How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 47

488 5 17
By OHale24

"Two months!?" I exclaim at the news Vere and Tyler just dropped on us. "That's so little time to plan a wedding, don't you think?" I ask them as we're seated around the living room of their home.

"I mean yeah it's definitely pretty soon, but I think it's enough time for us," Tyler says with Vere nodding next to him. "Yeah, it's not like we're planning a huge wedding, it's gonna be something small," She says. "We have to have it soon since I need to fly out for a week about a week after the wedding." He says to us before looking over at Vere causing her to nod.

"Plus I would really like to get married now before I can't fit into my dress anymore." She says with a laugh causing me to follow with a confused one. "What do you mean?" I ask unsure if my guess is right. "Well, lets just say in a couple of months my stomach is gonna be the size of a basketball," she says causing Tyler to laugh. "You're pregnant!?" Dylan and I exclaim before I jump up excitedly to congratulate them.

"Congratulation guys! When did y'all find out?" Dylan asks as he hugs Tyler. "Well she found out the day I proposed to her and just earlier today we went to the doctors to confirm it." He replies and I let out a happy laugh. "Oh my gosh Vere, you're going to be parents guys! I can't believe this." I say excitedly as I hug them again. "To think soon there's going to be tiny little feet running around the house,"  Tyler says as he hugs Vere from behind.

"And you're going to be running after those tiny little feet," Dylan says as he pats Tyler in the back. "Yep, and I'm gonna be resting in bed," Vere says and I laugh. "Y'all better not wait too long to have a baby, our child is going to need someone to play with them!" She says giving me a slight nudge on the shoulder.

"Oh don't worry, we won't be too far behind," Dylan says before wrapping his arms behind my back and placing a soft kiss on my temple. "Dylan!" I exclaim softly hitting him in the stomach with my elbow.

"We should probably get going, you guys probably have a lot to plan, but if you need anything please let us know," I say as Dylan and I start saying our goodbyes. "And again, guys, congratulations on the baby." Dylan adds and we head out.

"Come on we should get a head start on making a friend for their baby," Dylan says as he takes my hand rushing me towards the car. "Very funny Dylan," I say as we get in the car.

~ Back Home ~

"Alright so what do you want to do now?" Dylan says before laying on the couch. "Well I don't know about you, but I'm taking a shower," I say as I head towards the room to get some clothes. "I'll join you!" I hear Dylan yell from the living room before I see him rushing into the room.

"Dylan, you are not joining me in the shower," I say with a laugh causing him to stick out his bottom lip towards me. "Once we're married we can take as many if not all our showers together, 'patience you must have, my young padawan,'" I say quoting Yoda from Star Wars.

"Yeah, there's no changing my mind, I love you and I'm gonna marry you some day," he says before putting his hand behind my neck bringing me forward to place a kiss on my lips. "And I will happily marry you one day," I say as I return the kiss. "But for now, I'm going to hop into the shower and I will see you when I get out," I say placing a kiss on his lips and quickly running to the restroom before he could follow me into the shower, well as quickly as my injury would allow me.

As I locked the door I suddenly felt slight pain in my stomach. Great, don't tell me my period is about to start. My injuries hurt already now on top of that I have to deal with pre-period cramps, yay. Hopping into the shower I rush to  finish showering in case my period started already and I cause a mess in the bath. When I hear the sound of my phone ringing I turn off the shower head.

"Dylan is that my phone?" I call out to him to make sure it's actually mine since I left my phone next to the bed. "Yeah, it's your brother, do you want me to answer for you?" He asks, suddenly feeing a strange feeling in my stomach. "Yes please. Let him know I'm in the shower but I'll be out soon," I say hearing an 'okay' and finishing up my shower.

As I begin drying myself up I hear Dylan pacing back in forth. Once I finish getting ready I get out to see Dylan rushing around the room packing up my stuff along with some of his clothes. "Is this your way of telling me to leave your house," I say jokingly. "What's going on? Where are we going? Is this a last minute tri-" I start asking before I was cut off by Dylan, softly yet in a serious tone saying my name.

"Dylan, what's wrong? You're scaring me," I say holding the towel tightly in my hands, scared of the next thing to come out of his mouth.

"It's Boo"

That was all I needed to hear before quickly helping to gather up all our stuff.

"What's wrong? Where is she?" I begin to say to him as we start heading out the door staying calm even though panic is all I can feel right now. "Your brother is rushing her to the vets as we speak." He says before I begin to breath rapidly. "I already bought plain tickets and your sister-in-law is going to meet us at the airport and take us straight to her," he says driving quickly to the airport but not quick enough.

"B-But what's wrong with her?" I ask trying not to yell. "He just said that she hasn't been eating since yesterday and she's been throwing up. He said he would have called sooner but he took her to the vet and they said she was fine." He said pausing to look at me through the corner of his eyes before sighing and continuing. "The medicine they gave him wasn't helping her and she got worse today so now he's at emergency room to see what they can do," He says as tears start to run down my cheeks quickly shaking my head and drying them up.

"She's going to be fine, she has to be." I mutter before looking out the window wishing we could get to the airport faster. Nothing else was said as we continued to the airport and Dylan's hands on my knee to comfort me, but it wasn't helping me this time around.

Please God, don't take her from me.

~ Emergency Room ~

"How is she? Where is she?" I begin to ask my brother several questions as I see him in the hospital's waiting room. "Y/N, I think you should sit down," he says but I shake my head. "No, don't ask me to sit down please, just tell me." I say playing with my hands scared of what's to come. "She has parvovirus." He says and I nod my head. "Okay, well what do I need to give her? Is she gonna be okay?" I ask calming down a bit now that I know what she has at least that's before I see the look on my brothers face.

"Y/N," he pauses, "I-it's not that simple." He says before taking my hand giving it a comforting squeeze. "What do you mean it's not that simple, this can be treated, right!?" I begin to breath rapidly. Looking at my brother I see him look over at Dylan with sad eyes as I feel my knees drop on to cold hospital floor.

"Where is she?" Is all I could say as I looked up at my brother through my tear filled eyes.

"Come on, I'll take you to her," He said before gently picking me up and guiding me over to one of the rooms.

As soon as he opened the door I ran towards her lying on the table in the middle of the room. The doctor standing next to her, but I could care less who was around us, all I cared for was being here for Boo. Laying soft kisses on her head and comforting her was all I could do to calm her down.

Her adorable little tail softly wagging at the sight of me.

"It's okay baby, I'm right here, I'm right here." I whisper to her trying hard not to let my voice crack. "I'm right here Boo, whatever you choose to do I'm right here for you. You can fight and I'll be by your side, or you can rest and I'll still stay by your side." I say stuttering due to all the emotions I'm feeling.

"Ma'am, I'm the vet that has been caring for your dog, and I believe your brother has notified you of her condition?" She asks me but I don't even turn to look at her as all I want to do is be by my girls side. I simply nod my head.

"I-," bitting my lip not being able to talk without stuttering. "I- I know she's in pain," I try to shake away the tears before continuing, "B-But how much p-pain is she feeling?" I ask as I rub Boos head. "I can't say for certain, but from the symptoms she's shown and her condition in the past two hours." She pauses as she rubs Boo's head softly. "I'm sorry to say this, but she's in a lot of pain." She says as I sob onto Boo not ready for what's to come.

"Please, no. Boo I- I need you, I'm not ready." I cry to her, begging her to fight. "I- I know I said if you wanted to rest that you could a- and I would be by your side, and I- I will, I p- promise I will, but p- please fight. I- I need you." My pained sobs were all you could hear as no one dared comfort me knowing I was inconsolable.

"In Boo's condition, there are two options." She says and I finally look up at her. "We can let her wait it out until it's over or we can put her down." I immediately shake my head. "No, no t- there has to be something we can do. A- a surgery o- or something!" I exclaim not wanting to give up on her.

"We can't give up on her," I say as I turn to look at Boo, "s- she's a strong girl, she can make it. W- we just have to encourage her and be by her side!" I say although working in a similar field, I know how this is going to end, but I can't give up on her. I turn to look at everyone around me with sorrowful looks on their faces no one daring to look me in the eye. Seeing their reactions, I can tell that I'm just trying to convince myself that there's a light at the end of this tunnel. I can tell that I'm just trying to convince myself that I will be going home with Boo sleeping safely in my arms.

"Y/N," Dylan says as he walks over to me tears brimming his eyes. "I-" he pauses as he pets Boo. "I don't think there's anything else they can do, I- I'm sorry." He says but I can't accept it, I just can't accept this so easily.

"I have to find a way," I say to him. "They've done all that they can," he says bringing me into a hug. "No," I say as I push him away going back to Boo who was still laying on the table. She's not comfortable there. "I- if I moved her on my lap do you think I- I would cause her m-more pain," I ask the Vet who shakes her head. "Not much compared to what she's already feeling," she says turning to look at her for confirmation, she nods her head.

I carefully move Boo as to not hurt her, with Dylan's help I sit on the table as the Vet helps place Boo onto my lap. Instantly she begins to cuddle on to my stomach just like she has done since she was a puppy. "I- I don't want her to be in pain, b- but if I agree to putting her down, I- I would feel guilty for the rest of my life k- knowing I killed her." I sob as Boo rubs her nose on the palm of my hand, reminding me of the day I went to pick her up.

I had walked over to the group of puppies when the previous owners had taken me to them, I still wasn't sure on which one to take home, but that was until I saw Boo walking back and forth on top of her sleeping mothers side. I remember laughing at how odd that was. She was a small little thing. She wasn't the smallest, but she also wasn't the biggest out of her siblings, but I didn't care. She was the happiest looking one out of all of them, but when you would take a closer look at her eyes, you could see that little bit of mischief in them. Not many people know, but I didn't just call her Boo because of the Monsters, inc. character. I called her Boo because of the mischievous little glint in her eyes. Mischief not in a she looks scary type of way, but mischief as in 'I look like an angel but cross me and you'll regret it' type of way, so Boo, because you never would have expected that from her.

I had walked on over to her and the moment she saw me she tripped on her paw and fell of her mom, but quickly, like the fighter she is, she got up quickly. As fast as her little paws could move she ran over to me. Rubbing her nose gently on the palm of my hand in that instant I knew there was nothing to debate about, she would be my baby, my number one, and I took her home soon after. I decided then that I would be by her side forever, no matter the odds I would fight for her. So, why can't I fight for her now?

"It seems that I have f- failed you Boo," I say as small tear rolls of my cheek falling on top of her coat of fur. "I am so sorry." I close my eyes unwilling to accept the thought of living a life without her. "Y/N, you didn't fail her, you're here aren't you? You're trying your best to keep her comfortable even if she's in pain. You're reminding her of the amount of love you have for her, comforting her with that, the immense amount of love you're giving her is a huge comfort for her," Y/B/N says as he pats my leg comfortingly. "In the entire time we've been here in the emergency room, Boo hasn't wanted to move an inch, but the instant she saw you enter this room she pushed through it and started wagging her little tail, I know you saw that," he exclaims giving my knee a comforting squeeze, his words causing me to look up at him in shock.

"You've given Boo that energy she needed, and she wants to use the last bit of energy she has with you. I know you see that too." He says and I nod. "I know you don't want to hear this y/n, but she's in pain, you won't be the one who killed her if you decide to put her down," I close my eyes tightly at the words that come out of his mouth as if the action alone will cause the words to be anything but true. "She was lucky that you took her home, because you filled her life with joy and surrounded her with love, every day of her life. She loves you y/n." He adds. "You were a gift to her and now you can give her another gift," I look up at him knowing where he's going with this. "I- I can give her a painless death." I whisper as he pulls me into a tight hug as I feel him nodding his head.

"It's your decision y/n, I can only give you advice and stand by what you decide," he says as we pull apart with his hands resting on my shoulders, "so what will it be?" He asks and I look down at Boo who still has her head snuggled up to my stomach but now with her eyes closed.

"She won't feel any pain if we put her d- down, right?" I ask the Vet as I turn to look at her. "No, she wouldn't feel any pain," she replies. "If this is what you've decided I would recommend you say your goodbyes now as the process will be done pretty quickly and not all of you will have enough time to say your goodbyes," the Vet says as she turns to look at all of us before setting her eyes on me.

Dylan, my sister-in-law, and my brother all said goodbye before heading outside with the vet to give me a moment alone.

"But y/b/n, you love her just as much as I do, don't you want to be here?" I ask with a trembling lip. "I'll be here when it happens, but for now, you need your moment alone." He says and I nod before he shuts the door.

"You know. I've always known this day would come, never did I think it would be like this though. I- I thought you would have gone in you sleep with a dream of you running around in your favorite dog park. I- I'm sorry I couldn't do more for you Boo, I wish I could've s- saved you from this terrible ending, you deserved way more than this." I sob out.

"You're the best darn dog anyone could have ever asked for, and contrary to what y/b/n said, it wasn't you who was lucky to have met me, no, I was lucky to have had you in my life." I say as I place a kiss on her head. "I promise that I'll never forget you, I mean how can I forget my best girl, the silliest, most energetic, and bravest dog this world has ever known!" I tell her as I rub between her eyes just the way she's always liked it.

"Im going to miss you so much Boo. We will meet again one day, okay? I swear if you act like you don't know me when I get to heaven, I won't play tug of war with you." I say causing her to shake her head. "Fine, I won't play tug a war with you for like a day." I say laughing between sobs.

"I could stay here for the rest of my days saying goodbye, but that would never be enough, and you deserve better than that because you deserve to go peacefully." I say as I hug her closely to me. "I love you Boo. Don't you ever forget that, okay? We'll see each other again, I- I promise." I finish up my goodbye as I see the door being opened by the Vet mentally asking me if I was ready. Looking down at Boo, I see her staring back up at me, giving Boo the best smile I could pull at the moment I nod my head. The rest, Dylan, my brother, and my sister-in-law following behind her.

Dylan standing behind me placing his hands on my shoulders in a comforting way, and my brother right by my side rubbing Boo's paw, whispering his goodbyes once again.

Soon the Vet administers the medication that will put her down and as Boo's eyes begin to flutter to a close, a flood of tears began to run down my cheeks.

"I'm here Boo, I will always be here." I say and before her eyes permanently closed I made sure she heard those three words once again.

I love you.

——————————————————————
Chapter 47 now complete!

Bet y'all weren't expecting another update so soon, huh?

Trust me I didn't either. But then I got an idea on where to go with the story, so I figured oh well there will always be homework to do, let me write this chapter now, and so here we are now.

This chapter was extremely painful to write, I was crying and I don't know how I managed to see the screen. If any y'all had gotten attached to Boo, I just wanted to say I'm sorry, trust me it hurt me too. This was an emotional chapter, the first chapter in this book that has made me emotional really.

Please, let me know your thoughts on this chapter, I love hearing from you all.

Well this is it for this chapter.

Have a nice day, week, month, year, life!

Till next chapter
- M ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 14.9K 40
[Sequel to Secret] "Ah, the truth, a beautiful and terrible thing that must be treated with care." Courtney has been entrusted with a mission that on...
1.7M 56.4K 33
❝You look awfully familiar❞ // ❝And you look like my next girlfriend.❞ ➻ Ranked #1 in Wattpad! THIS BOOK IS COPYRIGHTED!! I do not consent to this s...
1M 23.6K 30
Draco Malfoy. One of the most arrogant teenage boys in Slytherin's house. He struts through the school and doesn't miss an opportunity to cut someone...
32.3K 2.5K 25
ဒီပုံပြင်ထဲမှာ..ဘယ်သူကချစ်လွန်းခဲ့တာလဲ?