The Hellwalker Roams: A DOOM...

By After_Hours_Writer

A lone man, one long forgotten by all, returns to his home planet, only to see nothing but death and abandonm... More

Dorado: Returning to Ruins
Dorado: A New Purpose
Dorado to Denver: Finding Grand Mesa
Denver: The Grand Mesa Massacre
Denver to London: Look at the Time
London: They've Followed
London: A Tense Enlistment
London to Gibraltar: Base of Operations
Gibraltar: The Oddest of the Bunch
Gibraltar to Brazil: Carnival
Brazil to Gibraltar: Summer Heat
Gibraltar to Russia: A Common Enemy
Gibraltar to Russia: The Beginning
Russia: Fallen From Grace
Russia: A Familiar Face
Russia to Gibraltar: Like Old Times
Gibraltar: The Googly Eyed Menance
Gibraltar to Junkertown: Barren Wasteland
Junkertown to Numbani: The Plan
Numbani: Celebrities
Numbani: The Scourge Returns
Numbani: Doom
Numbani to Gibraltar: A Much Needed Break
Gibraltar: A New Marine
Gibraltar: Invasion
Gibraltar to Cairo: The Demon Program
Cairo to Gibraltar: Our Next Plan of Attack

Brazil: Talon

19.2K 265 704
By After_Hours_Writer

Widowmaker's POV

One shot, one kill. It's all that I need. A single death can change everything.

And everything was going exactly as I expected it.

*Pow!*

What the-!?

*Ting!*
*Crack!*

It was a headshot, yes, but the bullet had ricochet off of the unknown man's helmet, leaving only a small crack on the visor.

Widowmaker: Unbelievable...

Looking back into the scope, I noticed several faces staring back at the building I was on, including one of the utmost annoyance.

Of course. The annoying Brit.

Reaper: Amélie. Status.

Pressing onto the earpiece I had on my right ear, I responded.

Widowmaker: Missed the shot.

Reaper: You missed?

Rolling my eyes, I continued.

Widowmaker: Overwatch is here.

Reaper: Of course they are. How many?

Widowmaker: Four.

The one in the green suit I had shot was separate from the others.

Where did he go?

As if to make matters worse, the sound of our armed forces screams and machine gun fire  echoed from below me.

Insufferable swine.

Widowmaker: They have my location.

Reaper: Leave. We'll have a chopper en route.

Turning around and extending out my recon visor, I saw the man running up the stairs towards my location alone.

Adorable.

Tossing a venom mine above the doorway, I aimed the scope at the man's head and waited as he stood at the door.

Rapprocher un peu...
(Come a little closer...)

Watching the man, he pulled out some sort of device from his suit and squeezed it, remaining motionless at the door.

What are you up t-?

The man somehow noticed the mine above the door, staring at it with an assault rifle aimed at it.

Damn. He knows.

Running away, the man opened the door and began to chase me down, firing the machine gun in his hands. Jumping off of the rooftop, I used the grappling hook to grapple onto another roof and propelled myself towards it. Reaching the other rooftop, I used the momentum to go higher. In doing so, I aimed my rifle at the building, only to see the man leaping towards me.

!

No longer aiming the scope, I held the trigger as I landed on my feet, letting the bullets hit him. In doing so, they too ricochet off him with small sparks. As the man ran towards me, he knocked the weapon out of my hands with his arm. In response, I had circled my leg towards his helmet to roundhouse kick him, but he had grabbed my leg and tossed me aside like a doll.

Hnrgh! Annoying piece of-.

Looking up to see the chopper above me, I grappled onto it and smirked at the man as he began to run towards me again. Leaving him behind, I climbed onto the chopper and joined my associates in silence.

Doomfist: Where is your weapon?

Pointing down at the man, my boss rolled his eyes and motioned the pilot to leave.

Doomfist: He can have it. We'll have to make a better one.

Reaper: Failed again, I see.

Widowmaker: Your track record isn't exactly perfect, Gabriel.

The three of us began to have thoughts about the unknown assailant of our plan.

Doomfist: Who exactly is that man?

Widowmaker: That's what I want to know.

Reaper: Another wannabe from Overwatch. Add him to the list.

Doom Slayer's POV

[OUT OF RANGE]

Damn.

Putting the Gauss Cannon away, I noticed the assassin's weapon on the ground beside me and picked it up. An odd looking purple rifle that somehow became a sniper rifle through transformation, though how was a mystery.

Tiny little thing.

VEGA: When compared to the UAC's arsenal, most conventional weaponry would be considered "tiny".

Lena: You alright, love?

Turning around to see Lena and Hana in what was the world's smallest mech, I nodded.

Where's Brigitte and what's his face?

VEGA: Where is Brigitte and Lúcio?

Hana: They're at the ship now. We came to check on you.

I'm coming.

Lena: Looks like Widowmaker did a number on that visor of yours.

Lucky shot.

Hana: Did she get rekt, m8?

Did she get what?

Tilting my head in confusion, she tried again.

Hana: Did ya beat her?

VEGA: She escaped.

Lena: What!?

But she left her weapon behind.

Holding out the rifle I had picked up, the young girl took it as we begun our walk towards the ship.

But first...

That's better.

VEGA: There are many strange and horrifying things I can believe you'd do. This was not one of them.

Overwatch Command Ship...

Lúcio: You sure you're not a fan, wanting my autograph?

Brigitte: No, we're not. Well, I'm not. They'll be back any minute now.

Walking into the ship, I was met with Brigitte and Lúcio. Hana, as hyper as she was, jumped out of her mech and ran towards him with a notebook.

Hana: Lúcio!

The man seemed to have had the same response.

Lúcio: Hana Song! In the flesh!

Uhh....What?

Hana: You wouldn't mind me getting an autograph, would you?

Lúcio: Not as long as I get yours.

Hana: Of course.

Rubbing The top of my helmet in confusion, the young mechanic approached me with a hint of concern, tracing the crack that the assassin's bullet had created on the visor.

Brigitte: You alright, Walker?

I nodded.

Tis but a scratch, literally.

Brigitte: It looks easily repairable.

Easily? Lady, how is this easy for you?

Lúcio: I gotta thank you guys for saving my tail today.

Lena: Just doing our job, love.

Lúcio: And what job is that?

Lena: Overwatch.

The man seemed surprised by the name.

Lúcio: Overwatch?

Lena: What? Never heard of us?

Lúcio: No, I mean....Of course I have, it's just...I didn't think Overwatch would ever come back.

Lena: I'm gonna start up the ship, have us take us back to base. Come with me, Lúcio. Tell me more.

Hana: Hold up. I'm tagging along for this.

What the hell just happened?

Brigitte: Come on. Let's patch up that suit of yours.

Nodding in agreement, I began to walk beside her towards the storage bay.

Brigitte: Nice action figure by the way.

FINALLY!

Unknown Location...
3rd Person POV

Moira: How are you feeling, LaCroix?

Widowmaker: I don't feel. Isn't that the point?

Moira: Very well.

Talon's biggest names sat around a long table, with an image of the Doom Slayer and the others in Brazil.

Moira: A .50 caliber round to the face, and yet only a small crack in the visor. Quite the heavy grade material he's using.

Doomfist: A portable, Crusader grade armor.

Reaper: The same kind of armor tons of fun and his orphan child uses themselves.

Sombra: Oh, please. Armor like that can be destroyed with ease.

Reaper: By hacking?

Sombra: Everything can be hacked, Gabriel. And everyone.

Reaper: I already regret bringing you in.

Doomfist: Enough. Both of you.

Silence.

Doomfist: A suit of that caliber can enhance our forces exponentially, regardless of what it is made from. We will be prepared for our next encounter against this man, and being him here, dead or alive.

???: He is much more than a man.

Turning their heads, the group noticed an unfamiliar old woman in their midst.

Moira: And here I thought I was the old hag.

Sombra: Easy pickings...

Sombra, in an attempt to hack the woman's body, discovered that the woman could not be hacked, and showed it to everyone.

Sombra: Wait, what the-?

???: I do not know what dark art you are trying to perform,  but it will not work.

Reaper: And who are you to just barge in unannounced?

???: I am what you people consider the lowest form of scum.

Doomfist: Get security on her. We will not waste anymore time on this wretch.

???: Might I reconsider?

With a snap of her finger, several heavily armed guards entered the room, aiming their rifles at the group instead of the unknown woman.

Moira: What is the meaning of this!?

Reaper: Of course they would backstab us. They're a dime a dozen.

Doomfist: Enough of this!

More silence.

Doomfist: What do you want?

???: I came to send a message.

Widowmaker: And that is-?

???: How far low are you willing to go to better humanity through conflict? You cannot kill the Scourge of Hell alone. Are you willing to make a deal with the devil?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 903 25
Your a bounty hunter with a bad past. You have no one to love but your little sister. That soon changes for you
5.2K 49 24
(Complete) Idk what to really put here, its a love story between Tracer and a Male Talon agent so um...enjoy? 😇 They're working now! The pictures th...
92.7K 1.3K 43
Will she be you're first weakness?
18.7K 256 8
This is about Y/N. At the age of 16 you lost your left hand to a Bastion unit and got it replaced with a robot hand. At 18 years old you became a gun...