How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 48

540 15 4
By OHale24

After a couple of minutes of mourning, the Vet began to ask what I wanted to do with her body. It hurt me to say so, but I decided on cremating her and spreading her ashes at the beach. That was one of her favorite places to be at, so it seemed only fitting.

The only moment I left her in that room alone after we had put her to rest was when I had to go pay for the bill. No one amongst ourselves could bring themselves to start up a conversation, but I wasn't complaining, it wasn't what I needed at the moment.

"Here is your paper receipt ma'am, we will call you when you can come pick up her paw print mold along with her-," the man at the counter pauses clearly afraid of saying the wrong thing. "Yeah, I understand," I mutter before walking away with the paperwork. Before heading out to the car I go and take one last look at her. I could only stay for a minute at the most, any longer and I probably wouldn't ever leave.

Silently, we all hop in the car driving to my house to drop Dylan and I off.

Once at the house, I said my goodbye's before grabbing my luggage and walking inside the house, immediately spotting her bed on the floor where I we always kept it.

"I'm gonna go sleep for a bit," I say as I walk to my room not even waiting for Dylan to respond as I softly closed the door behind me. I didn't mean to be rude by not speaking to him, but I just needed to be alone right now. Taking off my shoes I get into bed not even bothering to change, since I had left to the airport in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

~ 4 Hours Later ~

I sat up from my bed confused or at least that was until I felt my cheeks wet. Remembering the days earlier events, I wiped away the tears and got out of bed. Walking over to my restroom I washed my face and decided to get out of my room.

"Hey." Was the first thing I heard as I walked out the door. Looking up I saw Dylan exiting the kitchen. "I ordered your favorite." He said as I walked over to the kitchen table as I saw two plates from Panda Express. "Thank you." I said as I gave him a small smile. "We're you waiting for me?" I asked as we both sat at the table.

"Yeah, the food got here just a little while ago. I didn't want to wake you, but then I heard you were awake so I was going to let you know." He said softly and I nodded.

We continued to eat silently until Dylan spoke up. "I was thinking of calling in for wor-," he began to say before I cut him off. "No, don't. I'll be fine." I say sending a small smile to assure him. "But I don't feel comfortable leaving you so soon." He says as he takes my hand in his. "Thank you for caring but really I'm going to be okay." I say as I continue eating my food. "Y/N," he begins, "at least let me be here for you when they call you to collect her ashes," he says softly and I nod. "Thank you Dylan."

Ten days had gone by before I received a call that Boo's ashes and paw print were ready for pickup. Just like Dylan said, he stayed with me until her ashes were ready and once we had spread them in the ocean at her favorite beach. Everyone came with us to spread her ashes. I rented out a boat to take us deep into the ocean, after spreading her ashes I couldn't leave before playing her favorite song, which of course being her crazy self was "Who let the dogs out."

~ Time Skip (2 Months Time) ~

"I always knew you'd get married first," I say to Vere as I walk up to her both of us getting ready for the picture. "Oh shut up," she laughs as I join along with her. "But I was right wasn't I?" I say smirking proudly causing her to roll her eyes. "I'm kicking you out of my wedding." She says. "Nice try, I'm your maid of honor." I say before flipping my hair with my now healed arm. Thankfully my injuries had healed quite nicely in time for Tyler and Vere's wedding.

"I'll tell Holland to be my maid of honor right now if you want," she says like it's nothing. "Alright, alright, you win." I pout causing her to smile in triumph. "Doesn't she always?" Tyler, her now husband, joins in on the conversation. "See I-," I begin before being curt off by her. "I will divorce you right now," she says in a serious tone, although we all know that's just Vere being Vere. "Come on Tyler, we all know that's Y/N, you know how much she loves to argue," Dylan says as he wraps his arms around my waist. "I will break up with you right now," I say to him poking fun at Vere and Tyler.

"Haha very funny," he says as he guides me away from the newly wedded couple since we were holding back the line for the pictures. "You know you could never break up with me," he whispers into my ear as we reach our table causing me to laugh. "I'm pretty sure I did about a year or two ago," I say laughing causing him to pout. "Hey, we said we were going to forget about that," he says as he hold me closer to him. "Nope, I'm pretty sure that was just you, since you were guilty," I say as I hug him.

"How are y'all acting so lovey dovey when y'all are talking about y'all's break up, which by the way was a very nasty break up." Sprayberry says clearly confused and slightly disgusted. "It's the wedding it's rubbing off on us," Dylan says like it's nothing and I laugh. "It's been well over a year since that happened, we've moved past it so now we just laugh about it," I say with a shrug and Dylan nods agreeing. "We've learned from it so now all that we can do is laugh," he says as we smile at Sprayberry. "Yeah you guys are made for each other," he says before walking away.

"Let's go dance," Dylan says as he gets up from the chair placing his hand in front of me to take. "Didn't even ask, you just said 'we're dancing,'" I pause sending him a smile, "I love that." He laughs as he guides me to the dance floor as a romantic love song plays.

"They look so in love," I say looking over at Vere and Tyler as we sway to the song. "Yeah, and now they have a baby on the way, it's perfect," he says and I hum in agreement. "I bet it's twins," I say remembering how Vere's family has twins in the family. "Why do you think that?" Dylan whispers to me. "Because it runs in her family, with her luck, she's probably carrying twins," I say as I smile up at him.

"I want a baby," I say as I look back at the laughing newly weds. "Well more like babies, I want babies, multiple." I smile. "I know you do, but let's not have them at the same time, alright?" Dylan begs and I shake my head, I'm dating an idiot. "Babe, obviously not, I'm not putting my vagina through that much pain." I whisper with a laugh. "One birth per pregnancy since clearly twins doesn't run in either of our families." I say as the song ends and we walk back to the table. "I want a family with you," he says as we sit down. "Then hurry up and marry me," I whisper to myself. "Did you just ask me to marry you?" Dylan says as he pulls me closer to him so no one could hear.

Realizing I technically just asked him to marry me I shake my head in disbelief. "This is not the way I want to get engaged," I say with a laugh escaping Dylan's lips. "Trust me, it won't," he says before placing a soft kiss on my cheek. "As much as I love talking about us getting married, we should stop here," I say before turning back to look at Dylan. "Were at our friends's wedding," I say and he nods.

"So, Dylan where's the girlfriend?" Dylan asks Sprayberry and I turn to look at him in shock. Our table was made up of us, Posey, Holland, Sprayberry. There was a long awkward pause before he finally answered. "Couldn't make it," he said before standing up and walking away. Instantly, all three of us sent a glare Dylan's way. "Bro, they broke up," Tyler said as he slapped Dylan on the back of his head. Dylan instantly got out of his seat to follow after him. "I should go to," Tyler says and we nod as he follows after them.

"It must be hard on him seeing everyone all happy while he's heartbroken," Holland says as she takes a sip of her wine. "Makes sense, they did break up recently, plus were at a wedding," I said before drinking more of my wine. "I'm surprised he's not drunk by now," she says and I turn to look at her in shock. "What do you mean?" I ask extremely confused. "Y/N, he's been drinking all night and before you say it, yes we all tried to get him to stop but he wouldn't listen," she says and I sigh.

"I can't believe I didn't notice," I sigh looking up at her. "It's understandable, you have been running around all day helping with the wedding," she says and I nod exhausted. "I think this is the first time you actually sat down not just to eat," we laugh at her statement. "True, my feet are killing me, I can't wait to take these heels off," I groan, lifting my feet of the ground for some sort of relief.

"Well, the nights almost over so don't worry," she says and I nod.

~ Back Home ~

"So, how's Dylan?" I ask Dylan as we sit on our bed and I'm finally able to take off my heels. "He's pretty heartbroken, clearly. But he just needs some time." He says and I nod agreeing. Soon after getting ready for bed we fell asleep tired of the days events.

Morning quickly came as I was woken up by a hyperactive Dylan jumping on the bed. "Dylan it's 10:30 in the morning, my plane doesn't leave till 4:30, why are you waking me up so early," I sigh snuggling back onto my pillow. "Exactly you leave at 4:30, so we have about 6 hours before we have to rush you to the airport," he says as he lays on top of me.

"You know, if your plan to get me out of bed is by laying on top of me, then I have some news for you," I say as I try to roll around to try and push him off of me, sadly it didn't work.

"That's not my plan," I can practically hear the smirk radiating from him as he says this.

"Alright, what's your plan?" I ask as I stop trying to get him off of me.

"Pancakes," I instantly lift my head at the sound of food.

"Really?" I ask. "With bacon?" I pout.

"Alright I lied, there's no food done yet." He says and I groan into the pillow. "You woke me up just to tell me a lie," I sigh slightly annoyed. "Oh no I have plans, don't you want to drive my car?" He asks and I look at him annoyed. "Dylan, I love you, but I have a drivers license. I can drive whenever I want here or at home." I say as I continue laying on the pillow trying to get the same dream again. "Alright, let me rephrase that. Do you want to drive the jeep?" He says.

In that moment, I somehow found enough strength to roll Dylan off of me so I was now sitting on his lap.

"THE Jeep!?" I ask excitedly. "As in THE Stiles Stilinski Jeep!? I ask excited as if I wasn't practically knocked out a couple of seconds ago.

"Yes. As in Roscoe." He says and I kiss him excitingly. "Oh I love you, I love you, I love you." I say as I jump off of him running around quickly getting ready. "Told you I had a plan to get you out of bed." He said as he sat on the bed watching me run around getting my things ready. "Wait, was this just a trick to get me out of bed?" I ask as my dreams of driving the iconic car were being instantly shot down.

"Of course not," he says with a smile as he gets up placing a kiss on my head. "Now, finish getting your stuff ready and I'll get breakfast ready," he says as he walks out of the room. "Pancakes with bacon?" I ask as I peak my head out into the hall. "Always," he says before entering the kitchen.

After we finished eating we quickly washed the dishes and I ran out to the jeep.

"I thought you'd be more excited," Dylan says with notable sarcasm.

"Very funny, now give me the keys," I say happily. He hesitates for a second before handing me the keys. "What, don't you trust me?" I ask him. "I mean this was your idea so I would think you would trust me." I add with a smile about ready to laugh at his nervousness.

"I trust you, but I also know how you drive," he laughs as he gets into the passenger seat and I in the drivers. It's happening, I never thought I would see the day in which I would drive Stiles car.

"I'm going to ignore that comment because I drive perfectly well," I say before placing the key into the ignition. "So, where are we going?"  I say as I begin to reverse into the street.

"We are meeting the gang to play," he pauses for an obvious dramatic effect. "Paintball!" He says throwing his hands in the air like a child. "You're kidding!" If I could I would jump up from my seat from the excitement I'm feeling, but obviously can't since in driving and Dylan would kill me. 

"Nope, we thought this might distract Dylan a bit, and it would give him a great way to release some of his feelings," he says and I nod understanding. "Thats good, plus he's always saying he wants to play paintball with us," I say and he nods.

"Can we pick him up?" I ask eager to see mini Dylan. "Tyler said he would pick him up," he said and I frown. "Man no fair," I grown as I continue driving. "I'm gonna be coming after Tyler the most," I say happily and he shakes his head.

"Were not even there and your competitive side is already showing," he laughs. "To be fair it's not my competitiveness, it's my," I pause not knowing what word fits what I'm thinking.

"Revenge"

"How did you know?" I gasp.

"Because it's written all over your face," he says shaking his head and I smile innocently.

"Oh don't worry, Tyler can take it. He's my rival, we always compete against each other," I say before pulling out my phone to dial Tyler. "Just watch," I say as I show him my phone.

Instantly, I begin to face time Tyler as I place my phone on the dashboard. Since I'm driving Dylan's baby, I know he's going to be paranoid if he sees me driving with one hand with a phone in the other.

Not one ring went by before Tyler and Dylan pop up on the screen.

"Hey, what's up?" He says with that adorable smile of his. "So Dylan just told me about today's plans," I say being careful in case this is a surprise for Dylan. "And that you called dibs on picking up mini Dylan," I say as I send him my best fake sad face.

"Sorry y/n, but dibs are dibs," he says as he shrugs with a hint of an evil smile.

"Come on guys, I know I'm amazing, but let's not fight over me," Mini Dylan says before flipping his hair dramatically.

"Hush," Tyler and I say at the same time.

"Of course, but you understand what this means right?" I ask him before I send Dylan a look knowing Tyler knows exactly what's coming for him.

"War," he says and I smile wickedly. "War," I repeat in conformation.

"Dun, dun, dun," We hear mini Dylan's sound effects.

"Told you Tyler can handle my competitiveness," I say proudly. "Of course I can." He says before looking at us. "You should know by now that she's my rival, we're always competing." He says shocked that Dylan thought otherwise.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll meet y'all there. We're just a couple of minutes away." We all nod and hang up. "Told you," I smile smugly. "Yeah, yeah," he says with a smile.

"Alright, so we know who we're going after now," I say as I finally see the paintball park a couple of streets down from us. "We?" He asks confused. "Yes, we." I say as I turn to look at him as if he were crazy.

"Tyler is my rival, but you're my war buddy, my partner in crime." I say shocked he doesn't already know this.

"Since when we're We war buddy's?" He asks confused.

"I am incredibly hurt and wounded." I place my hand over my wounded heart. "Well, since were not partners in crime then you are my enemy." I turn away from him dramatically.

"Babe, no! We can be partners in crime!" He pleads and I shake my head as I park the car. "No, you have chosen your fate." I say before waiting by the car as we wait for the rest to get here. "My partner shall be Vere, she's my day one," I say as I turn to Posey parking into the spot next to us.

"Vere's pregnant," he said and I face palm. "Right, little Dylan is my partner!" I say before quickly jumping out of the car to beat Tyler before he claims dibs. "Tyler! Little Dylan is my partner, I called dibs you know the rules," I say to him before hugging little Dylan in a protective stance. "Fuc-," I stop Tyler before he could finish. "Nope, you gotta take it like a man champ," I say smugly before looking at mini Dylan.

"For today, we are partners. Everyone we see is going down," I say to him with a seriousness and he nods. "We're gonna win this thing!" He says before shaking my hand. "You're doing well young padawan, you're matching my energy," I say proudly. "Padawan? No wonder you're dating her," mini Dylan says before looking at big Dylan.

"No wonder? What do you mean no wonder?" I ask clearly a bit offended.

"No, I didn't mean it like that," he quickly tries to apologize, and I believe him.

"I believe you mini Dylan, but I am sorry to say our partnership ends here," I say before looking at all of them. "You're all going down," I say with a firm nod.

"Hey guys!" We hear Holland say as she walks up from behind Dylan's car. "Well, Holland's safe." I say before looking back at them.

"What did I miss?" She asks looking at all of us clearly confused. "A lot," Dylan sighs. "Clearly, so who are we waiting for?" She asks.

"The newly weds," I say. "No, they're here," Posey says as he points over at Tyler and Vere coming out of their car.

"Hey guys," they say as they walk up to us. "What are we waiting out here for?" Vere says as she looks at us. "We just got here a couple of minutes ago," Posey says and she nods. "Let's get this started," mini Dylan says as we begin walking towards the entrance so we can pay for access.

I'm extremely excited, especially because the whole park is giving me call of duty vibes.

"This place reminds me of Call of Duty," Dylan says as he looks around. "I was just thinking that!" I exclaim excitedly causing him to mess up my hair playfully. "I'm still taking you down," I say to him playfully. "Not if I take you down first," he says with a wink. "Oh I'm definitely taking you down first," I say as we begin putting on our gear.

"Not with the way you're putting on your gear," he laughs and I frown. "What do you mean?" I ask confused as I look around at everyone else putting on the vests and tying the straps. He walks over to me and rearranged my straps. "There, now you might just have a chance at beating me," he says before placing a kiss on my head.

"Goodluck," I tell him softly before Holland and I quickly run to find a hiding spot. Since Vere wasn't allowed to play due to her being pregnant, she's going to be watching us play from the monitors inside. "Alright, did you check where they went?" Holland asks me full game mode.

"Alright so I didn't check big Dylan, but mini Dylan went left with recently married Tyler," I say as I check our surroundings. "Oh and Posey stayed put as he struggled with his straps," I say as I look at her.

"Before running to the right and tripping over his shoes as they were untied," I try not to laugh to keep our spot hidden. I suddenly see movement behind us and quickly turn and shoot the person.

"Y/N, that was a little kid!" Holland whisper yells at me. "I didn't know I thought it was one of them," I say before walking to the kid. "Are you alright?" I ask the kid. "Yeah, I got fifty dollars for doing this," he shrugs before showing me the money.

"Holland run!" I yell before running away from the kid as fast as possible, not checking if she was following behind me. I suddenly begin to hear someone shooting as I look over my shoulder to see Holland shooting Posey not giving him the chance to shoot. A literal queen.

I quickly enter the building within the arena before shooting at Tyler, giving Holland time to run. Suddenly, Dylan comes to Tyler's aid.

"Where did Dylan come from?" Holland exclaims as she reaches me and begins to shoot at Dylan. "I don't know he appeared out of nowhere," I say as I continue shooting at them.

"But we need either of two things to happen," I say as I give her a quick look. "Or they retreat or we make run for it," I say but she stays quiet analyzing our options. "All I know is that we have to move," she says and I nod in agreement.

"They know our location now, if we want to win then we have to move," I say and she nods.

You can kinda say the gang and I are cheating since you're supposed to leave the game once someone shoots you, which were obviously not. But of course we're being kind to shoot the others playing around us only once. Proper etiquette and what not. We did promise that if someone outside of the group shot us then we would leave the arena.

"Alright, they're retreating. Let's move!" Holland whisper yells and I nod following after her. As we run off to a different hiding spot we continue to check our surroundings making sure no one is following or getting ready to shoot.

"Hey guys!" We suddenly hear someone greet to our right. We quickly turn ready to shoot until we notice it's only newly wedded Tyler. "Come on," he waves us over. I look at Holland mentally asking her if we should. She hesitates but nods in the end. "Tyler, if this is a trick you owe us fifty bucks!" She yells and he sighs.

We run over to him, but I stay on high alert with my finger over the trigger.

"How long has it been since the game started?" He asks as we hid next to him before I check the watch on my wrist. "Exactly 10 minutes," I say and he nods. "So why are you against those three again?" Holland asks and I laugh silently.

"T-pose was simple rival stuff since were always competing plus he had called dibs on picking up mini Dylan," I say causing Tyler to shake his head mockingly and Holland to face palm. "Mini Dylan because I called him 'padawan' and said to Dylan 'no wonder you're dating her' which I won't lie actually hurt," I say to which Tyler replied with an 'ouch' and Holland with 'I'm gonna kill him.'

"Then there's Dylan," I say just as he crosses our line of sight. "He didn't think of me as his war buddy, his partner in crime," I say getting into aiming position. "That idiot," Holland says as she turns to look at him. "Alright, you guys run. I'm about to expose our location, if I go down I don't want to take y'all with me," I say and they nod before running off.

"Good luck y/n," Tyler says before exiting with Holland. I send them a thumbs up as I count to ten. Giving them ten seconds to run before I shoot and give away our position. Ten seconds before he's no longer in a good shooting position.

"This is all on you buddy," I whisper to myself as I reach ten. Quickly I pull back on my trigger as I watch Dylan get shot on the leg. As soon as it made contact with his leg an F bomb left his lips as he kneeled on the ground. Instantly, I crouched down to try and hide my position.

After a couple of seconds I poke my head to see him standing up. Not for long, I aim at his shoulder and shoot again. Can't shoot his leg too many times, he has to drive himself back home later. "Alright! Which one of you is it?" He yells around him ready to fire.

"Come on," he taunts. "Oh just favorite person in the whole world," I sing song as I stay hidden behind the wall of the fake building.

"Don't remember who that is, maybe you should come out so I can remember," he says ready to fire. "I'm good, I'm pretty comfortable where I am now," I smile and he laughs.

"More comfortable than you were in the morning sleeping in our bed?" He asks playfully. I once again shoot at him but intentionally miss just to get his attention. "I thought you said you couldn't remember who I was," I taunt as I see him walk over to my hiding spot.

"Guess I remembered," he calls out as he spots me. Instantly we both take aim. "Come on babe, don't do this." He says as he cocks his head to the side. "Be my war buddy," he says and I shoot him in the shoulder. "Hey!" He yells before shooting me in my thigh, causing a yell to escape my lips from the sudden contact.

"Pay backs a bit-," I cut him off as I shoot him again on the same spot in his shoulder. "Yeah, it is," I say before running away to search for mini Dylan. "See you later I still have to find mini Dylan!" I yell.

Forty minutes had passed and the game had finally ended. It had taken me 15 minutes after my encounter with big Dylan to find mini Dylan, who had just shot a little kid. That jerk. After I found mini Dylan, well.. let's just say he regretted his choice of words earlier.

"Remind me to pick my words carefully next time I'm around you," little Dylan says as I help walk him over towards the exit of the arena. "Trust me after this, I don't think I'll have to," I say and we laugh. "Did you have to be so rough with me, you know I love you," he says visibly pouting. "Yes I know, but your words did offend me," I say as I ruffle his hair. "Plus it was the heat of the moment, you know competitive," I said with a slight shrug.

"I was already out of the game!" He exclaimed. "I know and I apologized. I even let you get me back," I say as we finally see the exit in front of us and the gang waiting for us with Vere. "Plus, you know I love you," I say playfully. "I guess," he says with a smile. We finally reached the group as the boys take mini Dylan from me.

"Dang y/n, how rough were you with him?" Vere says as they all look over Dylan. "Very!" He responds before I could reply. "Like I told you earlier, I let you get pay back and promised you lunch on me!" I pout. "True," he says probably already imagining his free food. "Plus a kid saw me and decided to join in on shooting little Dylan who was already dead in the ground," I say laughing at the memory as they all laugh at the thought.

"Well come on we should go, you need to get washed up before going to the airport," Dylan says as he places his arm over my shoulder. "Why, what time does your plane leave?" Posey asks. "4:30."

"You do know it's already 1:30, right? You're gonna be running late with your hour long showers." Vere says and I shake my head. "I'll manage somehow," I say waving her off. We quickly say our goodbyes before heading to the car.

"Since you shot me in the leg, you have to drive home to give my leg some time to rest." Dylan says as we get in. "That was always the plan," I say with a grin.

After getting home we parked the car and I ran up to our room to take the quickest shower I could while Dylan rested his leg for a bit. As some as I finished we rushed to get my stuff into Dylan's car deciding it would be better if we left the jeep at home. We did hit some traffic on our way to the airport, but what can you expect when you're in LA.

"You better call me when you land," he says as we reach the limit for non-flyers. "When have I ever not called you," I smiled up at him. "Okay point taken," I laugh at his response. "I'll come and see you as soon as I can, since I know you won't be able to with this whole injured break they have you." He says and I nod. "Yes, so you better come see me soon because I'm gonna be bored without you." I say as I hug him. "You're gonna miss your war buddy?" He jokes and I pull away from him.

"Hey, I had actually meant that," I pout. "I know," he says before giving me a soft kiss. The call for my plane was announced on the intercom making us look at each other with a knowing look.

"That's me," I say softly. "I know," he replies. "I don't want to," I groan before hugging him tightly causing a same response from him. "I don't want you too either," he says as he places a soft kiss on my head.

"I'll come get you soon," he says and I nod. "You better." I mutter into his chest before pulling away. "I'll see you soon," I say before kissing him goodbye. "I'll see you soon," he responds before we let go. We give each other a knowing look before I grabbed my luggage and walked towards my designated gate.

——————————————————————
Chapter 48 is now complete!

This is officially the longest chapter I have ever written, hope it makes up for the long wait between updates. So two more chapter before the end of this book. So, mini question/poll. Im considering updating the last two chapters all together or individually, what do y'all think? Please let me know what you all prefer.

I actually enjoyed writing this chapter the ending was pretty fun and interesting to write. Sorry I took so long to update but the way the last chapter I published ended kind of put me in a spot where I didn't know how to continue the book, but I think I finally found a way to continue. I should probably mention that since the book will be ending in two chapters, I think I should probably warn you all that it might seem pretty rushed or involve a couple of time skips like this chapter did.

I'm gonna be honest, I have not written the next chapters yet so I don't know if they will be rushed, but it's a possibility. My hope is that they aren't and that I can give this book the ending it deserves and the one I've had planned for years now. In order for me not to have a rushed ending those last two chapter might be as long as this one, unless the chapters don't come out rushed like I thought they would and they're regular sized lol.

Well anyways that is all for my announcement today.

I hope you all have a nice day, week, month, year!

Love M 🥰

Oh yeah. There's more. I know you all will like this, or at least I hope y'all do. Think of this as an end of credit scene.

It's been eight months since I last saw Dylan. The last time we saw each other was during Tyler and Vere's wedding, which by the way have become parents to two beautiful identical baby girls. They decided to come to Texas to have their children since Vere wanted her mom to be there for the birth and if she had given birth in California, she wouldn't have been able to.

Sadly, during this time Dylan couldn't come to visit as he was busy with work. We faced timed and called often, but still I missed him very much. On the bright side, today is the day we finally get to see each other again. My family has decided to have a grill-out at the park to welcome him back, obviously meaning baseball is involved.

Since they first met to up until now, my family has grown to love Dylan and are always excited when he comes to visit. They're especially excited today since they haven't seen him in so long and they know he also enjoys playing baseball. Thankfully, I was in comfortable fitting clothes and running shoes so I could be at my best while playing today.

"Y/N, help me set up the table," I hear my mom call me over as she's trying to set up one of the tables. I quickly run over to her. Over the year, my mom had begun learning English so she could communicate with Dylan, and Dylan learned to speak Spanish so he could speak with her.

"Has he landed yet?" My mom asks me as I help place a cover over the table. "Yeah, he said he's 15 minutes away," I say trying my best to handle my excitement. "Estas emocionada?" (Are you excited?) she asks and I nod. "Muy, pos no lo é visto desde hace ocho meses," (very, since I haven't seen him in eight months) I say with a smile and she nods.

"Y/n!" I hear my cousins voice calling from behind me. I turn to look at her seeing car keys in her hands. "What's up?" I ask her. "They ran out of coal for the grill, your dad said you knew which brand he likes." She says, I nod knowing she's asking me to come with her. I tell my mom I'm going with Sophia to get some coal.

"Alright let's go," I say as I walk with her to the car. "Don't worry, we won't be long," she says implying Dylan's arrival today, sending a smile my way. "Come on let's go," I say with a smile.

I quickly pull out my phone letting Dylan know I went to the store with Sophia to buy coal, so I might not be there when he gets there. After arriving at the store we bought the coal and starting driving back, or that's before they decided they also needed beer. Luckily, we hadn't driven that far from the store.

Once we finally got the stuff we needed we drove back. Sophia playfully pointing out my excitement to Dylan's text letting me know he was at the park. Once we got to the park, we noticed a car that didn't belong to any of us instantly knowing it must be Dylan's rental car. I grab the bag of coal and jump out of the car. As soon as I spot Dylan talking with some of my family on the baseball field I quickly place the beer on the table and run towards him.

My dad laughing at my excitement let Dylan know I had arrived. He turned around ready to hug me as I jumped into his arms.

"I missed you so much," he whispers into my ear. "And I missed you so much," I whisper back to him. "Let's never go that long again without seeing each other, please," I say as I continue to hug him. "Never again," he says and I nod. "Since everyone's here, let's start matching the teams." I hear my aunt say and we all nod.

Dylan and I walk over towards my aunt who would be calling out the teams, not breaking our hug for a second.

She first called the captain of each team. Team one my dad and team two my aunt Marie. They continued by drafting out the members of each team with me being one of the first to be called I was placed on my aunts team.

"Dylan you're in team one," my aunt says and I shake my head not wanting to let go of Dylan yet. "Gosh darn it," I say a little bit too loudly causing my family to laugh. "Come on you guys, it's time to play ball," my younger cousin said before Dylan messed with his hair.

Dylan and I let go before walking off to get our gear. I go and grab my glove and walk over to Dylan who's about to walk into his teams dugout. "Good luck," I say behind him before he turned to look at me. "Good luck to you too," he says before giving me a quick kiss, knowing I don't like to show that much affection in front of my family. "But we all know team one is gonna win," he says and I shake my head.

"Ha, we'll see about that," I say before walking away. "Just wait and see, I'm gonna be saying 'I told you so' later on," he say and I wave him off. "If you say so."

I get into position behind second base. I've been practicing with Dylan so with time, my family has actually begun to have faith in my baseball skills. "Easy out!" We all begin to chant as the fist batter comes up to home base, my father.

"Gonna make y'all eat your words!" He calls out getting into the proper stance. My cousin throws the first pitch and the ball goes down the middle of field. Yep, that's too far out. Now with my dad on first my uncle comes out to bat.

He swung on the first pitch, big mistake. The ball hit the ground past the pitchers mound and towards second base. I dash for the ball, I rush back to second and step on the plate before quickly throwing the ball to first getting my uncle out. "Double play!" My team and I yell out.

"And to think y'all doubted my skills," I say as I flip my hair. "Hey you did suck before," my cousin Aaron yells from the pitchers mound. "Oh whatever," I say getting back into position.

"But then she met me and her skills are what they are now," Dylan says as he walks up to the batter's box. "Alright, give some credit," I laugh out.

"Y/n, he may be your boyfriend but I swear if you let the ball get past you, we won't let you play for a whole inning." One of my uncles from my aunt's team says. "I wasn't planning on it," I say smugly, come on they know how competitive I am. "She better not, I'm the father and she took me out without hesitation!" My father yelled out from the opposite teams dugout.

"Okay come on let's go!" I say wanting to win already. I prepare myself to leap for the ball whatever direction Dylan decides to hit it. First pitch, swing and a miss.

"Strike!" A couple of us yell out. Second pitch, a foul. Third pitch, a ball. "Aaron come on, I thought you were the best pitcher around!" My brother calls from third base. "I am, watch me!" He says before throwing a fourth pitch spiraling out of control and hitting Dylan right on the knee. "Dylan!" I call out before running over to him.

"Aaron that was so not a a best pitcher kind of move," I hear my brother taunt but I block them out as I reach Dylan. "Dylan are you okay?" I ask him as I try to check his knee but he has a strong hold on it. "Mom can you get me some ice?" I turn to her and she nods. "I have a knee brace in my bag it'll help apply some pressure onto your knee after we ice it," I say as I stand up to get my bag, that is before Dylan stops me. "No, I think I'm fine."

"Not with the w-," I begin to say as I turn to him seeing him down on his bad knee. "Dylan are you kidding me, are you really trying to get up while using your bad knee for support?" I say instantly trying to get him off his bad knee.

"Y/n, listen to me," he says and that's when I feel it. My left hand felt something solid inside of Dylan's left hand. I turn it over to see a beautiful silver ring in his palm. "You idiot," I whisper wiping away a single tear from my face.

"I knew that would be something you would say," he says with that laugh I've loved since the moment I heard it. "But this way I knew you wouldn't suspect a thing, you do always seem to find out everything," he says before standing up to wipe a few stray tears from my face.

"I actually started planning this out the day you left the airport eight months ago. I was tired of watching you leave me all the time, when all I want is to wake up to your snoring right next to me every morning for the rest of our lives. I want to fall asleep to the sound of your voice telling me of your crazy day at work with the patients that you love and the ones that drive you crazy." He says and I laugh as I feel more tears slip down the side of my face.

"I want to start a family with you, our family. I want to see little y/n's running around the house tripping over nothing because they obviously got their clumsiness from their mom. I love you y/n and I will love you until my last dying breath. Now, I could go on forever but I'm asking you to please, officially, be my war buddy, my partner in crime." He pauses and I stare into those beautiful brown eyes of his. "Marry me y/n." He says and I nod frantically kissing him, this time not caring if my family was watching. In this moment, it's only me and him, my fiancé.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55.8K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
255K 7.2K 50
After Dumbledore's death, Voldemort was slowly rising to power, Mavis had set off with Fred and George at the the Evans Manor in the Philippines toge...
32.3K 2.5K 25
ဒီပုံပြင်ထဲမှာ..ဘယ်သူကချစ်လွန်းခဲ့တာလဲ?
179K 5.4K 47
'I would take all her pain just to see her smile ,because in the rare moment she was happy, I could forgive the world for everything it had done to m...