were alright. It's not like you haven't risked your life before so I knew you were okay." Hermione shrugged.

"Remind me why I'm best friends with you?" I uttered.

She smiled. "Oh come on you love me...and it seems I'm not the only one. Fili and Ginny, sitting in the tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes-"

I laughed as I casted a silencing spell on her, causing her to glare at me. I then removed the spell and she cleared her throat.

She sighed. "That was rude...but in all honesty, I am glad you're safe. Though, I knew you had it handled. Now, let us get out of this rain and into warmth."

0*0*0*0*0

Hermione's POV

The rain had started pouring down heavily again, after only a short break, and it was harder and darker than before. Thorin had ordered everyone to get some shut-eye, to get a break before we had to leave again. Of course, I argued, along with Balin and Bilbo about how we needed to wait for Athena and Gandalf, because apparently that was the plan that Ginny had told me about but Thorin wouldn't listen, though he looked worried when I mentioned Athena, as did Kili. So, with the company asleep inside the cave, I had opted to stay awake, keeping watch with Bofur, with Ginny getting some sleep so that she could take the next watch with Fili. Balin thought it would be best if one of us were awake just in case something happened. Not that it would, as the stone giants left and so far, my magical skills weren't needed but I was enjoying the conversation I had with Bofur. We sat just outside the cave, but were still covered from the heavy rain.

Bofur was telling me a story of his childhood, about how he tricked his brother into wearing their mother's dress and how his brother wore the dress to Thorin's birthday.

"He wore me mother's dress with pride, despite almost all of us, including Balin and Thorin too, telling him to take it off. Bifor pranced about like a pretty lady." Bofur exclaimed. I giggled at the image of the dwarf with an axe in his head dancing about in a dress in front of Thorin.

"It must have been a sight, Bifur in a dress with an axe in his head." I said. I noticed then that Bofur's face dropped and I frowned. "What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?"

"No lass..." He sighed, leaning back into the rocky wall behind us. "This happened before the dragon took our home. Bifor was injured during the war with the Orcs, after one of their scum attempted to kill him with an axe. Bifor was stronger though, surviving the injury. Though, we take it out, it might cause more damage, so we leave it in."

I touched his arm. "I'm sorry. But if you ask me, he seems stronger for it, despite the fact I can't understand him."

Bofur laughed. "That's because he's speaking old Dwarvish, our language. Now, lassie, I've been talking about my family all night and yet to hear something about you. Miss Ginny has told us a little bit about your world but you haven't. What about your parents?"

I pulled my arm away, clasping my hands together. It had been awhile since I thought about my parents, who were currently in Australia and had no clue who I was.

"My parents don't know who I am." I began. Bofur frowned and I sighed, continuing. "It's my fault, because I allowed it to be that way. It was before the war, though war started the moment Voldemort was resurrected. But Athena had found out about the horcruxes, things that could bring Voldemort down and defeat him, and we weren't going to back to school but instead go and find the horcruxes. I wanted to tell my parents, but I was scared. Scared of losing them, scared that they would want to come with me, you know help us. But I couldn't have that, so I performed a memory spell on them, making them forget they ever had a daughter."

"Lass..." Bofur whispered.

"I had to. Voldemort was not only killing witches and wizards, particularly those with muggle, that is human parents, or human partners, but his actions were affecting the muggle world. I made them forget, giving them the idea to leave England and settle down elsewhere. They live in Melbourne, and my father is a dentist, and my mother runs a bakery, something she always wanted to do but given my father's profession, but she won him around." I told him. My face felt wet and I knew it wasn't from the rain or the dampness nor the coldness. "I visit them sometimes, when I'm not chasing after former deatheaters or bad wizards. To them, I'm just a customer."

"But the war is over, isn't it? At least that what you told us back on the mountain top. Didn't Athena defeat this Voldemort? Surely, it's safe to reveal to them who you are?" Bofur questioned.

I shook my head. "There are still rogue deatheaters hanging about, and even if I could, many years have passed and I erased the memory of me completely. My mother doesn't remember giving birth or even being pregnant with me. It's for the best. The world is still dangerous for us muggleborns, even without the constant threat of former deatheaters. There are purebloods out there that wish to see muggleborns prove that they didn't steal their magic. Purebloods who believe that the community should be run by purebloods."

"Purebloods, milady?" Bofur asked.

"Witches and wizards who come from a long magical line. They can trace their magical ancestory back thousands of years. Ginny is a pureblood, but she's one of the Purebloods that accept all races. She doesn't care that I have muggle parents or that I was brought up in world entirely different from her own. Athena is half and half, that is half pure and half muggle. But she was raised by muggle guardians. Cruel muggles, but she came from the same world I did." I told him.

"Well milady, you have a family within me and me brothers. I speak for meself, Bifor and Bombour, that you are welcomed in our family. Bombour loves you and while you can't understand Bifor, he is fond of you too. All the dwarves are...fond of you all. I even think that Fili has a bit of a crush on miss Ginny." Bofur exclaimed.

I smiled, nudging his arm with my own, touched by his words and then tilted my head. "And about Fili and Ginny, I saw that the little exchange after Ginny's tricks on her broom. Those two are unbelievably cute. But, there is another crush in the air...Thorin and Athena, and Kili."

Bofur frowned. "Thorin, Athena and Kili?"

"I witnessed a moment between Thorin and Athena, and I've also witnessed the looks that Kili has given Athena." I informed him.

"Well...I have nothing to say to that." Bofur said. "Though I am surprised at Thorin as he rarely shows any affection. But if Athena is the object, I have a feeling those two will be an interesting match. Poor Kili..."

"Why poor Kili?" I asked.

"Because I fear that his heart will be broken. I fear for all their hearts, and mine too, because what if you all go home?" Bofur wondered.

I touched his arm. "If there was a way, we'd know about it by now. But I have a feeling that we might not be able to go home. And, if I'm being honest, I'm not sure I would want to. I guess that makes me selfish but our world is in good hands. At least I think it is, and staying here means we have the opportunity to help. To give help...and we're ourselves here. We can do magic and not be scolded at. You all accepted our magic, just like you accepted us."

"And we always will. Your magic has helped us, and I suspect it will for a long time. And you'll always have a family with us. We might even build you your own quarters once we reach Erabor! That'll be something. And just maybe, Athena will marry Thorin, with Ginny marrying Fili and if Kili gets any sense, he'll marry you!" Bofur grinned, grabbing my hand and kissing the top, which made me giggle.

"What about yourself? You're not so bad you know." I teased.

"Me? Oh lass, while I appreciate the thought, I much too old for you and besides, apparently, according to me mother, I'm betrothed to a lass from the Iron Hills, though she won't tell me who it is. And also, I think of you as me sister, which kind of makes me your brother. So any lad that wants your hand, has to go through me." Bofur promised.

I smiled, then leaned forward, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Bofur. I am glad that Ginny, Athena and myself have found family among you all."

He smiled back, blushing but nodded his head. "Aye, it'll be interesting. I have a question. You mentioned something about horcruxes? What in the blazes are those?"

"They are something that is evil, terrible. They are pieces of someone's soul and to create one is to do the evilest thing you could ever do. They are objects, with the person's soul inside them. Athena was one, and for it to be destroyed, she had to die." I informed him.

"But she's alive..." Bofur murmured.

"Yes, because Death allowed her to come back, after the horcrux inside her was destroyed. But that is more Athena's story to tell. I didn't die, but I came close." I explained, touching my Mudblood scar. Bofur saw me, and watched as I traced the letters that were burned onto my skin.

"Being tortured, it's a fate worse than death. But lass, they can never touch you again. Whoever they were and however it happened, for I do not know the story and I will not ask of it from you until you are ready, but it will not happen again. You have us now, and no-one will ever hurt you again." Bofur vowed.

I nodded. "Thank you..."

There was a moment of silence, as we processed the words we exchanged, until suddenly a crack of lightning made us both jump. We looked to the skies in shock, before turning to each other, laughing.

"Lass, given you're magical and all, is there anything you can do to stop this rain?" Bofur grumbled.

"There is, but I don't think it will stop it at this rate. The rain is falling down hard and now that lightning has arrived, I'm afraid we'll just have to wait it out." I spoke.

A sound of feet shuffling caused us both to look in the entrance of the cave and I saw that it was Bilbo, but he had his sack and his staff with him, as if he was going to leave.

"Bilbo...what?" I murmured, standing up and I saw Bofur stand up as well.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bofur asked as we moved towards the entrance. I could see the dwarves sleeping peacefully, unaware of Bilbo's disappearing act.

"Back to Rivendell." Bilbo told us.

"No, no...you can't turn back now, eh? You're part of the company. You're one of us...just like Hermione, Ginny and Athena is! You're our family." Bofur stated.

"Bofur is right, Bilbo. You're a part of us now. Don't give up yet." I murmured, touching Bilbo's shoulder. He placed a hand on top of mind, squeezing it.

"I'm not though, am I?" Bilbo muttered. "Thorin said I should never have come and he was right."

"He said that about Ginny, Athena and myself too, you know and now look at us. Don't let what Thorin says get to your head. He is wrong." I argued.

"But you're witches, and you have magic. I'm just a hobbit, nothing special about me. I'm not a Took, I'm a Baggins. I don't know what I was thinking. I should never have run out my door." Bilbo snapped.

"You're homesick, I understand." Bofur sympathised.

"No you don't! You don't understand. None of you do. You're dwarves, witches...You're used to this life. To living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere. And you Hermione, coming from a different world, not knowing what this world is like, but you adapted anyway! I'm starting to think you don't even want to leave or that you miss your home, the way you've been accepted." Bilbo ranted.

"Bilbo!" I snapped. "I get you miss home, but do not underestimate that I miss home because I do. You see, there is a difference between you and I. I may not be able to go home, let alone leave this world. So yes, I am accepting of this world and of this company because like you, they have shown me nothing but kindness, just like you did when you first met me and this is now my home, as I will probably never go back to my world. I miss my home, of course I do. I miss Ron, my other best friend, well all my friends, and I miss my cat, and I miss my books...so do not think I do not know what you're going through because I do. And so does Bofur."

Bilbo grimaced, his face apologetic. "I'm sorry...Truly I am...I didn't—"

He stopped, seeing the look on Bofur's face and dropped his head.

Bofur nodded slowly, looking at the sleeping dwarves in the cave, before turning back to Bilbo. "No, Hermione...he's right. We don't belong anywhere. Even you, because you're a part of us. Until we conquer the mountain, we're all just a bunch of wondering dwarves and witches. So, Bilbo, I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do..."

Bofur touched Bilbo's shoulder and I sighed, wishing there was something I could say to make him stay but instead, I leaned in, giving the Hobbit, who came up to my elbows, a hug. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, and he wrapped his free hand around my waist, as his other hand held his staff. We broke apart and I smiled at him. Bilbo nodded his goodbye to us, walking past us, heading out the entrance. Bofur noticed something, which made Bilbo turn around.

"What's that?" Bofur asked, causing Bilbo to turn around. He looked down, pulling out his sword, which was strapped to his waist and it shone a brilliant blue. I then remembered Gandalf saying something about the sword and what happens when it turns blue.

"Orcs...Didn't Gandalf say once that it will turn blue if there are Orcs present?" I muttered.

"Not just Orcs, but Goblins too..." Bilbo agreed. We all turned back to the cave and I watched as I saw Thorin stand up. The sand on the ground was moving, making a line around the dwarves. I then pulled my wand out, aiming towards the moving sand as Thorin began to shout.

"Wake up! Wake up!" He shouted. But before the dwarves could stand up, the ground shook, opening up and we all fell.

I screamed as the ground below me came undone, and Bofur grabbed a hold me, holding onto me as we fell. By now, everyone was awake and screaming, and falling. I grunted as we hit the rock walls that lead our path down to wherever we were heading. The pathway then turned into a long tunnel, leading us somewhere below the cave and I yelled out as I kept hitting the rocks in the path. Then the tunnel ended, making us fall into what looked like a cage and Bofur landed on wooden floor, with me on top. The others landed next to us, and I grunted again as Bilbo fell on me. We all then grumbled as Bombur fell on top of us. Then in a mad scramble to stand up, the sound of feet headed in our direction and I looked around, gasping as I saw what look like small goblin like creatures head our way. At first look, they were ugly, smelly and just plain ugly.

"Look out! Look out!" I heard a dwarf warn, but it was too late, as the goblins reached us.

I didn't have time to cast a spell, as one of the goblins grabbed me, and I screamed as it picked me up, taking my wand from me, tossing it and passing me onto the other goblins. I then casted a wandless burning spell and I laughed as the goblin holding me pulled his hands away as if they were on fire. He looked at me, before slapping me across my face and I gasped, but he grabbed me again.

"Stop struggling girl, or one of your dwarves will get it!" The goblin snarled and I stopped, allowing them to take me, as I feared for the company.

We all then began to struggle as the goblins lead us down the wooden pathway through the underground cave. I looked back, looking for my wand and saw that it was still in the wooden cage we landed in. I then saw Bilbo duck from the goblins, hiding himself away and sighed in relief. At least someone will be safe. My hands were free, as the goblins were holding onto my arms. I then grabbed the gallon necklace and rubbed the gallon, making it burn hot. Ginny, who was in front of me, turned her head around, as she felt the gallon burn. The goblins were holding onto her tight, and I saw that there was a goblin walking beside her holding her wand, and I cried out in frustration.

I could only hope that Athena was on her way, as we really needed their help now.

0*0*0*0*0

Athena's POV

I sat up, gasping myself awake as the gallon burned hot against my skin and I grabbed it, my mind wondering what was happening. I sat up in my bed, pulling my legs over the edge.

"Athena, what is it?" Gandalf asked, walking over to me.

"The gallon, our DA gallon, it burned, meaning there's a cry for help. Hermione or Ginny must be in danger, and if that's the case, then that means the company is too. If they kept to the plan, then they should be in one of those caves you mentioned." I told him.

Gandalf and I were on the cusp of the Rocky Mountains, having set up camp for the night before we braced the mountains. I had my tent, and Gandalf was in awe of the tent, as on the outside, it looked small, but inside, it was as large as an apartment. I had placed protection charms over it, so that Orcs and other things alike would not find us. We had wanted to go further, as Gandalf had informed Thorin of the Rocky Mountains and the caves hidden within them. The plan was for Thorin and the others to wait in one of the caves for our arrival, but knowing Thorin, they may have left early. Gandalf and I decided to rest one more night, and make our way to them in the morning, as the rain was pouring down heavily and Gandalf was worried about some creatures called the stone giants.

After lighting some candles up, as I had no lantern, Gandalf told me about the world of Middle Earth, the creatures and the people. He told me about the Lady Galadriel and her kin, along with Lord Elrond's family, which consisted of his two sons and his daughter. I had asked about the evils that Elrond had mention and why they once fought for peace, but Gandalf said that I didn't need to know, at least not yet anyway. He did promise to tell me one day. But now, we had more pressing matters to worry about. Gandalf had kept watch while I slept, and now stood near me.

"Those caves aren't ordinary caves. Blast! They must have been captured by the Goblins, as there are some caves that lead to the underground caves that the Goblins and their King call home. That is if they stuck to the plan." Gandalf muttered.

"Goblins? Okay, I can handle goblins." I said, pulling my hair back into a bun. It had gotten loose during the night. I looked down at my outfit, which was changed from the dress I wore to a pair of tights, a tunic with a belt wrapped around my waist and I quickly put on my black knee high leather boots.

"These goblins may not be like the ones in your world. They are quite gruesome, large, travel in large packs and they hate dwarves." Gandalf informed me.

"Well then, if that's the case, we need to hurry. If Hermione pressed the gallon, that means she couldn't use her magic to help them, and neither could Ginny. If they don't have their wands, the entire company is in danger." I remarked. "Hermione knows some wandless spells, but if they're up against packs of goblins, it still won't be enough. Any ideas on how to defeat them?"

"Yes, I do...and I think we'll be needing your fire dragon. I believe it will do just the trick."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 558 33
BOOK 1 | Bilbo X OC // Legolas X OC Avatar/Hobbit crossover ~ The only phenomenons that any creature of any given race can not stand up against, are...
551K 17.9K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
611K 13.8K 57
Aleana is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and a dear friend to Frodo Baggins. When the ring falls in the possession of Frodo, Gandalf asks Aleana to...
37.6K 754 39
What would happen if the One Ring, for the good part of just over ten years, had been in the safe possession of a young teenage girl that can withsta...