Teardrops of Roses [Completed]

By UltimateSoul

Previously known as: My Crush, My Teacher, My Rapist. [1st on #ForbiddenRomance 31/08/2019 & 19/02/2024] [2nd... More

Prologue -
Chapter 1: Old in Town
Chapter 2 - New in Town
Chapter 3: Such a chore
Chapter 4: Rosen
Chapter 5: Stairs
Chapter 6: B Minus
Chapter 7: Play it Vivace!
Chapter 8: Just a short ride
Chapter 9: A trolley of cats
Chapter 10: Photo with the Idol
Chapter 11: Soft Extra
Note
Chapter 12: Sunlight Scene
Chapter 13: Work, school, and piano
Chapter 14: Raindrops. Flooded Carparks.
Chapter 15: Triades
Chapter 16: Unravel
Chapter 17: Balling
Chapter 18: Print these Copies
Chapter 19: Dark Halls and Corridors
Chapter 21: Lea, she's here!
Chapter 22: Unhappy
Chapter 23: Soft rain on the window pane
Chapter 24: Heart Sickness
Chapter 25: I hate dress shopping
Chapter 26: Snake Grips in Auditoriums and Music Rooms
Chapter 27: Purple Flowers in Ashen Moonlight
Chapter 28: You, drive?
Chapter 29: TV & Supply Closets
Chapter 30: School Ball Night
Chapter 31: Tormented Wolf | Asphalt Carparks
Chapter 32: Definition of a Party
Chapter 33 Chains
Chapter 34 Heart Pieces in the Wind
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Author's Notes & Acknowledgements
FAQ

Chapter 20: Pancakes and TV Shows

2.1K 102 11
By UltimateSoul

Aww look his nose is even red and his eyes a bit puffy. Still handsome as ever though

~❤~

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y

"H-hunger o-over?" I stuttered in a whisper, repeating his words to myself in disbelief. He looked at me with haggard eyes and folded his arms over his chest.

"And hungry." He added softly. 

"And hungry." I repeated in a small whispered to myself again, as if repeating his words would reassured me I was hearing correctly. I turned to him abruptly suddenly overcome with the desire to yank the blanket right off. Was I really freaking out about him when he was hungover all this time?! This jerk!

"I can't help but think that isn't this a bit unprofessional, you have a lesson to teach. You're ten minutes late now! " 

Mr. Green coughed slightly and rubbed his nose. That's right caught, I thought.  
He let out a sigh in defeat and snuggled into the blanket I worked hard to get, looking more like an eskimo buried in snow than my teacher who was meant to be giving me a piano lesson any minute now. 

"Okay" He resigned finally.
After a few more seconds, he propped himself up slowly onto his elbow, moaning like a heavy door as he tried to get up. I rolled my eyes.

He was apparently so weak that he could barely get up before falling back down. Another deep groan escaped his mouth and he attempted a second time to sit up. "Whoa..." he held his head in his hands, looking suddenly really ill. "My head..."

"Stop. Lay down." I instructed him whist rolling my eyes again.  
I sighed myself . Why was I doing this?  I pushed  him back down onto the pillow and adjusted it nicely. "Okay, tell me what ingredients do you have in the kitchen?" 

"Hm?" He asked, closing his eyes tightly against the pillow.

"You heard me."

"Mmmm... I don't know... Some instant rice, mac and cheese, eggggss... milk... tea...." He listed in a lethargic voice that grated my nerves. Knowing that I'd panicked over nothing left me unimpressed. "Some... eggggsss... salt... rosemary..."

"OKAY, okay. I get the picture." I told him curtly. "You just rest a bit more and I'll go make you something. You should have some food in you, it'll help you sober up."

"No no. Don't trouble yourself... just order take out. I'll pay. My wallet–" He fluffed his hands, motioning weakly to the area where his phone was, but then promptly returned his hands to his head with yet another groan. "Ughh...Rose..."  

"Shh... It's alright.  Just sleep for now, you'll be fine." I pressed my palms to his forehead. It was burning up. Looking at Mr. Green, I couldn't help but feel some sympathy towards his state even it was his stupid fault for getting a damn hangover. "I'll get you some water first."

I moved to stand up but out of nowhere he grabs my hand. 
"No, don't go..." He pleaded breathing heavily and heaving a dry cough. The rawness of his throat tugged heavily at my heartstrings and so did his helpless sight. Gosh he was quickly becoming the bane of my existence. 

"I need to go make you something so your stomach isn't empty." 

"No," he groaned pitifully. "Stay..."

Our fingers locked together and he clasped on tight. His hands still weren't nearly as warm as I was used to, perhaps a sign of his truly ailing state. I rubbed circles onto the back of his cold hand with my thumb gently in an attempt to heat them up. The more time went on, the more I started to have the feeling that things were more than a simple hang over. The question as to why he he drank so much plagued my mind. It reminded me of that day when he fell asleep at his desk when he was sick. 

 "Fine, I'll stay." I sighed warily. 

Mr. Green fumbled around on the floor, trying to find a comfortable spot. He  still didn't seem satisfied with my answer. 

"What's wrong?" I say calmly. "Sleep. Don't worry I'll be here." 

"This pillow... it's terrible." He complained with a half cough half groan. 

"I didn't see you complaining when you passed out on the hard floor without it." I chuckled. "I'll go get another pillow." 

"No!" He cried, yanking me back to him where hoisted himself up and put his head onto my lap instead. My eyes widened and I froze in absolute terror. Excuse me, what is he doing?! 

I tried to calm myself down but inside I was freaking out. What the hell should I do, shove him off? But if I moved even a little bit, it might hurt his head more. 
I could feel his soft dark hair tickling dangerously at my legs and ankles. Mr. Green nuzzled his face against my legs, moving his body so he was laying on his side and let out a deep exhale.

"Better?" I asked him nervously as my heart thumped out of its cage.  He let out a small nod, causing some his hair to fall in front of his face.
I watched as he closed his eyes peacefully without anymore pained expressions, this time he looked more content. 

I let go of his hands gently and reached down to stroke away some of his long dark fringe away from his face, scoffing to myself how he could sleep like that. Sometimes I had the urge to chop my own bangs off when they get in the way while I slept. 

My fingers felt like it was running along an electric fence as it brushed against his hot forehead. His face was so smooth and handsome. 

Guided by the contours, I let them traveled ran down the sides of his face and past his angular jaw in a soft stroke, feeling the slight hint of hair poking out from his shave. It was almost addicting.  Something about it felt so masculine and yet foreign to me. It made every fibre of my being scream to remind me that this was what I avoided for years. But I couldn't stop myself, he was pulling me like a magnet. I couldn't move my fingers away. 

A vein was throbbing against his exposed neck. I gulped down hard at the sight and tried my hardest not to touch it. 
Without warning, Mr. Green moved his own hands up over to my knee and caressed gently on the bruised area from when I had fell. His touch was gentle and but it sent iciest of shivers all over my body. He kept rubbing over it lightly, seemingly oblivious to just how his distracting touch was affecting me. I wasn't sure if I preferred the pain of the fall or this more. At least when it hurt, you get to anticipate the shock. This, this it was a different kind of pain.

It was antagonising, building with rapture... like I was being tormented by the devil himself– worse still, the devil wasn't stopping anytime soon. It was almost as if it was more soothing for him than it was for me. It brought with it a strange desire within, and I was a little terrified by the pleasure it brought. 

I grabbed his hands and held them away to stop his mindless caresses, and more importantly to halt the odd yearning in my heart. My breathing relaxed momentarily but halted again when he suddenly brought my fingers to his face again and rubbed his cheeks and nose, inhaling. 

"Rose..." He began.
His breath was hot against my fingers. "I'm sorry... that I keep doing this to you and causing delay again... Oddly it's always the days when you're on time..." He chuckled softly. "Let's get on with the lesson soon. Just give me a bit like last time..." 

"Don't worry about the lesson right now!" I scolded him. Did he think he was in any shape to be teaching right? And it's not like I would even let him.

"Why were you drinking so much until you became like this anyway, a big night?" I studied him carefully with both concern and curiosity. I did often wondered how his social life was like out of school. I knew Mr. Green did drink sometimes as he said he had visited Dad's pub a few times before, but binge drinking to the point of blacking out? It didn't seem something he would do so casually unless something must have happened. And if something did happen, would he even tell me?

Mr. Green stiffened and the grip on my hands tightened slightly before he visibly collected himself again. "No. No parties."

"It's just..." He sighed briefly and then paused. I started to feel guilty for asking as it didn't look like he was so willing to say, that, or it was hard for him to say it. I was just about to tell him it didn't matter when he continued. 

His came out incredibly raw, like each phrase was met with increasing difficulty. "I-I can't sleep Rose. I really w-wanted to sleep. I haven't in so long... Sometimes drinking is the only way I can... e-escape..." 

I blinked. I hadn't heard him stutter like that before, it was honestly the first time he sounded so desperate and it made my heart ache a little for him.  Was it emotional baggage that was causing him so much strain?

"You drink to sleep? Is something bothering you?"

He doesn't reply this time, and ignored me with his eyes remaining closed. His reaction got me suspicious as the familiarity rang alarm bells in my head. He seemed to be be running away from something during the day, only for it to catch up in full force when he sleep.  This makes him want even more tired, like a never ending battle. In that case, I could only relate so well.

Only difference was I to used to try and sleep to forget about having to eat, so that I would forget about the way the Jacks burned that night. But being awake only made the shame burn harder. It was tiresome, I know, and his method of self-curing his stress induced insomnia with alcohol wasn't the right way to do things, but I wasn't about to start lecturing him now. I still didn't know why it was happening to him.

"Mr. Green? You alright?" 

He continued to lays there perfectly as still as marble in my lap like he had been when I first found him on the floor. Did he finally fallen a sleep again? After a few wordless moments had passed, I decided to speak up again and change the subject. I guess he didn't want to press on the matter and really, what right did I have demanding answers for something that wasn't my business. 

"Do you want me to help you up to your bedroom?" I whispered. 

"No... This is good." He revealed. I could felt the vibrations of his deep but croaky voice along my legs, sending a warm flame of languish and timidness to swell inside my stomach. I guess he was still awake. 

I felt Mr. Greens grip on my hands weaken slightly, and I held onto my tongue, careful not to make any more noise. Gradually he began to drift gently into slumber in my lap, his chest rising and falling shakily before finally evening out into a slower rhythm. Eventually his hands slackened loose and my fingers soon found his face again. It was too tempting. 

I trailed it lightly on the bridge of his tall nose, and along his sharp jaw and lips... Mindful to not wake him up. His eyelashes were so ungodly long and soft, and his lips so tender.

He stirred slightly in his sleep and I drew my hands away. Okay, that was way more than enough adventure for my fingers for the day. I closed my eyes leaning back onto the shelf behind me and decided to rest for a little while. After the excitement painted away, I was feeling a little fatigued myself. 

-

I woke up a little later with a snoozing Jasper Green still soundly asleep in my lap. I cracked my neck sideways and shifted my stiff shoulders and back that had been leaning against the hard bookcase for the past hour at an ungodly angle. Ouch... I felt like a grandma. 

Gently holding his head, I carefully pull the pillow back underneath his head and adjusted it as I slipped away. Standing up silently, I did a quick stretch before pandering into the kitchen. I think now was a good time to make him something to eat. 

Opening up the cupboards and fridge with a hand on my hip, I did a mental calculation with the little ingredients he had available. What on earth could I cook with the bare minimum? I could make pasta with the flour and oil, but nothing really for the sauce. Same story for pizza as I could make the dough, however there weren't any good toppings. The sweet options were more promising however, but I quickly decided cookies were not a substantial enough meal for a full grown, hungover man.

Looking at the fruit basket he had some apples, bananas and orange sitting there, presumably because they were easy and portable snacks. An idea sprung into my mind: banana pancakes with an apple glaze that I could make simply with some butter, sugar and water. Some cinnamon would have been nice, but of course he didn't have any. And I guess I could squeeze the oranges for juice. 

Okay, that's settled then. That's what I'll make,
I decided with a nod of my head.  

I spent the next half an hour whizzing away in the kitchen focusing on the task on hand. My thoughts were busy with trying not to stuff things up. I wasn't the best cook but I'd eaten enough pancakes in my life to know what a decent one should tasted like, and I had enough knowledge to roughly be able to gauge the ratios. I plated up a good stack of the pancakes and placed the hot apple syrup on top of a heat matt on the counter. 

The pancakes were a little flatter than I'd hoped without any raising agents, but I thought they tasted alright. As for the butter apple syrup, that one was hard to do wrong. Any type of syrup was bound to be good right? Everyone loves syrup! I suddenly remembered the no-sugar double black tea type of drinker Mr. Green was.
Whatever, he'd have to deal with it himself. A bit of sugar will help with his energy levels anyway. 

I did the washing as little clanging around as possible before returning to the piano conservatory to look at the time. It was half past five by now, the sun was starting to set. I became torn with a decision to make. It was going to be dark soon and I didn't want to walk to the bus stop alone when it was sun down. Yet at the same time, I wanted to make sure Mr. Green was alright since he was going to be on his own after I left. If I stayed I had no desirable way of getting home. No way would I taxi alone or take the night bus, and Mr. Green was in no state to drive. 

I bent down and checked on Mr. Green. A little colour had returned to his cheeks but he still looked really unwell. I tucked the loose edges of blankets to his body  and gave him a final once over. Unable to help myself, I gave his hair one last stroke.

Right, time was up. I quickly wrote him a note and placed it on his desk underneath the clothes I had brought back to return. I then gathered my items before locking his front door on my way out. 

~❤~

Later that night after it was time for myself to get to bed, I debated heavily whether to give him call him. I feared he was still sleeping.
I didn't want to wake him up for my own peace of mind incase he would not be able to sleep again after– and god knows he needed more rest. If he wasn't at school by next day then maybe I'll consider calling if I was game.
Maybe... 

I realised slowly that I never had English on Mondays, so even if I wanted to see him, it would mean stopping by his room. And what good reason did I have to come by? I wasn't about to tell him I was worried about him. Hmm... still, there was the topic of rescheduling the piano lesson I could bring up. That was a legitimate reason, right? 

Stuff it, I'll see him during regular class time, I decided before turning off the lamp.

That night I tossed and turned. 

-

By mid-week, Mr. Green hadn't returned to school. When the time came to call, I was suddenly overwhelmed with shyness to be the one to call him first to see how he was. I eventually concluded that if he wanted to, he'd call me himself anyway. Gaging by the lack of response I guess he didn't feel the need to.  Either that or he'd fallen off the face of Earth and gone to heaven– not that I believed he was dead; I'm was sure the school would have said mentioned it if something happened. 

Meanwhile, planning for the school ball had taken full swing in the past few days as more information came in through from Mrs. Collins and the school administration on what we could do and couldn't do on the night. The poll for the theme of the night was also to be counted at the end of the week. 

However, most importantly of all, Annie would be coming in for the first time after being away since the first week of school. Everyone was excited to greet her and tell her the news. I couldn't wait to finally meet her too. 

Some how during one of the side conversations I had with Max, the rest of the committee members and eventually Mrs. Collins found about about how I'd met Lea Worthington and that she'd given me her contact card. And seeing as our school would already be inviting some prominent members of the community, they thought it would be a brilliant idea to add her to the invitee list to boost the benefaction potential for the night... That's all if we could get her – correction,  that's if I could get her to agree. 

But it was Lea freaking Worthington, why would she come to our school ball? I was kind of doubtful. 

-

I walked in that Thursday morning to the awaiting eyes of my team who'd all gathered around in the room. It was unnaturally hushed. Typically they'd be engaged heavily in arguments by now, you know, the typical stuff. But today, all eyes were on me. Cassie's sat the biggest of all. 

"So... Did you get it?" Max asked in anticipation. I fumbled with the sleeves of my shirt. 

"Well, did you or did you not?!" Cassie demanded. "Say something Rose."

I looked at them solemnly and took a breath. "Yes."

They squealed and howled in delight. Max and Jane immediately came up and greeted me with a hug. 

"Oh my god, Lea Worthington is coming to OUR school ball!" Cassie stated, fanning herself lightly with manicured fingers. "Now we really have to step it up, I want to call in interior designers, DJ, and professional photographers, paparazzi. My parents knows contacts for everybody. OMG, we should also hire chefs to cater and bartenders as well!"

"Seriously for the love of god, NO Cassie. We already have student acts lined up as well as the photography teacher for photos. Mrs. Hopkins already has the menus planned. We're doing everything ourselves to maximise profits for charity remember? It's for C.H.A.R.I.T.Y." Jane rolled her eyes, turning her back on Cassie. She gave a smile. "Gosh Rose, so how'd you do it? I honestly didn't in a million years think she'd agree!"

"Me neither," Max chimed in. 

"Well that's the thing I wanted to talk to you guys about." I began. "So... Lea mentioned that she talked to her producers... and they'd like to do a a special segment on Annie!" 

"Wait, what!" Jane did a double take. That was twice the good news. 

"Yeah, she'd like to meet her, get to know her and stuff. And the the idea was to have have her camera guys around, filming around the school and the ball, as well as follow Annie and her family around. She thought it would be a good chance to bring more awareness around brain cancer by telling her story. That's all if Annie and her family would like the opportunity."

"Oh my goodness, that would be amazing! Wow! We'll have to let Annie know when she comes. Let's call Mrs. Collins to let her–"

"That sounds like a wonderful opportunity." Mrs. Collins cuts in, approaching from behind us suddenly. She waltzed into the room followed by a few people, including a young, bald headed girl hooked up with a breathing tube. She was being wheeled in a chair and before I could make a connection as to who she was, a shriek erupted in the room. 

"ANNIE!!!" My team members all stood up and ran suddenly to greet her. I turned around fully and met the gorgeous eyes of the stunning girl in font of me. 

"Guys, stop! you're choking me." Annie joked, patting their backs in their embrace and giggling. 

"Rose, this is Annie. And everyone, this is Annie's parent's Jenna and Pat, as well as her younger sibling, Leanne who will be attending this school next year." Mrs. Collins announced, gesturing. 

Everyone greeted the family enthusiastically with a handshake. I reached forward to give Annie my hand to shake, but she reached out and greeted me with a hug instead. I embraced her quickly, surprised at her strength. She looked quite frail but her infectiously bright smile and her strong hug said otherwise. 

"So, Lea would like to do a story on Annie?" Mrs. Collins asks, bringing us back to proposition at hand. 

I nodded my head. "That's if Annie and her family would agree to it? As well as the school as they would need permission to film... and she mentioned something about students having parental permissions about being on TV."

Mrs. Collins turned to Annies parents. "The school would be quite happy to allow Miss Worthington and her crew in, I mean I still need to speak to the principal to get the final green light, but I'm sure he'd say yes. But the decision is entirely up to the Lindels. We can easily sort out parental permissions for the other kids."

"Well, it's a big thing to be on television. But it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Annie, what do you say?" Her Mother asked, placing a hand on her delicate shoulder.

"I'd say we do it!" Annie smiled brightly and everyone cheered and clapped in excitement.

"That's great! It's going to be wonderful." Mrs. Collins cackled. "Rose, if you'll please let Lea Worthington know that we'd all like to accept, in the meantime, I'll be getting a head with all the necessary preparations from the school's end, and let's say we get this show up and running!"

_____~❤~~❤~~❤~____

Author's Note:

Hey everyone!
Few things to discuss this week!

Many of you have been waiting for when Rose will be finding out about her rapist, and please hold on a little longer! It is coming soon after a few more events. We're building our way towards the peak, I promise! (Spoiler: After the main events, there won't be as much chapters left  as the front and the book will be finished!)

Also (this is more minor, feel free to skip) but I have been meaning to disclose the matter that is how my writing has definitely changed over the years than when I first started. I'm sorry if you prefer the old style (it was a lot more quick paced and didn't have as much "talking/thoughts/reflection") but I literally don't know how to write like that anymore without feeling like it would be so shallow.

As I grew older and experience more, I really wanted to portray a tender story that reflected the character's feelings and experience- well mainly Rose and Mr Green. More things can be deducted rather than just plainly laid out which was what I thought the old style was like.

I've also been stalling a bit past few uploads  because I can't help but worry that it feels draggy because it has literally been going for years and I know some of you might feel impatient. So I apologise, but please let's hold on a little longer. I am very aware that sometimes my writing is very draggy and sometimes things don't flow so well, and I worry a lot about it as it might become uninteresting. But I hope to properly edit the whole damn book one day so it is more readable. 

Well, thanks for listening and continuing to with your support. I realise that there are plenty of you who have shown so much love and faith in the story and it's honestly keeping me going strong! Thank you!

~❤~~❤~~❤~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
7.2M 416K 56
''You remind me of the ocean..'' ''Is it because I'm deep and mysterious?'' he asks. ''No, because you're salty and scare the shit out of people'' ©2...
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
11.1M 500K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...