How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 44

435 10 8
By OHale24

"You should come to California this weekend since your off." Dylan says as we head into the airport.

I look at him in shock, I am a complete idiot how did I not think of this sooner. It would be great I get to see the gang again, I can even surprise them.

"That is a great idea and I hate that I wasn't the one that came up with it." I say with a smile but ended with a small pout. "Well that just shows who truly is the best in this relationship." Dylan says as we stop before we reach the point I can't go past in the airport.

"Haha very funny Dylan." I say with a joking glare. "We all know that's me, but seriously, I'll definitely be going to California then this weekend, just remind me to not get an extra shift, you know how much I love my job." I say as we swing side to side in the middle of our hug not caring about the stares we're getting from people.

"And this time you'll stay at my house?" Dylan asks with his adorable puppy eyes causing me to let out a small laugh. "Yes, I promise I'll stay with you this time around, but no funny business." I say with a finger pointed at his chest. "What!? Me!? I would never." He says with a fake shocked tone. "Yeah, yeah, and also don't tell the gang I'm coming over I-" before I could finish my sentence Dylan cut me off, "so we can have more time to ourselves, don't worry babe I'm one step ahead of you." He says as he leans down to lay a kiss on my cheek softly bitting it to mess with me.

"Dylan stop there's children around." I say with a laugh but he only sends me a wink. "Fine, I won't tell the gang so we can surprise them when you get there-" He says and I smile just as they call Dylan's plane to begin boarding.

"-and so we can have some alone time." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and begins to let me out of our hug but continues to hold my hands.

"Alright lover boy." I say with a small laugh as I give him a kiss before he leaves.

"Alright, I'll see you when you land this weekend." He says as he rubs his thumb on the palm of my hand. "You would expect these goodbyes to get easier every time but honestly they just get harder and harder." I say while giving him a tight hug not wanting to let him go. "Hey, baby, the weekend will come before you know it okay." He says as he lifts my head up to look him in the eyes. I give him a small nod knowing I'll see him again soon.

"Hey, come on, don't be sad. I'll call you as soon as I land, yeah?" I nod and give him a small smile. "Yeah, you should probably go before the plane leaves without you." I say with a small laugh and he smiles. "Something tells me you'd be happy if the plane left without me." He says as he wraps his arms around me again and I finally smile.

"You know you're not wrong." I say with a laugh as I give another hug. "But I probably should be heading out now before I miss my flight." He says and I nod. We finally let go but not before he plants one last kiss goodbye. We start to walk away but not before I feel someone pulling me back.

I quickly turn around confused to see Dylan with a look I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"Dyl-" I was about to question him but he cut me off. "I know I have to go but I couldn't leave without telling you" he pauses and I stare at him confused wondering what was so important he needed to tell even if it meant risking his flight. "I love you Y/N. I'll be waiting for you back home." He says giving me one last kiss goodbye before quickly leaving me behind in shock.

"Dylan." I whisper as I no longer see him among the crowd.

~ Back at Home ~

I lock the car and slowly walk inside my house still thinking about what happened at the airport. Dylan loves me. He told me he loves me. That idiot left me before I could even say anything.

"There's only one thing to do." I say as I look over at Boo who is sitting right beside me. I reach for my phone and dial the first person that came to mind.

"Girl, I was ordering pizza." I see Vere pop up on my screen with a pout upset she couldn't finish placing her pizza order. "Sorry. It's just." I pause thinking about Dylan and I'd momento at the airport again. "So, I uh just came back from dropping off Dylan at the airport." I said not really focusing at my phone screen but just starting out into nothing in particular.

"Hey, Y/N? What's wrong you seem out of it, did y'all get into a fight or something?" I shake my head. "No, not even. It's just I, hold up are you alone or is Tyler within ear shot?" I ask.

"Nah that boy is out filming for Supergirl." She said waving off my worry. "Besides if he does come back suddenly I'm in our room so we would have time to cut off our conversation before he could hear." She says and I nod. "Alright so what happened?" She asks worried.

"Dylan told me he loved me." I said and finally focus on my phone screen. "What!?" She yells and I quickly regret having my phone in full blast as Boo runs away from the living room. "How did this happen? I need all the details!" I pout my lips thinking back at the moments we were having at the airport.

"Alright so Im not gonna give you all the details like I usually would because you'll probably regret asking for the details if I do." I say causing her to scrunch up her face a bit. "You right, give me the summary." She says and I nod.

"So we were doing the usual just waiting for the time to come for him to board his plane and when it finally came I got sad that he had to leave me again. Basically I was down and he tried to cheer me up, so then he finally managed to do so and we said our last goodbye." She nods and I continue. "As i was starting to walk away I feel someone pull me back when I saw it was Dylan, but he had this look that I couldn't tell what he was thinking when he said 'I love you Y/N' then kissed me goodbye and left me with a kiss goodbye." I said and I give her a moment to process all this information since I was talking a bit fast towards the end.

"What do you think?" Vere asks me.

"Well girl that's why I'm calling you. I don't know what I think!" I say while putting a hand over my face.

"Alright, fine. Let me get straight to it then. Do you love him?" She says and I think. Well do I love him?

Well.

Yeah, I do.

"Yeah, I do. I love the freaking idiot that left me before I could even say anything back." I say with a smile but quickly frown at that boy.

"Well I understand him." She says with a small shrug. "What!?" I say shocked. "Well I mean girl, come on, I've known you since we were little you were probably standing there shocked. You probably didn't even kiss him back." She says. "What yes I.. did I?" I say mostly to myself. "You see, now where you standing there shocked or not?" She says already knowing the answer. "Yeah that's what I thought, you see so you can't really be upset about him leaving you." She says and I nod knowing she's right. "Plus he knows he's your first boyfriend so he probably didn't want to make you feel pressured or anything." I nod agreeing with her statement. "So what are you going to do now?"

"Well that's the thing I can't just say I love him back through the phone it's just not the same." I say with a sigh. "Okay, I know you love him, I mean we've all know you too have been in love with each other for a long time now." She says dragging out the word 'long.' "But do you see yourself marrying him? Having a family with him? A future?" She says and I honestly don't even have to think twice about my answer. "I do, I really do. Not only do I see it but I want it with him." I say with a big smile. "I support this relationship." She says with a big smile and I laugh. "Vere, you've supported it since he and I first met." I say with a laugh.

"I know, I know, but now it's one-hundred percent. Unless he does something stupid but come on I doubt that." She says and I smile. When suddenly I receive a 911 message from Tyler, Hoechlin to be exact.

'911'

'Call me ASAP!'

"Hey Vere, I need to go my parents are calling, gotta see what they need." I said and she nods. "Alright, if you need anything else let me know." She says and I nod. "I will, thank you so much Vere. Love you!" I say as she responds back with a quick 'Love you too' and we hang up.

I quickly call Tyler to ask him what's the emergency.

"Hey what's up with the 911 text?" I ask confused as I get up give Boo her food.

"Because it's an emergency, what else would 911 mean?" He says poking fun at me.

"Clearly" I say with a laugh "but what's the emergency?"

"Well first of all, I need your permission." He says and now I'm ultimately confused. "My permission? With what?" I ask Tyler confused as I put him on speaker as I start taking out some pans to make food for myself as I already finished feeding Boo.

"To ask Vere's hand in marriage."

All that was heard was the sound of my favorite pan hitting the floor and Tyler yelling in the background worried what that sound was.

"My best friend is going to get married!" I tell excitedly jumping up and down.

"So I'm taking that as a yes?" I laugh at Hoechlin's statement which is more of a questions. "Yes! Of course it's a yes!! Come on I've supported this relationship since day one. You should be more worried about asking her parents." I say with a small laugh. "Oh I already asked they said yes." He says and I smile.

"Yes! My best friends getting married, my best friends getting married." I start to yell and sing around my kitchen excited for Vere.

"Alright, alright now back to my dilemma-" Tyler was quickly cut off by the sound of a pan scrapping the floor loudly. "What was that?" Was all you could hear as I lay on the floor trying my hardest not to yell.

"Nothing." I say as I hold my knee well really my whole left leg in pain. Couldn't really hold on to my elbow since most of my pain was in my leg I was really just trying to put pressure wherever to control the pain, but nothing was helping.

"Y/N, knowing you that 'nothing' definitely means something." He says trying to get the words out of me. "Okay so I may or may not have been doing my celebratory dance when I slipped on my favorite pan that I accidentally dropped on the floor earlier and now my left leg and elbow are in pain." I say somewhat quickly and all you hear was a sigh. "-and it may or may not also hurt when I move them." I say while bitting my lip.

"Gosh Dylan's gonna kill me." I hear Tyler sigh and I let out a small laugh. "Next time I spring out some big news on you I have to make sure you're sitting down." He says and I laugh. "Yeah maybe." I try to stand up but I fall back on my butt in pain. "Yeah, no, this is not good like at all." It would be much easier for me to stand if it weren't for me trying to pull myself up with only one good leg and one good arm.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just chilling here in my kitchen floor since I kinda can't stand up." I say with a small laugh.

"Man when I called I was hoping you would help me find out a way to propose to her not me helping you find out how to stand." He says and I smile.

"I'll be fine and I'll still be able to help you, I just need to call my brother quickly so he can take me to the hospital." I say like it's no big deal but I can honestly feel Tyler's stress through the phone.

"You better save me from Dylan when he finds out I was kind of the cause of you falling and having to go the hospital." He says and I laugh "Don't worry Tyler, everyone knows how clumsy I am, he wouldn't blame you." I say while trying to reach for my phone that is thankfully on the edge of the kitchen counter.

"You're right, that man loves me." He says.

"Back off Tyler he's mine." I say with a giggle as I search for my brothers contact. "That's fine, Vere is mine anyways." He says. "Hey Ve-." I sigh. "Well, I guess she really is, she going to be Mrs. Hoechlin pretty soon or who knows maybe y'all will decide to combine y'all's last names." I say with a smile. "Alright I'll let you go so you can call your brother. You're probably still in pain call me when you can and don't stress out too much about it if you can't." I nod. "And I know you'll probably ask about this later, but yes, I already bought the ring." I smile.

"If it weren't for my already hurting leg and elbow, I'd probably be doing my celebratory dance again." I say causing him to laugh as I join along with him.

————————————————————————
Chapter 44 is now complete!

Hey guys, it's honestly been a while since I last updated. Let me just tell y'all when I was writing this chapter I remember just how much I loved writing this book especially how much I feel my writing has improved and matured. Sure I have typos here and there, but hey I'm human, I can't help it.

So what do you guys think of Dylan saying I love you for the first time!? I actually love how I added a little bit pda(ish) between Y/N and Dylan at the beginning in the chapter. It's not something I've done a lot in the book or at least from what I think and I think it actually came out cute. Also, what do you think of Tyler wanting time propose to Vere? And Y/N needing to the hospital for her injuries?

I hope you guys are staying safe during these difficult times. I hope nothing but the best for all of you and your loved ones. If you guys ever need to speak to anyone my messages are always open.

This is the end for this chapter.

I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please comment your opinions on this chapter of the development of the book I love hearing back from y'all.

p.s. a vote would also be really appreciated ;)

I hope you guys have a nice day, week, month, year.

Till next chapter

Bye 👋❤️😁
       -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

684K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
255K 7.2K 50
After Dumbledore's death, Voldemort was slowly rising to power, Mavis had set off with Fred and George at the the Evans Manor in the Philippines toge...
765K 15.8K 40
Edward wasn't all sad and alone before Bella. He was married to the first ever Vampire Artemis. Heartbroken and very angry she leaves. She gets a cal...
1.7K 68 10
Luca had just came back to the squad, he missed everyone so much! Including his best friend charli who he has a small crush on. As everyone is crowdi...