How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 43

533 10 4
By OHale24

"Hey babe." Dylan starts to say as he throws the ball up in the air and catches it. "So you're batting has definetly improved." He says with an emphasis in the word definitely and as he catches the ball once more. "And you're pitching well..." he pauses as he catches the ball one more time and turns to look at me. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He says with a small smirk on his lips.

"Haha very funny babe." I say as I grab a ball and throw it at him knowing he'll catch it.. or the ball wouldn't even reach as far as to hit him.

"See that was better." Dylan says as he catches the ball. "Strength wise." He says with a small laugh. "Oh shut up." I say with a laugh while heading to the car to put away all the stuff.

"What, you're tired already?" Dylan says with a small laugh as he follows behind me with the glove and the baseball. "I'm not really tired of playing its more like im tired of playing with you." I say with a bit of sarcasm. "Haha very funny babe." Dylan says as he lightly pushes me.

"Im kidding." I say with a small laugh as I get Boo into the car. "Thank you for improving my batting skills and my pitching skills even if it was only a little bit of improvement." I say by putting my thumb and index finger in the air showing just how little my pitching improved.

"Let's just hope your skills don't worsen by the time saturday comes around." He laughs as we get into the car.

"Aww thanks for believing in me Dyl." I say with a hand over my heart.

"Always." He says sending me a small wink.

"Okay lets go. Were gonna stop by Baskin-Robbins to get some ice cream." I say as I start to reverse out of the parking spot and driving off.

"Babe, you have ice cream at home." He says as he plugs his phone into the aux cord.

"But im too lazy besides I don't have any waffle cones." I say with a small pout as I continue driving towards our destination.

We continued driving toward Baskin- Robbins in silence with the occasional barking coming from Boo in the back as she saw a car passing by us. That girl seriously enjoys racing.

"Okay so I understand you said your too lazy to get yourself ice crean but we still have to get off." Dylan says as we get to the store.

"This is why Drive-thrus were created."

I drove over to the drive-thru and waited for the worker to ask for my order.

"Hi, yes, can I have a waffle cone.. 2 scoops.. one strawberry scoop and the other mint chocolate chip." I say as I look over to Dylan mentally asking him what does he want.

"I'll get chocolate ice cream.. one scoop and in a waffle cone." He says as I repeat the same thing to the gentleman taking our order.

Once we finished we went over to the window and I payed before Dylan could fight me on it.

~ Back at the House ~

"So what movie are we watching tonight?" I ask Dylan as I lick my ice cream.

"You can choose." He say as eats his ice cream. "No you choose." I say.

"No you choose." He says as we look at each other having a staring contest.

Even with a staring contest there was no way I was gonna stop eating my ice cream.

"Come on choose one I want to eat my ice cream and watch a movie." I say with a laugh. "Fine" Dylan says as he takes the controller and changes the TV from Netflix to look through channels, but once he sees the Mets it was all over. We both turned to look at each other as I shook my head while he nodded.

"Hey you were the one who said for me to choose one, so I did." He says with an innocent smile. "Im only allowing this because I know if the roles were reversed and it were the Astros playing we would be watching them play." I say with my pointer finger in the air.

~ Saturday ~

"It's time." I say with my bat on one shoulder and Boo's leash on my right hand.

"Okay calm down. It's not like were going into war." Dylan says with a laugh.

"Haha you're so funny." I say with a jokingly fake laugh. "Right, for a second I forgot you're competitive.. very competitive." Dylan says with a sigh to which I smile ever so innocently. "But that reminds me. This isn't only about winning today but its also about you meeting my family for the first time." I say with a smile hiding how nervous I really am for my family to meet Dylan.

Im not afraid of them not liking Dylan I mean what isn't there to like. I'm just nervous because my family is meeting not only my boyfriend, but the guy that I might possibly be in love with.

"Lets hope they dont hate after seeing how great I am at baseball." Dylan says with a confident smirk.

"Okay let's not get cocky now." I say as I lock the car and head over to the baseball field where my family is already at.

"I know you said your family was big but I never imagined your family was this big." Dylan says with big eyes as he sees my family all around the field. Some were in the field warming up others sitting down on the benches and some were sitting in one of the two dugout's. Poor Dylan doesn't know some of my family members have yet to get here.

"Yeah about that." I say as I stop to look at him. "Were still missing some people." I say with a small laugh as Dylan runs his hand through his hair shocked from the news.

"Yeah, grandma had 'a lot' of children." I say emphasizing the 'a lot' part.

"I think my batting is gonna suck after shacking everyone's hands." Dylan says looking down at his hand as we continue walking. "You dont have to worry about that, my family are more into hugging." I say with a smile.

"Y/N!" Before Dylan could say anything one of my closest cousins came over yelling out my name.

"Sofia!" I say as we hug each other. Its been so long since we've seen each other with many of us working now.

"Its been a while since we've played baseball." She says excitedly. "I know im so excited, you better play this time and not just be score keeper." I say to her knowing whatever she says she's still just going to be score keeper.

"I'll think about it." She says with a laugh as she looks over at Dylan. "Sofia this is my boyfriend Dylan, Dylan this is my cousin Sofia." I say to them even though I know Sofia knows who he is, many of my cousins do. My cousins and I have watched Teen Wolf together before so they know who he is already.

"Hi! It's so good to meat you." Sofia says as Dylan shakes her hand. Maybe with my cousins he'll be shaking hands but just wait until he meets my uncles and aunts, especially my aunts.

"Its nice to meat you too." He says with a smile. "Come on we should go eat before they finishe the food." My cousin says as she nods us over. Usually we play before we eat because then we'll get lazy to even warm up.

"Hi Tia," I say to one of my aunts sitting in the dug out. "Hi mija, oh who's this?" My aunt says as the rest of my aunts turn to look at Dylan and I. "This is Dylan, my boyfriend." I say with a smile nervous for my uncles to hear.

"I'm sorry who!?" I hear my favorite uncle ask. "I know you're not old enough for a boyfriend." He says in a serious tone but we all know he's joking, just a little. "Tío, if I'm old enough to work im old enough for a boyfriend." I say with a laugh. "Can he play?" My uncle asks referring to baseball. "Tío he's right here, ask him yourself." I say motioning towards Dylan.

My uncle asked his question once again to which Dylan replied with "yeah I've been playing since I was young."

After the introductions we started splitting up into teams which to Dylan's luck, was in the same team as mine.

The game continued and it was finally Dylan's time to shine. It was the moment my aunts and uncles kept wondering about, I could see it in their faces as they wondered if he could actually play like he said he could. The first pitch was a good one but he swung late, second pitch foul ball, but the third pitch was a good one got him to second base. Let's just say my family was surprised and our team cheered him on as he got to second, but sadly, I was next in the line up.

"Y/N, you're up!" My cousin Sofia yelled. "Yeah, I know, I know." I say not looking forward for this strike out.

Again, first pitch was a good one, but I didn't swing. "Come on babe!" I hear Dylan yell making me shy in front of my family since this is the first time they've met him, first time introducing a boyfriend, and then they hear him calling me babe. I suddenly see the ball coming towards but you know what if I get taken out, oh well. I swung the bat and the ball almost hit Dylan but luckily he ran for it so I decided to run too. I ran until I got to first, luckily Dylan made a run but I'm stuck at first.

I look towards Dylan and give him a thumbs up. He is a pretty good teacher, maybe next time we can practice more on my pitching.

~After the game~

"We won!" I yell at the top of my lungs with my cousin as he makes it back to home scoring the winning run. My team and I run out of the dug out to go hug my cousin as we celebrate our win.

Once I spot my brother I call out to him, "Guess you can say I'm the MVP of the family." I say to him, not forgetting my iconic, or in this case, dramatic hair flip.

"Alright, alright. I'll admit. You definitely improved, but I wouldn't go as far as to say you're the MVP of the family." He says with a small laugh.

"Yeah Y/N, once you learn how to pitch and if you continue batting like that, than maybe then we will consider if you qualify to be the MVP." He says with a laugh as he practices catching the baseball in mid air.

"You all are just jealous of my skill. It's not my fault you can't be as good as me." I say as I turn around to hug Dylan who was standing behind me. "So from what I saw today, you really can play Dylan." I hear my uncle say from behind me. I let go of Dylan and face my uncle who was smiling at us. "Of course, he is. He is my son-in-law, if he's related to me, he can definitely play." My dad says in a cocky tone causing us all to laugh. "So Dylan, will you be joining us next weekend for another game?" My uncle asks but Dylan and I shake our head in unison. "I can't, I'm going to be in California working." Dylan says with a frown as he wraps his arms around the front of my waist.

"Oh you're work is sending you to California? What do you work as?" My uncle asks being the protective uncle he is, I wouldn't be shocked if several more questions follow.

"No, I actually live in California. I'm an actor." He says and I nod. "Oh really have I seen you in anything?" My uncle says while looking between the two of us, especially at Dylan's arm around my waist. I shake my head and speak up, "You wouldn't really watch what he's been in Tío, but if you ask any of my cousins, they'll be able to name some for sure." I say and he nods, but before he could say something else my aunt walks up to us.

"Come on, leave the two love birds alone." She says to my uncle flashing us a smile as she walks away with my uncle and father.

"You know being someone's son-in-law has a nice ring to it." He says causing me to blush out of embarrassment for my dad's forwardness. "Sorry about that, and for my uncle's series of questions." I say as I cover my face in Dylan's chest out of embarrassment. "Babe, don't be embarrassed." He says as I feel him place a kiss on my head causing a soft smile to grow on my face. "I mean it's bound to happen one of these days." He says with a shrug causing me to giggle.
——————————————————————
Chapter 43 is now complete!!

Feels like it's been a year since I last updated, but once I checked it's really only been about 4 months or maybe a little bit less. Sorry for not updating in so long. It's shocking how so much has happened since the last time I updated, I mean the whole world is in the middle of a pandemic. My heart goes out to all of you, especially those who are directly suffering from COVID-19, I'm praying for each and everyone of y'all's safety.

To not make this authors note too depressing Ima try and change the mood real quick. So I was reading through my old chapters to see where I left Y/N and Dylan off. When I say I was cringing from the first chapter till a couple of chapters before this one, I whole heartedly mean it. Wow how my writing has improved, I would go back in edit those chapters, because I know I can do better, but I know I'm too lazy to do all that. I'd probably stop on the first or second chapter lmao.

Also, since I maybe didn't mention this before, but the word "Tío" means "Uncle" in Spanish.

But anyways I guess that's enough for my little authors note.

Again, I pray you and your family's re all staying safe during these tough times. Things will get better soon.

I hope we all have a nice day, week, month, year and life!!

Bye 👋😊❤️
        -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 202 11
You've been living in Oceanside, California your whole life, and your best friend is your neighbor. But, while you get older, he changes into the cut...
6.5K 284 26
Welcome to Essence of The World. --------------------------------- Long ago there were more then just the Chromatic Steves, there were Steves based...
2.8K 60 3
Chrystal riddle stayed with her grandparents in London, her family is the most richest family in the wizard world.
7.6K 89 9
A collection of Teen Wolf imagines and one shots. All works published here are from my tumblr @stunbar