The Water Sprite

By moosesforgooses

Bai Qian, the young Princess of The Fox Clan flees the Den in search of peace and quiet after an argument bet... More

The Rock Pool
A Fated Meeting
An Unwanted Disciple
Mayhem on Kunlun Mountain
A New Beginning
Assessment of a War God
The Letter
Growth
Ascension
A Fated Witness
A High Immortal
Festival of Peaches
Confusion
Coronation
The Birthday Party
A Birthday Gift
A Soft Blush
Confessions
A Soldiers Return
Pirates Treasure
Kunlun Mountain
Suspicions
A Trial of Extremes
The Hunter
A Hunted Hunter
Heat
Flame on Flame
Rejected
The Healer.
An Eel
The Return
A High Goddess
The Interview.
A Deeper Understanding
Marriage
Final Preparations.
Dissension
Matrimony
Family
Epilogue

The Announcement

1.9K 45 5
By moosesforgooses

19,995 Years Ago

The following three days were a whirlwind of activity for Bai Qian.  For a woman who had lived so reclusively, it was exceptionally difficult for her, but for Mo Yuan, she put on a smile and kept in place for the entire ordeal.

The first day was a quiet meeting with Di Jun and then Lord Pua.  Of the two, she absolutely fell in love with Lord Pua.  Though she had only ever heard of his harsh punishments which he handed down without a second thought.  He was just as revered as Mo Yuan and was considered to be of the Elite, so she already had preconceived ideas about the man before she met him.  But she was pleasantly surprised to find that he was far from the omnipotent High God that she had in mind, in fact, he was the complete opposite.

Jovial, cheerful, welcoming and most humble.  She instantly struck up a rapport with the man.  

"I never thought the old bastard would marry." he said winking at her while gaining  a stunned giggle from her and an eye roll from Mo Yuan.

"Said the older bastard who has also yet to marry." Mo Yuan laughed.

Listening to them banter to and fro, she couldn't help but laugh at what the rest of the world would have seen as sacrilege.  That two highly revered High Gods cursing and throwing insults at each other without a care in the world was the highlight of the first three days.  She had thoroughly enjoyed her time with him, and between the three of them, a tentative date was set for 7 months time when the next auspicious date would fall, though this would also have to be discussed with her parents.  And being in the middle of spring when the peach blossoms would be in full bloom, she couldn't have been happier.

And throughout the whole meeting, he had talked to her as if she were the most interesting person he had ever met, while treating her as part of the furniture in that she felt so welcome and comfortable in his presence, that she wondered how on earth he had gained the name of 'Executioner' when he was warm and genial.  His good natured disposition instantly had her at ease, that by the time it came to leave, she knew she had just made a new friend, one she couldn't wait to meet him again.

Leaving his private Palace, she clung to Mo  Yuans arm as he led her back to his own personal Palace, the same one she had unintentionally found herself when she ran from the Festival of Peaches and almost knocked Di Jun off his feet.

Her meeting with him had been nerve wracking for her.  The man remained reclined against his resting stool the entire time.  

"The two men are so different to each other Mo Yuan." she said as she compared the two.

"Oh?" he asked smiling at her knowing what was coming.  

"Well I mean, Lord Donghua is so....." she hesitated trying to think of an appropriate word that wouldn't have her facing lightening bolt punishment.  She might be a High Goddess, but he was the most revered of them all.

Stopping in mid-stride, Mo Yuans grin widened.  He knew exactly what she was trying to convey.  

"Inscrutable?" he asked, his eyes twinkling down at her.

Looking up at him grinning, she nodded.  "Yes Inscrutable.  He is an enigma.  I just don't get him Mo Yuan.  I mean,I don't know if he likes me or not, or even if he knew I was even in the same room....." she trailed off now feeling as if she said any more she would dig a certain hole for herself.

Laughing at her Mo Yuan knew what she meant.  "Don't let him bother you Qian Qian.  I have known the man since I was a child and even I don't understand him, but I can tell you that he definitely likes you." he said lightly flicking her cheek with his finger.

"He does? How do you know?" she asked now curios.

"Because I love you." he said suddenly making her blush, which earned her a soft chuckle as he drew her into his arms before continuing on their journey back to his Palace.

"Well compared to Lord Pua, they couldn't be any different she said giggling beside him.

Laughing, something he had been doing a lot of that day, he glanced side ways at her flushed cheeks.

"Don't underestimate Lord Pua Qian Qian.  What you saw was only one facet of the man.  And believe me when I say, he has earned his nickname." he said as they reached the double doors that brought back a rush of memories.

"Well, I'm sure you have earned yours too, but that doesn't stop me loving you." she said giggling as she pushed the doors open while ignoring the look he was giving her.

Entering his chamber behind her, he swiftly closed the doors and bolted them before moving past her to throw a spell at the hearth.  It wasn't cold, but the hearth added a pleasant homely feel.  

Turning slowly, she smiled softly.  "It still looks exactly as I remember it." she said moving towards the plush seating she had sat and talked to him all those years before, only to have Mo Yuan moving in behind her to gently turn her around.

"What nickname do I have Qian Qian?" he asked looking at her genuinely interested.  Being the Heavenly Lord, no one would dare to inform him of one if he had one, but her words made him curious as to how he was viewed by those who did not know him.

But the moment the question left his mouth, she immediately began to squirm uncomfortably.  The truth was, she had merely said that as a joke, he had no nickname, or not one she knew about, which only increased her discomfort, because she had no way out.  If she said he didn't have one, he would think she was merely trying to save his pride.  Unsure where to go with it since she started it, she tried to make light of it instead.

Wrapping her arms about his waist, she pulled him in.  "Mo Yuan, you are known as The Greatest man ever to walk the Realms.  You are untouchable and so revered that lightening bolt punishment awaits anyone who doesn't know you personally if they repeat your name."  she whispered up at him.  It wasn't a lie, and she had a strong suspicion that he had probably heard it mentioned anyway, that she thought she had managed to wrangle her way out of what could have been a tricky situation, only to have Mo Yuans eyes widening even more.

"Who on earth came up with that?" he asked stunned.  It was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard in his life.

"I honestly don't know, but I heard it when I was little.  I guess it's one of those stories parents tell their children to teach them reverence for their elders." she said before realizing too late what she had just said, because the moment the words left her mouth, Mo Yuans eyes quirked upwards.

"Oh?  An elder?  Then what does that make you?" he asked watching her squirm uncomfortably as she took a step back.

"Mo Yun, that's not what I meant.  I mean, I don't see you as an elder, just someone who is much older than I am..." she said before smacking her mouth and slumping her shoulders in resignation.

"Ahhh, well yes, I do have a few years up on you my dear, but I just had a thought." he said slowly closing the gap as she stood rooted to the spot.

"I do recall a conversation we had when you were little.  You thought I had four heads and eight arms.  Now tell me, where did that come from." he asked smirking at her as he grabbed her about the waist to hold her in place.

Almost choking, she had completely forgotten about that reference.  Bai Zhen had told her that to scare her, and it had worked because she completely believed it.

"Well, it was more of an allegory Mo Yuan, because you oversee the four seas and eight lands." she explained now wishing he would just stop because this was a kind of banter she could not match him in.

Laughing, he shook his head at her.  "To be honest, I had never heard anyone mention that until I met you.  I had to ask Di Jun, who informed me it was a common term used to describe me.  Had you not thought I would kill you with my eight arms before eating you with my four heads, I would never have found out about it." he laughed and to her relief the light banter was over, because within seconds, she was not only in his arms, but her entire body was lifted off the floor as he carried her back to his day bed.

"What are you doing?" she squealed giggling at him.

"I plan on killing you softly with my eight arms and eating you with my four heads." he said as his mouth completely took over her own.

That had been the first, day.  The second day he had arranged a meeting with the rest of the Celestial Tribes Gods and Goddesses.  This was not a meeting she enjoyed because they were too focused on her appearance.  The women spent more time discussing her dress and hair style which was her typical style rather than discussing issues that interested her.  And that was what roles they played within the running of the Celestial Heavens.  Though it was lost on all of them because all they seemed to care about was fashion, travelling, and what everyone else was doing with their lives.  The gossip about people she didn't even know, was horrendous.

 While the men ogled her openly while keeping the conversation light and to her, it seemed as if they were seeing her as if she had no brain to converse on any subject of substance that in the end, she merely moved to the side to look out over the Lotus pond to watch the mandarin ducks.  She lost interest in them all very quickly, that Mo Yuan didn't keep her there much longer after that.  It seemed to him, that though she would fit in well within his own tight circle of friends, when it came to the rest, she would not.

By the third day, and once all introductions were made, the official announcement of their engagement was made.  This was quite an involved process because of their positions in society.  She knew that marrying Mo Yuan would not be a simple affair that her Clan were used to.  As The Heavenly Lord of the entire world, marriage to him meant involving the entire wold which she was not prepared for.  

Most patiently and gently he explained the process to her as he took her through each step.  And knowing how uncomfortable she was with being centre stage, he ensured the entire process was over in a day, so she would not have to suffer through it any longer than necessary.

First the announcement of their engagement were drawn up. To be notified, were every world leader, head generals, ministers, advisers and other important people that she forgot the names of which they both had to sign and having no seal of her own, being one who did not normally send out personal missives, one had to be created for her.  And this was the only fun thing she had to do the entire day.  

Selecting a stamp in the shape of a nymph, something Mo Yuan found hilarious because a nymph was also a Water Sprite, she decided that it would forever remain her personal seal and their secret, because as far as she was aware, only her family knew he had been a water sprite.

Once the seal was ready, there were literally hundreds of scrolls she had to stamp while at the same time learn the names of every world leader, and there were hundreds of them.

After that, she then had to learn the different bows associated with each leader as well as the eight bows that Mo Yuan himself was accorded depending on the occasion, which she found absurd.

"Why are there so many bows Mo Yuans.  Surely one is more than sufficient for any man." she moaned, which Mo Yuan agreed with.

"Technically, not all bows are used.  I prefer the one bow as long as it is given with the heart.  But because we are marrying my dear, it is best to learn them because you too will take on the eight bows as a given right." he said which had her eyes widening up at him.

"That won't be necessary, one is sufficient." she said adamantly.

"Alright, one it is.  But ..."

No buts Mo Yuan.  I don't care about stuffy protocols, I won't accept more than one." she said and she meant it.

Smiling at her, Mo Yuan let it rest, because they then had to go through the Wedding date announcements which would be sent out two weeks after the Engagement Announcements, and that meant more scrolls to add her seal to.

And that was followed by the Invitations, which she was to add as many names as she could think of, while the rest would be added to by her parents.  These names were then to be sent away to the engravers who would recreate the names in beautiful calligraphy before being made into special stamps and the stamp would be used on the Invitations along with the seating arrangements and wedding favours which was to be the stamp itself.

It took the entire day, but by the end of it, she was not only exhausted, but the reality that she was finally getting married had fully sunk in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 154 15
It's a fanfic of Krishna and balraam and Relationship of Daau bhaiya urf Balraam, Vishu and Krishna. Vishu consider both of them her lovely brother...
780 86 11
قصه جانبية عن لعبه Yandere simulator ابطالها ماسوتا بودو و ايانو ايشي تدور الاحداث بعد رفض سينباي (يامادا تارو) لايانو تسبب الامر في صدمه لها عند...
8.3K 920 50
☑ COMPLETED "There are enough bad things in life, hold on to whatever it is that gives you joy." For the past 22 years, the Empress Mother has held o...
3.6K 87 31
She's the Queen who lost a war. And he's the man who won. Theodora was the Queen of Polis, a city-state that lost the war against the most powerful e...