The Unclaimed Daughter of Sir...

By KayCeeBlakey

Siera Black has lived a very unremarkable and poor life. At 11 years old she gets the letter from Hogwarts, t... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Author's Note

Chapter 34

5K 292 131
By KayCeeBlakey

Sirius and George were a few feet apart. Sirius was standing, and George was sitting. Sirius was glad for that, how was he supposed to have a father to boyfriend of daughter conversation when said boyfriend was a giant?

Sirius crossed his arms and pursed his lips, looking down at the boy.

He had never doubted that the boy liked his daughter, she was beautiful after all, just like her mother, and she was one of the most intelligent and funny people he had ever met.

Sometimes he was surprised she was related to him, then he would remember how he had acted while in school with James and Lupin.

He had been so carefree back then, there was never a moment that he wasn't smiling about something.

Siera reminded him of that version of himself, it was enough to make him think she could get away with anything if she just smiled at him.

Even though Sirius had known that George liked his daughter, was kind to her, and obviously made her happy he hadn't realized how deep the attraction ran.

He remembered being with Claire, when they had actually been together.

Their romance had been doomed from the beginning. She came from a wealthy muggle household, and while he was rich by wizard standards he looked destitute in the eyes of her family.

Not to mention she was a muggle, and therefore hated by his family.

They had gone against their family's wishes and fallen in love so quickly Sirius had felt as if he had stopped breathing.

Then, when she found out about the wizarding world he could feel her withdrawing from her.

He tried to show her the beauty in it, the fun that people could have in Diagon Alley, the wealth that he had in Gringots.

She was not impressed, though, she couldn't see past her fear of the unknown.

One night, he awoke and the bed that they had bought together was empty and all of her things were gone.

He never saw her again.

But he remembered while they were together, that he would have done anything for her.

Even step in front of a killing curse.

Now, here he stood, in front of the man who had sacrificed his life for Siera's and he could feel his heart beating quickly with anxiety as he prepared himself for his speech.

"George," Sirius started, aware that the boy had now given him his full attention. "I know that I haven't been all that nice to you since I found out about you and Siera dating. I'm not apologizing for that, I suspect your father will do the same for Ginny if he ever meets one of her boyfriends. Anyways, you probably think I hate you. That may have been true a while ago, but I got used to the idea of you two being together and now you aren't that bad."

Sirius paused and let out a heavy breath, sinking into a chair not far from George's bed.

He put his head in his hand for a moment and then looked up at George again, who was staring at Sirius hopefully.

"I came in here to tell you thank you."

George let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding.

"Thank you for saving Siera's life... and I guess mine also. I don't know what I would have done, had I lost her too. From what Harry's told me, I guess this isn't the first time. He tells me that you've helped her ever since you two have met."

Sirius looked into George's eyes and shook his head, "You've been in love with my daughter since you laid eyes on her, haven't you?"

George flushed, "Y-yes sir."

Sirius shook his head ruefully and laughed, running a hand down his face. "Well, it's no surprise you did what you did then." Sirius leaned closer and looked deep into George's eyes. "I probably don't need to tell you this, but it's kind of my job. If you hurt my daughter, you will regret it."

"I would never-" George started, but Sirius held a hand up.

"I know, I know. I've been in your shoes before. Hopelessly in love, feeling yourself tethered to another person forever... I've experienced it all. But I also experienced heart break. Siera's mum and I, we never got to make up. So don't take for granted Siera's love. I thought that love could break through every boundary, but I was wrong. Always pay attention to her wants and never push her."

"You sound like you're giving her away." George murmured, cocking his head to the side and looking at Sirius in confusion.

Sirius chuckled, "In a way, I am. I'm giving you my blessing to love my daughter. Which, in the eyes of a father, is kind of like taking her away... you will understand one day."

Sirius stood and patted George's shoulder, "Remember what I told you. I know very painful curses."

                                                                                        ********

 "Are you sure you don't want any further testing done?" A doctor asked George hopefully. 

Siera could see the gleam of interest in his eyes as they roamed towards George's back.

George shook his head quickly and groaned, "No more tests. I just want to get out of here."

"Mr. Weasley, I know it's your body but as a medical professional-"

"As a medical professional all you want to do is examine him like some bug under a microscope. leave the boy be." Sirius interrupted the doctor, who paled considerably and snapped his mouth shut.

"Sorry sir, do whatever you wish." The doctor said to George, avoiding eye contact with Sirius.

Ever since Sirius and George's little talk, they had been acting differently around each other. For starters, Sirius didn't want to rip George's head off and George actually talked normally around him.

It was both refreshing and strange to Siera, who had expected Sirius to hate George and George to fear Sirius for the rest of their lives.

Siera had no idea what they had spoken about in the room, but whatever it was, she was glad it had been said.

George pulled a curtain around himself and threw the plain gray sweatsuit provided by the hospital into a bin. 

When he emerged from behind the curtain he wore a pair of his comfortable jeans and a royal blue t-shirt.

Siera could have cried, she hadn't realized how much she missed him being in regular clothes.

He was standing up also, which hadn't been allowed before that moment for more than a few minutes at a time.

He towered over all of them, save for his twin brother, his shoulders had broadened and his arms had become slightly larger. He had cords of muscle that, when paired with the way he walked, made him seem like a jungle cat. Lean and mean.

He waltzed over to Siera and put an arm around her shoulder, kissing her temple. 

"Are you ready for me to get out of here?" He asked her with a grin that made her heart stop.

"We all are, George." His mum said, smiling warmly at her son.

Siera knew how worried Mrs. Weasley had been all of this time. Not only for George but for her other children. What would they do if one of their own was torn from the tight knit family of the Weasleys?

She'd seen the aftermath of the death of Cedric Digory, a distant family friend at the most, and yet they were all down for months afterwards.

At the thought Siera ran her hand down George's arm, reminding herself that he was there next to her.

He looked down and smiled at her, his eyes warming up her heart.

Fred stepped in front of them, "After all of the paperwork gets done are you ready for your surprise?"

Siera grinned, "I almost forgot!"

"What surprise?" George asked.

Ginny and Fred shared a conspiratorial look.

"You'll see," Ginny said with a giggle, "you're both going to like it. I promise."

"Just trust us." Fred admonished, then turned to his father when he walked through the door.

"We're almost ready, we just need your signature George."

George nodded and left Siera's side to follow his dad out of the door.

Sirius came up to Siera and ruffled her hair affectionately.

"Are you happy?"

"Of course! I've been looking forward to this moment since he woke up." She hated hospitals, not only did they bring back bad memories but she also felt as if she was closer to losing George if he was constantly in the place where people came to die.

"Then that makes me happy," Sirius smiled and let her go, listening to Lupin as he talked spoke about something in a whisper.

Siera waited very impatiently for George to come back.

She was so excited, the first thing they were going to do is formulate a game plan for what was next with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

After a few long, boring nights in the hospital room they had decided on the name.

It was catchy and also an alliteration, which Siera loved.

George came back through the room looking relieved. "I'm ready!"

They all joined hands and Mrs. Weasley apparated them. 

Siera felt herself being pulled inside out and then she was in the familiar living room of the burrow.

She smiled at the smell of delicious home cooked food and plopped down on the comfortable couch.

"I've missed this place." George said, collapsing next to her.

"I've made a huge dinner for us, all of your favorites George. Ginny, Ron, come help me sit up."

Ron grumbled, but followed her and his sister into the kitchen.

"Why doesn't Fred help too?" 

"George is Fred's twin you moron." Ginny told him, pushing him into the doorway.

Sirius and Lupin went through the door,

Siera noticed that Lupin seemed a little more down than usual, even though George was coming home.

In fact he had seemed pensive for a while now. It wasn't uncommon but he had been a tiny bit happier beforehand.

Mr, Weasley went to the dining room, probably to wait for dinner, while Hermione scribbled on a piece of parchment.

"I've got to let Harry know you're home, Ron told me he was going to do it but he forgot of course."

Fred chuckled, "Are you surprised?"

"Not really." Hermione sighed and continued writing furiously, probably ranting about how irritating Ron was.

Siera and Ginny, and probably Harry too, knew that Hermione loved Ron, but no matter how much you love someone you can still want to hit them upside of the head for doing stupid things.

 "So when are we going to see this surprise?" George asked his twin in excitement.

"After dinner probably."

Siera groaned and draped herself across George dramatically, "I want to know now."

"Be patient, Siera, it's worth it." Fred told her and then stood up, "let's go get dinner."

"Why is he being so secretive?" Siera wondered out loud.

"I have no idea, he always tells me stuff so this must be an important surprise."

"Time for dinner!" Mrs. Weasley yelled from the kitchen.

Everyone gathered around the dinner table, which was filled with delicious looking food and tons of butterbeer.

Siera loved butterbeer, but it was expensive so she usually didn't buy it.

Siera sat down next to George and they all dug in to the food.

There was no conversation, they were all too concerned witht he food in front of them.

                                                                                ********

"Are you ready for your surprise?" Ginny grabbed Siera ang George by their wrists and pulled them off of his bed.

"Yes!" They said in unison.

Ginny giggled and they followed her into the living room.

"Is it big?" Siera asked her for the hundredth time.

Ginny just winked at her.

Fred joined them in the living room, Sirius, Lupin, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley followed behind him.

"It must be a huge surprise if everyone is here." George muttered to her.

"Siera, George," Mrs. Weasley put her arms around them and pulled them into her chest.

Siera realized that Mrs. Weasley was crying as she withdrew.

Mr. Weasley patted his son on the shoulder and hugged Siera.

"What's happening dad?" George asked, looking at them all strangely.

Sirius came up to Siera and for some reason his eyes were watering slightly.

"I love you." Sirius told her, and then hugged her.

Siera was confused, but she hugged him back. Sirius clutched her to him for a few moments and then pushed her away.

He looked at George and a meaningful look seemed to pass between the two.

After that it was a blur of hugs and confusing words that seemed to say goodbye without actually saying goodbye.

The next thing Siera knew Fred grabbed George and Siera's hands and apparated them.

Siera stumbled when they reappeared in a... store?

"Where are we?" Siera asked Fred, sidling closer to George as she looked around.

The store was dark and seemed as if it were closed. Were they breaking and entering?

Fred shushed them and disappeared behind a shelf.

After a moment there was a flick, and the lights flooded on.

Siera felt George gasp next to her and she looked up at him.

"Is this?"

"It's Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!"

Siera looked around and realized that the store they stood in was almost identical to the rough sketches they had drawn for their own store.

"Fred, it's amazing." 

"I know, Ginny helped me of course. Everyone did, but Ginny was the biggest help."

"It's beautiful." Siera told him, feeling her face stretch into a smile.

"This isn't all! Wait until you see the upstairs."

Fred lead them through a room to the stairs that had once led up to the dingy upstairs loft.

Bow, the stairs were blocked by a pretty oak colored door.

Fred opened it and gestured for them to go up the stairs.

Siera and George went up slowly. The stairs no longer creaked under their weight and the stairway was lighted up with a single bright glass bulb.

At the top of the stairs Siera gasped.

In front of her lay what looked to be a small carpeted living room. Soft beige carpet, a brown leather sofa with a matching coffee table and television.

To the right there was a small kitchen with shiny new appliances and beautiful white marble counter tops

To the left there were three doors.

When Fred opened the middle door for them there was a small bathroom, the door to the right was 'his' room.

"The door on the right," Fred said with a grin, "is yours." He pointed to Siera and George.

"Ours?" Siera's eyes widened. "Are you crazy?"

She entered the room which was dominated by a large comfortable bed covered with a maroon comforter and fluffy black pillows.

The bay window on the wall had an amazing view of Diagon Alley. Siera believed that she would spend most of her time on that window drawing the people and things below.

"Siera, our clothes are already in here." George was standing in front of a closet that was already filled with clothes.

"Fred?" Siera looked at him, "Did you steal my clothes?"

Fred chuckled and shook his head, "Sirius and Lupin brought them here."

"What about Georgy?"

"He's downstairs, he claimed the store floor as his own on the first day."

"So, while I was in the hospital you moved us into this house?"

Fred nodded, "Do you like it?"

"We love it Fred!" Siera hugged him and kissed his cheek. "I can't believe my dad let me move in though."

Siera saw George flush and he looked away, "I'm not."

"Why not?" 

George smiled secretly and changed the subject, pointing out how nice the paintings on the wall were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.2K 109
*Marauders Era* *Remus Lupin x OC* Lucius Malfoy's sister finally meets the Marauders, see what happens and how friendships and possible relationship...
2.3M 79.3K 42
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic Harry Potter Fanfiction reading list! -- When your mind is all you can trust, what happens when your memorie...
415K 10.5K 94
Delaney McKinnon, the daughter of the late Marlene McKinnon was raised by wolves. Well, really a rather gentle werewolf who also happened to be her g...
126K 4.9K 21
Maia Black, daughter of mass murderer, Sirius Black, is entering Hogwarts for her first time. After being guarded from the real world by her 'Uncle M...